IRC log of i18nits on 2008-09-02

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:55:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18nits
14:55:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-irc
14:55:24 [fsasaki]
meeting: i18n ITS IG
14:55:25 [fsasaki]
chair: Yves
14:55:28 [fsasaki]
scribe: Felix
14:55:31 [fsasaki]
scribeNick: fsasaki
14:55:39 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Aug/0014.html
14:55:44 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, make log public
14:55:50 [YvesS]
YvesS has joined #i18nits
14:59:20 [Zakim]
I18N_ITS IG()11:00AM has now started
14:59:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.303.962.aaaa
14:59:47 [YvesS]
zakim, 1.303.962.aaaa is YvesS
14:59:47 [Zakim]
sorry, YvesS, I do not recognize a party named '1.303.962.aaaa'
14:59:51 [YvesS]
zakim, 303.962.aaaa is YvesS
14:59:51 [Zakim]
sorry, YvesS, I do not recognize a party named '303.962.aaaa'
14:59:59 [YvesS]
zakim, 962.aaaa is YvesS
14:59:59 [Zakim]
sorry, YvesS, I do not recognize a party named '962.aaaa'
15:00:09 [YvesS]
zakim, +1.303.962.aaaa is YvesS
15:00:10 [Zakim]
+YvesS; got it
15:00:10 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:00:16 [Zakim]
-YvesS
15:00:18 [Zakim]
+YvesS
15:00:24 [Zakim]
+??P33
15:02:15 [Zakim]
+??P62
15:02:45 [YvesS]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:45 [Zakim]
On the phone I see YvesS, Syd, Felix, Ingo
15:02:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see YvesS, RRSAgent, Zakim, fsasaki, trackbot
15:04:15 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS-oriented reviews of XML specifications
15:04:35 [fsasaki]
Felix to look into XSD 1.1
15:05:42 [fsasaki]
Felix: general extensibilty in XSD 1.1 as in 1.0, no need for specific ITS declarations
15:06:01 [fsasaki]
Felix to bring Atom case to i18n core and back to IETF back, also done (at least the i18n core part)
15:06:12 [fsasaki]
Yves to look at UIML (Oasis), not done yet
15:06:31 [fsasaki]
Rodolfo to look at XUL, no update on this
15:07:11 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080829/
15:07:17 [fsasaki]
SKOS Simple Knowledge Organization System Reference
15:08:15 [fsasaki]
action: Yves to look at SKOS LC draft
15:08:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-79 - Look at SKOS LC draft [on Yves Savourel - due 2008-09-09].
15:08:53 [fsasaki]
Felix: no need to look into POWDER, I think
15:08:54 [camille]
camille has joined #i18nits
15:08:59 [Zakim]
+ +95496aabb
15:09:02 [camille]
i SOrry I'm late
15:09:37 [YvesS]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/PR-pronunciation-lexicon-20080818/
15:11:23 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to review PLS PR draft
15:11:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-80 - Review PLS PR draft [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-09-09].
15:12:50 [fsasaki]
Yves: outside W3C specs, any ideas? Nothing new it seems
15:12:57 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Rules repository
15:13:18 [najib]
najib has joined #i18nits
15:13:23 [YvesS]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/OOXML10
15:15:54 [fsasaki]
Yves: if you have any rules for a format, even a simple example, please contribute
15:16:03 [fsasaki]
Felix: proposal to link to rules from BP document
15:16:45 [fsasaki]
action: Yves to add a link to the rules repositoriy to the BP document and the test suite
15:16:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-81 - Add a link to the rules repositoriy to the BP document and the test suite [on Yves Savourel - due 2008-09-09].
15:17:00 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Processor API
15:17:30 [YvesS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Jun/0014.html
15:19:06 [fsasaki]
Felix: currently looking into the backtracking of the API
15:19:13 [fsasaki]
Yves: looking into it too again
15:19:23 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Processor with XSLT
15:19:39 [fsasaki]
Felix to look into XPath expressivity in SAX engine of saxon
15:20:38 [fsasaki]
Felix: need feedback from Rodolfo on what part of Saxon he talked about
15:20:52 [fsasaki]
Rodolfo to try look at the xslt decorator, also pending
15:22:47 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/its-translate-decorator/02/its-translate-decorator-02.zip
15:22:59 [fsasaki]
Felix: version above is in XSLT 1.0, please have a look if you can use it
15:23:52 [fsasaki]
action: Everybody to try XSLT 1.0 decorator at http://www.w3.org/International/its/its-translate-decorator/02/its-translate-decorator-02.zip
15:23:53 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Everybody
15:24:16 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS General issues
15:24:36 [fsasaki]
"Ingo to put together a use case for the local "Elements within Text" usage"
15:24:53 [fsasaki]
Ingo: thought about it, best use case was streaming processor without XPath rules
15:25:05 [fsasaki]
.. I had another action item about context support in ITS
15:25:23 [fsasaki]
.. for TM matching, if you have context, you could use them for matching
15:25:36 [fsasaki]
.. you could also give context to the translator
15:25:40 [fsasaki]
Yves: what is context
15:26:08 [fsasaki]
.. element with content in a document?
