IRC log of er on 2008-07-16

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:32:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:32:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/16-er-irc
12:32:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:32:29 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
12:32:29 [Zakim]
ok, shadi, I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM already started
12:32:37 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
12:32:37 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
12:32:39 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:32:52 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:32:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IBM], CarlosV, Shadi
12:33:02 [shadi]
zakim, ibm is really Mike
12:33:02 [Zakim]
+Mike; got it
12:33:08 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
12:33:37 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
12:34:03 [shadi]
zakim, carlosV is really Johannes
12:34:03 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
12:34:17 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2008Jul/0007.html
12:34:25 [shadi]
agenda+ Updates and announcements
12:34:37 [shadi]
agenda+ Review Pointers-in-RDF editor's draft
12:34:50 [shadi]
agenda+ Describing WCAG 2.0 Success Criteria and Techniques
12:34:59 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:35:13 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
12:36:17 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:36:17 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Updates and announcements" taken up [from shadi]
12:38:20 [carlosI]
SAZ: publication is on the queue
12:38:33 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/charter4
12:39:26 [carlosI]
SAZ: nearby update
12:39:37 [carlosI]
SAZ: ask for comments for a couple of days
12:40:10 [carlosI]
SAZ: have a look now to the scope section
12:44:33 [carlosI]
SAZ: next topic is F2F date and venue
12:45:24 [carlosI]
SAZ: seems that AT WG is meeting at the plennary
12:46:03 [carlosI]
SAZ: ERT WG members are very welcome to their meetings
12:46:12 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
12:48:46 [carlosI]
SAZ: would be fairly easy to meet just after or before the TPAC
12:49:10 [carlosI]
SAZ: can not get a room during the TPAC
12:52:58 [carlosI]
CI: what are F2F objectives?
12:53:10 [carlosI]
SAZ: mainly put all the pieces together
12:53:27 [carlosI]
SAZ: also solve any potential pending issue
12:54:20 [carlosI]
SAZ: may be easier get our independent F2F appart from TPAC
12:55:46 [carlosI]
SAZ: we can think about the beginning of October
12:57:13 [carlosI]
SAZ: we can mark 3rd of Nov as a potential date
12:57:59 [carlosI]
SAZ: anyway you are all welcome to come to the TPAC
12:58:29 [carlosI]
SAZ: remember some meetings are member only and need to contact with the group chair
12:58:52 [carlosI]
MS: venue for October?
12:59:21 [carlosI]
SAZ: near Cologne
12:59:37 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
12:59:37 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Review Pointers-in-RDF editor's draft" taken up [from shadi]
13:00:46 [shadi]
scribe: Mike
13:00:46 [MikeS]
scribe: Mike
13:00:51 [shadi]
scribenick: MikeS
13:01:06 [MikeS]
zakim, mute Mike
13:01:06 [Zakim]
Mike should now be muted
13:01:07 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/Pointers/WD-Pointers-20080623
13:01:52 [MikeS]
CI: open issues include XPath v. XPointer pointers
13:01:59 [MikeS]
...XPointerPointe now subclass of XPathPointer
13:02:17 [MikeS]
...Namespace class with prefix and URI properties but where does it belong?
13:02:50 [MikeS]
...working on pointers best practices
13:03:27 [MikeS]
...editorial improvements to intro and abstract
13:04:10 [MikeS]
...pointers into HTML docs
13:04:26 [MikeS]
...changed RangePointer to CompoundPointer
13:06:24 [MikeS]
...consider making char optional property
13:06:38 [MikeS]
...in LangChar class
13:06:59 [MikeS]
..any priorities within these issues?
13:07:59 [MikeS]
...created an issues document and can send to list
13:08:49 [MikeS]
SAZ: document is looking good and get into public working draft
13:09:20 [MikeS]
..rules can be put into the document rather than separate
13:10:02 [MikeS]
...forget about joint example for now
13:10:12 [MikeS]
..can be tackled at F2F
13:11:13 [MikeS]
CI: thinking more of contained examples, small snippet pointers with actual docs
13:12:21 [MikeS]
SAZ: RDF Primer actually uses snippets from full document but that doc is not in the actual spec
13:12:42 [MikeS]
...not CI's responsibility to look across all docs and allign them
13:13:38 [MikeS]
...fewer nesting levels is prefered but up to CI
13:14:21 [MikeS]
zakim, unmute Mike
13:14:21 [Zakim]
Mike should no longer be muted
13:15:23 [MikeS]
CI: two options for HTMLPointer
13:15:59 [MikeS]
...take it out of the document completely
13:16:10 [MikeS]
....leave it as placeholder and try to distinguish as much as possible
13:16:48 [MikeS]
SAZ: 3rd option - real example, more than just a placeholder
13:17:14 [MikeS]
...can we provide a suffficient definition of HTMLPointer?
13:17:56 [MikeS]
CI: pointer used to point to documents that are not well-formed
13:19:06 [MikeS]
MS: problem is example of HTMLPointer, not definition
13:19:33 [MikeS]
CI: two definitions, one based on serialization / normalization
13:19:45 [MikeS]
...other was simplified expression based on hierarchy of elements
13:20:09 [MikeS]
....more in favor of simplified expression bc serialization is out of our domain and resources
13:21:04 [MikeS]
...in favor of simplified approach and wait to see what HTML5 does with serialization / normalization
13:21:57 [MikeS]
SAZ: much more discussion of two options CI mentioned
13:22:35 [MikeS]
MS: prefer to elave it in bc it indicates mindfulness of our attention to web contnet
13:23:24 [MikeS]
JK: add something and see what directions we get from reviewers
13:23:41 [MikeS]
CI: also get feedback on work on normalization and how this fits
13:24:28 [MikeS]
SAZ: what is the feeling about a public issues document?
13:24:36 [MikeS]
JK: could use tracker to track issues
13:25:15 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tracker/
13:25:38 [MikeS]
SAZ: public page for tracker so that not restricted to members
13:26:26 [MikeS]
...people can start working with tracker, using products = documents
13:26:39 [MikeS]
...anybody can open an issue or add actions or change status
13:27:38 [MikeS]
SAZ: any objections to CompoundPointer over RangePointer?
13:28:09 [MikeS]
RESOLUTION: use CompoundPointer rather than RangePointer
13:28:46 [MikeS]
SAZ: RDF domains and optional char property
13:30:11 [MikeS]
SAZ: pick up domains in content n RDF
13:30:37 [MikeS]
...thoughts on next emeting?
13:30:58 [MikeS]
CI: on vacation so not sure of availability during regular meeting time
13:31:06 [MikeS]
MS: available
13:31:15 [MikeS]
JK: traveling and will check with CV
13:31:34 [MikeS]
SAZ: send out agenda on Mon and confirm availability
13:31:47 [MikeS]
MS: not available following week, Jul 30
13:31:53 [Zakim]
-Johannes
13:31:56 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:31:59 [Zakim]
-Mike
13:32:49 [shadi]
zakim, drop carlosI
13:32:49 [Zakim]
CarlosI is being disconnected
13:32:51 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:32:53 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Mike, CarlosI, Johannes
13:33:04 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:33:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
13:33:18 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:33:24 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:33:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/16-er-minutes.html shadi
13:33:26 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:33:32 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:33:32 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items