IRC log of rif on 2008-08-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:29:54 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
14:29:54 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-rif-irc
14:30:05 [ChrisW]
zakim, this will be rif
14:30:05 [Zakim]
ok, ChrisW; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 30 minutes
14:30:36 [ChrisW]
Meeting: RIF Telecon 5-Aug-08
14:30:45 [ChrisW]
Chair: Chris Welty
14:30:57 [ChrisW]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Aug/0003.html
14:31:09 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has changed the topic to: 5 Aug RIF Telecon Agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Aug/0003.html
14:31:36 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Admin
14:31:40 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Liason
14:31:46 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Action Review
14:31:51 [ChrisW]
agenda+ F2F11
14:31:56 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Core
14:32:00 [ChrisW]
agenda+ Test Cases
14:32:04 [ChrisW]
agenda+ FLD
14:32:08 [ChrisW]
agenda+ DTB
14:32:11 [ChrisW]
agenda+ PRD
14:32:15 [ChrisW]
agenda+ AOB
14:32:25 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:32:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
14:32:37 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
15:00:21 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
15:00:45 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
15:00:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.212.781.aaaa
15:01:02 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:01:02 [Zakim]
+LeoraMorgenstern; got it
15:01:19 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #rif
15:01:24 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:01:30 [ChrisW]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
15:01:30 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
15:02:17 [StellaMitchell]
StellaMitchell has joined #rif
15:02:58 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rif
15:03:26 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:27 [Zakim]
+??P27
15:03:32 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
15:03:33 [Zakim]
On the phone I see LeoraMorgenstern, ChrisW, ??P27
15:03:43 [Zakim]
On IRC I see josb, AxelPolleres, StellaMitchell, DaveReynolds, LeoraMorgenstern, RRSAgent, Zakim, ChrisW, Harold, sandro, trackbot
15:03:48 [csma]
csma has joined #rif
15:03:50 [Zakim]
+ +39.047.101.aabb
15:04:10 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:04:15 [StellaMitchell]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
15:04:18 [Zakim]
+StellaMitchell; got it
15:04:29 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #rif
15:04:30 [Zakim]
+??P30
15:04:34 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is talking?
15:04:50 [Zakim]
+??P31
15:04:52 [Zakim]
ChrisW, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: LeoraMorgenstern (29%), ChrisW (42%)
15:05:03 [csma]
zakim, ??P31 is me
15:05:03 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
15:05:50 [Zakim]
+ +49.351.463.4.aacc
15:06:00 [AdrianP]
Zakim, aacc is me
15:06:00 [Zakim]
+AdrianP; got it
15:06:05 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:06:05 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:06:20 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I'll volunteer.
15:06:23 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:06:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see LeoraMorgenstern, ChrisW, ??P27, josb, StellaMitchell, AxelPolleres (muted), csma, AdrianP (muted)
15:06:42 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
15:06:42 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
15:06:52 [ChrisW]
Scribe: AdrianP
15:06:58 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:06:58 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Admin" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:07:00 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:07:00 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:07:21 [MichaelKifer]
MichaelKifer has joined #rif
15:07:26 [ChrisW]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Jul/att-0217/29-July-2008-rif-minutes.html
15:07:35 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Objections to accepting minutes?
15:07:52 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Accept minutes of 29-July telecon
15:08:00 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Accept minutes of 29-July telecon
15:08:21 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:08:21 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Liason" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:09:35 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Status of SBVR?
15:09:51 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
15:09:53 [AdrianP]
Christian: SBVR currently an adopted standard
15:10:33 [AdrianP]
Christian: Large document, 400 pages, it is computer independent level specification of business rules
15:10:39 [Harold]
Zakim, [NRCC] is me
15:10:39 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
15:10:51 [AdrianP]
Christian: RIF is at the execution level, SBVR is not
15:11:25 [AdrianP]
Christian: Framework for analysing the business semantics of rules
15:11:28 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
15:11:30 [Harold]
http://www.omg.org/spec/SBVR/1.0/
15:12:17 [AdrianP]
Harold: use common logic as underlying logic as far as I know
15:12:29 [AdrianP]
Christian: there is a mapping at least part of it
15:12:55 [Harold]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantics_of_Business_Vocabulary_and_Business_Rules
15:13:19 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Translation between SBVR and RIF?
