IRC log of bpwg on 2008-09-25

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:02:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #bpwg
14:02:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/09/25-bpwg-irc
14:02:02 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:02:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #bpwg
14:02:04 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be BPWG
14:02:04 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see MWI_BPWG()10:00AM already started
14:02:05 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group Teleconference
14:02:06 [trackbot]
Date: 25 September 2008
14:02:15 [jeffs]
jeffs has joined #bpwg
14:03:11 [Zakim]
+Francois
14:03:23 [Zakim]
+ +1.585.278.aaaa
14:03:37 [francois]
Chair: DKA
14:03:51 [francois]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0084.html
14:03:57 [jeffs]
zakim, aaaa is jeffs
14:03:57 [Zakim]
+jeffs; got it
14:04:07 [jeffs]
zakim, unmute me
14:04:07 [Zakim]
jeffs was not muted, jeffs
14:04:21 [jeffs]
zakim, mute me
14:04:21 [Zakim]
jeffs should now be muted
14:04:45 [abel]
abel has joined #bpwg
14:05:19 [Zakim]
+[CTIC]
14:05:50 [DKA]
agenda+ MobileOK Basic Tests
14:06:07 [DKA]
agenda+ F2F notes if any
14:06:35 [Sangwhan_Moon]
Sangwhan_Moon has joined #bpwg
14:06:52 [francois]
Regrets: Kai, SeanP, Bruce, David_Storey, Jo, hgerlach, rob, Sangwhan, Manrique, dom, yeliz, adam
14:07:01 [DKA]
agenda+ BP2 Issues (277-280)
14:07:22 [francois]
Regrets+ Bryan
14:07:37 [abel_]
abel_ has joined #bpwg
14:07:56 [DKA]
agenda+ comments on widgets 1.0 Requirements
14:08:01 [DKA]
agenda?
14:08:07 [Zakim]
+??P22
14:08:11 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
14:08:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, Francois, jeffs (muted), [CTIC], ??P22
14:08:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see abel_, Sangwhan_Moon, jeffs, Zakim, RRSAgent, jo, achuter, DKA, francois, matt, dom, trackbot
14:08:14 [achuter]
zakim, ??P22 is me
14:08:14 [Zakim]
+achuter; got it
14:08:34 [Zakim]
+??P24
14:08:41 [DKA]
agenda+ alan's comments on bp2
14:09:21 [DKA]
agenda+ alan's suggest text (ACTION-790)
14:09:25 [DKA]
agenda?
14:09:56 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
14:09:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, Francois, jeffs (muted), [CTIC], achuter, ??P24
14:09:58 [Zakim]
[CTIC] has abel, miguel
14:09:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see abel_, Sangwhan_Moon, jeffs, Zakim, RRSAgent, jo, achuter, DKA, francois, matt, dom, trackbot
14:10:04 [francois]
Scribe: francois
14:10:08 [francois]
ScribeNick: francois
14:10:53 [francois]
Zakim, pick up next agendum
14:10:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'pick up next agendum', francois
14:10:54 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum
14:10:54 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "MobileOK Basic Tests" taken up [from DKA]
14:11:29 [DKA]
Scribe: DKA
14:11:34 [DKA]
ScribeNick: DKA
14:12:05 [DKA]
Francois: good news on MobileOK Basic tests. Google homepage is now MobileOK (thanks, Adam!)
14:13:09 [DKA]
Francois: Last point before moving to PR - https certificate - the way we handle invalid certificates. Following the comments from the security context working group. Jo has proposed some text to the security context working group. Suggest we take a resolution to say this text is fine provided that sec context working group agrees.
14:13:40 [francois]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2008JulSep/0156.html Jo's reply to WSC WG
14:14:00 [Sangwhan_Moon]
zakim, who is here?
14:14:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, Francois, jeffs (muted), [CTIC], achuter (muted), ??P24 (muted)
14:14:03 [Zakim]
[CTIC] has abel, miguel
14:14:04 [Zakim]
On IRC I see abel_, Sangwhan_Moon, jeffs, Zakim, RRSAgent, jo, achuter, DKA, francois, matt, dom, trackbot
14:14:10 [DKA]
DKA: Don't think we need a resolution yet.
