IRC log of rdfa on 2008-07-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:02:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
15:02:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-irc
15:02:11 [mhausenblas]
zakim, this will be SW_SWD(RDFa)
15:02:11 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas, I see SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM already started
15:02:20 [JeremyCarroll]
JeremyCarroll has joined #rdfa
15:02:22 [mhausenblas]
Meeting: RDF-in-XHTML TF 2008-07-10
15:02:23 [Zakim]
+ShaneM
15:02:27 [Steven]
rrsagent, make log public
15:02:27 [Zakim]
-jeremycarroll
15:02:29 [Zakim]
+jeremycarroll
15:02:29 [mhausenblas]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jul/0008.html
15:02:36 [Steven]
zakim, who is here?
15:02:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see jeremycarroll, ShaneM
15:02:37 [Zakim]
On IRC I see JeremyCarroll, RRSAgent, Zakim, Steven, msporny, ShaneM, mhausenblas
15:02:37 [msporny]
heeey, it's Jeremy!
15:02:41 [Zakim]
+Michael_Hausenblas
15:02:44 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
15:02:47 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
15:02:49 [Zakim]
+Steven
15:02:49 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html previous 2008-07-03
15:03:03 [Zakim]
+??P11
15:03:04 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Ben
15:03:09 [msporny]
zakim, I am ??P11
15:03:09 [Zakim]
+msporny; got it
15:03:10 [benadida]
benadida has joined #rdfa
15:03:20 [Zakim]
+Ben_Adida
15:03:48 [mhausenblas]
ScribeNick: mhausenblas
15:04:29 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:04:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:04:52 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Ralph
15:04:58 [mhausenblas]
regrets+ Mark
15:05:13 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:06:01 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Action Items
15:06:08 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#ActionSummary
15:06:14 [mhausenblas]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to follow up with Elias on JavaScript test harness + EARL [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action13]
15:06:21 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:06:41 [mhausenblas]
[NEW] ACTION: Shane to write home page for SPREAD. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
15:06:47 [ShaneM]
working onit
15:07:27 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:07:34 [mhausenblas]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven migrate VEVENT examples to rdfa.info wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
15:07:46 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:07:55 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben followup with Fabien on getting his RDFa GRDDL transform transferred to W3C [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/15-rdfa-minutes.html#action01]
15:08:20 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:08:27 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Manu write haudio examples for wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action06]
15:08:34 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:09:17 [mhausenblas]
Manu: Would be good to chat with people about how to design the vocabulary
15:09:49 [benadida]
MichaelH: in general, you don't get it right the first time you design a vocab, give it a shot.
15:12:30 [JeremyCarroll]
q+
15:12:50 [mhausenblas]
ack JeremyCarroll
15:13:28 [mhausenblas]
JeremyCarroll: Many of our customers want bigger ontologies; think of computational costs
15:13:43 [mhausenblas]
... owl:sameAs is expensive
15:14:32 [mhausenblas]
... make it easier for tools by not expecting inferencing
15:14:54 [ShaneM]
q+ to discuss internal consistency
15:15:25 [ShaneM]
q-
15:15:39 [Steven]
My action is done
15:15:50 [Steven]
http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials#vEvent
15:16:01 [mhausenblas]
[NEW] ACTION: Steven migrate VEVENT examples to rdfa.info wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-rdfa-minutes.html#action09]
15:16:03 [mhausenblas]
-- done
15:16:11 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Manu write the perl code for Slashdot [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action03]
15:16:14 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:19:31 [mhausenblas]
Ben: In future versions RDFa may support sequences as well, worth considering for example in RSS
15:20:51 [mhausenblas]
JeremyCarroll: Shall we write up some examples for RSS?
15:21:18 [mhausenblas]
Michael: see for example http://riese.joanneum.at/updates/
15:22:21 [mhausenblas]
http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials
15:23:43 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq)
15:25:04 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark write foaf examples for wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action07]
15:25:09 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:25:14 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Mark create base wizard suitable for cloning [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
15:25:15 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:25:22 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes.html#action12]
15:25:23 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:25:30 [mhausenblas]
http://rdfa.info/wiki/RDFa-for-microformats-users
15:26:04 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ralph think about RSS+RDFa [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-rdfa-minutes.html#action11]
15:26:06 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:26:26 [mhausenblas]
Ben: next week I wont be around
15:26:26 [Steven]
Me regrets for 3 weeks
15:26:30 [JeremyCarroll]
JeremyCarroll has left #rdfa
15:26:38 [mhausenblas]
Manu ok to chair?