15:13:26 [Harold]
"Common Logic draft standard 24707, currently being fast-tracked by ISO."
15:13:43 [Harold]
"SBVR is aligned with Common Logic draft standard 24707, currently being fast-tracked by ISO."
15:13:53 [AdrianP]
Christian: If you could map SBVR to executable rules it can be mapped to RIF
15:13:57 [Zakim]
+ +1.631.833.aadd
15:14:10 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, aadd is me
15:14:10 [Zakim]
+MichaelKifer; got it
15:14:18 [AxelPolleres]
q+
15:14:23 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
15:14:23 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
15:14:53 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:14:53 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:15:08 [AdrianP]
Adrian: HCLS has recharted and will start again in September
15:15:21 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:15:21 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, ChrisW
15:15:29 [ChrisW]
ack a
15:15:30 [AdrianP]
Axel: will talk about rif:text next week with the OWL group
15:15:31 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:15:31 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Action Review" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:16:34 [AdrianP]
Michael: Send an eMail to the list about FLD semantics for PRD
15:16:51 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:16:51 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:17:04 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:17:04 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "F2F11" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:17:37 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: most prefer to have meeting in Manhattan
15:17:57 [AxelPolleres]
Are there any Hotel recommendations?
15:18:06 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: not far from Central Park and Broadway
15:18:17 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Will put information on the webpage this week
15:18:59 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:18:59 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Core" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:20:31 [AdrianP]
Christian: Core is one of the documents on the list. What do we do with it? Is it is on priority?
15:21:06 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: DTB, PRD, FLD, BLD
15:21:32 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: TestCases and Core just some initial work
15:22:16 [AdrianP]
Christian: We had a discussion in July about Core
15:22:59 [AdrianP]
Christian: concensus was that we could need a Core document if we have a use case for Core
15:23:13 [AdrianP]
Christian: Something smaller than the intersection of PRD and BLD
15:23:26 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Is the intersection clear?
15:23:48 [AdrianP]
Christian: Not completely yet. But can be figured out from the current working drafts
15:24:28 [AdrianP]
Dave: Core something minimum Horn Clause, no equality, ..
15:24:40 [AxelPolleres]
no function symbols?
15:25:08 [AdrianP]
Christian: We would need a seperate document, we would need a use case for Core
15:25:41 [AdrianP]
Christian: if there is no use case for core we might question the need for a seperate document
15:25:49 [AdrianP]
Dave: right
15:26:53 [AdrianP]
Dave: We would be interested into interchange from Jena, simple Jena rules
15:27:04 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: What aspects of BLD would you drop?
15:27:15 [AdrianP]
Dave: Core question is function symbols or not
15:27:23 [AdrianP]
Dave: recursion
15:27:58 [csma]
Dave proposed interchange between simple Jean rules and N3 as a use case for Core
15:28:00 [AdrianP]
Dave: ability to call built-ins, but not unrestricted functions and data structures
15:28:10 [csma]
s/Jean/Jena/
15:28:23 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Other features which should be droped?
15:28:43 [josb]
q+
15:28:44 [AdrianP]
Christian: You mentioned membership and classification
15:28:57 [AdrianP]
Dave: Depends on the goa of Core
15:29:24 [AdrianP]
Dave: If minimum intersection it should be removed
15:29:50 [AdrianP]
s/intersection/intersection is the goal/
15:30:10 [AdrianP]
Christian: You can not remove the ability to call built-ins from PRD
15:30:44 [AdrianP]
Christian: You can not remove frames, named arguments from PRD
15:31:00 [AdrianP]
Christian: to be compatible with Clips using named arguments
15:31:31 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Frames seem to be in the intersection
15:31:37 [AdrianP]
Dave: right
15:32:24 [AdrianP]
Christian: PRD in the first WD has named arguments since they are in BLD
15:32:50 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: list, frames should be in Core?
