IRC log of er on 2008-09-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:27:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:27:40 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc
12:27:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:27:52 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
12:27:52 [Zakim]
ok, shadi, I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM already started
12:28:00 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
12:28:31 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2008Sep/0023.html
12:28:38 [shadi]
agenda+ Announcements
12:28:50 [shadi]
agenda+ Comments on HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF
12:29:24 [shadi]
agenda+ Pointer Rules and Conventions
12:29:47 [shadi]
agenda+ Response on POWDER drafts
12:30:21 [shadi]
agenda+ Agenda Items for Upcoming Meetings
12:30:27 [shadi]
agenda+ Next Meeting
12:30:32 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
12:30:47 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:30:47 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
12:30:50 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
12:31:09 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
12:31:09 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:31:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MikeS, CarlosV
12:31:14 [Zakim]
+??P1
12:31:21 [shadi]
zakim, ? is me
12:31:21 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
12:31:31 [JohannesK]
zakim, carlosV is really JohannesK
12:31:31 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
12:32:48 [Zakim]
+ +98439aaaa
12:33:01 [shadi]
zakim, aaaa is really CarlosI
12:33:01 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
12:33:12 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
12:33:15 [shadi]
agenda?
12:34:00 [carlosI]
SAZ: any other thing to discuss?
12:34:05 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:34:05 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements" taken up [from shadi]
12:34:25 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
12:34:39 [carlosI]
SAZ: Mike will co-chair the group
12:35:57 [carlosI]
SAZ: will be announced soon
12:36:34 [MikeS]
zakim, who is on the call?
12:36:34 [Zakim]
On the phone I see MikeS, JohannesK, shadi, CarlosI
12:36:49 [velasco]
velasco has joined #er
12:37:18 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
12:37:37 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:37:37 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Comments on HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF" taken up [from shadi]
12:37:39 [Zakim]
+JohannesK.a
12:38:01 [MikeS]
zakim, mute me
12:38:01 [Zakim]
MikeS should now be muted
12:38:20 [velasco]
zakim, ´╗┐JohannesK.a is really CarlosV
12:38:20 [Zakim]
sorry, velasco, I do not recognize a party named '´╗┐JohannesK.a'
12:39:17 [MikeS]
zakim, mute me
12:39:17 [Zakim]
MikeS was already muted, MikeS
12:40:21 [MikeS]
MikeS has left #er
12:40:43 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
12:40:52 [carlosI]
SAZ: couple of comments on HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF
12:41:09 [velasco]
velasco has left #er
12:41:11 [velasco]
velasco has joined #er
12:41:22 [carlosI]
SAZ: JK do you like to discuss any issue?
12:41:55 [velasco]
zakim, johannesk.a is really CarlosV
12:41:55 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
12:41:57 [carlosI]
JK: wording problems in the comments
12:42:55 [carlosI]
JK: SAZ mentioned he will show comments to some semantic web group
12:43:11 [carlosI]
SAZ: will try to get somebody for a teleconference
12:43:26 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
12:43:28 [carlosI]
SAZ: also try to invite them to the F2F
12:44:07 [carlosI]
SAZ: if you have specific questions, please let me know
12:44:44 [carlosI]
JK: for example the "represent" wording about RDF classes
12:45:10 [carlosI]
CV: don't get that comment either
12:45:30 [carlosI]
SAZ: try that somebody help us on this, personally or by phone
12:45:46 [Zakim]
-shadi
12:46:25 [Zakim]
+??P1
12:46:31 [shadi]
zakim, ? is me
12:46:31 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
12:46:56 [carlosI]
JK: the comment about the literal value in the connectionAuthority example doesn't make sense
12:47:04 [carlosI]
JK: it is a literal
12:47:35 [carlosI]
JK: the same with the 2.3.1 comment
12:47:44 [shadi]
action: try to recruit someone from SemWeb to help us understand some of the comments and issues
12:47:44 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - try
12:48:03 [shadi]
action: shadi try to recruit someone from SemWeb to help us understand some of the comments and issues
12:48:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-7 - Try to recruit someone from SemWeb to help us understand some of the comments and issues [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-09-24].
12:51:16 [carlosI]
SAZ: the same comments apply also to several other documents
12:51:47 [carlosI]
CV: are the namespaces published?
12:51:57 [carlosI]
CV: at least Content is not
12:52:03 [carlosI]
SAZ: should be
12:52:08 [carlosI]
SAZ: will check
12:52:53 [carlosI]
SAZ: it is #2008
12:53:29 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
12:53:53 [shadi]
- <http://www.w3.org/2006/http.rdfs>
12:53:53 [shadi]
# updated by <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/http.rdfs>
12:53:53 [shadi]
- <http://www.w3.org/2006/http-header.rdfs>
12:53:53 [shadi]
# updated by <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/http-header.rdfs>
12:53:53 [shadi]
- <http://www.w3.org/2008/http-headers.rdf>
12:53:54 [shadi]
# created by <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/http-headers.rdf>
12:53:56 [shadi]
- <http://www.w3.org/2008/http-methods.rdf>
12:53:58 [shadi]
# created by <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/http-methods.rdf>
12:54:00 [shadi]
- <http://www.w3.org/2008/http-statusCodes.rdf>
12:54:02 [shadi]
# created by <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/http-statusCodes.rdf>
12:54:04 [shadi]
- <http://www.w3.org/2008/content.rdfs>
12:54:06 [shadi]
# created by <http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/Content/content.rdfs>
12:54:11 [carlosI]
CV: in the document is 2007, but it is published as 2008
12:54:21 [carlosI]
JK: will need to update the document
12:56:08 [shadi]
action: johannesk update HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF documents
12:56:08 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - johannesk
12:56:31 [shadi]
action: shadi check possibilities for revising HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF documents
12:56:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-8 - Check possibilities for revising HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF documents [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-09-24].
