IRC log of egov on 2008-09-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:56:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
12:56:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/09/03-egov-irc
12:56:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:56:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #egov
12:56:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV
12:56:29 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_EGOV()9:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
12:56:30 [trackbot]
Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
12:56:30 [trackbot]
Date: 03 September 2008
12:56:51 [josema]
agenda+ Convene, agenda adjustments
12:57:01 [josema]
agenda+ Introductions - new people onboard
12:57:14 [josema]
agenda+ Review of open action items
12:57:26 [josema]
agenda+ Face to Face Meeting
12:57:42 [josema]
agenda+ Compilation of Use Cases + Group Outline
12:57:44 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV()9:00AM has now started
12:57:51 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
12:58:01 [josema]
agenda+ Group Activity Plan
12:58:15 [josema]
agenda+ Liaisons: review
12:58:21 [josema]
agenda?
12:58:36 [Zakim]
+Josema
12:59:48 [Zakim]
+??P9
13:00:13 [Zakim]
-??P9
13:00:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.455.aaaa
13:01:00 [Zakim]
+??P9
13:01:19 [Zakim]
+ +39.25.aabb
13:01:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.731.aacc
13:01:42 [Beng]
zakim +39.25.aabb is Beng
13:01:59 [Zakim]
- +1.301.455.aaaa
13:02:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.509.464.aadd
13:02:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.256.aaee
13:02:34 [kjetil]
Zakim, code?
13:02:34 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3468 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), kjetil
13:03:09 [josema]
zakim, aabb is Benjamin
13:03:10 [Zakim]
+Benjamin; got it
13:03:31 [josema]
zakim, aacc is kevin
13:03:31 [Zakim]
+kevin; got it
13:03:40 [Zakim]
+ +1.301.384.aaff
13:04:02 [josema]
zakim, aaff is Owen
13:04:02 [Zakim]
+Owen; got it
13:04:44 [josema]
zakim, who's here?
13:04:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos-Shea, Josema, ??P9, Benjamin, kevin, +1.509.464.aadd, +1.202.256.aaee, Owen
13:04:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Beng, pasquale, darobin, josema, kjetil, trackbot
13:05:07 [josema]
kjetil, are you around?
13:05:15 [josema]
you are supposed to scribe today
13:05:23 [kjetil]
josema, yeah, but phone problems
13:05:54 [josema]
scribe: josema
13:06:04 [josema]
zakim, take up agendum 1
13:06:04 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene, agenda adjustments" taken up [from josema]
13:06:33 [josema]
kevin: welcome everybody, thanks for coming
13:07:51 [Zakim]
+??P18
13:07:58 [kjetil]
Zakim, ??P18
13:07:58 [Zakim]
I don't understand '??P18', kjetil
13:08:02 [kjetil]
Zakim, ??P18 is me
13:08:02 [Zakim]
+kjetil; got it
13:08:27 [josema]
scribe: kjetil
13:08:29 [kjetil]
Zakim, mute me
13:08:29 [Zakim]
kjetil should now be muted
13:08:53 [Beng]
Zakim, Benjamin is Beng
13:08:53 [Zakim]
+Beng; got it
13:10:28 [josema]
[introducing new Members]
13:10:55 [josema]
[Tanya, John not here, jose and Kevin give short intro]
13:11:33 [kjetil]
John runs the openhouse project
13:11:43 [josema]
[Ari mentions Openhouse project by Sunlight]
13:13:04 [josema]
[Trond introduces himself]
13:13:05 [kjetil]
Representative from Oracle
13:13:29 [kjetil]
has previously worked for the European Commission
13:13:43 [kjetil]
josema: Martijn is not around either
13:15:35 [kjetil]
josema: I got regrets from a few people, but not all, so it is difficult to know who is on the call
13:15:51 [kjetil]
josema: please send us your regrets to the mailing list, or the chairs
13:16:52 [kjetil]
josema: we have to pre-book ports on the conference system, so please let us know a little in advance
13:17:18 [josema]
zakim, move to next agendum
13:17:18 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Introductions - new people onboard" taken up [from josema]
13:17:22 [josema]
zakim, move to next agendum
13:17:22 [Zakim]
agendum 2 was just opened, josema
13:17:29 [josema]
zakim, close this agendum
13:17:29 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
13:17:30 [Zakim]
I see 5 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:17:31 [Zakim]
3. Review of open action items [from josema]
13:17:32 [josema]
zakim, move to next agendum
13:17:32 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Review of open action items" taken up [from josema]
13:17:40 [josema]
http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/track/actions/open
13:18:26 [kjetil]
josema: mentions some long acronyms we should be in touch with
13:18:47 [kjetil]
josema: we are charted to find ways to cooperate
13:19:28 [kjetil]
Zakim: who is talking?