15:32:55 [josb]
q?
15:33:00 [AdrianP]
Harold: Yes, I think so
15:34:04 [AdrianP]
Dave: Have to think about it, if I can be editor
15:34:11 [AdrianP]
Harold: I would be also interested
15:34:34 [csma]
ack josb
15:34:53 [AdrianP]
Jos: Removing atomic formulas like classification, member, equality is good idea
15:35:03 [AdrianP]
Jos: Remove also disjunction from the body of rules
15:35:11 [AdrianP]
Jos: Makes processing easier
15:35:18 [AxelPolleres]
+1 to keep out disjunction ats well
15:35:29 [AxelPolleres]
s/ats/as/
15:35:29 [Harold]
I totally agree with removing disjunction from bodies of rules in Core.
15:35:37 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:35:37 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Test Cases" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:36:08 [Harold]
Adrian, I could scribe temporarily
15:36:09 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Test Cases are important since we are a standardization body
15:36:34 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: People need well-documented test cases
15:36:53 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: We need a test cases document
15:37:07 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: We postponed it to finish last call
15:37:13 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
15:37:13 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
15:37:19 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
15:37:39 [csma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Category:Test_Case
15:37:47 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
15:37:48 [Harold]
Adrian: Two wiki pages: old and new wiki pages
15:37:52 [csma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Arch/Test_Cases
15:38:28 [csma]
action: ChristopherW to add a link to test cases pages on the RIF front page
15:38:28 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ChristopherW
15:38:44 [Harold]
Chris: Links from main pages should be added.
15:38:48 [csma]
action: chris to add a link to test cases pages on the RIF front page
15:38:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-547 - Add a link to test cases pages on the RIF front page [on Christopher Welty - due 2008-08-12].
15:38:53 [Harold]
Adrian: Added interface for test cases.
15:38:55 [GaryHallmark]
GaryHallmark has joined #rif
15:39:04 [AdrianP]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Category:Test_Case
15:39:10 [Harold]
... Concrete implementation is platform-specific.
15:39:30 [Harold]
... But general interface is independent.
15:39:32 [AdrianP]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wg/wiki/Arch/Test_Cases
15:40:52 [Harold]
Adrian: Ex. in section "Categories of RIF Dialect test cases" at above URL.
15:41:20 [Harold]
... Can test if all test cases succeed.
15:41:45 [AxelPolleres]
Do you have something like SPROT in mind? i.e. we'd need to define an interface, result format, etc.
15:41:50 [Harold]
... E.g. built-in tests ares done in each rule engine, reached from the interface.
15:41:58 [Zakim]
-StellaMitchell
15:42:03 [StellaMitchell]
sorry, wrong button
15:42:10 [StellaMitchell]
calling back
15:42:13 [Harold]
s/ares/are/
15:42:49 [Harold]
Chris: Time and bandwidth? Both test cases editor and PRD editor?
15:42:53 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:43:01 [AxelPolleres]
cf. http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-protocol/
15:43:02 [Harold]
Adrian: Depends a bit on kinds of test cases.
15:43:08 [StellaMitchell]
zakim, ibm it temporarily me
15:43:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'ibm it temporarily me', StellaMitchell
15:43:24 [Harold]
... E.g., there are very general test cases.
15:43:24 [StellaMitchell]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
15:43:24 [Zakim]
+StellaMitchell; got it
15:43:40 [Harold]
Chris: Contingent on what we want to do with test cases document.
15:43:47 [GaryHallmark]
q+
15:44:04 [Harold]
Adrian: Yes, depends a bit on how general these test cases are.
15:44:44 [Harold]
Stella: Agree with Adrian.
15:44:54 [Harold]
Chris: Would you contribute to doc?
15:45:15 [Harold]
Stella: Yes, but cannot pile up all these test cases.