14:14:32 [DKA]
Francois: yes - we will wait for comments back from sec context wg and then wait for next revision form Jo and then take a resolution.
14:14:35 [DKA]
DKA: OK.
14:14:39 [francois]
Scribe: francois
14:14:44 [francois]
ScribeNick: francois
14:14:54 [francois]
DKA: really good news that Google's mobileOK again!
14:14:55 [DKA]
Scribe: Francois
14:15:25 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum
14:15:25 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "F2F notes if any" taken up [from DKA]
14:15:53 [DKA]
http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dd3jk8v_128gb3xp5hq&hl=en
14:16:07 [francois]
DKA: The current draft is just a series of topics.
14:16:18 [francois]
... I think I have an action pending to update that.
14:16:28 [francois]
... Any comments?
14:17:36 [francois]
francois: no real comment. Question about the phone thing?
14:17:53 [francois]
DKA: yes. We're going to need it, because Bryan won't be there and needs to dial in.
14:18:27 [francois]
... On the "joint meetings" part:
14:19:15 [francois]
... WebApps WG is working on Widgets.
14:19:27 [francois]
... It's all about packaging things and security.
14:19:36 [jeffs]
+1 on that "Mobile widgets discussion with WebApps working group" idea, good to have explicit more-or-less seamless coord between them and us
14:20:00 [francois]
... We could work with them to establish that they reference MWABP as guidelines to write content for the Widgets.
14:20:20 [francois]
... I don't expect we spend too much time on that.
14:21:10 [francois]
francois: anyone talked to WebApps yet?
14:21:41 [francois]
DKA: not yet. Give me an action
14:22:03 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum
14:22:03 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "BP2 Issues (277-280)" taken up [from DKA]
14:22:04 [francois]
ACTION: Dan to write to WebApps to see if we could hold a joint meeting during TPAC F2F
14:22:04 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-851 - Write to WebApps to see if we could hold a joint meeting during TPAC F2F [on Daniel Appelquist - due 2008-10-02].
14:22:50 [francois]
DKA: wonder if we should move on on that without the editors.
14:22:56 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum
14:22:56 [Zakim]
agendum 3 was just opened, DKA
14:23:06 [francois]
francois: probably not, especially since there's an editorial meeting tomorrow
14:23:19 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum, dammit
14:23:19 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'next agendum, dammit', DKA
14:23:22 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum
14:23:22 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "comments on widgets 1.0 Requirements" taken up [from DKA]
14:24:05 [francois]
DKA: Bryan sent a note
14:24:14 [francois]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0087.html Bryan's comments on the comments
14:25:46 [francois]
francois: yes, from what I understood, he's going in the same direction we just mentioned.
14:26:19 [francois]
... and suggest that we forget about the comments we previously sent because WebApps is mostly concerned about packaging.
14:26:31 [francois]
... we could use MWABP as guidelines to write the content.
14:26:45 [francois]
DKA: Yes. I don't think we should expect too much, but that's a good idea.
14:26:50 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum
14:26:50 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "alan's comments on bp2" taken up [from DKA]
14:26:53 [francois]
... We'll see that at the TPAC
14:27:58 [francois]
francois: Should we resolve on the reply from WebApps to state we're fine with it?
14:28:42 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: BPWG acknowledges the reply from Web Apps WG to the comments it sent about the Widgets 1.0 Requirements specification.
14:28:56 [francois]
PROPOSED RESOLUTION: BPWG accepts the reply from Web Apps WG to the comments it sent about the Widgets 1.0 Requirements specification.
14:29:04 [francois]
+1
14:29:07 [jeffs]
+1
14:29:08 [abel_]
+1
14:29:11 [DKA]
+1
14:29:13 [Sangwhan_Moon]
+1
14:29:20 [francois]
RESOLUTION: BPWG accepts the reply from Web Apps WG to the comments it sent about the Widgets 1.0 Requirements specification.
