IRC log of svg on 2008-07-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

10:31:16 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #svg
10:31:16 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-svg-irc
10:31:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
10:31:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #svg
10:31:20 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be GA_SVGWG
10:31:20 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see GA_SVGWG()6:30AM scheduled to start now
10:31:21 [trackbot]
Meeting: SVG Working Group Teleconference
10:31:21 [trackbot]
Date: 24 July 2008
10:31:43 [Zakim]
GA_SVGWG()6:30AM has now started
10:31:50 [Zakim]
+??P0
10:31:52 [heycam]
Zakim, ??P0 is me
10:31:52 [Zakim]
+heycam; got it
10:32:02 [Zakim]
+??P1
10:32:04 [Zakim]
-??P1
10:32:36 [Zakim]
+??P1
10:32:41 [ed_]
Zakim, ??P1 is me
10:32:41 [Zakim]
+ed_; got it
10:33:47 [heycam]
Zakim, call doug
10:33:48 [Zakim]
I am sorry, heycam; I do not know a number for doug
10:33:50 [heycam]
Zakim, call schepers
10:33:50 [Zakim]
I am sorry, heycam; I do not know a number for schepers
10:33:54 [heycam]
Zakim, call shepazu
10:33:54 [Zakim]
ok, heycam; the call is being made
10:33:55 [Zakim]
+Shepazu
10:35:57 [Zakim]
+Chris
10:36:08 [ChrisL]
ChrisL has joined #svg
10:36:26 [ed_]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/actions/2054 close?
10:36:47 [ChrisL]
rrsagent, here
10:36:47 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-svg-irc#T10-36-47
10:37:03 [ed_]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0084.html
10:37:16 [ChrisL]
ScribeNick: ChrisL
10:37:21 [ChrisL]
Scribe: Chris
10:37:30 [ChrisL]
Chair: Erik
10:37:47 [ChrisL]
Topic: test-fest
10:37:47 [ChrisL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0075.html
10:38:16 [ChrisL]
ED: Andrew confirmed they can host, asks for resolution to agree to the location
10:38:27 [ChrisL]
(no objections)
10:39:17 [ChrisL]
Resolved: Test Fest will be held in Ottawa, 29 Sept - 2 Oct
10:39:52 [ChrisL]
Topic: SVG in HTML
10:39:52 [ChrisL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0077.html
10:39:52 [ChrisL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/ (various feedback)
10:40:21 [ChrisL]
ED: The location of the test fest shuld be announced btw. AE is on vacation
10:40:26 [ChrisL]
DS; I can announce it
10:40:37 [ChrisL]
s/;/:/
10:40:54 [ChrisL]
ED: Lets ask for a front page news item
10:41:19 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Doug talk to Ian Jacobs about wide announcement of test fest including front page news item
10:41:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2114 - Talk to Ian Jacobs about wide announcement of test fest including front page news item [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-07-31].
10:42:00 [ChrisL]
ED: OK back to SVG in HTML. Ian responded to our proposal. Made upa broken example and says it works fdifferently in our proposal
10:42:50 [ChrisL]
CL: his ecxample is contrived, while his proposal invalidated large amnounts of existing valid content produced by common authoring tools
10:43:51 [ChrisL]
ED; In the above mail I gave 2 examples, replace p with a or add a metadata then what do you expect?
10:44:20 [ChrisL]
... confident there is little content actually existing which are broken in that particular way
10:44:52 [ChrisL]
DS: He has searched for that one example, clearly. He claims it will become a more common error once people copy it
10:47:02 [ChrisL]
CL: Its important to preserve the large amount of existing content 9eg, stuff with metadata) which works. Occasional screwcases that dont work anyway in existing browsers are much less important and there are a lot less of them
10:47:52 [ChrisL]
ED: I will convey this to the HTML WG
10:52:30 [ChrisL]
DS; What we really want is SVG in all the major browsers, including IE
10:53:24 [ChrisL]
ED: OpenAjax Alliance poll put SVG in top position of desirable features
10:54:17 [ChrisL]
CL: Its interesting that it scored so highly, above specifically ajax-related things
10:54:50 [ChrisL]
ED: Chris Wilson posted with questions on how the dom works, thought the proposal was clear, we could explain more that its the same document and the same dom
10:55:43 [ChrisL]
CL: Either clarify if its unclear, or point to the current wording in a clarificatory followup
10:56:12 [ChrisL]
CMcC; They are comparing it to xml islands, so thats how I responded
10:56:28 [ChrisL]
DS: Single tree, dom gets the methods from both html and svg
10:57:20 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Erik respond to the messages on SVG in HTML, making it cleaer that its the same DOM - if needed update the proposal too
10:57:21 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2115 - Respond to the messages on SVG in HTML, making it cleaer that its the same DOM - if needed update the proposal too [on Erik Dahlström - due 2008-07-31].
11:09:07 [ChrisL]
Topic: CSS 3 Color
11:09:07 [ChrisL]
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-color/
11:13:36 [ChrisL]
CL: They removed flavor which is good, and color management via CSS which is unfortunate but since its untestable this is understandable
11:14:01 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Chris review css 3 color and report back to SVG WG
11:14:01 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2116 - Review css 3 color and report back to SVG WG [on Chris Lilley - due 2008-07-31].
11:15:14 [ChrisL]
ED: Firefox support the HSL colours, we could adopt it later
11:16:25 [ed_]
s/Firefox support the HSL colours,/Firefox support the HSL colours syntax in svg too,/
11:17:54 [ChrisL]
CL: If they do RGBA, we really need to test that in combination with opacity
11:18:13 [ChrisL]
Topic: Test coverage / action status update
11:18:13 [ChrisL]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Group/wiki/TestCoverage
11:18:13 [ChrisL]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Tiny_12
11:18:42 [ChrisL]
The other requiredFonts test is in progress but not yet ready for review
11:18:56 [ChrisL]
DS: Added two extra switch tests
11:19:27 [ChrisL]
ED: I added some tests for script handler and listener, three tests added to table to be reviewed
11:19:35 [ChrisL]
... still some untested assertions
11:20:12 [ChrisL]
.. its a good increase in coverage for the scripting section
11:20:25 [ChrisL]
s/.. its/... its/
11:22:56 [ChrisL]
CL: Doug could you take the class attr test? it just needs some class attr, with and without spaces, then check they are in the dom (test on full string, perhaps on substrings too to allow for collapsing of multiple spaces)
11:24:54 [ChrisL]
CL: Its just testing its in the DOM
11:25:03 [ChrisL]
ED: Reviewers for my three tests?
11:25:26 [ed_]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/Tiny_12
11:26:09 [ChrisL]
CL; I will add my tests there too
11:27:24 [ChrisL]
ED: script-listener-204-t.svg, script-listener-203-t.svg, script-handler-203-t.svg
11:27:37 [ChrisL]
CMcC: I can do those three, Can you do mine?
11:28:31 [ChrisL]
CL: Reviewer for struct-cond-208-t
11:28:44 [ChrisL]
DS: I can do that one
11:28:53 [heycam]
ed_, my three tests for you to review are udom-svg-{238,239,240}-t
11:29:43 [ChrisL]
DS: I can do struct-cond-211-t as wel once its finished
11:29:55 [ed_]
ACTION: ed to review udom-svg-{238,239,240}-t
11:29:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2117 - Review udom-svg-{238,239,240}-t [on Erik Dahlström - due 2008-07-31].
11:31:30 [heycam]
ACTION: cameron to review script-listener-20[34]-t and script-handle-203-t
11:31:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2118 - Review script-listener-20[34]-t and script-handle-203-t [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-07-31].
11:32:08 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Doug review struct-cond-208 and struct-cond-211 requiredFonts tests
11:32:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2119 - Review struct-cond-208 and struct-cond-211 requiredFonts tests [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-07-31].
11:34:42 [ChrisL]
That swiss implementation which does SVGT1.2 including SVG video looks interesting, and they are keep to take part in the test fest
11:36:17 [ChrisL]
Topic: getBBox tests
11:36:18 [ChrisL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0149.html
11:37:23 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Doug to thank Julien Reichel and get him to execute the test contribution agreement
11:37:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2120 - Thank Julien Reichel and get him to execute the test contribution agreement [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-07-31].
11:37:48 [ChrisL]
DS: This is the nice thing about working in public. Didn't I make tests for bbox already?
11:38:07 [ChrisL]
ED: Yes, check they have been added. BitFlash also contributed some
11:39:46 [ChrisL]
Topic: Question about getURL() (SVGT 1.2)
11:39:47 [ChrisL]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0151.html
11:43:23 [ChrisL]
CL: For XML the implementation should of course be allowed to look at the BOM and xml encoding declaration to see what the encoding is, if the http charset parameter is missing. Should not be forced to treat as us-ascii
11:43:25 [heycam]
CM: is the current wording meant to preclude using getURL() with non-text/* content-types?
11:43:40 [heycam]
CM: or does it just say "if the content-type *is* text/*, then decode it in this way"?
11:43:44 [ed_]
http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/svgudom.html#svg__AsyncURLStatus
11:43:53 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Chris respond to Julien on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0151.html re getURL
11:43:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2121 - Respond to Julien on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0151.html re getURL [on Chris Lilley - due 2008-07-31].
11:44:08 [ed_]
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/svgudom.html#svg__AsyncURLStatus
11:44:54 [ChrisL]
CMcC: Check current spec
11:47:18 [ChrisL]
ED: (checks spec on content property for async url)
11:49:36 [ChrisL]
DOMstring is UTF-16 so some bit patterns are not allowed
11:50:54 [ChrisL]
CMcC: But that is not checked by implementations
11:51:03 [ChrisL]
CL: Will send draft here first for checking
11:51:22 [ChrisL]
Topic: ISSUE-2004
11:51:22 [ChrisL]
http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2004
11:51:31 [ChrisL]
close ISSUE-2004
11:51:47 [ChrisL]
trackbot, close ISSUE-2004
11:51:47 [trackbot]
Sorry, ChrisL, I don't understand 'trackbot, close ISSUE-2004'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
11:52:19 [ChrisL]
ED: Do we have tests for this ? Yes it was based on a test case, but float is not tested eg SVGMatix
11:52:54 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Cameron write a test for passing Nan and inf to methods in udom that take floats
11:52:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2122 - Write a test for passing Nan and inf to methods in udom that take floats [on Cameron McCormack - due 2008-07-31].
11:54:36 [shepazu]
Topic: SVG Effects For CSS
11:54:41 [shepazu]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Jul/0146.html http://people.mozilla.com/~roc/SVG-CSS-Effects-Draft.html
11:55:40 [ChrisL]
DS: Bert said this is low prioroty for CSS, but it seems interesting. perhaps bring it to CDF?
11:57:17 [ChrisL]
... look like low hanging fruit and currently being implemented
11:57:26 [ChrisL]
ED: He is willing to be an editor
11:59:03 [ChrisL]
CL: This is good stuff, i like this draft
11:59:18 [ChrisL]
DS: Would we want this as a module?
11:59:34 [ChrisL]
ED: Yes. Element synntax is perhaps controvertial
12:00:30 [ChrisL]
Resolved: Bring 'SVG effects for CSS' into SVG if CSS does not want to take it on, and bring in RoCas editor
12:00:51 [ChrisL]
ACTION: Doug tell RoC we are interested to take on SVG Effects for CSS
12:00:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2123 - Tell RoC we are interested to take on SVG Effects for CSS [on Doug Schepers - due 2008-07-31].
12:03:00 [ChrisL]
ED: adjourned
12:03:20 [ChrisL]
rrsagent, make logs public
12:03:32 [ChrisL]
rrsagent, make minutes
12:03:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-svg-minutes.html ChrisL
12:03:33 [Zakim]
-ed_
12:03:35 [Zakim]
-heycam
12:03:37 [Zakim]
-Chris
12:03:47 [Zakim]
-Shepazu
12:03:48 [Zakim]
GA_SVGWG()6:30AM has ended
12:03:50 [Zakim]
Attendees were heycam, ed_, Shepazu, Chris
12:07:55 [ChrisL]
zakim, list attendees
12:07:55 [Zakim]
sorry, ChrisL, I don't know what conference this is
12:08:22 [ChrisL]
Present: Erik, Doug, Chris, Cameron, Tony
12:08:29 [ChrisL]
rrsagent, make minutes
12:08:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/24-svg-minutes.html ChrisL