15:26:30 [fsasaki]
Ingo: when translating it would be useful to see the context
15:26:45 [fsasaki]
.. they might have the same context across documents
15:27:03 [fsasaki]
Yves: could you post a mail explaining that?
15:27:05 [fsasaki]
Ingo: yes
15:27:23 [fsasaki]
action: Ingo to post a mail about context of ITS information
15:27:23 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Ingo
15:28:07 [fsasaki]
Ingo: for "Elements within Text" I don't see a use case local, only with streaming
15:28:18 [fsasaki]
.. if you don't use XPath
15:29:12 [fsasaki]
Yves: could you explain that in a mail as well?
15:29:14 [fsasaki]
Ingo: yes
15:29:31 [fsasaki]
action: Ingo to explain "Elements within Text" local streaming issue
15:29:31 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Ingo
15:29:55 [fsasaki]
Yves: another issue with taking the source from one place and putting it into another place
15:30:45 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Streaming processor
15:31:24 [fsasaki]
Yves: anything new here? Basic problem is that for streaming you would need some simplified version of XPath
15:31:39 [fsasaki]
.. as soon as you have relative expressions you can go everywhere, which is difficult for streaming
15:31:51 [fsasaki]
.. no progress here
15:32:17 [fsasaki]
.. I'll see if we can get feedback from Jirka or others
15:32:25 [fsasaki]
topic: Teleconference time
15:32:50 [fsasaki]
topic: AOB
15:33:26 [fsasaki]
Ingo: for "elements within text", what is if there are other elements, do they inherit from their parent element "within text"?
15:33:42 [fsasaki]
Yves: no, they would not inherit
15:34:00 [fsasaki]
Ingo: so e.g. emphasis would not inherit from strong?
15:34:01 [fsasaki]
Yves: yes
15:34:17 [fsasaki]
Ingo: even if strong is within text "yes"?
15:34:19 [fsasaki]
Yves: yes
15:36:00 [fsasaki]
Ingo: spec was a bit unclear about that in 6.8.1
15:36:05 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/TR/its/#within-text-definition
15:36:30 [fsasaki]
"The element and its content are part of the flow of its parent element.". Content could be child elements as well
15:36:56 [fsasaki]
Yves: yes a bit unclear. But answer is "no", it applies just to text content. But yes this is unclear
15:37:18 [fsasaki]
Ingo: will there be a certification program for ITS tools?
15:37:31 [fsasaki]
Yves: no, we encourage people to use the tests
15:37:58 [fsasaki]
Now talking about teleconference time
15:39:30 [fsasaki]
everybody on the call is fine, but though for people in Australia
15:40:11 [fsasaki]
We will make the change, from now on our call is regulary like today
15:40:28 [fsasaki]
Yves: yes
15:40:44 [fsasaki]
.. next call September 23rd
15:40:51 [fsasaki]
Ingo: regrets for that one
15:41:09 [Zakim]
-Syd
15:41:11 [Zakim]
-Felix
15:41:12 [Zakim]
-Ingo
15:41:14 [Zakim]
-YvesS
15:41:14 [Zakim]
-camille
15:41:16 [Zakim]
I18N_ITS IG()11:00AM has ended
15:41:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were YvesS, Felix, Syd, Ingo, +95496aabb, camille
15:41:49 [fsasaki]
present: YvesS, Felix, Syd, Ingo, camille
15:41:55 [fsasaki]
adjourned
15:42:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-minutes.html fsasaki
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-actions.rdf :
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to look at SKOS LC draft [1]
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-irc#T15-08-15
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Felix to review PLS PR draft [2]
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-irc#T15-11-23
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to add a link to the rules repositoriy to the BP document and the test suite [3]
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-irc#T15-16-45
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Everybody to try XSLT 1.0 decorator at http://www.w3.org/International/its/its-translate-decorator/02/its-translate-decorator-02.zip [4]
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-irc#T15-23-52
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ingo to post a mail about context of ITS information [5]
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-irc#T15-27-23
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ingo to explain "Elements within Text" local streaming issue [6]
15:46:39 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/09/02-i18nits-irc#T15-29-31
15:46:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18nits