IRC log of soap-jms on 2008-09-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:50:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:50:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-soap-jms-irc
15:50:22 [rmerric]
rmerric has changed the topic to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Sep/0015.html
15:50:31 [rmerric]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Sep/0015.html
15:50:56 [rmerric]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:51:26 [Roland]
Roland has joined #soap-jms
15:51:46 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
15:54:04 [Yves]
trackbot, start telcon
15:54:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:54:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:54:08 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
15:54:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:54:09 [trackbot]
Date: 16 September 2008
15:56:16 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:56:23 [Zakim]
+Roland
15:56:34 [Roland]
rrsagent make minutes
15:56:46 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
15:56:53 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:56:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
15:57:27 [Roland]
rrsagent, make log public
15:57:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.918.aaaa
15:58:12 [Phil]
Zakim, aaaa is Phil
15:58:12 [Zakim]
+Phil; got it
15:59:02 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
15:59:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.956.aabb
16:00:23 [Roland]
Zakim, aabb is bhakti
16:00:23 [Zakim]
+bhakti; got it
16:01:38 [bhaktimehta]
bhaktimehta has joined #soap-jms
16:02:10 [Zakim]
+Peter_Easton
16:02:25 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:02:25 [drokicki]
drokicki has joined #soap-jms
16:03:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aacc
16:03:11 [Zakim]
+Yves
16:03:30 [markphillips]
markphillips has joined #soap-jms
16:03:37 [Zakim]
+Eric_Johnson
16:04:08 [Roland]
Regrets: Amy
16:04:57 [eric]
scribe: eric
16:05:08 [eric]
topic: outstanding actions
16:05:12 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aadd
16:05:21 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/open
16:08:35 [eric]
Going through, actions 4 - 17 done
16:09:39 [eric]
Also looks like 21, 24 also done
16:10:05 [eric]
Roland says he've completed 28
16:10:13 [eric]
action 28 resolved
16:10:13 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 28
16:10:23 [eric]
action-28 resolved
16:11:18 [eric]
topic: action 23 - reviewing XML Schema specification
16:11:55 [eric]
Mark has gone through the draft of XML Schema, reports that there are no changes to the basic types...
16:12:20 [eric]
two questions: is that enough to complete this action, and do we want to update our schema namespace?
16:12:46 [eric]
roland: If there are no changes, not much reason to update.
16:13:06 [eric]
markphillips: Can roland send along the original email so that Mark can respond appropriately.
16:13:21 [eric]
action: markphillips to send a response.
16:13:21 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - markphillips
16:14:32 [eric]
Roland: let's leave the schema namespace as it is.
16:14:45 [markphillips]
zakim +0196270aadd is markphillips
16:15:01 [eric]
closed action-23
16:15:19 [eric]
close action-23
16:15:19 [trackbot]
ACTION-23 Review the relevant parts of the XML Schema draft on behalf of SOAP/JMS WG closed
16:16:07 [markphillips]
Zakim, 0196270aadd is markphillips
16:16:07 [Zakim]
sorry, markphillips, I do not recognize a party named '0196270aadd'
16:16:43 [eric]
Roland: remaining items - text message...
16:16:50 [eric]
... also changes to the URI scheme.
16:17:33 [Roland]
Topic: additional properties
16:18:19 [Roland]
additional variants : queue and topic
16:19:17 [Roland]
Zakim, aadd is markphillips
16:19:17 [Zakim]
+markphillips; got it
16:22:37 [eric]
jms:queue:<some queue name>
16:22:38 [eric]
or
16:22:47 [eric]
jms:topic:<some topic name>
16:22:56 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
16:30:03 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.742.aaee
16:30:47 [Zakim]
-bhakti
16:33:20 [eric]
Roland: what is it you would propose to do to the spec to support TextMessage. What is the impact on the spec.
16:35:36 [eric]
Phil: looking to put together a proposal that states that TextMessages must be used in certain circumstances
16:35:58 [eric]
... if customer specifically requests a text message, then text message it must be, or a failure.
16:36:15 [eric]
Roland: Personal inclination to have MUSTs, rather than shoulds.
16:36:44 [eric]
action: Eric to write up a proposal for what to do with jms URI queue and topic proposal.
16:36:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-33 - Write up a proposal for what to do with jms URI queue and topic proposal. [on Eric Johnson - due 2008-09-23].
16:37:13 [eric]
action: phil to write up specific proposal on how to support TextMessage.
16:37:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-34 - Write up specific proposal on how to support TextMessage. [on Phil Adams - due 2008-09-23].
16:37:23 [Phil]
ty Eric :)
16:37:43 [Roland]
Topic: wiki
16:37:45 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/wiki/Main_Page
16:38:58 [eric]
If you want access, create your account on the wiki, then send an email to Yves with your account information.
16:39:19 [eric]
Yves requests that you match your W3C ID.
16:39:54 [eric]
Roland: If you're fed up with many IDs, you can of course use openid.
16:40:07 [eric]
... each wiki at W3C is separate and independent.
16:40:44 [eric]
... good place to store FAQs.
16:40:57 [Phil]
Yves, I created an id for the wiki... "padams2"
16:41:35 [eric]
eric: What is the status of the legal release from Oracle with respect to the previous FAQ work?
16:41:48 [eric]
roland: still working on it.
16:42:10 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
16:43:14 [Phil]
ty
16:44:08 [eric]
Derek: one clarification - will have action 29 ready for next week, and that might affect the spec.
16:44:29 [Zakim]
-Eric_Johnson
16:44:38 [eric]
oops lost phone - calling back.
16:44:47 [Zakim]
+Eric_Johnson
16:45:02 [eric]
Zakim, Eric_Johnson is eric
16:45:02 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
16:45:38 [eric]
roland: let us identify all possible impacts to the spec by next week.
16:45:42 [Zakim]
- +1.708.246.aacc
16:45:45 [Zakim]
-eric
16:45:46 [Zakim]
-Phil
16:45:46 [Zakim]
-Yves
16:45:48 [Zakim]
-Peter_Easton
16:45:49 [Zakim]
-markphillips
16:46:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-soap-jms-minutes.html Yves
16:46:09 [Zakim]
-Roland
16:46:31 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:46:33 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roland, +1.512.918.aaaa, Phil, +1.408.956.aabb, bhakti, Peter_Easton, +1.708.246.aacc, Yves, +0196270aadd, markphillips, +1.919.742.aaee, alewis, eric
16:46:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/16-soap-jms-minutes.html Yves
16:46:58 [eric]
exit
16:47:09 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms