IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-09-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:54:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
11:54:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to
11:55:26 [raphael]
raphael has changed the topic to: W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2008-09-24
11:55:54 [Yves]
trackbot, start telcon
11:55:56 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:55:58 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be n/a
11:55:58 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
11:55:59 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
11:55:59 [trackbot]
Date: 24 September 2008
11:56:43 [raphael]
zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
11:56:43 [Zakim]
ok, raphael; I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
11:57:20 [raphael]
The scribe list is at:
11:57:30 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
11:57:32 [raphael]
We're going down the list ...
11:57:46 [raphael]
... Jack should be our next scribe, Yves on deck if Jack cannot make it
11:57:56 [raphael]
... is that ok?
11:58:07 [raphael]
Chair: Erik
11:58:31 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has now started
11:58:38 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aaaa
11:59:15 [Zakim]
+ +95168aabb
11:59:21 [Zakim]
- +95168aabb
12:00:06 [Zakim]
+ +95168aacc
12:00:37 [raphael]
zakim, aacc is raphael
12:00:38 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
12:00:50 [raphael]
zakim, aaaa is davy
12:00:50 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
12:01:12 [Zakim]
12:01:24 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, ??P4 is me
12:01:24 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas; got it
12:01:34 [Zakim]
+ +030210772aadd
12:01:35 [mhausenblas]
present+ mhausenblas
12:02:08 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
12:02:18 [Zakim]
12:02:30 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.801.2.aaee
12:02:48 [raphael]
zakim, aaee is nessy
12:02:48 [Zakim]
+nessy; got it
12:03:14 [raphael]
zakim, aadd is vassilis
12:03:15 [Zakim]
+vassilis; got it
12:03:38 [V]
V has joined #mediafrag
12:03:56 [raphael]
Chair: Erik
12:04:19 [Vassilis]
Vassilis has joined #mediafrag
12:04:38 [raphael]
Present+: erik, davy, raphael, mhausenblas, nessy, Yves, vassilis
12:05:06 [Yves]
Scribe: Yves
12:06:55 [Yves]
Topic: minutes approval
12:07:08 [mhausenblas]
12:07:11 [nessy]
12:07:13 [Yves]
Erik: comments? somebody objecting?
12:07:18 [raphael]
12:07:21 [davy]
12:07:32 [Yves]
=> minutes approved
12:07:50 [Yves]
Please present yourself in the Wiki.
12:11:39 [Yves]
next f2f: please register in
12:12:43 [Yves]
Silvia: I registered
12:12:58 [Yves]
Erik: will we be able to see the results from the questionnaire?
12:13:08 [Yves]
Yves: yes, there will be a consolidated page with the relevant information
12:13:20 [Yves]
Raphael: the questionnaire will be closed soon
12:14:03 [Yves]
end is 28 september
12:14:52 [Yves]
Erik: next in f2f in ghent. there was a questionnaire, and the result was to pick 9th and 10th
12:15:04 [erik]
12:15:05 [Yves]
Raphael: any objection with those dates?
12:15:05 [nessy]
12:15:08 [Vassilis]
12:15:09 [raphael]
12:15:09 [davy]
12:15:10 [mhausenblas]
12:16:16 [Yves]
=> resolution Ghent f2f will be 9th and 10th December
12:17:57 [Yves]
meeting will be announced well in advance (wrt 8 week limit, per W3C process)
12:19:00 [Yves]
Erik: there is a new Use Case page in the Wiki, with uses cases for video, audio and still images
12:20:55 [Yves]
12:21:42 [mhausenblas]
12:21:47 [nessy]
12:22:08 [raphael]
zakim, ack mhausenblas
12:22:08 [Zakim]
I see nessy on the speaker queue
12:22:43 [mhausenblas]
ack me
12:23:05 [Yves]
Raphael: if you need to create new pages in the wiki for the use cases, please do so (as soon as you link form the main page)
12:23:55 [mhausenblas]
ack nessy
12:24:30 [Yves]
Silvia: what is the aim to give people individual use cases? or should we discuss more genericly about UCs ?