15:45:29 [Harold]
Chris: Of course, collaborative.
15:45:52 [Harold]
Stella: We should test both RIF consumers and producers.
15:46:04 [Harold]
Chris: Good point.
15:46:16 [Harold]
Gary: Do we have any (new) test cases?
15:46:28 [Harold]
... interesting ones?
15:46:41 [Harold]
... Corner cases of BLD and PRD.
15:47:20 [Harold]
Adrian: The idea is that only the interface is given, from which specific ones are generated.
15:47:37 [Harold]
Chris: Tricky to do test cases for an interchange format.
15:47:57 [Harold]
Adrian: Idea like for Built-ins. Library + Specific.
15:48:33 [Harold]
... Could also contribute to use case doc with Stella. But first place in my priorities is PRD.
15:48:40 [Harold]
Chris: OK
15:49:02 [Harold]
Gary: E.g. you could write ground facts and rules and test these.
15:49:04 [AdrianP]
here are some examples http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/Category:Test_Case
15:49:25 [Harold]
Chris: Not so much translation test cases.
15:49:59 [Harold]
Gary: Right. Need entailment test to help with understanding spec.
15:50:09 [AxelPolleres]
By entailment tests we mean just *qround* queries? but no non-ground queries?
15:50:14 [Harold]
Christian: We need to make sure that what we specify works.
15:50:22 [Harold]
... need exanples.
15:50:46 [Harold]
Gary: Yes, good test cases can show model-theoretic semantics.
15:50:57 [Harold]
... another way to show the implementation.
15:51:39 [Harold]
Christian: We should have test cases but they cannot say how things must be.
15:51:48 [Harold]
... You have to say something about semantics.
15:52:00 [Harold]
Chris: No one is for translation test cases?
15:52:22 [Harold]
Christian: Well, we need them but it's tricky: Several ways to translate some rules.
15:53:12 [Harold]
Chris: Just want to clarify if test cases are for exemplifying entailments or translations.
15:53:38 [Harold]
Christian: Mostly translation. Semantics must be linked to translation, too.
15:53:42 [LeoraMorgenstern]
If Stella is interested in help, I could help out.
15:54:13 [Harold]
Chris: Any one else interested become a test cases co-editor? Please let chairs know.
15:54:22 [StellaMitchell]
yes
15:54:25 [StellaMitchell]
yes Leora
15:54:28 [LeoraMorgenstern]
Okay, great.
15:54:41 [Harold]
Adrian: Will move the wiki page as discussed.
15:55:15 [ChrisW]
action: stella to work on test cases
15:55:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-548 - Work on test cases [on Stella Mitchell - due 2008-08-12].
15:55:20 [AdrianP]
ok
15:55:25 [ChrisW]
action: adrian to work on test cases
15:55:25 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - adrian
15:55:25 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. agiurca, apaschke)
15:55:37 [ChrisW]
action: apaschke to work on test cases
15:55:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-549 - Work on test cases [on Adrian Paschke - due 2008-08-12].
15:55:44 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:55:44 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, ChrisW
15:55:47 [ChrisW]
q?