12:56:50 [shadi]
action: jkoch update HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF documents
12:56:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-9 - Update HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF documents [on Johannes Koch - due 2008-09-24].
12:59:41 [shadi]
action: shadi update FOAF namespace in the EARL 1.0 Schema to the latest version
12:59:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-10 - Update FOAF namespace in the EARL 1.0 Schema to the latest version [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-09-24].
13:00:00 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:00:00 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Pointer Rules and Conventions" taken up [from shadi]
13:00:31 [carlosI]
JK: issues of Contents still pending of discussion
13:01:11 [carlosI]
JK: don't understand question 1
13:01:44 [carlosI]
SAZ: could response with thanks and asking for a proposal
13:02:05 [carlosI]
CV: maybe GRDDL as an alternative to the Content class
13:02:18 [carlosI]
SAZ: feel free to ask for more information
13:02:50 [carlosI]
JK: about q2, we use always RDF/XML
13:03:32 [carlosI]
SAZ: we had N3 representation of EARL schema but decided not to do it any more
13:03:48 [carlosI]
CV: don't think N3 is more human readable
13:04:14 [carlosI]
SAZ: depending of the kind of human, RDF humans or the rest of humans :)
13:04:46 [carlosI]
SAZ: should continue with RDF/XML as our primary format
13:05:09 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
13:05:22 [carlosI]
CV: the comment is about examples not the schema
13:05:44 [carlosI]
SAZ: could provide also other formats like N3
13:06:07 [carlosI]
SAZ: it is somehting we can address at the end
13:06:19 [carlosI]
SAZ: let put it in the wish list for now
13:07:39 [carlosI]
JK: about q5 I think it is mentioned in one of the use cases
13:08:22 [carlosI]
CV: why jump over q3 and q4?
13:08:48 [carlosI]
JK: they are disjoint indeed
13:09:30 [carlosI]
SAZ: think disjoint in RDF has an special meaning
13:09:48 [carlosI]
SAZ: both questions are the opposite
13:10:03 [carlosI]
JK: then the first answer is NO and the second is YES
13:10:38 [carlosI]
SAZ: I think this is a tricky RDF question and can pospone it until we talk with the RDF guys
13:11:29 [carlosI]
SAZ: seems that the allowable meaning is also special for RDF people
13:12:23 [carlosI]
JK: q4 could be explained further in the document
13:15:12 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
13:15:57 [shadi]
------
13:16:01 [shadi]
scribe: JohannesK
13:16:27 [JohannesK]
SAZ: Pointer conventions
13:18:07 [JohannesK]
CI: two approaches: 1. more human-friendly approach (which element, 1st character); 2. more parser-friendly (e.g. when parsing of an element is finished)
13:18:51 [JohannesK]
CI: several parsers/tools use a certain way of pointing
13:20:15 [JohannesK]
SAZ: this is focussed on line/char pointer
13:21:09 [JohannesK]
SAZ: XPath pointer should point to most specific element
13:26:11 [shadi]
JK: why do we need these convetions?
13:26:42 [shadi]
CI: readable way to interpret pointers
13:27:46 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
13:27:55 [shadi]
CV: can discuss this for long
13:28:14 [shadi]
...shouldn't we make a table to say what most parsers do?
13:28:29 [shadi]
CI: we have a specific use case
13:28:46 [shadi]
...for the task force, to point to the same place
13:29:10 [velasco]
velasco has joined #er
13:30:29 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
13:33:27 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
13:33:27 [velasco]
I need to go: bye
13:33:34 [velasco]
velasco has left #er
13:34:22 [carlosI]
ACTION: ciglesia to provide examples for other kind of pointers
13:34:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-11 - Provide examples for other kind of pointers [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2008-09-24].
13:34:40 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:34:40 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Response on POWDER drafts" taken up [from shadi]
13:35:52 [carlosI]
ACTION: everybody to look at real world examples of pointers usage (parsers and other software)
13:35:52 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - everybody
13:36:03 [shadi]
action: Shadi send POWDER comments 1 hour after the call, unless hear otherwise
13:36:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-12 - Send POWDER comments 1 hour after the call, unless hear otherwise [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-09-24].
13:36:05 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:36:05 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Agenda Items for Upcoming Meetings" taken up [from shadi]
13:37:11 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:37:11 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Next Meeting" taken up [from shadi]
13:37:34 [shadi]
Next Meeting: October 1
13:37:40 [Zakim]
-JohannesK
13:37:41 [Zakim]
-shadi
13:37:44 [Zakim]
-MikeS
13:37:48 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
13:37:50 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:37:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were MikeS, shadi, JohannesK, +98439aaaa, CarlosI, CarlosV
13:39:20 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:39:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
13:39:33 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:39:37 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:39:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-minutes.html shadi
13:39:39 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:39:44 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-actions.rdf :
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: try to recruit someone from SemWeb to help us understand some of the comments and issues [1]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T12-47-44
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi try to recruit someone from SemWeb to help us understand some of the comments and issues [2]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T12-48-03
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: johannesk update HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF documents [3]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T12-56-08
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi check possibilities for revising HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF documents [4]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T12-56-31
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: jkoch update HTTP-in-RDF and Content-in-RDF documents [5]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T12-56-50
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: shadi update FOAF namespace in the EARL 1.0 Schema to the latest version [6]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T12-59-41
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: ciglesia to provide examples for other kind of pointers [7]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T13-34-22
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: everybody to look at real world examples of pointers usage (parsers and other software) [8]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T13-35-52
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi send POWDER comments 1 hour after the call, unless hear otherwise [9]
13:39:44 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/17-er-irc#T13-36-03