IRC log of tsdtf on 2008-07-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:22:19 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:22:19 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc
12:22:26 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:22:38 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsdtf
12:22:38 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
12:22:46 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
12:22:56 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV, Christophe
12:23:43 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Jul/0013.html
12:23:55 [shadi]
agenda+ Proposal for a new metadata element for internal notes
12:24:10 [shadi]
agenda+ Updated metadata document: testElements
12:24:26 [shadi]
agenda+ Reviews of test samples
12:29:56 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #tsdtf
12:30:13 [Christophe]
zakim, agenda?
12:30:13 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
12:30:14 [Zakim]
1. Proposal for a new metadata element for internal notes [from shadi]
12:30:15 [Zakim]
2. Updated metadata document: testElements [from shadi]
12:30:16 [Zakim]
3. Reviews of test samples [from shadi]
12:30:44 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:30:44 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8783 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
12:30:54 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:31:05 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:31:12 [Zakim]
+??P0
12:31:21 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:31:47 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
12:31:49 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
12:31:59 [shadi]
zakim, ? is really me
12:31:59 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
12:34:37 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.324.aaaa
12:35:36 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:35:36 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Proposal for a new metadata element for internal notes" taken up [from shadi]
12:35:53 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
12:36:04 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:36:04 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Proposal for a new metadata element for internal notes" taken up [from shadi]
12:36:18 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Jul/0006.html
12:36:32 [carlosI]
CS: don't see any objections nor comments
12:37:52 [carlosI]
RESOLUTION: add new internalNotes element to the schema
12:39:33 [carlosI]
ACTION: CS to add the new internalNotes to the schema
12:39:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-1 - Add the new internalNotes to the schema [on Christophe Strobbe - due 2008-07-22].
12:40:02 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/2006/tests/tracker/
12:40:57 [carlosI]
CS: how I tell the tracker the action is done?
12:41:57 [carlosI]
SAZ: you can edit actions in the tracker
12:42:06 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
12:42:06 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Updated metadata document: testElements" taken up [from shadi]
12:42:44 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Jul/0003.html
12:43:15 [carlosI]
CS: need to document some elements the test samples were using
12:43:56 [carlosI]
CS: they have been added to the metadata description
12:44:04 [carlosI]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL#metadata
12:46:43 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
12:46:43 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Reviews of test samples" taken up [from shadi]
12:47:38 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42683/batch1/
12:47:44 [carlosI]
CS: several abstentions
12:47:50 [Christophe]
Results: http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/42683/batch1/results
12:48:08 [carlosI]
SAZ: We may need to go one by one
12:48:56 [carlosI]
SAZ: people abstain instead of raise concerns
12:49:21 [carlosI]
SAZ: Try to see what are the issues one by one
12:49:51 [carlosI]
SAZ: the poll is open, so people can change their votes
12:52:24 [carlosI]
CS: the reviews make open questions intead raise issues
12:53:15 [shadi]
"Suggest changes to the review results (please elaborate below)"
12:56:12 [carlosI]
SAZ: the problem is that "not sure" is not a valid review result
12:56:24 [carlosI]
SAZ: the review was not finished
12:56:36 [carlosI]
SAZ: there was an issue with the review itself
12:57:45 [carlosI]
SAZ: in some cases you may disagree or suggest changes to a review
13:01:05 [carlosI]
ACTION: Shadi to review with Tim his reviews
13:01:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2 - Review with Tim his reviews [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-07-22].
13:02:37 [shadi]
action: Shadi to change the 4th option in the WBS survey to "Suggest changes to the review results (please elaborate below)"
13:02:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-3 - Change the 4th option in the WBS survey to \"Suggest changes to the review results (please elaborate below)\" [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-07-22].
13:03:57 [carlosI]
SAZ: now #16
13:04:08 [carlosI]
SAZ: 2 abstains 1 disagree from CS
13:04:16 [carlosI]
SAZ: let's see why
13:08:40 [carlosI]
SAZ: some issues look more related to the content review
13:09:21 [carlosI]
CI: agree, but the review criteria ask for checking if they are accurate
13:10:41 [carlosI]
SAZ: difficult to totally separate structure and content review
13:11:00 [carlosI]
SAZ: the idea was that structure can be done automatically
13:14:17 [carlosI]
ACTION: Shadi to improve the word accurate in the structure review
13:14:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-4 - Improve the word accurate in the structure review [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-07-22].
13:15:20 [carlosI]
CI: move the comments on description and purpose from the structure review to the content review on test sample #16
13:15:30 [carlosI]
ACTION: CI to move the comments on description and purpose from the structure review to the content review on test sample #16
13:15:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-5 - Move the comments on description and purpose from the structure review to the content review on test sample #16 [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2008-07-22].
13:16:21 [carlosI]
SAZ: somebody need to update the test samples with the new internalNotes element
13:16:54 [carlosI]
ACTION: CS to move the information of techComment to internalNotes
13:16:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-6 - Move the information of techComment to internalNotes [on Christophe Strobbe - due 2008-07-22].
13:17:47 [carlosI]
ACTION: CI update the structure review once the test sample has been updated
13:17:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-7 - Update the structure review once the test sample has been updated [on Carlos Iglesias - due 2008-07-22].
13:18:46 [carlosI]
SAZ: now move to #18
13:18:53 [carlosI]
SAZ: basically the same
13:19:26 [carlosI]
CS: there is a new comment about pointers consistency
13:19:54 [carlosI]
SAZ: this was raised in the ERT WG and there was a resolution to create some guidelines
13:20:07 [carlosI]
SAZ: may put this on hold now and come back later
13:23:54 [carlosI]
CI: what about separate the review process into automatic and manual?
13:24:15 [carlosI]
SAZ: it's more about neutral interpretation than about been automatically tested or not
13:27:09 [carlosI]
CI: may need to record these general issues somewhere to be aware of them
13:27:47 [carlosI]
CS: there is something like that in the wiki
13:27:59 [carlosI]
CS: the brainstorming corner
13:28:04 [carlosI]
http://www.w3.org/2006/tsdtf/BrainstormingCorner
13:28:32 [carlosI]
SAZ: CI can get back to the group when the pointers guidelines are done
13:28:39 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
13:28:53 [carlosI]
CI: this solve this specific issue but what happen with others?
13:29:35 [carlosI]
CI: we can also use internal notes
13:29:47 [carlosI]
SAZ: can be this done automatically?
13:30:08 [carlosI]
CS: yep
13:30:56 [carlosI]
ACTION: CS add on internalNotes for every test case that the use of pointers should be reviewed
13:30:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-8 - Add on internalNotes for every test case that the use of pointers should be reviewed [on Christophe Strobbe - due 2008-07-22].
13:32:50 [carlosI]
CI: it's better to have an individual internalNote with a specific ID for each issue
13:33:43 [carlosI]
CI: for example the pointers issue can be ID="1"
13:34:31 [carlosI]
ACTION: SAZ to update the using TCDL document to say that pointers will be updated in the future
13:34:31 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - SAZ
13:35:10 [carlosI]
ACTION: Shadi to update the using TCDL document to say that pointers will be updated in the future
13:35:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-9 - Update the using TCDL document to say that pointers will be updated in the future [on Shadi Abou-Zahra - due 2008-07-22].
13:37:04 [carlosI]
SAZ: don't lose your heart, this is the first one but next ones may be easier
13:37:16 [carlosI]
CS: next teleconference?
13:37:25 [carlosI]
SAZ: try the next week
13:37:39 [carlosI]
SAZ: would like to finish the first batch
13:38:01 [Zakim]
-Michael_Cooper
13:38:03 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:38:09 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
13:38:11 [Zakim]
-shadi
13:38:11 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:38:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were Christophe_Strobbe, CarlosI, shadi, +1.617.324.aaaa, Michael_Cooper
13:39:34 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has left #tsdtf
14:11:08 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:11:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
14:11:16 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:11:20 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:11:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
14:11:21 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:11:26 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
I see 10 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS to add the new internalNotes to the schema [1]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T12-39-33
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to review with Tim his reviews [2]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-01-05
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to change the 4th option in the WBS survey to "Suggest changes to the review results (please elaborate below)" [3]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-02-37
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to improve the word accurate in the structure review [4]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-14-17
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CI to move the comments on description and purpose from the structure review to the content review on test sample #16 [5]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-15-30
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS to move the information of techComment to internalNotes [6]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-16-54
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CI update the structure review once the test sample has been updated [7]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-17-47
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS add on internalNotes for every test case that the use of pointers should be reviewed [8]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-30-56
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ to update the using TCDL document to say that pointers will be updated in the future [9]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-34-31
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shadi to update the using TCDL document to say that pointers will be updated in the future [10]
14:11:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-tsdtf-irc#T13-35-10