15:55:50 [ChrisW]
ack g
15:55:53 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
15:55:53 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "FLD" taken up [from ChrisW]
15:55:57 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:55:57 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:56:07 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:56:07 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:56:35 [AdrianP]
Michael: FLD needs some improvement in the ways it is defined
15:56:45 [AdrianP]
Michael: right now it is not extensible enough
15:57:24 [AdrianP]
Michael: e.g. connectives can not be easily added
15:57:38 [AdrianP]
Michael: define signatures for connectives
15:57:58 [AdrianP]
Michael: treat connectives like symbols
15:58:27 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: should we start trying to get people from other communities to look at FLD
15:58:37 [AdrianP]
Michael: yes, would be good
15:59:10 [AxelPolleres]
I could contact ALP (Association of Logic Programming)
15:59:24 [AdrianP]
Michael: I don't know how lively this publication has been circulated
15:59:45 [AdrianP]
Michael: Sandro's announcement has not been widely circulated
16:00:19 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: advertising and circulation is our job. We should send it to the lists
16:00:33 [AdrianP]
Michael: also BLD
16:01:05 [Harold]
Sandro had sent this http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2008Aug/0002.html
16:01:26 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: send an announcement to the mailing where you are on
16:02:07 [AdrianP]
Christian: we must make sure that any interested group gets informed about last call
16:02:36 [AdrianP]
Christian: If you know any group who might be interested, please inform them
16:02:50 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: you might use the text from Sandro's mail
16:03:01 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Let's compile a list of experts
16:04:07 [AdrianP]
Christian: We should start a page so that people and mailing lists are not contacted twice
16:04:31 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:04:31 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
16:04:44 [ChrisW]
action: christian to start a wiki page for recording mailing list announcements sent
16:04:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-550 - Start a wiki page for recording mailing list announcements sent [on Christian de Sainte Marie - due 2008-08-12].
16:04:56 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:04:56 [Zakim]
agendum 8. "DTB" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:05:22 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:05:22 [Zakim]
agendum 8 was just opened, ChrisW
16:05:57 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Casting function described in DTB from IRI to String is not a function
16:06:14 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: We discussed it some weeks ago; no strong oppinion
16:06:34 [AdrianP]
Axel: Preferd to leave it as it is defined in DTB now
16:06:53 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: 3 people prefered to remove it; drafted a resolution
16:06:53 [AxelPolleres]
q+
16:06:56 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Remove section 4.3.5 (casting function for rif:iri) from DTB.
16:07:39 [AdrianP]
Axel: I wanted to have it published in the working draft and see if there is any feedback
16:07:46 [Harold]
I agree.
16:07:59 [AdrianP]
Axel: I would not drop it immediately and wait for feedback
16:08:05 [AxelPolleres]
:-)
16:08:18 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: alternative would be to drop it and then wait for feedback
16:08:27 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: We can later reopen it
16:08:56 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Remove section 4.3.5 (casting function for rif:iri) from DTB.
16:09:18 [josb]
+1
16:09:34 [AxelPolleres]
-\epsilon
16:09:39 [Harold]
0
16:09:42 [AdrianP]
0
16:09:50 [DaveReynolds]
0
16:09:53 [ChrisW]
+1
16:10:01 [GaryHallmark]
0
16:10:08 [MichaelKifer]
+1
16:10:17 [StellaMitchell]
+1
16:10:24 [ChrisW]
CSMA: +1
16:10:38 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Remove section 4.3.5 (casting function for rif:iri) from DTB.
16:10:48 [ChrisW]
action: axel to remove section 4.3.5 from dtb
16:10:48 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-551 - Remove section 4.3.5 from dtb [on Axel Polleres - due 2008-08-12].
16:12:11 [AdrianP]
Axel: Editor notes need to be done
16:12:28 [AdrianP]
Axel: I would summarize then and categorize them in an eMail
16:13:02 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Guard predicates need to be discussed as far as I remember
16:13:11 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Yes, please summarize them
16:13:25 [ChrisW]
action: axel to summarize open DTB issues in editors notes
16:13:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-552 - Summarize open DTB issues in editors notes [on Axel Polleres - due 2008-08-12].
16:13:31 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:13:31 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, ChrisW
16:13:34 [ChrisW]
q?