12:25:21 [mhausenblas]
12:26:33 [Yves]
Raphael: next step would be to extract requirements for our WDs
12:27:04 [nessy]
ack me
12:27:09 [Yves]
Erik: it will help reconcile the UCs and the spec, showing we didn't miss any requirement during the process
12:28:06 [mhausenblas]
ack me
12:28:08 [Yves]
Michael, as long as you are responsible of a Use Case, you will be the advocate of the UC, not that you are the sole contributor on it
12:29:32 [Vassilis]
12:30:21 [mhausenblas]
ack Vassilis
12:30:59 [Yves]
Vassilis: it would be nice to have a template for use cases, to help editors starting
12:31:14 [raphael]
12:32:39 [Yves]
Silvia: there is one missing in the media delivery field, but the current number seems right
12:33:47 [Yves]
Raphael: UCs are not independants, we will go through the whole list of UCs, discuss them, group and filter them (in case of ducplicates, specialization of UCs, etc...)
12:35:41 [Yves]
Silvia: even search and serving with offset might be linked as well, so almost all UCs are linked to each other.
12:36:00 [Yves]
Erik: specialized UCs of the generic ones will help discussing technical issues
12:36:28 [mhausenblas]
Michael volunteers to take lead on
12:36:50 [raphael]
thanks Michael
12:37:19 [Yves] no volunteer
12:38:17 [Yves]
Raphael: what is the Photobook UC?
12:38:42 [Yves]
is the goal doing a composite image out of a collection of photo?
12:39:09 [Yves]
Silvia: it's about taking sections of images, and stitch them, for example
12:39:40 [Yves]
another one would be a slideshow
12:39:54 [Yves]
it would be good to have clarification of the intent in the text
12:40:10 [Yves]
Erik: thought more about video made out of photos
12:40:37 [Yves]
Silvia: so linked to the slideshow
12:41:10 [Yves]
Raphael: looks similar to what SMIL can do
12:41:52 [Yves]
Erik will be responsible for the Photobook UC
12:42:18 [Yves]
Silvia: SMIL can work on the slideshow part, but we still need to define fragments, right?
12:42:21 [Yves]
Raphael: yes
12:43:26 [Yves]
Raphael will take careof the Map Application UC
12:43:45 [Yves]
Yves: the Multi Resolution UC is in the same bucket, spo it make sense to work on both of them
12:43:50 [Yves]
Raphael: agreeed
12:44:21 [Yves]
Moving Point of Interest.
12:44:40 [Yves]
Raphael: it is something that may be in the charter but in the second part.
12:44:56 [Yves]
so it's OK to work on the UC, but it won't be worked on during the first phase
12:45:18 [Yves]
Silvia will take the Video/Browser UC
12:45:34 [Vassilis]
12:45:35 [Yves]
Erik: Next week, we will try to distribute the remaining UCs
12:47:16 [Yves]
We will need to look at the state of the art for every UCs
12:48:05 [Yves]
look at the different existing solutions, different syntax, put examples in the wiki etc...
12:48:17 [raphael]
zakim, ack vassilis
12:48:17 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
12:48:45 [mhausenblas]
12:49:03 [mhausenblas]
ack me
12:49:16 [mhausenblas]
12:50:17 [Yves]
Raphael: from recent email exchanges, we need to work on a Glossary
12:50:39 [Yves]
we need ot agree on the terminology we use
12:50:44 [Yves]
12:50:57 [Yves]
Topic: AOB
12:51:48 [Yves]
Raphael: we didn't give formal actions, but please edit your wiki apges, add your names to the UCs, and register to TPAC if not done !
12:52:42 [Yves]
12:52:46 [Zakim]
12:52:48 [Zakim]
12:52:48 [Zakim]
12:52:50 [Zakim]
12:52:51 [Zakim]
12:52:52 [Zakim]
12:52:52 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has ended
12:52:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0329331aaaa, +95168aabb, +95168aacc, raphael, davy, mhausenblas, +030210772aadd, Yves, +61.2.801.2.aaee, nessy, vassilis
12:53:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Yves
12:54:47 [raphael]
... add some topics :-)
12:55:19 [mhausenblas]
12:56:39 [Yves]
i/ there is a new Use Case page in the Wiki/Topic: Use Cases
12:56:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Yves
12:58:55 [Yves]
i/Please present yourself in the Wiki/Topic: Actions
12:58:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Yves
13:00:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Yves
13:01:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Yves
13:02:11 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items