IRC log of rif on 2008-07-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:38:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
14:38:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-rif-irc
14:38:55 [csma]
zakim, this will be rif
14:38:55 [Zakim]
ok, csma; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 22 minutes
14:39:40 [csma]
Meeting: RIF telecon 15 July 2008
14:39:56 [csma]
Chair: Christian de Sainte Marie
14:40:24 [csma]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Jul/0152.html
14:41:35 [csma]
csma has changed the topic to: 15 July 2008 RIF Telecon Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Jul/0152.html
14:41:50 [csma]
list agenda
14:42:02 [csma]
clear agenda
14:42:51 [csma]
agendum+ Admin
14:43:07 [csma]
agendum+ Liaisons
14:43:17 [csma]
agendum+ Actions review
14:43:32 [csma]
agendum+ Publications
14:43:43 [csma]
agendum+ AOB
14:53:03 [csma]
Regrets: Gary Hallmark Sandro Hawke ChrisWelty LeoraMorgenstern MohamedZergaoui Hassan At-Kaci
14:59:50 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
14:59:51 [Zakim]
+??P13
15:00:07 [csma]
zakim, ??P13 is me
15:00:07 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
15:02:41 [DaveReynolds]
DaveReynolds has joined #rif
15:03:02 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:03:03 [Zakim]
-??P10
15:03:03 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:03:14 [mdean]
mdean has joined #rif
15:03:27 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #rif
15:04:06 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
15:04:23 [Zakim]
+ +43.158.801.1aaaa
15:04:28 [csma]
Scribe: Dave Reynolds
15:04:30 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
15:04:39 [DaveReynolds]
ScribeNick: DaveReynolds
15:05:12 [Zakim]
+AdrianP
15:05:37 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:05:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, DaveReynolds, Mike_Dean, josb (muted), AdrianP
15:06:22 [csma]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Jul/att-0091/8-July-2008-rif-minutes.html
15:06:39 [csma]
PROPOSED: accept July 8 minutes
15:06:44 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:06:44 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:06:59 [csma]
RESOLVED: accept minutes from July 8
15:07:15 [csma]
next item
15:07:38 [csma]
next item
15:07:44 [csma]
close item 1
15:07:52 [csma]
next titem
15:07:57 [csma]
next item
15:08:05 [csma]
close item 2
15:08:07 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rif
15:08:11 [csma]
next item
15:08:52 [csma]
Axel, will you join on the phone?
15:09:10 [AxelPolleres]
dialing
15:09:18 [Zakim]
+??P21
15:09:52 [AxelPolleres]
the number is: +44.117.370.6152
15:09:53 [DaveReynolds]
UK Bridge: +44.117.370.6152
15:10:28 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
15:10:49 [josb]
France: +33.4.89.06.34.99
15:11:50 [AdrianP]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:11:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see csma, DaveReynolds, Mike_Dean, josb, AdrianP (muted), AxelPolleres, [NRCC]
15:12:35 [DaveReynolds]
Jos, action-451, reviewed and raised issue of disjointness of internal/external
15:12:44 [DaveReynolds]
s/451/541/
15:12:48 [DaveReynolds]
action-541 closed
15:12:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-541 Review bld closed
15:13:12 [DaveReynolds]
action-540 closed
15:13:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-540 Review SWC for LC closed
15:14:08 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
15:14:08 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
15:14:20 [MichaelKifer]
MichaelKifer has joined #rif
15:14:24 [DaveReynolds]
action-539 closed
15:14:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-539 Review UCR for next WD closed
15:14:31 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:14:31 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:14:49 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION-452 ... CONTINUED, I try to do it during this call, I overlooked it.
15:15:08 [DaveReynolds]
s/452/542/
15:15:37 [Zakim]
+MichaelKifer
15:17:45 [DaveReynolds]
csma: is the draft of rif:text critical path for LC publication of BLD/DTB?
15:18:05 [DaveReynolds]
s/DTB/SWC/
15:18:07 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:18:07 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:18:20 [DaveReynolds]
Axel: doesn't seem critical path
15:18:25 [AxelPolleres]
I am not sure about critical path for SWC, jos?
15:18:47 [DaveReynolds]
Action-517 waiting frozen version of FLD
15:19:23 [Harold]
zakim, [NRCC] is me
15:19:23 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
15:19:31 [josb]
no, it is not
15:19:35 [DaveReynolds]
Other actions continued
15:22:04 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:22:04 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:22:05 [DaveReynolds]
action-533 closed
15:22:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-533 Add explaination of relative IRIs wrt base directive to DTB shortcuts closed
15:22:08 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:22:08 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:22:37 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:22:37 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:23:08 [DaveReynolds]
action-506 closed
15:23:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-506 Make editorial changes associated with DTB links in BLD and remove editor's notes closed
15:23:22 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:23:23 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:24:11 [DaveReynolds]
action-499 closed
15:24:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-499 Add metadata syntax and commentary to BLD. closed
15:24:29 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:24:29 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:24:41 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:24:41 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:24:43 [DaveReynolds]
action-500 closed
15:24:43 [trackbot]
ACTION-500 Metadata to mathematical description closed
15:25:05 [DaveReynolds]
action-498 closed
15:25:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-498 Add text explaining external frames closed
15:25:10 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
15:25:10 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
15:26:19 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:26:19 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:26:36 [csma]
next item
15:26:39 [DaveReynolds]
Test cases (action-440) to be reviewed in future call, perhaps week after next
15:27:21 [DaveReynolds]
csma: PRD has been reviewed and just awaits publication, decide whether to publish alone or in batch
15:27:47 [DaveReynolds]
csma: UCR reviewed by Stella, also to be reviewed by Jos
15:28:09 [DaveReynolds]
csam: sorry, reading wrong line, not Jos
15:28:18 [DaveReynolds]
s/csam/csma/
15:29:06 [DaveReynolds]
csma: DTB reviewed by Stella, also given green light, waiting for Chris go/no-go
15:29:16 [DaveReynolds]
Axel: also action-542, doing it now
15:30:13 [DaveReynolds]
csma: anything else needed before DTB publish? In favour of publishing early as possible since 1st public WD.
15:30:15 [AxelPolleres]
+1
15:30:17 [josb]
q+
15:30:23 [csma]
ack jos
15:30:47 [DaveReynolds]
Jos: no objection, but doesn't make sense before publishing BLD
15:31:32 [DaveReynolds]
csma: but PRD and FLD also reference DTB so it should be published along with the first referencing doc that gets published
15:32:17 [DaveReynolds]
csma: SWC reviewed by Axel, and no objection to moving to LC, just csma review (which will be primarily editorial)
15:32:38 [josb]
DTB has normative references to BLD, so it cannot be published before BLD
15:32:48 [DaveReynolds]
csma: BLD there is the external/internal issue and awaiting Leora review
15:32:51 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:32:51 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:33:24 [DaveReynolds]
Michael: need till tomorrow for FLD, then should be freezable
15:33:43 [Harold]
For FLD "Freeze ok" we need till tomorrow.
15:34:21 [DaveReynolds]
Jos: if FLD frozen tomorrow night, could review by Friday
15:35:29 [Harold]
Leora's BLD review should be based on a newly frozen BLD, as mentioned in email exchange.
15:35:41 [DaveReynolds]
csma: so if can get Leora and Chris reviews can get them all published together next week, in which case no point trying to publish PRD etc now only 1 week diff
15:36:00 [DaveReynolds]
s/reviews reviews this week/
15:36:18 [DaveReynolds]
s/reviews/reviews this week/
15:36:27 [Harold]
Only new reviews should be based on re-frozen versions.
15:37:37 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:37:37 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:38:41 [DaveReynolds]
csma: discuss issue of disjointness of internal/external atoms. Jos would object if they were not disjoint.
15:39:34 [josb]
+1 should be disjoint
15:39:34 [mdean]
+0.5
15:39:39 [AxelPolleres]
I am not religious about it, we don't HAVE to impose this restriction, but it doesn't do harm either
15:39:47 [AxelPolleres]
= 0
15:39:56 [MichaelKifer]
I agree with Axel
15:40:09 [DaveReynolds]
(non scribe) 0 agree with Axel
15:41:51 [DaveReynolds]
csma: some discussions regarding BNF, Axel questioned Const, csma questioned syntax for variables
15:42:02 [DaveReynolds]
csma: editorial since only the XML is normative
15:42:35 [DaveReynolds]
Harold: regarding Const, now solved that, same shortcuts now in BLD and DTB
15:43:19 [DaveReynolds]
Harold: regarding variables this is just a point of view whether the '?' is part of the string or now
15:43:42 [Harold]
Conventionally, ?xyz should be serialized as <Var>xyz</Var>.
