IRC log of mwts on 2008-09-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:58:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:58:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:58:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:58:53 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:58:57 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
14:58:57 [Zakim]
ok, dom, I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM already started
14:59:01 [dom]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
14:59:13 [dom]
14:59:17 [dom]
Chair: Dom
14:59:54 [Zakim]
+ +47.24.16.aaaa
15:00:08 [dom]
zakim, code?
15:00:08 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:00:14 [Zakim]
15:01:28 [Zakim]
15:02:21 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is Wilhelm
15:02:21 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm; got it
15:02:25 [Zakim]
+ +3aabb
15:02:39 [dom]
zakim, ??P26 is probably Kai
15:02:40 [Zakim]
+Kai?; got it
15:02:46 [dom]
zakim, aabb is Dmitri
15:02:47 [Zakim]
+Dmitri; got it
15:02:48 [dom]
zakim, who's on the call
15:02:49 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who's on the call', dom
15:02:51 [dom]
zakim, who's on the call?
15:02:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Carmelo, Wilhelm, Kai?, Dom, Dmitri
15:03:34 [dom]
-> Mobile Web Test Suites - next deliverables
15:03:54 [dsilaev]
dsilaev has joined #mwts
15:07:36 [dom]
Dom: [introducing performance-based test suite - either for javascript or network, with a target on mobile devices]
15:08:18 [dom]
Kai: possibly interested, but not sure I can afford investing too much time in this
15:08:54 [dom]
Wilhelm: would be interesting to see how existing mobile browsers fare with existing tests
15:09:13 [dom]
... based on this, we could see whether we need to define tests more targeted to mobile devices
15:09:44 [dom]
Kai: the recent announcements of improvements to javascripts performance are quite interesting
15:10:33 [dom]
Dom: interesting idea to start from existing tests
15:10:56 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to send a list of existing performance tests for analysis
15:11:56 [dom]
Dom: set of guidelines on how to write good mobile-oriented test cases
15:12:39 [dom]
Wilhelm: not sure that distinction is very useful; should target to write test cases that work on any device
15:13:15 [dom]
Dom: "device independence", good point
15:13:20 [wilhelm]
15:14:25 [dom]
ACTION: Carmelo to start a draft of guidelines on writing device independent test cases
15:18:10 [dom]
Dom: [introducing the idea of bringing some help to other groups/other specs]
15:18:36 [dom]
Carmelo: Doug Schepers mentioned adding DOM Level 3 events to the harness
15:18:59 [dom]
Kai: Widgets is one of the things we do at work
15:19:11 [dom]
... I'll get in touch with Markus (the spec editor) to see if we can do something there
15:19:25 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to contact editor of Widgets packaging spec to see if testing is appropriate
15:20:12 [dom]
Kai: geolocation is also of interest to my
15:20:15 [dom]
15:22:03 [dom]
... not sure how to test it, though
15:22:40 [dom]
... it would be nice to have a validator that run a web Apps through various geolocation providers
15:24:20 [dom]
Dom: let's put it on the back burner for the time being
15:25:23 [dom]
... Another idea would be to work on test cases for cookies support
15:25:30 [dom]
Kai: of interest to me, as well
15:25:57 [dom]
... could also bring in privacy considerations
15:27:28 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look into opera's test suites for cookies
15:28:49 [dom]
Dom: [test harness]
15:29:04 [dom]
15:30:39 [dom]
Kai: I'm eager to test plugin support
15:31:53 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to look into testing for plugin support
15:32:29 [Zakim]
15:32:30 [Zakim]
15:32:31 [Zakim]
15:32:32 [Zakim]
15:32:32 [Zakim]
15:32:33 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:32:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Carmelo, +47.24.16.aaaa, Dom, Wilhelm, +3aabb, Kai?, Dmitri
15:32:37 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:32:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
15:32:40 [dom]
Zakim, bye
15:32:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts