IRC log of soap-jms on 2008-07-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:52:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:52:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/22-soap-jms-irc
15:52:07 [RolandMerrick]
Zakim, list
15:52:07 [Zakim]
I see IA_Team()10:00AM, Team_(design)15:04Z, SW_HCLS(Bio-Ont WG)11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, Team_(h)15:26Z active
15:52:09 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM, MWI_TSWG()11:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, INC_RWAB()11:00AM, XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM,
15:52:13 [Zakim]
... SW_HCLS(Chairs)12:00PM
15:52:31 [RolandMerrick]
Zakim, this will be WS_SOAP-JM
15:52:31 [Zakim]
ok, RolandMerrick; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
15:53:50 [RolandMerrick]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:54:08 [RolandMerrick]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008Jul/0014.html
15:54:30 [RolandMerrick]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:54:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/22-soap-jms-minutes.html RolandMerrick
15:54:38 [RolandMerrick]
rrsagent, make log public
15:55:05 [Roland]
Roland has joined #soap-jms
15:57:00 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:57:07 [Zakim]
+alewis
15:58:41 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:58:45 [Zakim]
+Roland_Merrick
15:59:03 [Phil]
Phil has joined #soap-jms
15:59:08 [Roland]
Zakim, IBM is Phil
15:59:08 [Zakim]
+Phil; got it
16:00:50 [Zakim]
+[TIBCO]
16:01:12 [Roland]
Zakim, TIBCI is Eric
16:01:12 [Zakim]
sorry, Roland, I do not recognize a party named 'TIBCI'
16:01:24 [Roland]
Zakim, TIBCO is Eric
16:01:24 [Zakim]
+Eric; got it
16:01:34 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:01:37 [markphillips]
markphillips has joined #soap-jms
16:01:40 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:02:11 [Zakim]
+Derek
16:03:14 [Zakim]
+Yves
16:03:39 [Zakim]
+markphillips
16:05:34 [markphillips]
scribeNick: markphillips
16:05:46 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
16:05:46 [markphillips]
TOPIC: Actions
16:07:55 [markphillips]
Eric's action (clarifying what we mean by "MUST fully support the JMS IRI")
16:08:27 [markphillips]
Eric: Looking at other URI schemes to see how this is handled
16:09:08 [markphillips]
Mark's action to look at XML schema - still outstanding
16:09:28 [Yves]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html#binding-properties
16:09:33 [markphillips]
Roland's action to look at how we indicate normative and non-normative sections of the code
16:10:04 [Yves]
http://dev.w3.org/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html#binding-header-props
16:10:43 [Zakim]
+GlenD
16:10:52 [markphillips]
Roland: action still outstanding - but a code example is included in section 2.2.2 (see the link above)
16:11:51 [gdaniels]
gdaniels has joined #soap-jms
16:12:50 [gdaniels]
(hey folks, Glen joined a couple mins ago - sorry to be late!)
16:12:55 [markphillips]
Eric: This draws a lot of attention to a non-normative section
16:14:47 [markphillips]
Roland will try some different styles to simplify the presentation - possibly a sub-section which bounds the non-normative examples
16:15:46 [markphillips]
(just for sections 2.2.2 and 2.2.3)
16:17:26 [markphillips]
TOPIC: Testing
16:20:10 [markphillips]
Phil: No testing strategy has been agreed yet
16:22:44 [markphillips]
Glen: A test suite does not need to be a full SOAP stack - it can be build onto JMS
16:26:41 [markphillips]
Eric: tests don't need to be code - could have written instructions - tests need to show interoperability
16:26:53 [markphillips]
Glen: We need 2 interoperable implementations for every MUST constraint
16:27:23 [markphillips]
Eric: Proposal: We need to identify test scenarios in textual form
16:28:16 [markphillips]
Eric: e.g. Outlined One-way and request-response message exchanges, and some WSDL
16:29:11 [markphillips]
Roland: Need to also identify which assertions are addressed by these test scenarios
16:31:49 [markphillips]
Glen: WS-Addressing test cases may provide a useful template
16:32:22 [gdaniels]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/testcases/
16:33:28 [markphillips]
Action: Phil to write up one or two initial test scenarios - a one-way and request-response
16:33:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-16 - Write up one or two initial test scenarios - a one-way and request-response [on Phil Adams - due 2008-07-29].
16:35:06 [markphillips]
Glen: WS-Addressing template looks suitable. It uses XPath for the assertions - see http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/addr/testsuite/testcases/#test1238
16:35:40 [markphillips]
Eric: For XPath to work we'd need a syntax to represent the JMS messages
16:38:45 [Zakim]
-Eric
16:38:46 [Zakim]
-Derek
16:38:47 [Zakim]
-Phil
16:38:48 [Zakim]
-GlenD
16:38:48 [Zakim]
-markphillips
16:38:49 [Zakim]
-Roland_Merrick
16:38:49 [Zakim]
-Yves
16:38:50 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:38:52 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:38:52 [markphillips]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:38:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/22-soap-jms-minutes.html markphillips
16:38:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were alewis, Roland_Merrick, Phil, Eric, Derek, Yves, markphillips, GlenD
17:18:47 [Roland]
rrsagent, generate minutes
17:18:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/22-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
17:19:22 [Roland]
Roland has left #soap-jms
18:28:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms
18:29:29 [gdaniels]
gdaniels has left #soap-jms