15:26:40 [mhausenblas]
MAnu: Yes
15:26:52 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Next two telecons regrets as well
15:26:56 [mhausenblas]
Topic: CR Comments
15:27:09 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/products/2
15:27:26 [mhausenblas]
Ben: First comment by Florian
15:27:29 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/121
15:27:42 [mhausenblas]
Ben: I'm ok to clarify and reply
15:28:22 [mhausenblas]
Shane: Just an editorial change - will check
15:28:28 [mhausenblas]
... should mark as resolved
15:28:50 [JeremyCarroll]
JeremyCarroll has joined #rdfa
15:29:32 [benadida]
PROPOSE: to make small editorial change in response to ISSUE-121 as per Mark's email response to Florian.
15:29:38 [mhausenblas]
+1
15:29:45 [msporny]
+1
15:30:11 [mhausenblas]
RESOLVED: to make small editorial change in response to ISSUE-121 as per Mark's email response to Florian.
15:30:36 [benadida]
ACTION: Shane to make ISSUE-121 editorial change and report back
15:30:51 [mhausenblas]
ISSUE-122 by Alan
15:30:57 [mhausenblas]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf/2008Jun/0080.html
15:32:09 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Needs some clarification, but no show-stoppers
15:32:46 [mhausenblas]
Manu: re 'Here there is a question of what "referring" to means.'
15:32:55 [Zakim]
-msporny
15:32:58 [mhausenblas]
... we need to state what we mean
15:33:05 [msporny]
crap, lost my VoIP connection
15:33:50 [mhausenblas]
Shane: There might be a risk in clarifying
15:33:59 [Zakim]
+??P11
15:34:04 [msporny]
zakim, I am ??P11
15:34:04 [Zakim]
+msporny; got it
15:34:27 [mhausenblas]
... what @about is refering to
15:37:36 [JeremyCarroll]
q+
15:37:52 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Try to catch Alan in Boston and talk with him about this
15:38:21 [mhausenblas]
ack JeremyCarroll
15:39:05 [mhausenblas]
JeremyCarroll: Pragmatic view is needed here; the abstract one's don't help
15:40:00 [mhausenblas]
Steven: At XTech I saw the semantic search engine's problem with wrong inference
15:40:39 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Steven, saw your proposal re new non-HTTP URI scheme
15:41:04 [mhausenblas]
Steven: but bNodes workaround is fine
15:41:28 [JeremyCarroll]
http://larry.masinter.net/duri.html - for steven's attention
15:43:37 [JeremyCarroll]
q+
15:44:07 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Manu, can you write-up your issues with it?
15:44:11 [mhausenblas]
Manu: yep
15:44:15 [mhausenblas]
ack JeremyCarroll
15:45:04 [msporny]
ACTION: Manu to write up current issues with information resource vs. actual resource with regard to Audio RDF vocabulary.
15:45:28 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I generally advocate the usage of HTTP URIs.
15:47:16 [benadida]
ACTION: Ben to talk to Allan about CR ISSUE-122
15:47:20 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:47:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:47:32 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Implementation Report
15:47:39 [mhausenblas]
-> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/
15:47:50 [JeremyCarroll]
q+ to ask about TQ's contribution
15:47:53 [mhausenblas]
Ben: re Ajax EARL generator
15:48:00 [mhausenblas]
ack JeremyCarroll
15:48:00 [Zakim]
JeremyCarroll, you wanted to ask about TQ's contribution
15:48:24 [mhausenblas]
JeremyCarroll: We at TopQuadrant have an RDFa editor
15:48:37 [mhausenblas]
... we could report on that
15:49:12 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Could you add it to http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tools ?
15:50:04 [mhausenblas]
JeremyCarroll: Reading is out-sourced
15:50:15 [mhausenblas]
... suspect Fabien's XSLT
15:51:16 [benadida]
ACTION: Jeremy to write up TQ's contribution for impl report and wiki
15:51:33 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:51:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:51:37 [Zakim]
-Steven
15:51:38 [Zakim]
-Michael_Hausenblas
15:51:39 [Zakim]
-ShaneM
15:51:40 [Zakim]
-msporny
15:51:42 [Zakim]
-JeremyCarroll
15:51:43 [Zakim]
-Ben_Adida
15:51:43 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM has ended
15:51:45 [mhausenblas]
[adjourned]
15:51:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were ShaneM, Michael_Hausenblas, Steven, JeremyCarroll, msporny, Ben_Adida
15:52:00 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:52:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-minutes.html mhausenblas
15:52:17 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, bye
15:52:17 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rdfa
15:52:24 [mhausenblas]
rrsagent, bye
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-actions.rdf :
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to rewrite and extend http://rdfa.info/wiki/Tutorials for RSS (maybe with seq) [1]
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-irc#T15-23-43
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Shane to make ISSUE-121 editorial change and report back [2]
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-irc#T15-30-36
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Manu to write up current issues with information resource vs. actual resource with regard to Audio RDF vocabulary. [3]
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-irc#T15-45-04
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to talk to Allan about CR ISSUE-122 [4]
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-irc#T15-47-16
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jeremy to write up TQ's contribution for impl report and wiki [5]
15:52:24 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/10-rdfa-irc#T15-51-16