IRC log of mediafrag on 2008-09-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:53:27 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
10:53:27 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-irc
10:53:35 [mhausenblas]
zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
10:53:35 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas; I see IA_MFWG()7:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
10:53:46 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
10:54:03 [mhausenblas]
Meeting: W3C Media Fragments Working Group telephone conference 2008-09-17
10:54:10 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2008Sep/0000.html
10:54:33 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Raphael
10:54:39 [mhausenblas]
ScribeNick: mhausenblas
10:54:45 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
10:54:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
10:54:54 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:56:39 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()7:00AM has now started
10:56:47 [Zakim]
+[CWI]
10:56:55 [raphael]
zakim, CWI is raphaem
10:56:55 [Zakim]
+raphaem; got it
10:57:04 [raphael]
zakim, raphaem is raphael
10:57:04 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
10:57:16 [Zakim]
+Michael_Hausenblas
10:57:56 [Yves]
trackbot, start telcon
10:57:58 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:57:59 [raphael]
raphael has changed the topic to: W3C Media Fragments Working Group, telephone conference 2008-09-17
10:58:00 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be n/a
10:58:00 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
10:58:01 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
10:58:01 [trackbot]
Date: 17 September 2008
10:59:51 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here
10:59:51 [Zakim]
mhausenblas, you need to end that query with '?'
10:59:55 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, who's here?
10:59:55 [Zakim]
I notice IA_MFWG()7:00AM has restarted
10:59:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, Michael_Hausenblas
10:59:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see erik, RRSAgent, Zakim, raphael, davy, mhausenblas, trackbot, Yves
11:01:01 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aaaa
11:01:01 [Zakim]
+Yves
11:01:23 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaas is erik
11:01:23 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I do not recognize a party named 'aaas'
11:01:28 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aaaa is erik
11:01:28 [Zakim]
+erik; got it
11:02:41 [nessy]
nessy has joined #mediafrag
11:04:07 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.801.2.aabb
11:04:40 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, aabb is nessy
11:04:40 [Zakim]
+nessy; got it
11:05:02 [nessy]
what do you mean?
11:05:36 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Jack
11:05:55 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Introduction
11:06:27 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Welcome. I and Erik will chair. Yves is the W3C team contact
11:06:46 [mhausenblas]
... we will introduce to goals and tools today
11:07:02 [mhausenblas]
... check out the WG page http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/
11:07:15 [mhausenblas]
... start introducing ourselves
11:07:41 [mhausenblas]
Slyvia: Based in Australia
11:08:00 [Yves]
s/Slyvia/Silvia/
11:08:07 [mhausenblas]
... developing hypervideo linking
11:08:26 [mhausenblas]
... some 15 years of experiences in the multimedia realm
11:08:50 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: And Silvia is one of the IETF frag draft
11:09:41 [mhausenblas]
Erik: From Belgium, lab does lot of video stuff, MPEG, etc.
11:10:15 [mhausenblas]
... metadata and feature extraction and adaptation
11:10:24 [mhausenblas]
... were members of MMSEM-XG
11:10:34 [mhausenblas]
... will co-chair with Raphael
11:11:17 [mhausenblas]
Davy: PhD at the multimedia lab (at Erik's lab)
11:11:37 [mhausenblas]
... about adapting; first time in W3C
11:11:58 [raphael]
Michael: working in JRS, Austria
11:12:08 [raphael]
... scalable multimedia app using SW technologies
11:12:30 [raphael]
... past member of Multimedia Semantics XG, Linked Data group
11:12:36 [raphael]
... did RDFa too
11:13:05 [mhausenblas]
Yves: the protocol guy
11:13:13 [mhausenblas]
... working on HTTP 1.1 updates
11:13:54 [mhausenblas]
... did annotating in RDF a long time ago ;)
11:14:13 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Post-doc at CWI
11:14:35 [mhausenblas]
... co-chair of MMSEM-XG and SWBPD-WD TF
11:14:48 [erik]
q+
11:15:02 [mhausenblas]
... contributed to IPTC, MPEG and related multimedia metadata stuff
11:15:43 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Missing important invited experts?
11:16:02 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: We will discuss this, yes
11:16:21 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/groups.html#good-standing Good Standing participation
11:16:39 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: please send regrets if you can't join
11:16:47 [mhausenblas]
... we will be strict with that
11:16:49 [Yves]
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/ is a good reading, especially for document transitions requirements
11:17:05 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/01/media-fragments-wg.html Charter
11:17:27 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Silvia is one invited expert
11:17:40 [mhausenblas]
... Wolfgang Jochum (Austria) can join
11:17:57 [erik]
q+
11:18:26 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Overlap with Media Annotation WG?
11:18:44 [mhausenblas]
... should be join in both directions
11:19:15 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:19:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
11:19:20 [nessy]
q+
11:19:50 [mhausenblas]
... yes, increase industrial part
11:21:06 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: I know someone at Youtube
11:21:25 [mhausenblas]
... I'll contact the person
11:22:32 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Yves to contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG till next week
11:22:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1 - Contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG till next week [on Yves Lafon - due 2008-09-24].
11:22:50 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:22:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
11:23:20 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Seven or more participants are expected
11:23:30 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Future Meetings
11:23:43 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Weekly telecon
11:24:14 [mhausenblas]
... 11:00UTC fine?
11:24:56 [mhausenblas]
propose 12:00UTC on Wednsday
11:24:57 [mhausenblas]
+1
11:24:57 [erik]
+1
11:25:00 [davy]
+1
11:25:03 [nessy]
+1
11:25:05 [Yves]
=> 8AM boston time
11:25:33 [mhausenblas]
RESOLVED Weekly MediaFrag Telecon will be on Wednsday at 12:00UTC
11:25:49 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: F2F
11:25:49 [erik]
q+
11:26:00 [mhausenblas]
... first F2F during TPAC
11:26:23 [mhausenblas]
... please register ASAP for TPAC
11:26:28 [mhausenblas]
... who will attend
11:26:28 [erik]
+1
11:26:37 [davy]
I will
11:26:38 [nessy]
uncertain
11:26:45 [mhausenblas]
Michael: online IRC and phone
11:27:08 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: I'll be there
11:27:11 [nessy]
will know before 20th
11:27:31 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Second F2F
11:28:24 [raphael]
s/Wednsday/Wednesday
11:28:31 [mhausenblas]
... can provide rooms at our place 8 Dec
11:29:25 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Yves to set up a questionary for seond MediaFrag F2F in Gent (8. and 9. Dec)
11:29:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2 - Set up a questionary for seond MediaFrag F2F in Gent (8. and 9. Dec) [on Yves Lafon - due 2008-09-24].
11:29:40 [mhausenblas]
s/seond/second
11:30:00 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: quck poll - any problems?
11:30:06 [erik]
+1
11:30:09 [mhausenblas]
Michael ok
11:30:12 [davy]
ok
11:30:44 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: the third F2F likely in Korea
11:30:55 [erik]
q+
11:31:19 [mhausenblas]
Yves prefers Tuesday to Wednesday
11:31:44 [mhausenblas]
Erik: Currently rooms are reserved for Mo/Tue
11:31:51 [mhausenblas]
... I'll take care of this
11:32:01 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Working Group Tools
11:32:30 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: number of tools to support the telecons on IRC/phone
11:32:56 [mhausenblas]
... have a look at the bot descriptions and instructions to support scribing
11:33:43 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: srcibe will rotate, starting with more experienced ones
11:33:58 [mhausenblas]
... further there is the issue and action tracker
11:34:09 [mhausenblas]
... and the WG Wiki
11:34:26 [mhausenblas]
... you need to create Wiki accounts yourself
11:34:39 [mhausenblas]
... chairs will assign access right based on that
11:35:19 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: I'll initially fill in some pieces in the Wiki
11:35:25 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Goals & Objectives
11:35:47 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Overall goal is the specification and deployment of temporal and simple spatial media fragment URIs.
11:36:13 [mhausenblas]
... we have committed to deliver some documents
11:36:25 [mhausenblas]
... first will be a use case and req
11:36:39 [mhausenblas]
... second one will be the actual spec (REC)
11:36:52 [mhausenblas]
... tough scheduling
11:37:24 [mhausenblas]
... we will go Rec-Track (from WD over Last Call to CR and PR to REC)
11:37:46 [mhausenblas]
... have a look at the relevant background resources
11:38:07 [mhausenblas]
... our immediate first goal is to get a first draft of the UC document
11:39:14 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: All to write up use cases by editing the Wiki and report it to the list
11:39:14 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - All
11:39:51 [nessy]
q+
11:40:09 [mhausenblas]
Michael: How to deal with the requirements?
11:40:32 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Interdependent issues (UC and requirements)
11:41:04 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: Question re scheduling
11:41:12 [mhausenblas]
... I thought Novemeber?
11:41:49 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Sure we try to stick with the schedule, so, yes the main reason is the F2F
11:42:25 [erik]
no q's at the moment
11:42:45 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: To sum up, edit Wiki (account, profile and UC)
11:44:00 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: What we don't want to do is to specify a way to address spatio-temporal region in XML, etc (like in SMIL, MPEG-7, etc.) BUT in the URI
11:44:29 [mhausenblas]
... but provide transformation rules to convert from to URI format
11:44:33 [mhausenblas]
Topic: AOB
11:44:47 [nessy]
q+
11:45:16 [mhausenblas]
Silvia: Re industry participation in this WG
11:45:30 [mhausenblas]
... have we talked to MS, Real Networks, Adobe, etc?
11:46:31 [mhausenblas]
Yves: We do have contacts (via Philippe - MS)
11:46:44 [mhausenblas]
... we will work on this
11:46:55 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
11:46:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
11:47:39 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: Companies such as Apple and Adobe have shown interest, however
11:48:12 [mhausenblas]
... TPAC will be a great chance to talk to people F2F
11:48:45 [mhausenblas]
Raphael: thanks all, next week 12:00CET
11:48:54 [mhausenblas]
... minutes will be sent out for review
11:49:03 [mhausenblas]
... hear you next week
11:49:09 [Zakim]
-Yves
11:49:10 [Zakim]
-Michael_Hausenblas
11:49:11 [Zakim]
-nessy
11:49:12 [Zakim]
-erik
11:49:12 [Zakim]
-raphael
11:49:13 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
11:49:13 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()7:00AM has ended
11:49:15 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, Michael_Hausenblas, +0329331aaaa, Yves, erik, +61.2.801.2.aabb, nessy
11:49:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
11:49:21 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list attendees
11:49:21 [Zakim]
sorry, mhausenblas, I don't know what conference this is
11:49:39 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, bye
11:49:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
11:49:55 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, bye
11:49:55 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
11:49:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to contact Google AC Rep re member of MediaFrag WG till next week [1]
11:49:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-irc#T11-22-32
11:49:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to set up a questionary for seond MediaFrag F2F in Gent (8. and 9. Dec) [2]
11:49:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-irc#T11-29-25
11:49:55 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: All to write up use cases by editing the Wiki and report it to the list [3]
11:49:55 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-mediafrag-irc#T11-39-14