13:19:35 [josema]
s/charted/chartered
13:19:44 [chris]
chris has joined #egov
13:19:59 [kjetil]
right
13:20:22 [josema]
[reviewing liaisons here]
13:20:41 [kjetil]
Kevin is reporting on ongoing efforts to establish collaborations
13:20:52 [josema]
[potential joint event with OASIS in March in DC]
13:21:11 [josema]
[The World Bank could provide room and some logistics]
13:21:13 [Zakim]
+??P19
13:21:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.488.aagg
13:21:42 [josema]
[late March]
13:22:00 [josema]
zakim, whos's noisy
13:22:00 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'whos's noisy', josema
13:22:04 [josema]
zakim, who's noisy
13:22:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's noisy', josema
13:22:08 [josema]
zakim, who's noisy?
13:22:09 [kjetil]
Zakim, who is talking?
13:22:18 [Zakim]
josema, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Josema (24%), kevin (91%), ??P19 (20%)
13:22:26 [josema]
zakim, mute me
13:22:26 [Zakim]
Josema should now be muted
13:22:29 [Zakim]
kjetil, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Josema (14%), kevin (50%), ??P19 (35%), +1.202.488.aagg (5%)
13:23:14 [josema]
[talked about funding, they are putting together an internal proposal??]
13:23:26 [josema]
[talked about open standards and the use in their projects]
13:23:45 [josema]
zakim, who's noisy?
13:23:55 [Zakim]
josema, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: kevin (90%), ??P19 (54%)
13:24:04 [josema]
zakim, who is ??P19
13:24:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is ??P19', josema
13:24:09 [chris]
i'm on
13:24:17 [josema]
zakim, mute ??P19
13:24:17 [Zakim]
??P19 should now be muted
13:24:28 [kjetil]
Zakim, ??P19 is chris
13:24:28 [Zakim]
+chris; got it
13:24:33 [kjetil]
right?
13:24:41 [josema]
hope so
13:24:46 [chris]
not sure
13:24:59 [josema]
maybe aagg
13:25:13 [josema]
chris, is your number +1.202.488--something
13:25:16 [josema]
?
13:25:32 [chris]
yes, that's me. i'm on mute
13:25:35 [kjetil]
Kevin will be speaking with government official in late sept
13:25:35 [josema]
[kevin to speak at FIRM event on September, 24th]
13:25:57 [josema]
zakim, aagg is chris
13:25:57 [Zakim]
+chris; got it
13:26:41 [josema]
ack me
13:27:33 [kjetil]
Zakim, unmute ??P19
13:27:33 [Zakim]
sorry, kjetil, I do not know which phone connection belongs to ??P19
13:28:29 [kjetil]
josema: let us look at wikis for the TF's, lets also hear their leaders
13:29:10 [kjetil]
Kevin: before we do that, let us go back to the workshop in spring
13:29:24 [kjetil]
Kevin: what should that look like?
13:29:37 [josema]
agenda?
13:30:14 [josema]
agenda?