15:44:23 [Harold]
s/now/not/
15:44:49 [DaveReynolds]
csma: XML contains the name of the variable from the original rules, this in some cases may include '?', question is what about the presentation syntax
15:45:24 [Harold]
Ok, ??yz should be serialized as <Var>?yz</Var>.
15:46:30 [DaveReynolds]
csma: so need to change one example in PRD to match this, simple editorial change
15:48:17 [DaveReynolds]
csma: was the issue of profiles being terms or unicode strings resolved?
15:48:32 [DaveReynolds]
Jos: yes, was unclear, now settled on it being a Const
15:49:13 [DaveReynolds]
Jos: and changed the SWC table following Michael's suggestions
15:49:31 [DaveReynolds]
s/Michael/Harold and Michael/
15:50:19 [DaveReynolds]
action: csma to ask Sandro to do the new freezes as soon as FLD is ready to freeze
15:50:19 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-544 - Ask Sandro to do the new freezes as soon as FLD is ready to freeze [on Christian de Sainte Marie - due 2008-07-22].
15:50:39 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:50:39 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:51:13 [AxelPolleres]
I fixed ACTION-542 now. Could Stella and Jos have a look? it is very short, so should be quick. I fixed 4.3.4 and changed the references to the langtag RFC to [BCP-47] throughout the document (also in sections 2.1.1 and 2.2)
15:51:24 [DaveReynolds]
Michael: don't freeze BLD right now, need some small changes
15:51:28 [AxelPolleres]
q+
15:51:45 [DaveReynolds]
Michael: should be fixable in a couple of hours
15:51:46 [csma]
ack axel
15:51:55 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:51:55 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:52:15 [Harold]
We'll send email about BLD first, then about FLD.
15:52:20 [DaveReynolds]
Axel: completed action-542 now, so DTB can be re-frozen
15:53:19 [DaveReynolds]
action: Jos to check Axel's text for action-542 (rif:text moving to two argument constructor)
15:53:19 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Jos
15:53:19 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. jdebruij2, jderoo)
15:53:34 [DaveReynolds]
action: jdebruij2 to check Axel's text for action-542 (rif:text moving to two argument constructor)
15:53:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-545 - Check Axel's text for action-542 (rif:text moving to two argument constructor) [on Jos de Bruijn - due 2008-07-22].
15:54:07 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
15:54:07 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
15:54:49 [DaveReynolds]
Adrian: need to find a way to integrate javascript code in the final UCR version for the highlighting buttons
15:55:08 [DaveReynolds]
Adrian: it is in the Wiki version and works there but doesn't survive the translation
15:55:12 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:55:12 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:55:15 [DaveReynolds]
csma: will check with Sandro
15:55:29 [DaveReynolds]
+1 adjorn
15:55:34 [Zakim]
-Harold
15:55:36 [AdrianP]
bye
15:55:36 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
15:55:44 [Zakim]
-AdrianP
15:56:00 [csma]
zakim, who is speaking?
15:56:13 [Zakim]
csma, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Mike_Dean (9%), josb (100%), csma (18%)
15:56:16 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
15:56:47 [Zakim]
-MichaelKifer
15:57:10 [csma]
rrsagent, make log public
15:57:19 [csma]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:57:19 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-rif-minutes.html csma
15:58:22 [csma]
zakim, attendees list?
15:58:22 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, csma.
15:58:31 [csma]
zakim, who attended?
15:58:31 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, csma.
15:58:37 [csma]
zakim, attendees?
15:58:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, csma.
15:58:42 [csma]
zakim, attendees
15:58:42 [DaveReynolds]
zakim, list attendees
15:58:42 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'attendees', csma
15:58:43 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been csma, DaveReynolds, Mike_Dean, +43.158.801.1aaaa, josb, AdrianP, AxelPolleres, MichaelKifer, Harold
15:59:06 [csma]
rrzagent, make minutes
15:59:17 [csma]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:59:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/15-rif-minutes.html csma
16:00:08 [Zakim]
-DaveReynolds
16:00:09 [Zakim]
-csma
16:37:16 [csma]
csma has left #rif
16:51:57 [sandro]
sandro has joined #rif
17:05:01 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, josb, in SW_RIF()11:00AM
17:05:03 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
17:05:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were csma, DaveReynolds, Mike_Dean, +43.158.801.1aaaa, josb, AdrianP, AxelPolleres, MichaelKifer, Harold