IRC log of mediaann on 2008-09-30

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:49:05 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
20:49:05 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-irc
20:49:12 [fsasaki]
meeting: Media Annotations WG
20:49:14 [fsasaki]
chair: Felix
20:49:19 [fsasaki]
scribe: hui
20:50:24 [hui]
hi all
20:51:22 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Sep/0081.html
20:52:08 [raphael]
Frank Nack and I will share a phone
20:52:18 [frank]
hi all
20:52:20 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to check WG participant mailing list subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed automatically
20:52:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-6 - Check WG participant mailing list subscription mechanism to make sure that new participants are subscribed automatically [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-10-07].
20:52:50 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()5:00PM has now started
20:52:55 [fsasaki]
present: hui, raphael, frank, felix
20:52:57 [Zakim]
+??P0
20:53:19 [fsasaki]
regrets: Daniel, Veronique
20:55:04 [davy]
davy has joined #mediaann
20:55:50 [tobiasbuerger]
tobiasbuerger has joined #mediaann
20:56:18 [dsinger]
dsinger has joined #mediaann
20:56:43 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:56:46 [Zakim]
-??P0
20:56:47 [Zakim]
+??P0
20:56:50 [Zakim]
+??P1
20:56:50 [Zakim]
+tobiasbuerger
20:57:14 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:57:31 [raphael]
zakim, P1 is raphael_frank
20:57:31 [Zakim]
sorry, raphael, I do not recognize a party named 'P1'
20:57:37 [raphael]
zakim, ??P1 is raphael_frank
20:57:37 [Zakim]
+raphael_frank; got it
20:57:44 [Zakim]
-??P0
20:57:51 [dsinger]
zakim is hanging up on me...
20:58:11 [Zakim]
+jcraig
20:58:11 [dsinger]
ok now
20:58:16 [fsasaki]
present+ Tobias, Davy
20:58:38 [dsinger]
I'm on the phone
20:58:48 [fsasaki]
present+ Dave
20:58:48 [hui]
connecting, use skype
20:58:56 [fsasaki]
present+ hui
20:58:59 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aaaa
20:59:03 [davy]
I'm on the phone
20:59:04 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:59:29 [hui]
P6 seems is me
20:59:31 [hui]
P6 seems is hui
20:59:41 [hui]
s/
20:59:47 [wbailer]
zakim, aaaa is wbailer
20:59:47 [Zakim]
+wbailer; got it
21:00:04 [Zakim]
+??P7
21:00:13 [erik]
erik has joined #mediaann
21:00:44 [fsasaki]
present+ Erik
21:00:48 [raphael]
zakim, ??P6 is hui
21:00:48 [Zakim]
+hui; got it
21:01:38 [dsinger]
weird I don't see myself on the phone
21:02:16 [dsinger]
hui can't be both p2 and p7
21:02:21 [raphael]
oups
21:02:22 [dsinger]
I think I am p2
21:02:29 [dsinger]
whatever
21:02:32 [davy]
I think I am p2 or p7
21:02:32 [hui]
i'm p6
21:02:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
21:02:41 [dsinger]
p2 or p6, sorry
21:02:52 [dsinger]
zakim, ??p7 is dsingr
21:02:52 [Zakim]
+dsingr; got it
21:03:08 [dsinger]
zakim, ho is here
21:03:08 [Zakim]
sorry, dsinger, I do not recognize a party named 'ho'
21:03:13 [dsinger]
zakim, who is here?
21:03:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see hui, raphael_frank, tobiasbuerger, Felix, jcraig, wbailer, hui.a (muted), dsingr
21:03:15 [Zakim]
On IRC I see erik, dsinger, tobiasbuerger, davy, RRSAgent, Zakim, fsasaki, wbailer, hui, frank, raphael, trackbot
21:03:34 [Zakim]
+ +030210292aabb
21:03:42 [Zakim]
-hui
21:05:01 [Zakim]
+??P2
21:05:11 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2008Sep/att-0081/00-part
21:05:30 [fsasaki]
topic: Agenda review / approval of previous minutes
21:05:59 [Zakim]
+??P9
21:06:16 [raphael]
zakim, ??P9 is raphael
21:06:16 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
21:06:22 [Zakim]
-raphael
21:06:42 [Joakim]
Joakim has joined #mediaann
21:07:14 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-mediaann-minutes.html
21:07:16 [vassilis]
vassilis has joined #mediaann
21:07:26 [hui]
TOPIC: review of action items
21:08:19 [Zakim]
+??P9
21:08:23 [raphael]
zakim, ??P9 is raphael
21:08:23 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
21:09:52 [hui]
??: ask something about how to have the meeting
21:09:53 [hui]
??: ask something about how to have the meeting
21:10:04 [hui]
??: too much to discuss
21:10:19 [hui]
fsasaki: just discuss it briefly
21:10:26 [fsasaki]
s??: /Raphael/
21:10:44 [fsasaki]
s/action items/agenda/
21:11:29 [fsasaki]
previous minutes approved: http://www.w3.org/2008/09/23-mediaann-minutes.html
21:11:44 [hui]
TOPIC: Selection of scribe for next meeting
21:12:16 [hui]
fsasaki: next week will be Oct 7. 13 UTC
21:12:33 [wbailer]
i volunteer for scribing next week
21:12:51 [hui]
wbailer: volunteer next week
21:13:05 [hui]
fsasaki: that's great.