13:30:28 [josema]
zakim, close agendum 3
13:30:28 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Review of open action items, closed
13:30:29 [Zakim]
I see 4 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:30:30 [Zakim]
4. Face to Face Meeting [from josema]
13:30:39 [kjetil]
kevin: we are allready two weeks into the time span for this group, and we need to speed up now
13:30:57 [josema]
s/allready/already
13:31:12 [josema]
->http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/GroupOutline Group Outline
13:31:30 [josema]
->http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/ActivityPlan Activity Plan
13:32:46 [josema]
[kevin reviews plan]
13:33:44 [josema]
zakim, who is here?
13:33:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Katie_Haritos-Shea, Josema, ??P9, Beng, kevin, +1.509.464.aadd, +1.202.256.aaee, Owen, kjetil (muted), chris (muted), chris.a
13:33:46 [Zakim]
On IRC I see chris, Zakim, RRSAgent, Beng, pasquale, darobin, josema, kjetil, trackbot
13:33:58 [josema]
zakim, aadd is Rachel
13:33:58 [Zakim]
+Rachel; got it
13:34:23 [ari]
ari has joined #egov
13:35:05 [Zakim]
- +1.202.256.aaee
13:35:06 [Zakim]
+CDT
13:35:17 [josema]
zakim, CDT is Ari
13:35:17 [Zakim]
+Ari; got it
13:35:42 [josema]
yes, we need feedback!!
13:36:09 [josema]
we need the expertise from the Group
13:37:42 [kjetil]
chris: I would like to review the group activity and align that with the actions for the task force
13:38:15 [kjetil]
josema: these plans are not fixed, they are food for thought
13:39:01 [kjetil]
josema: we are trying to find out what the eGov Activity should be, not just for the present IG
13:39:20 [kjetil]
josema: there are lots of questions about what we should do
13:40:01 [kjetil]
Zakim, who is noisy?
13:40:11 [Zakim]
kjetil, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Katie_Haritos-Shea (25%), Josema (4%)
13:41:07 [kjetil]
Zakim, who is noisy?
13:41:17 [Zakim]
-kevin
13:41:18 [josema]
[kevin leaves call]
13:41:18 [Zakim]
kjetil, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Katie_Haritos-Shea (45%), Josema (30%), kevin (19%)
13:41:31 [josema]
zakim, mute Katie
13:41:31 [Zakim]
Katie_Haritos-Shea should now be muted
13:42:25 [kjetil]
josema: there is an article in ?? from some guys at Princeton about open government
13:42:48 [kjetil]
josema: it got a lot of attention, in blogs and so on
13:43:08 [kjetil]
josema: the govt should stop publishing websites and focus on publishing data
13:43:25 [kjetil]
josema: to use by persons and organisations
13:43:28 [Zakim]
-Beng
13:44:08 [kjetil]
josema: we will send the reference, when I have it handy
13:44:20 [kjetil]
josema: if anybody has it handy, please send it to the group list?
13:44:46 [josema]
agenda?
13:44:48 [kjetil]
josema: I will try to find it
13:44:57 [Zakim]
+Beng
13:45:52 [kjetil]
josema: task force chairs: what do you expect from your task force?
13:46:34 [kjetil]
Zakim, who is talking?
13:46:45 [Zakim]
kjetil, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Josema (4%), chris.a (76%)
13:47:43 [kjetil]
chris.a: I have heard from some individuals about interest in the TF
13:48:46 [kjetil]
... I will be updating the use case documents
13:50:01 [kjetil]
josema: I have been reviewing guidelines from several countries
13:50:23 [kjetil]
josema: some countries say "follow these specs, this performance level" and so on
13:50:28 [pasquale]
sorry, I am not able to continue, hi all
13:50:38 [kjetil]
josema: several countries have been working on this
13:51:06 [kjetil]
josema: would it be interesting to compile "the best of the best"?
