IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-07-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:55:52 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-wai-wcag-irc
19:55:57 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
19:56:04 [MichaelC]
meeting: WCAG
19:56:48 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008JulSep/0013.html
19:56:55 [rscano]
rscano has joined #wai-wcag
19:56:56 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:57:02 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
19:57:26 [MichaelC]
agemda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 24 July 2008 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080724misc/results
19:57:33 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 24 July 2008 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080724misc/results
19:58:07 [MichaelC]
regrets: Christophe_Strobbe, Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic
20:00:06 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
20:00:12 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:00:38 [Ben_]
Ben_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:51 [Ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone
20:00:51 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Ben_
20:00:57 [Ben_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:00:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3
20:01:05 [Ben_]
zakim, ??P3 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:01:05 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:01:09 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:01:12 [Ben_]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
20:01:12 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:01:24 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:01:30 [rscano]
zakim, ??P5 is Roberto_Scano
20:01:30 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Scano; got it
20:01:35 [rscano]
zakim, I am Roberto_Scano
20:01:35 [Zakim]
ok, rscano, I now associate you with Roberto_Scano
20:02:03 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:02:41 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:02:56 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aaaa
20:03:00 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:03:00 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:03:17 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:03:34 [awk1]
awk1 has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:08 [Zakim]
+??P1
20:04:20 [rellero]
zakim, ??P1 is Roberto_Ellero
20:04:20 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:04:32 [rscano]
David - The Tiger of Mompracem :-)
20:05:11 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:06:11 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:19 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:07:30 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
20:09:42 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/CR-eval/
20:10:08 [Andi]
Status: 10 implementations received. See http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/CR-eval/
20:10:48 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:11:48 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:11:50 [Zakim]
+Don
20:11:59 [MichaelC]
zakim, take up item 2
20:11:59 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 24 July 2008 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080724misc/results" taken up [from MichaelC]
20:12:17 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:12:26 [Zakim]
+??P15
20:12:33 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:12:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P15 is Karl_Groves
20:12:53 [Zakim]
+Karl_Groves; got it
20:13:09 [Andi]
Proposals for 2599, 2606, 2607, 2608, and 2611 accepted by unanimous consent
20:13:37 [Andi]
topic: Issue 2610: Should C16 also refer to SC 2.4.7?
20:13:49 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
20:18:04 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
20:19:03 [rellero]
rellero has left #wai-wcag
20:19:17 [rellero]
rellero has joined #wai-wcag
20:20:55 [Andi]
action: David to look at combining C15 and C16
20:21:21 [Andi]
topic: Issue 2611: Understanding 3.2.2
20:23:28 [Andi]
topic: Sufficient technique for 3.3.5: Using the title attribute to provide context-sensitive help
20:25:27 [Andi]
resolution: accept Ben's edit and move technique "Using the title attribute to provide context-sensitive help" as advisory
20:25:58 [Andi]
action: Cynthia to edit technique to add use of label when title is used in this way
20:27:11 [Andi]
topic: User Agent Note for H37 Using alt attributes on img elements
20:28:40 [Loretta]
Documents that load images, when the image format is not an accessibility-supported content technology.
20:42:29 [Zakim]
-Karl_Groves
20:44:19 [Andi]
action: Andrew to contact AT vendors to find out about current or past limitations on alt text size
20:49:40 [awk1]
#41
20:49:57 [awk1]
Q+
20:50:28 [Loretta]
ack d
20:50:48 [Loretta]
q+
20:50:55 [Zakim]
-Don
20:51:37 [Zakim]
+Don
20:54:30 [Loretta]
ack a
20:56:58 [David_MacDonald]
q+
20:57:14 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
20:57:16 [Andi]
topic: Proposal for non-W3C Technologies
21:01:05 [awk1]
q+
21:01:08 [Loretta]
ack l
21:03:28 [Loretta]
q+
21:04:32 [Loretta]
ack d
21:06:21 [Loretta]
ack c
21:07:29 [Loretta]
ack a
21:08:02 [David_MacDonald]
q+
21:09:49 [Loretta]
ack g
21:15:29 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
21:17:28 [Loretta]
ack l
21:18:54 [awk1]
q+
21:19:37 [Loretta]
ack d
21:19:49 [Loretta]
Sorry, Don!
21:19:56 [Loretta]
ack david
21:20:05 [Loretta]
Don is next in queue
21:21:47 [Ben_]
q+
21:22:52 [Andi]
q+
21:24:25 [Loretta]
ack synth
21:24:33 [Loretta]
ack cynth
21:29:24 [Loretta]
ack gregg
21:29:38 [Loretta]
q+
21:31:21 [Loretta]
ack awk
21:31:28 [Loretta]
ack ben
21:34:56 [greggvanderheiden]
q+
21:35:06 [Loretta]
ack andi
21:38:44 [Ben_]
Regrets+ Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:40:00 [Loretta]
ack l
21:40:41 [Loretta]
ack cynth
21:42:56 [Loretta]
ack g
21:45:18 [Loretta]
q+
21:47:55 [rscano]
rscano has left #wai-wcag
21:48:02 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Scano
21:50:16 [Ben_]
ack Lor
21:50:37 [Andi]
q+
21:51:23 [greggvanderheiden]
ack c
21:52:32 [greggvanderheiden]
ack a
21:54:40 [Loretta]
q+
21:55:03 [greggvanderheiden]
ack a
21:57:36 [Loretta]
ack l
21:59:15 [David_MacDonald]
q+
22:00:11 [Loretta]
ack d
22:04:50 [Loretta]
ack cyn
22:08:44 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
22:08:51 [Loretta]
ack d
22:27:01 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:27:03 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:27:03 [Zakim]
-Don
22:27:04 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:27:06 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:27:14 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:27:37 [awk1]
awk1 has left #wai-wcag
22:27:47 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:27:49 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:27:51 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:27:52 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:27:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were Bruce_Bailey, Ben_Caldwell, Roberto_Scano, Cooper, +1.617.584.aaaa, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, David_MacDonald, Roberto_Ellero, Loretta_Guarino_Reid,
22:27:55 [Zakim]
... Cynthia_Shelly, Don, Tim_Boland, Karl_Groves
22:36:58 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
22:37:19 [Ben]
zakim, bye
22:37:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:37:28 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
22:37:28 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:37:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to look at combining C15 and C16 [1]
22:37:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-wai-wcag-irc#T20-20-55
22:37:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia to edit technique to add use of label when title is used in this way [2]
22:37:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-wai-wcag-irc#T20-25-58
22:37:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to contact AT vendors to find out about current or past limitations on alt text size [3]
22:37:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-wai-wcag-irc#T20-44-19