21:13:22 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/december-f2f/results
21:13:23 [hui]
TOPIC: Future telephone conferences and f2f meetings / call time
21:13:46 [hui]
fsasaki: Dec. 9,10 including joint meeting with Media Fragments WG
21:14:26 [hui]
??: media fragments WG decided last week, f2f meeting, on Dec 9, 10, need to check again
21:14:27 [dsinger]
alas, dec 9,10 I will be at a Blu-ray meeting (probably Japan)
21:14:43 [raphael]
s/??:/raphael:
21:14:44 [hui]
TOPIC: Action items
21:15:06 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
21:15:29 [hui]
fsasaki: only one, new added. check the scribe and emails
21:15:43 [raphael]
wonders whether the group participants should create a wiki account of if such an account has already been created?
21:16:15 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
21:16:20 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/wiki/Main_Page
21:16:46 [hui]
fsasaki: answer raphael, should log in to the wiki and then be able to create pages
21:17:47 [fsasaki]
topic: Open issues
21:18:22 [hui]
??: question about use cases, add mobile aspects ?
21:19:06 [hui]
??: many candidate user cases can be add this mobile aspect
21:19:25 [Zakim]
-raphael_frank
21:19:55 [hui]
fsasaki: ask for ideas on the phone
21:20:08 [raphael]
s/??:/Joakim
21:21:11 [Joakim]
Action: Joakim to describe mobile aspects to use cases
21:21:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-7 - Describe mobile aspects to use cases [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-10-07].
21:21:59 [fsasaki]
6054 Formats in scope / out of scope http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42786/formats/results
21:22:08 [frank]
regarding the mobile use case: is the aim to add automatically localisation data - as for images on flickr?
21:22:24 [hui]
fsasaki: did not have lots of responses on 6054
21:23:14 [hui]
fsasaki: delay the questionnaire again
21:23:19 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
21:24:24 [fsasaki]
6064Use case "Services by using an unified media annotation"
21:24:46 [hui]
fsasaki: call for volunteer to provide more information
21:25:00 [hui]
fsasaki: and put the information for the use case to wiki
21:25:14 [hui]
??: already to the work, will post to wiki later
21:25:38 [fsasaki]
action: Tobias to put XG use cases into wiki
21:25:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-8 - Put XG use cases into wiki [on Tobias Bürger - due 2008-10-07].
21:26:01 [hui]
6065 Use case "Video on IPTV"
21:26:29 [hui]
fsasaki: any ideas about this one ?
21:28:07 [hui]
??: no use cases linked with video at all expect this one
21:28:48 [hui]
fsasaki: ask somebody to elaborate this use case
21:29:46 [hui]
??: will do this job
21:29:58 [Joakim]
action: Joakim elaborates on the video use case
21:29:58 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-9 - Elaborates on the video use case [on Joakim Söderberg - due 2008-10-07].
21:30:09 [fsasaki]
s/??:/Joakim/
21:30:21 [hui]
6066 Requirement "Covering variations across locales"
21:30:53 [hui]
fsasaki: anybody want to work on this requirement ?
21:31:17 [hui]
fsasaki: propose to drop it ?
21:31:39 [hui]
??: pretty tricky one, maybe leave it will be fine
21:32:32 [fsasaki]
s/??:/Dave:/
21:32:38 [hui]
ACTION-9 Dave to elaborate 6066
21:33:04 [hui]
ACTION: Dave to elaborate 6066
21:33:04 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Dave
21:33:12 [dsinger]
dsinger
21:33:29 [hui]
6067 Use case "Audiovisual archive as a Cultural Heritage institution"
21:34:10 [hui]
fsasaki: any volunteers want to create information in wiki
21:34:25 [raphael]
Veronique is interested in his use case
21:34:32 [raphael]
s/his/this
21:34:48 [hui]
ACTION: ?? create information in wiki about 6067
21:34:48 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ??
