IRC log of swd on 2008-08-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:55:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swd
14:55:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc
14:55:19 [TomB]
rrsagent, bookmark
14:55:19 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T14-55-19
14:55:24 [TomB]
zakim, this will be swd
14:55:24 [Zakim]
ok, TomB, I see SW_SWD()11:00AM already started
14:55:27 [TomB]
Meeting: SWD WG
14:55:32 [TomB]
Chair: Guus
14:55:32 [edsu]
Antoine: haha, no, my brothers :)
14:56:28 [Zakim]
+Ralph
14:56:30 [TomB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0030.html
14:57:24 [Ralph]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html previous 2008-08-05
14:58:38 [TomB]
Previous: http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html
14:58:50 [TomB]
Regrets: Jon
14:58:57 [TomB]
rrsagent, please make record public
14:59:03 [TomB]
Regrets+ Margherita
14:59:21 [seanb]
seanb has joined #swd
14:59:46 [qreul]
qreul has joined #swd
15:00:05 [Zakim]
+??P12
15:00:19 [Zakim]
+[LC]
15:00:33 [Ralph]
zakim, lc is EdSu
15:00:34 [Zakim]
+EdSu; got it
15:00:41 [Zakim]
+ +22427aaaa
15:00:53 [Ralph]
zakim, aaaa is Quentin
15:00:53 [Zakim]
+Quentin; got it
15:01:08 [Ralph]
zakim, ??p12 is probably Alistair
15:01:08 [Zakim]
+Alistair?; got it
15:01:24 [berrueta]
berrueta has joined #swd
15:01:28 [Zakim]
+Antoine_Isaac
15:01:37 [Zakim]
+[VrijeUni]
15:01:57 [Guus]
Guus has joined #swd
15:02:05 [TomB]
zakim, VrijeUni is Guus
15:02:05 [Zakim]
+Guus; got it
15:02:11 [Zakim]
+??P25
15:02:16 [seanb]
zakim, ??P25 is me
15:02:16 [Zakim]
+seanb; got it
15:03:25 [Guus]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TomB, Ralph, Alistair? (muted), EdSu, Quentin, Antoine_Isaac, Guus, seanb
15:03:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Guus, berrueta, qreul, seanb, RRSAgent, TomB, Zakim, aliman, Ralph, Antoine, edsu
15:03:38 [Zakim]
+[CTIC]
15:03:42 [berrueta]
zakim, [CTIC] is me
15:03:48 [Zakim]
+berrueta; got it
15:04:05 [Zakim]
+Ben_Adida
15:04:14 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Ben_Adida
15:04:21 [benadida]
benadida has joined #swd
15:05:02 [Zakim]
+[LC]
15:05:24 [Ralph]
scribe: QReul
15:05:30 [Ralph]
zakim, lc is Clay
15:05:30 [Zakim]
+Clay; got it
15:05:55 [qreul]
Topic: Admin
15:06:40 [qreul]
PROPOSED to accept minutes of the last telecon: http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html
15:07:03 [qreul]
Proposed resolution:ISSUE-83 => ISSUE 123
15:07:10 [Clay]
Clay has joined #swd
15:07:29 [qreul]
RESOLVED
15:08:44 [JeremyCarroll]
JeremyCarroll has joined #swd
15:08:58 [qreul]
Next telecon: 26 Aug
15:09:21 [Zakim]
+Ralph
15:09:21 [Zakim]
+ +7.944.aabb
15:09:34 [JeremyCarroll]
Zakim, aabb is me
15:09:34 [Zakim]
+JeremyCarroll; got it
15:09:51 [qreul]
Group agreed to meet next week
15:09:57 [qreul]
Topic: SKOS
15:10:15 [qreul]
2 reviews of the SKOS reference have been provided
15:10:25 [JeremyCarroll]
Zakim, mute me
15:10:28 [Zakim]
JeremyCarroll should now be muted
15:10:45 [qreul]
Sean: started to address comments made by Guus
15:10:46 [aliman]
zakim, please unmute alistair
15:10:48 [Zakim]
Alistair? should no longer be muted
15:11:01 [seanb]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Reference/Planning
15:11:12 [Zakim]
-Ralph
15:11:18 [Zakim]
-Ralph
15:11:23 [Zakim]
+Ralph
15:11:51 [qreul]
Wiki has the text from the review and shows progress
15:12:11 [qreul]
discussion required about one or two of Margherita's comment
15:13:07 [qreul]
Guus asked to discuss section 1.5
15:13:13 [monarcho]
monarcho has joined #swd
15:13:35 [qreul]
Guus: says that the explanantion for integrity constraint is unclear
15:13:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html Ralph
15:14:06 [qreul]
Sean: often if an assumption is made and if a property doesn't have a domain and range that this can be an error
15:14:19 [qreul]
However, this is not correct
15:14:51 [qreul]
Alistair: wasn't sure how to express the idea
15:15:06 [qreul]
Guus: part can be dropped as not essential to the argument
15:15:31 [qreul]
Sean: do you propose to drop the whole pragraph?
15:16:20 [qreul]
Guus: only people knowledgeable about DL wouldn't know this is an error
15:17:00 [qreul]
Make explicit that datatype don't have to be made explicit
15:17:37 [qreul]
Sean: No objection if the comments are addressed
15:18:11 [qreul]
Guus: would like to get an email showing how the different comments have been addressed
15:18:32 [qreul]
Sean: The wiki addresses this and then will send an email version of the wiki page
15:19:25 [qreul]
Guus: the revision should be made available by next Tuesday for a decision to be made at next telecon
15:19:59 [qreul]
Guus: question about cardinality in appendix 2.2
15:20:20 [qreul]
Alistair: thought it was correct
15:20:37 [qreul]
Guus: difference between local and global constraints
15:20:55 [qreul]
is the intended semantic should always be 1?
15:21:53 [qreul]
text seem to suggest it should be precisely one label
15:23:15 [qreul]
ACTION: Sean and Alistair to propose a solution for the last call by Fri 22/08/08
15:23:43 [qreul]
s/solution/revised reference
15:24:01 [Ralph]
reference to what?
15:24:04 [Ralph]
(so we remember)
15:24:12 [qreul]
SKOS reference
15:24:24 [qreul]
ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer re. concept co-ordination [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]
15:24:42 [edsu]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0032.html
15:24:47 [Ralph]
oh, a revised Editor's Draft -- ok, I misunderstood :)
15:24:52 [qreul]
--done
15:25:03 [qreul]
ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and equivalence w/r/t subclass [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]
15:25:24 [aliman]
zakim, mute alistair
15:25:24 [Zakim]
Alistair? should now be muted
15:26:57 [Ralph]
from the March 18 meeting record:
15:27:06 [Ralph]
[[
15:27:07 [Ralph]
Sean: make skos:broaderGeneric rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subClassOf .
15:27:07 [Ralph]
Guus: if you look at the broader definition it's not clear
15:27:07 [Ralph]
... need more dicussion
15:27:07 [Ralph]
Alistair: if you have broaderGeneric as a subPropertyOf subClassOf
15:27:07 [Ralph]
... through broaderGeneric
15:27:09 [Ralph]
... requires more thought
15:27:11 [Ralph]
Sean: no theoretical reason for having super as transitive
15:27:13 [Ralph]
Guus: proposal was to write some primer text on it and should be fine
15:27:15 [Ralph]
]]
15:27:23 [qreul]
--dropped
15:27:32 [Zakim]
+??P8
15:27:32 [dlrubin]
dlrubin has joined #swd
15:27:41 [qreul]
Ed and Antoine said it was required anymore
15:27:46 [Ralph]
zakim, ??p8 is probably DLRubin
15:27:46 [Zakim]
+DLRubin?; got it
15:27:49 [qreul]
ACTION: Alistair to update the history page adding direct link to latest version of rdf triple [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
15:28:11 [aliman]
continues
15:28:18 [qreul]
--continues
15:28:29 [qreul]
ACTION: Ed to write a note on SKOS-XL in the Primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action10]
15:28:36 [qreul]
--done
15:28:48 [qreul]
Antoine wrote the proposal
15:29:25 [GuusS]
GuusS has joined #swd
15:29:33 [edsu]
Antoine: thanks for picking that skos-xl primer stuff up
15:29:43 [qreul]
-- primer status
15:29:57 [qreul]
Antoine has published on the wikki the latest editor's draft
15:30:06 [qreul]
it could be considered for publication
15:30:16 [qreul]
except that 2 items have still to be addressed
15:30:30 [qreul]
1. Tom has some editorial comments (minor)
15:30:48 [qreul]
2. Comment made by Alistair about example to be modified
15:31:00 [qreul]
Ed is currently addressing this problem now
15:31:22 [aliman]
ed sounds great
15:31:28 [qreul]
Ed: the example is going to be adapted to be more real
15:32:00 [aliman]
zakim, unmute me
15:32:00 [Zakim]
sorry, aliman, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:32:22 [aliman]
/me zakim, unmute alistair
15:32:29 [qreul]
3. Related to comment on reference wrt to provenance and name graph
15:32:53 [qreul]
The problem is caused by the Primer referring to the reference
15:33:07 [qreul]
Alistair: no current plans
15:33:23 [qreul]
Guus: propose to re-use text from previous reference
15:33:45 [qreul]
Antoine: the section was empty, and not really sure how to solve it
15:33:57 [qreul]
This is wrt section 2.5 and 3.1
15:34:23 [seanb]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/DraftPrimer?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=SKOSPrimer-080819.html
15:34:48 [Ralph]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0041.html "new editor's draft of the SKOS Primer" [Antoine 2008-08-19]
15:35:24 [qreul]
Antoine: propose solution to remove reference to these section
15:35:50 [qreul]
Alistait: could refer to Web Conference paper on name graph
15:36:24 [qreul]
\s/these section/these section in the primer
15:36:52 [qreul]
Ralph: to refer to this work could be confusing to SKOS readers
15:37:22 [qreul]
Sean: would be stranged to say there isn't any mechanism to do this
15:37:51 [qreul]
Ralph: it's currently true, unless an example is created
15:38:06 [Ralph]
s/example/example showing SPARQL usage/
15:38:19 [qreul]
Alistair: SKOS Reference doesn't cover this issue
15:38:41 [Ralph]
s/this work/this work in progress on named graphs/
15:41:54 [qreul]
ACTION: Ralph and Guus to review the Primer Editor's Draft
15:42:00 [qreul]
Topic: RDFa
15:43:03 [qreul]
Diego: The implementation report has been submitted
15:43:16 [qreul]
Does this need to be formally reviewed?
15:43:38 [berrueta]
s/Diego:/Ben:
15:43:41 [qreul]
The syntax draft should also be reviewed
15:44:17 [qreul]
Guues: thought the taskforce wanted to have a review of the implementation report
15:44:25 [Ralph]
we're not proposing to publish the Implementation Report as a Group Note, are we?
15:44:38 [Ralph]
s/Does this/Ralph: Does thi/
15:44:45 [qreul]
Ben: Ask the reviewer (Ed and Diego) to check wether changes are ok
15:44:49 [Ralph]
s/Does thi/Does/this
15:44:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html Ralph
15:45:18 [qreul]
ACTION: Ed and Diego to review the latest document
15:45:50 [qreul]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/
15:46:10 [edsu]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0044.html
15:46:18 [Ralph]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0044.html "RDFa Implementation Report and Reviewed Editors' Draft" [Ben 2008-08-19]
15:46:19 [Zakim]
-Ben_Adida
15:47:00 [qreul]
Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
15:47:03 [qreul]
--done
15:47:20 [edsu]
s/latest document/latest RDFa Syntax Editor's Draft/
15:47:50 [qreul]
ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
15:47:53 [qreul]
--done
15:47:54 [Ralph]
Ralph: what about CURIE Last Call draft review?
15:47:57 [GuusS]
zakim, who is here?
15:47:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see TomB, alistair (muted), EdSu, Quentin, Antoine_Isaac, Guus, seanb, berrueta, Clay, JeremyCarroll (muted), Ralph, DLRubin?
15:47:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see GuusS, dlrubin, monarcho, JeremyCarroll, berrueta, qreul, seanb, RRSAgent, TomB, Zakim, aliman, Ralph, Antoine, edsu
15:48:01 [Ralph]
Guus: take that under other business
15:48:16 [qreul]
Topic: Recipes
15:48:19 [Ralph]
[I'd have liked to take that up before Ben left, but ok]
15:48:35 [qreul]
Guus: Is anything blocking publication?
15:48:43 [qreul]
ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
15:48:47 [qreul]
--continues
15:48:55 [qreul]
ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish Recipes as Working Group Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03]
15:48:58 [qreul]
--continues
15:49:08 [qreul]
Topic: AOB
15:49:18 [qreul]
a. Minimum RDFa metadata set for WG deliverables
15:50:18 [qreul]
I seem to have lost the line
15:50:30 [Ralph]
scribenick: ralph
15:50:32 [Zakim]
-Quentin
15:50:38 [Ralph]
Diego: I changed the formatting as Ralph requested
15:50:44 [Ralph]
... I'd like to add some examples
15:51:15 [Zakim]
+JeffP
15:51:21 [Ralph]
... regarding GRDDL, I added a section on how to use GRDDL
15:51:34 [Ralph]
... I'd like to discuss this section -- whether it's relevant or not
15:51:58 [Ralph]
zakim, jeffP is Quentin
15:51:59 [Zakim]
+Quentin; got it
15:52:07 [Ralph]
scribenick: qreul
15:52:17 [berrueta]
--> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AddingRDFaToTR?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=draft.html
15:53:04 [qreul]
Section "How to use GRDDL?" needs to have some such material to be included
15:53:27 [qreul]
... the current markup could be confusing however
15:53:43 [qreul]
... i.e. TR markup with RDFa
15:54:12 [qreul]
Diego: changed the name of the document wrt the document name
15:54:51 [qreul]
No problem with the title as mainly using RDFa
15:55:13 [aliman]
/msg tomb hope you feel better soon
15:55:24 [qreul]
Sean: Problem with HTML tag in the document
15:55:47 [qreul]
Diego: Content negociation could be the problem
15:56:07 [qreul]
Sean: though it was caused with DTD
15:56:44 [Ralph]
Ralph: I have no objection to the change in title from "RDFa" to "metadata", but the justification is NOT that we're using more than RDFa
15:56:48 [qreul]
Diego: problem has not been evaluated as problem with W3C markup validator
15:57:24 [qreul]
ACTION: Diego to put the Wiki page on RDFa metadata in a Note form [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action11]
15:57:28 [qreul]
--continues
15:57:35 [qreul]
b. Review CURIE Syntax 1.0 by Sep 5
15:57:42 [qreul]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0029.html
15:57:48 [Ralph]
[I'd say that Diego's action is done :) and now we're reviewing it ]
15:58:10 [qreul]
http://www.w3.org/TR/curie/
15:58:37 [qreul]
Revision of the RDFa syntax addressing problem in Curie
15:59:30 [JeremyCarroll]
q+
15:59:43 [qreul]
This group through the RDFa are co-author of the Curie syntax and as such we were asked to review the document
15:59:45 [JeremyCarroll]
Zakim, unmute me
15:59:45 [Zakim]
JeremyCarroll should no longer be muted
16:00:16 [qreul]
Jeremy: What if curie spec are rejected but NOT RDFa?
16:00:33 [qreul]
No answer can be made @ the current time
16:00:59 [qreul]
Discussion to be postponed to next week
16:01:20 [qreul]
ACTION: Jeremy to review Curie syntax doc by Sep 05
16:01:22 [Ralph]
s/No answer/Ralph: No answer
16:01:34 [Zakim]
-Clay
16:01:36 [Zakim]
-DLRubin?
16:01:36 [Zakim]
-JeremyCarroll
16:01:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html Ralph
16:01:36 [dlrubin]
dlrubin has left #swd
16:01:37 [Zakim]
-EdSu
16:01:40 [Zakim]
-berrueta
16:01:44 [Zakim]
-TomB
16:01:54 [Zakim]
-Quentin
16:01:54 [Zakim]
-Antoine_Isaac
16:01:55 [Zakim]
-seanb
16:02:05 [Zakim]
-alistair
16:02:07 [Zakim]
-Guus
16:02:15 [Zakim]
-Ralph
16:02:16 [Zakim]
SW_SWD()11:00AM has ended
16:02:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were TomB, Ralph, EdSu, +22427aaaa, Quentin, Alistair?, Antoine_Isaac, Guus, seanb, berrueta, Ben_Adida, Clay, +7.944.aabb, JeremyCarroll, alistair, DLRubin?
16:02:42 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html Ralph
16:02:47 [qreul]
That would be great
16:02:52 [qreul]
thanks very much
16:02:54 [Ralph]
:) ok
16:02:57 [Ralph]
thanks for scribing!
16:03:01 [Ralph]
zakim, bye
16:03:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #swd
16:03:03 [qreul]
no prolem
16:03:28 [Ralph]
rrsagent, bye
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
I see 12 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-actions.rdf :
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sean and Alistair to propose a solution for the last call by Fri 22/08/08 [1]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-23-15
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer re. concept co-ordination [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02] [2]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-24-24
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and equivalence w/r/t subclass [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08] [3]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-25-03
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Alistair to update the history page adding direct link to latest version of rdf triple [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01] [4]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-27-49
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ed to write a note on SKOS-XL in the Primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action10] [5]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-28-29
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph and Guus to review the Primer Editor's Draft [6]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-41-54
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ed and Diego to review the latest document [7]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-45-18
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [8]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-47-50
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] [9]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-48-43
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish Recipes as Working Group Note [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03] [10]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-48-55
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Diego to put the Wiki page on RDFa metadata in a Note form [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action11] [11]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T15-57-24
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeremy to review Curie syntax doc by Sep 05 [12]
16:03:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc#T16-01-20