14:29:29 [jeffs]
+1
14:29:38 [francois]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:29:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, Francois, jeffs (muted), [CTIC], achuter (muted), Sangwhan_Moon (muted)
14:29:40 [Zakim]
[CTIC] has abel, miguel
14:30:19 [francois]
DKA: Alan, unless you have anything to add, I suggest we skip this topic.
14:30:51 [Sangwhan_Moon]
(waves back)
14:31:05 [francois]
... Let's just record that the group needs to consider Alan's comments. We're likely to address them tomorrow during the editorial meeting. Any comment to Alan's comments should be sent ASAP.
14:32:10 [francois]
alan: one comment about ARIA which could help mobile web applications.
14:32:29 [francois]
... A lot of work is going into ARIA.
14:33:39 [francois]
... The TPAC would be a good opportunity to have informal talks with PFWG to see how important it could be for our document
14:34:06 [DKA]
zakim, next agendum
14:34:06 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "alan's suggest text (ACTION-790)" taken up [from DKA]
14:34:55 [francois]
DKA: So, that's actually what you were talking about, Alan
14:35:13 [francois]
... I was referring previously to your other comments.
14:35:56 [francois]
... We're going to consider these comments in the editorial meeting tomorrow.
14:36:25 [francois]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0080.html Alan's comments on MWABP
14:36:49 [francois]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html Alan's comments for ACTION-790
14:37:14 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
14:37:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, Francois, jeffs (muted), [CTIC], achuter, Sangwhan_Moon (muted)
14:37:16 [Zakim]
[CTIC] has abel, miguel
14:37:18 [Zakim]
On IRC I see abel_, Sangwhan_Moon, jeffs, Zakim, RRSAgent, jo, achuter, DKA, francois, matt, dom, trackbot
14:37:23 [Sangwhan_Moon]
zakim unmute me
14:37:30 [francois]
ack Sangwhan_Moon
14:37:47 [francois]
Topic: Sangwhan introduction
14:38:01 [francois]
Sangwhan: [introducing himself]
14:38:30 [francois]
... from Opera Software.
14:39:25 [francois]
DKA: Welcome to the group, we'll appreciate your helping us out. Our biggest piece of work is MWABP right now, about "great" mobile web applications.
14:39:26 [Sangwhan_Moon]
(waves back)
14:39:35 [francois]
... Any expertise would be appreciated.
14:39:43 [Zakim]
-jeffs
14:40:35 [francois]
DKA: ok, let's drop the call for today. Feel free to join the editorial meeting tomorrow.
14:40:44 [Zakim]
-Francois
14:40:45 [Zakim]
-[CTIC]
14:40:45 [Zakim]
-achuter
14:40:46 [francois]
[call adjourned]
14:40:46 [Zakim]
-Sangwhan_Moon
14:40:50 [abel_]
abel_ has left #bpwg
14:40:52 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:40:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html francois
14:42:15 [Sangwhan_Moon]
Sangwhan_Moon has left #bpwg
14:42:29 [francois]
zakim, list attendees
14:42:30 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been DKA, Francois, +1.585.278.aaaa, jeffs, achuter, abel, miguel, Sangwhan_Moon
14:42:33 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:42:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html francois
14:42:58 [Zakim]
-DKA
14:43:00 [Zakim]
MWI_BPWG()10:00AM has ended
14:43:01 [Zakim]
Attendees were DKA, Francois, +1.585.278.aaaa, jeffs, achuter, abel, miguel, Sangwhan_Moon
14:43:41 [francois]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:43:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/25-bpwg-minutes.html francois
15:32:03 [francois]
RRSAgent, bye
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/25-bpwg-actions.rdf :
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dan to write to WebApps to see if we could hold a joint meeting during TPAC F2F [1]
15:32:03 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/25-bpwg-irc#T14-22-04
15:32:07 [francois]
Zakim, bye
15:32:07 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #bpwg