13:51:23 [kjetil]
chris.a: Yeah, I think that would be very interesting
13:51:32 [josema]
zakim, is rachel here?
13:51:32 [Zakim]
probably, josema; Rachel arrived 49 minutes ago
13:52:17 [kjetil]
josema: Rachel: if the group would produce that, would it be useful for you?
13:52:37 [kjetil]
Rachel: the guiding principles are
13:52:48 [kjetil]
we have documented a lot of practices
13:53:22 [kjetil]
the more we can do the same way not only in the US, but all over the world, the better it is
13:54:01 [kjetil]
josema: I hope a lot of people will send you email about joining this TF effort
13:54:08 [kjetil]
Zakim, who is talking?
13:54:12 [josema]
september... I'm full of energy :)
13:54:19 [Zakim]
kjetil, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Josema (33%), Ari (100%)
13:54:57 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
13:55:24 [kjetil]
ari: please put up the things that you read and find interesting to the wiki
13:55:39 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
13:55:43 [kjetil]
josema: how do you envision the TF work?
13:56:34 [kjetil]
ari: the goal is to find out how open standards are used to gain transparancy, and where are the gaps
13:56:58 [kjetil]
ari: the short term goals is to find out what's out there
13:57:18 [josema]
agenda?
13:57:46 [kjetil]
josema: any other commentS?
13:58:23 [josema]
zakim, close this agendum
13:58:23 [Zakim]
agendum 5 closed
13:58:24 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
13:58:27 [Zakim]
4. Face to Face Meeting [from josema]
13:58:58 [kjetil]
josema: let us talk about IG Notes
13:59:11 [kjetil]
josema: we are supposed to produce one for each TF
14:00:36 [kjetil]
josema: we have two months to produce those
14:01:30 [kjetil]
josema: we are supposed to be doing that right now, and we have not really started
14:01:45 [kjetil]
josema: I will try to push a little bit
14:02:45 [kjetil]
josema: I will try to help with the W3C editing principles, which are not very hard, but they are there, and involve valid (X)HTML
14:02:57 [kjetil]
josema: we have very tight deadlines now
14:03:16 [josema]
move to next agendum
14:03:16 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Face to Face Meeting" taken up [from josema]
14:03:37 [kjetil]
josema: I sent an email about the F2F meeting
14:03:57 [kjetil]
josema: the meeting is in a hotel near Cannes
14:04:32 [kjetil]
josema: the discount rate expires on next monday
14:04:42 [Beng]
jose's mail is : http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-egov-ig/2008Aug/0004.html
14:04:54 [kjetil]
josema: there are other hotels of course
14:05:11 [kjetil]
josema: the deadline for the meeting is sept 28
14:05:49 [kjetil]
josema: this is the TPAC, the Technical Plenary, which is the main W3C technical meeting
14:06:07 [kjetil]
josema: it is one of the best meetings in the year, highly recommended
14:06:29 [kjetil]
josema: if we need to interact with other groups, the best experts will be there
14:07:00 [kjetil]
josema: most meetings are open to observers, so you may join other meetings
14:07:43 [kjetil]
josema: this is very useful to learn technologies, and all the experts are there
14:08:57 [kjetil]
Important dates: sept 8th and sept 28th
14:09:04 [josema]
agenda?
14:09:06 [kjetil]
josema: any questions?
14:09:41 [kjetil]
Zakim: unmute me
14:09:47 [kjetil]
Zakim, unmute me
14:09:47 [Zakim]
kjetil should no longer be muted
14:10:03 [kjetil]
Zakim, mute me
14:10:03 [Zakim]
kjetil should now be muted
14:10:04 [josema]
agenda?
14:10:22 [josema]
move to next agendum
14:10:22 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Group Activity Plan" taken up [from josema]
14:11:32 [josema]
close this agendum
14:11:36 [josema]
move to next agendum
14:11:36 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Liaisons: review" taken up [from josema]
14:12:04 [kjetil]
josema: Kevin allready mentioned OASIS and the World Bank
14:12:37 [kjetil]
josema: we are in a state where we try to gain more knowledge about each other
14:12:50 [kjetil]
josema: we will return to the group with reports
14:13:15 [josema]
http://www.semic.eu
14:13:20 [kjetil]
josema: we have had some interest from the Semantic Interoperability in Europe
14:13:45 [kjetil]
josema: this is especially relevant to data integration
14:13:59 [kjetil]
josema: we will meet with the project in Brussels
14:14:09 [kjetil]
josema: how do we see that vision
14:14:56 [kjetil]
josema: they are planning to compile a repository of "interoperability assets"
14:15:16 [kjetil]
josema: I will find out more about this in two weeks from now in the meeting
14:15:31 [kjetil]
Zakim, who is talking?
14:15:42 [Zakim]
kjetil, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Josema (9%)
14:16:16 [kjetil]
Trond: it is a very interesting project, with large challenges
14:16:54 [josema]
->http://www.w3.org/2004/ontaria/ Ontaria
14:17:32 [kjetil]
josema: Ontaria was a related W3C project
14:18:19 [kjetil]
josema: that project is stopped, probably due to lack of funding
14:18:49 [kjetil]
josema: I will try to find out more
14:19:26 [josema]
agenda?
14:19:31 [kjetil]
q+
14:19:34 [josema]
close this agendum
14:19:42 [kjetil]
ack me
14:21:12 [kjetil]
Zakim, mute me
14:21:12 [Zakim]
kjetil should now be muted
14:21:20 [kjetil]
Zakim, unmute me
14:21:20 [Zakim]
kjetil should no longer be muted
14:22:06 [Zakim]
-Josema
14:22:11 [kjetil]
kjetil: mentioned the liasons established by computas
14:22:13 [josema]
I lost my phone connection :(
14:22:30 [josema]
zakim, call josema-office
14:22:31 [Zakim]
ok, josema; the call is being made
14:22:32 [Zakim]
+Josema
14:22:41 [kjetil]
Zakim, mute me
14:22:41 [Zakim]
kjetil should now be muted
14:23:09 [kjetil]
josema: any further questions?
14:23:34 [kjetil]
josema: please take a look at the documents
14:23:40 [kjetil]
josema: we're ADJOURNED
14:23:47 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
14:23:48 [kjetil]
josema: thank you all!
14:23:49 [Zakim]
-Ari
14:23:50 [Zakim]
-Owen
14:23:51 [Zakim]
-??P9
14:23:52 [Zakim]
-chris
14:23:53 [Zakim]
-chris.a
14:23:55 [Zakim]
-Rachel
14:23:55 [Zakim]
-kjetil
14:24:00 [Zakim]
-Beng
14:24:07 [Beng]
Beng has left #egov
14:24:10 [josema]
thanks all for particippating today
14:24:18 [josema]
thanks kjetil for scribing!
14:24:25 [Zakim]
-Josema
14:24:27 [Zakim]
T&S_EGOV()9:00AM has ended
14:24:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were Katie_Haritos-Shea, Josema, +1.301.455.aaaa, +39.25.aabb, +1.202.731.aacc, +1.509.464.aadd, +1.202.256.aaee, kevin, +1.301.384.aaff, Owen, kjetil, Beng,
14:24:30 [Zakim]
... +1.202.488.aagg, chris, Rachel, Ari
14:24:35 [josema]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:24:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/03-egov-minutes.html josema
14:24:44 [josema]
RRSAgent, list attendees
14:24:44 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'list attendees', josema. Try /msg RRSAgent help
14:24:58 [josema]
Zakim, list attendees
14:24:58 [Zakim]
sorry, josema, I don't know what conference this is
16:17:03 [josema]
RRSAgent, bye
16:17:03 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items