21:35:03 [wbailer]
s/??:/wbailer/
21:35:20 [hui]
??: what about split the use case into two
21:36:01 [hui]
??: application / technique points of view, interoperate problem, search problem
21:37:03 [fsasaki]
s/??: what/Vassilis: what/
21:37:23 [fsasaki]
s/??: application/werner: application/
21:37:38 [hui]
??: very important issue, not only ontology, but more to be covered
21:38:06 [fsasaki]
s/??: very/Vassilis: very/
21:38:07 [frank]
if the search problem is seperated - what is the difference to 6083
21:39:23 [hui]
fsasaki: we have to see the result to seperate 6067
21:39:26 [hui]
6068 Use case "Metadata to help promoting safe environments"
21:40:22 [hui]
fsasaki: ask for volunteer to work on this oen
21:40:28 [raphael]
this use case comes from the POWDER WG
21:40:38 [raphael]
... and Phil Archher
21:41:27 [hui]
fsasaki: more discussions were required
21:41:32 [hui]
6069 Use case "Multi media and semantic web technologies"
21:41:41 [hui]
fsasaki: too general, will be dropped
21:41:52 [raphael]
agree to drop
21:41:55 [hui]
6077 Use case "Photo"
21:42:27 [hui]
fsasaki: call for volunteers to work on it
21:42:29 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #mediaann
21:44:58 [hui]
??: look for volunteers 6083
21:45:08 [fsasaki]
s/??:/Felix:/
21:45:56 [hui]
??: it's too specific to semantic technology, also to multi media
21:46:14 [fsasaki]
s/??:/Vassilis :/
21:48:09 [hui]
6078 Use case "Music"
21:48:42 [hui]
fsasaki: use wiki to write is recommend
21:49:18 [hui]
6085 Use case "multimedia sharing"
21:49:40 [hui]
fsasaki: call for volunteers to produce material
21:50:21 [j]
j has joined #mediaann
21:50:25 [hui]
fsasaki: volunteers for 6086, 6109 ?
21:50:43 [frank]
happy to fill in 6084 and 6086
21:51:00 [hui]
ACTION: frank will work on 6084 and 6086
21:51:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-10 - Will work on 6084 and 6086 [on Frank Nack - due 2008-10-07].
21:51:58 [hui]
6113 Requirement "Allowing for a simple API, abstraction in the ontology, and a clear mediation inbetween"
21:52:22 [dsinger]
I like the way this is phrased! (Maybe it was from my mail)
21:53:42 [hui]
fsasaki: explaining 6113 , question is how to make it happen
21:54:13 [hui]
ACTION dsinger will work more on this issue 6113
21:54:13 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - dsinger
21:55:07 [hui]
??: it would be better have a idea what does it mean to provide this API
21:55:28 [hui]
??: better to postpone this issue when ontology is ready
21:55:40 [raphael]
s/??://raphael:
21:57:01 [hui]
fsasaki: if postpone, it'll be very slow. maybe we should work them at the same time.
21:57:56 [hui]
fsasaki: most of people here are interested on ontology, ask for people to working on this API
21:58:25 [hui]
6126 Machine readable license data
21:59:28 [hui]
fsasaki: already discussed a lot in the mail list, any feeling whether we need to specify ontology on this kind of data
22:01:27 [hui]
rapheal: ICBC, they did some work on it, the result is to put this part as a link to other vocabularies, such as MPEG-21,
22:01:30 [frank]
I agree with Raphael
22:01:34 [davy]
+1
22:01:41 [wbailer]
+1
22:01:48 [vassilis]
+1
22:01:59 [raphael]
s/ICBC/IPTC
22:02:14 [hui]
fsasaki: it's a good approach
22:02:16 [hui]
fsasaki: it's a good approach
22:02:58 [Zakim]
-jcraig
22:02:59 [hui]
fsasaki: thanks for all,
22:02:59 [Zakim]
-davy
22:02:59 [Zakim]
-??P2
22:03:00 [Zakim]
-Vassilis
22:03:01 [Zakim]
-Felix
22:03:02 [Zakim]
-dsingr
22:03:02 [Zakim]
-raphael
22:03:03 [Zakim]
-tobiasbuerger
22:03:09 [fsasaki]
thanks for scribing, hui
22:03:16 [Zakim]
-wbailer
22:03:27 [Zakim]
-hui.a
22:03:30 [Zakim]
Attendees were tobiasbuerger, Felix, raphael_frank, jcraig, +43.316.876.aaaa, hui, wbailer, dsingr, +030210292aabb, Vassilis, raphael, davy
22:03:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
22:06:41 [raphael]
exit
22:08:36 [fsasaki]
present+ Vassilis
22:08:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/30-mediaann-minutes.html fsasaki
22:16:47 [erik]
erik has left #mediaann