16:13:36 [ChrisW]
ack a
16:13:38 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:13:38 [Zakim]
agendum 9. "PRD" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:14:00 [AdrianP]
Christian: lots of issues, editor notes
16:14:10 [AdrianP]
Christian: we started to discuss one of them
16:14:22 [AdrianP]
Christian: still many things to do till last call
16:14:53 [AdrianP]
Christian: all issues need to be discussed and we need to find a consensus
16:15:41 [AdrianP]
Christian: I will be on vacations by the end of August; other ILog staff members
16:15:55 [AdrianP]
Christian: so no input from the ILog side
16:16:05 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
16:16:05 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
16:16:24 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Gary and Adrian have voluntiered to help as editors
16:17:03 [AdrianP]
Christian: DTB should work for PRD as well
16:17:26 [AdrianP]
Michael: Semantics for conditions is the same for PRD and BLD
16:17:40 [AdrianP]
Michael: rephrase the semantics of PRD according to BLD
16:18:15 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: update semantics of condition part of PRD
16:18:17 [ChrisW]
action: adrian to work on making PRD conditions equivalent to BLD conditions
16:18:17 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - adrian
16:18:17 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. agiurca, apaschke)
16:18:32 [ChrisW]
action: apaschke to work on making PRD conditions equivalent to BLD conditions
16:18:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-553 - Work on making PRD conditions equivalent to BLD conditions [on Adrian Paschke - due 2008-08-12].
16:19:22 [AdrianP]
Adrian: What about presentation syntax? Open questions use :- or =>
16:19:31 [AdrianP]
Christian: Wait for feedback
16:19:46 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: Shall we lively ask for feedback
16:20:06 [AdrianP]
Christian: Get as many as much early feedback as we can
16:20:27 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: People should start to disseminate to groups, companies, people
16:22:51 [AdrianP]
Christian: On the actions side we need a strawman about expressive actions
16:22:56 [AdrianP]
Christian: Gary?
16:23:03 [AdrianP]
Gary: Skolem functions
16:23:17 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: action about object creation action
16:23:18 [ChrisW]
action: gary to work on object creation action for PRD
16:23:18 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-554 - Work on object creation action for PRD [on Gary Hallmark - due 2008-08-12].
16:25:20 [AdrianP]
Gary: interoperate and exchange frame axioms
16:26:10 [AdrianP]
ChrisW: I would be concerened, since we would define RIF in RIF
16:26:43 [ChrisW]
action: gary to draft email on "frame axioms" for capturing semantics of PRD frames
16:26:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-555 - Draft email on \"frame axioms\" for capturing semantics of PRD frames [on Gary Hallmark - due 2008-08-12].
16:27:36 [ChrisW]
zakim, next item
16:27:36 [Zakim]
agendum 10. "AOB" taken up [from ChrisW]
16:27:54 [Zakim]
-MichaelKifer
16:27:58 [Zakim]
-josb
16:27:59 [ChrisW]
zakim, list attendees
16:27:59 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +1.212.781.aaaa, LeoraMorgenstern, ChrisW, +39.047.101.aabb, josb, StellaMitchell, AxelPolleres, csma, +49.351.463.4.aacc, AdrianP,
16:28:01 [Zakim]
... DaveReynolds, Harold, Gary_Hallmark, +1.631.833.aadd, MichaelKifer
16:28:03 [Zakim]
-StellaMitchell
16:28:03 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
16:28:07 [Zakim]
-DaveReynolds
16:28:07 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
16:28:08 [Zakim]
-LeoraMorgenstern
16:28:08 [Zakim]
AdrianP was not muted, AdrianP
16:28:10 [Zakim]
-Harold
16:28:13 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
16:28:32 [ChrisW]
Regrets: Sandro Hawke MohamedZergaoui
16:28:41 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:28:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-rif-minutes.html ChrisW
16:28:56 [AdrianP]
\ChrisW: I would be concerened, since we would define RIF in RIF\Christian: I would be concerened, since we would define RIF in RIF\
16:29:07 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:29:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ChrisW, csma, AdrianP
16:30:37 [Zakim]
-ChrisW
16:31:07 [Zakim]
-csma
16:31:09 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
16:31:10 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.212.781.aaaa, LeoraMorgenstern, ChrisW, +39.047.101.aabb, josb, StellaMitchell, AxelPolleres, csma, +49.351.463.4.aacc, AdrianP, DaveReynolds, Harold,
16:31:12 [Zakim]
... Gary_Hallmark, +1.631.833.aadd, MichaelKifer