IRC log of soap-jms on 2008-07-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:47:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:47:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/29-soap-jms-irc
15:47:19 [rmerric]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Jul/0020.html
15:48:13 [rmerric]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:48:35 [rmerric]
Zakim, this will be WS_SOAP-JM
15:48:36 [Zakim]
ok, rmerric; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
15:49:33 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
15:57:56 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:58:03 [Zakim]
+Roland
15:58:27 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
15:59:27 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
15:59:36 [Zakim]
+Peter_Easton
15:59:52 [Phil]
Zakim, [IBM] is Phil
15:59:52 [Zakim]
sorry, Phil, I do not recognize a party named '[IBM]'
15:59:59 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:00:26 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:00:40 [Phil]
Zakim, [IBM] is Phil
16:00:40 [Zakim]
+Phil; got it
16:01:35 [Zakim]
+Derek
16:01:54 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.956.aaaa
16:02:13 [Zakim]
+Yves
16:02:24 [Roland]
Zakim, aaaa is Bhakti
16:02:24 [Zakim]
+Bhakti; got it
16:02:46 [bhakti]
bhakti has joined #soap-jms
16:04:32 [Zakim]
+alewis
16:05:25 [Zakim]
+[TIBCO]
16:05:51 [Roland]
Zakim, TIBCO is Eric
16:05:51 [Zakim]
+Eric; got it
16:06:24 [Zakim]
+Glen_Daniels
16:06:30 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:06:55 [eric]
scribe: eric
16:07:15 [eric]
Eric's action item - not complete.
16:07:26 [eric]
Phil's action item - writing initial test cases - done.
16:07:40 [Roland]
Topic: test cases
16:08:00 [Roland]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Jul/0018.html
16:12:22 [eric]
Phil walking us through the sample test case.
16:12:33 [eric]
Phil thinks we should use an XML format, as Glen suggested.
16:12:56 [eric]
Phil: not likely that we can use exactly what WS-Addressing does, but maybe only a small delta.
16:13:45 [eric]
Glen: Yes - use something similar, but with some different slots - probably different tweaks.
16:14:05 [eric]
Roland: Are you familiar with the format Glen?
16:14:25 [eric]
Glen: not really.
16:14:33 [eric]
Glen: I can do the XML end.
16:14:41 [eric]
Eric: I can work the XSLT side of the problem.
16:15:39 [eric]
Glen: Can try to work on the XML changes this week.
16:15:43 [eric]
Roland: End of this week?
16:17:12 [eric]
Roland: Next test to generate might be one that generates a fault....
16:17:27 [eric]
Phil: Might require some additional XML changes
16:17:41 [eric]
... Also, how should we define the JMS properties that appear on the message.
16:19:14 [eric]
... looking to capture the information to evaluate the results in a programmatic way. XMLified version of the message - capture the test cases in such a way that we can automate later - possibly.
16:20:10 [eric]
(speaker ?) How does the WS-Addressing case deal with SOAP action.
16:20:43 [eric]
Phil: WS-Addressing describes elements within the SOAP message.
16:20:53 [eric]
(speaker ? ) --> peaston
16:20:56 [Yves]
the HTTP binding of SOAP gives direction on where to put SOAP Action (like in mime type parameters for SOAP 1.2)
16:21:56 [eric]
Roland: we're also saying where we put things in the JMS message.
16:22:18 [eric]
peaston: Have appropriate sub-elements in the XML to define what is needed....?
16:22:29 [eric]
... is that what glen is working on the airport.
16:23:22 [eric]
action: peaston to work on the XML format for test cases (not glen)
16:23:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-17 - Work on the XML format for test cases (not glen) [on Peter Easton - due 2008-08-05].
16:24:40 [eric]
Roland: I made changes to the spec after last week's call...
16:24:43 [Roland]
Topic: SOAP-JMS spec
16:24:46 [Roland]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8
16:25:54 [eric]
Added sections showing how to set the message properties. (2.2.2.1, 2.2.3.1)
16:28:57 [eric]
Action: eric to come up with more example text for section 2.2.3.1 or 2.2.2.1
16:28:57 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-18 - Come up with more example text for section 2.2.3.1 or 2.2.2.1 [on Eric Johnson - due 2008-08-05].
16:30:15 [eric]
Final topic - comment related to WS-Addressing:
16:30:21 [Roland]
Topic: WS-Addressing comment on FPWD
16:32:43 [eric]
Roland: Should we publish a primer or FAQ that addresses the question of WS-Addressing, that explains why we shouldn't worry about it?
16:33:08 [eric]
Amy: WS-Addressing question out of scope
16:34:19 [eric]
action: bhakti to write up an answer to the question of WS-Addressing.
16:34:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-19 - Write up an answer to the question of WS-Addressing. [on Bhakti Mehta - due 2008-08-05].
16:35:07 [eric]
Roland: Sent an email today whether or not we can pass along our previous work on this same question.
16:38:11 [eric]
Roland: to bhakti - don't rush to get action item done, while we look to get clearance on previous materials that were not submitted to W3C.
16:38:23 [eric]
peaston: Was WS-RM part of previous materials?
16:38:26 [eric]
Roland: Yes.
16:38:41 [eric]
peaston: Almost certainly the next question people will ask....
16:41:00 [eric]
Action: Glen to write note to a mailing list summarizing the opinion of the group, that WS-Addressing is out of scope, but we understand the question, we will develop FAQ materials.
16:41:00 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-20 - Write note to a mailing list summarizing the opinion of the group, that WS-Addressing is out of scope, but we understand the question, we will develop FAQ materials. [on Glen Daniels - due 2008-08-05].
16:42:17 [eric]
Roland: not talking about making a lot of changes - everyone should work through the details of the spec to find out all of the remaining work to do before a last call.
16:42:59 [eric]
... next week's call is last call for Roland for a month. If there are other people on holiday during that period, perhaps there might be calls to cancel.
16:44:00 [eric]
Any other business.
16:44:05 [eric]
End of call.
16:44:05 [Zakim]
-Bhakti
16:44:07 [Zakim]
-Roland
16:44:08 [Zakim]
-Derek
16:44:09 [Zakim]
-Glen_Daniels
16:44:09 [Zakim]
-Phil
16:44:09 [Zakim]
-Eric
16:44:11 [Zakim]
-Yves
16:44:17 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:44:19 [Roland]
Regrets: Mark
16:44:25 [Zakim]
-Peter_Easton
16:44:27 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:44:29 [Zakim]
Attendees were Roland, Peter_Easton, Phil, Derek, +1.408.956.aaaa, Yves, Bhakti, alewis, Eric, Glen_Daniels
16:44:33 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:44:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/29-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
16:44:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/29-soap-jms-minutes.html Yves
16:44:43 [Roland]
rrsagent, Make log public
16:46:05 [Roland]
zakim, please part
16:46:05 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms
16:58:42 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms