IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-07-31

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:55:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-wai-wcag-irc
19:55:28 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:55:30 [MichaelC]
meeting: WAI WCAG
19:55:42 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta Guarino Reid
19:57:13 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:57:29 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
19:59:54 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:21 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-WCAG
20:01:36 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:08 [bengt]
zakim, wake up ..
20:02:08 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'wake up', bengt
20:03:03 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:28 [bengt]
haha, its over 30c in the shade
20:03:37 [awk]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:03:49 [Zakim]
awk, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P4 (91%), ??P7 (4%)
20:04:00 [Ben]
zakim, who is here?
20:04:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see no one
20:04:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Andi, awk, Christophe, Loretta, bengt, RRSAgent, Zakim, rellero, Ben, MichaelC
20:04:19 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:22 [bengt]
all make noise and we will see them
20:07:05 [Christophe]
zakim, are you on holiday?
20:07:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Christophe.
20:07:58 [Ralph]
Ralph has joined #wai-wcag
20:08:38 [rellero]
i'I'm Roberto Ellero
20:08:48 [rellero]
no response by zakim
20:09:30 [Zakim]
restarting in 1 minute to recover bridge connection
20:10:58 [awk]
if not one of us might be able to conference you in Sofia
20:11:43 [MichaelC]
scribe: Christophe
20:12:01 [Christophe]
Topic: Announcements
20:13:05 [Ben]
Present: Katie_Haritos-Shea, Andrew_KirkPatrick, Bruce_Bailey, Tim_Boland, Ben_Caldwell, Bengt_Farre, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Loretta_Guarino-Reid, Christophe_Strobbe, Michael_Cooper, Karl_Groves, Don_Evans, Alex_Li, Roberto_Ellero, Sofia_Celic
20:13:41 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:13:53 [Ralph]
zakim, this is wcag
20:13:53 [Zakim]
ok, Ralph; that matches WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
20:13:59 [Ralph]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:13:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.703.245.aaaa, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, ??P1, +1.617.219.aabb, +1.202.463.aacc, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, ??P9, Christophe_Strobbe, Cooper, ??P10, +1.443.889.aadd,
20:14:02 [Zakim]
... Don, [Microsoft], +1.410.961.aaee
20:14:44 [awk]
Q+
20:14:52 [MichaelC]
present+ Cynthia_Shelly
20:15:01 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.617 is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:15:01 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
20:15:02 [Loretta]
ack awk
20:17:13 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.202 is Karl_Groves
20:17:13 [Zakim]
+Karl_Groves; got it
20:17:24 [Christophe]
Topic: Miscellaneous Proposals for 31 July 2008
20:17:32 [Christophe]
Results: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080731/results
20:18:24 [Ralph]
Ralph has left #wai-wcag
20:19:29 [rellero]
zakim, ??P10 is Roberto_Ellero
20:19:29 [Zakim]
I already had ??P10 as Katie_Haritos-Shea?, rellero
20:24:16 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/#conforming-alternate-versiondef
20:31:24 [awk]
A conforming alternate version may in some cases be based only upon changes to the presentation of a page.
20:31:41 [Christophe]
action: Michael to add additional explanation to Understanding Conforming Alternate Versions specifying that alternative presentations can also be alternate versions
20:32:56 [Loretta]
ack cyn
20:33:06 [awk]
Q+
20:34:38 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea?
20:35:52 [awk]
q-
20:39:42 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:50:33 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:54:59 [Christophe]
Topic: Sufficient technique for Conformance Requirement 1: Using a style switcher to provide a conforming alternate version
20:55:35 [Christophe]
Resolution: accepted as amended
20:55:45 [Christophe]
Topic: Issue 2612: inconsistency with G122
20:56:19 [Ben]
zakim, mute bruce
20:56:19 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should now be muted
20:57:23 [Andi]
q+
20:59:42 [Loretta]
ack q
20:59:46 [Loretta]
ack a
21:16:59 [rellero]
rellero has left #wai-wcag
21:17:24 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
21:19:40 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-WCAG
21:27:20 [Christophe]
Action: Andrew to write a sufficient technique for 3.3.2 about labelling required fields
21:27:36 [Christophe]
Resolution: leave issue 2612 open
21:27:50 [awk]
awk has left #wai-wcag
21:28:41 [Zakim]
-Don_Evans
21:28:42 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:28:43 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:28:43 [Zakim]
-Don
21:28:45 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:28:47 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell?
21:28:49 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:28:49 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:28:50 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:28:51 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:28:55 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
21:29:59 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre?
21:31:51 [Christophe_S]
Christophe_S has joined #wai-WCAG
21:32:07 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:36:02 [Ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
21:36:02 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-wai-wcag-irc#T21-36-02
21:36:25 [Ben]
zakim, bye
21:36:25 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +1.703.245.aaaa, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, +1.617.219.aabb, +1.202.463.aacc, Alex_Li, Tim_Boland, Christophe_Strobbe, Cooper,
21:36:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:36:28 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
21:36:28 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:36:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to add additional explanation to Understanding Conforming Alternate Versions specifying that alternative presentations can also be alternate versions [1]
21:36:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-wai-wcag-irc#T20-31-41
21:36:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to write a sufficient technique for 3.3.2 about labelling required fields [2]
21:36:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/31-wai-wcag-irc#T21-27-20
21:36:28 [Zakim]
... +1.443.889.aadd, Don, +1.410.961.aaee, Cynthia_Shelly, Bruce_Bailey, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Karl_Groves, Don_Evans, Ben_Caldwell?, Bengt_Farre?, Katie_Haritos-Shea?,
21:36:31 [Zakim]
... Roberto_Ellero, Katie_Haritos-Shea