IRC log of egov on 2008-07-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:59:11 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #egov
13:59:11 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-irc
13:59:13 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:59:13 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #egov
13:59:15 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be EGOV
13:59:16 [trackbot]
Meeting: eGovernment Interest Group Teleconference
13:59:16 [trackbot]
Date: 03 July 2008
13:59:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see Team_(egovtf)14:00Z scheduled to start in 1 minute
13:59:54 [josema]
josema has changed the topic to: ongoing TF coordinators + Chairs call
14:00:12 [josema]
Meeting: eGov IG TF coordinators + Chairs call
14:00:23 [josema]
Agenda: no specific agenda
14:00:47 [josema]
scribe: josema
14:01:12 [josema]
chair: Kevin
14:01:24 [Zakim]
Team_(egovtf)14:00Z has now started
14:01:25 [Zakim]
+Josema
14:02:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.731.aaaa
14:03:53 [josema]
zakim, aaaa is kevin
14:03:54 [Zakim]
+kevin; got it
14:04:12 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.488.aabb
14:04:39 [josema]
zakim, aabb is Chris
14:04:39 [Zakim]
+Chris; got it
14:07:12 [josema]
jose: [about how to encourage people to participate, add content to the wiki]
14:07:26 [josema]
chris: only got one response so far
14:07:37 [josema]
... maybe I should go ahead and add content to the wiki
14:07:49 [josema]
kevin: it's also the time of the year
14:08:42 [josema]
... probably stuff like the recent eGov Monitor could help people
14:09:28 [josema]
... to be more aware of our work
14:09:40 [chris]
chris has joined #egov
14:09:54 [josema]
-> http://www.w3.org/2000/09/dbwg/details?group=42481&public=1 list of participants
14:10:33 [kevin]
kevin has joined #egov
14:10:41 [kevin]
ok I am on
14:10:44 [kjetil]
I'm not going to call in, but if I should leave the channel to allow the team to chat in private...
14:12:00 [josema]
jose: several agencies represented
14:12:09 [josema]
... also people as IE working for agencies
14:12:13 [josema]
... looks good as a start
14:13:00 [kjetil]
ok :-)
14:13:43 [josema]
kevin: I'm in touch with more people from agencies around
14:13:53 [josema]
... trying to find ways to engage them
14:15:55 [kevin]
http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/19406
14:16:08 [kevin]
Jose's article in govmonitor
14:16:15 [josema]
... I'll re-use some of the article to make people aware
14:17:05 [josema]
chris: there are also the web managers roundtable events
14:17:32 [josema]
... one next week, but clashed with the Group call
14:17:52 [josema]
kevin: there's also a Facebook Group for the round table
14:18:13 [josema]
chris: we could draft a statement so they could read before the session
14:18:32 [josema]
ACTION kevin to draft statement to open Round Table event
14:18:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-2 - Draft statement to open Round Table event [on Kevin Novak - due 2008-07-10].
14:20:51 [josema]
chris: any facebook or the like used at W3c?
14:21:21 [josema]
jose: AFAIR, no, sometimes difficult to choose tools
14:21:29 [josema]
... not sure if doable, could find out
14:22:34 [josema]
kevin: maybe we could even write an article together with Carol (OASIS)
14:23:50 [josema]
jose: what about organize one of those Round Tables later in time?
14:23:59 [josema]
chris: yes, would be useful
14:24:13 [josema]
kevin: several of the attendants come from gov
14:24:22 [josema]
... some private industry
14:24:37 [josema]
... Google, Microsoft sponsors from time to time
14:24:49 [josema]
... also some consultancies involved
14:25:09 [josema]
kevin: also blogs related to eGov
14:25:23 [josema]
... maybe we should watch and comment on those blogs, too
14:26:40 [josema]
... this should be a Group task
14:26:49 [josema]
[topic was outreach]
14:27:24 [josema]
TOPIC: engaging Group Members
14:27:46 [josema]
chris: probably difficult time of the year
14:28:05 [josema]
... maybe starting proposing agenda items
14:28:21 [josema]
... get info on what is more interesting, what is not
14:29:21 [josema]
chris: how do you envision the Group's progress in the near future
14:29:29 [josema]
s/future/future?
14:29:35 [josema]
kevin: jose and I talked about how to get the Group together
14:29:48 [josema]
... not splitting it on TF different calls, etc.
14:30:13 [josema]
... maybe in the future and if needed
14:38:40 [josema]
[some talk on StratML and how/if liaise with community]
14:39:02 [josema]
ACTION kevin to get in touch with AIIM
14:39:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-3 - Get in touch with AIIM [on Kevin Novak - due 2008-07-10].
14:40:25 [josema]
[too early to decide, needs more review]
14:40:44 [josema]
kevin: I encourage you to go ahead and add content to the wiki
14:42:37 [josema]
http://www.w3.org/2007/eGov/IG/wiki/Next_Meeting
14:44:31 [josema]
[let's put info up in the wiki and have people contributing]
14:45:05 [josema]
kevin: I encourage TF coordinators to start and pave the path
14:45:15 [josema]
... then people will add, comment, etc.
14:47:48 [oazanon]
oazanon has joined #egov
14:51:08 [josema]
zakim, code?
14:51:08 [Zakim]
the conference code is 26632 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), josema
14:52:02 [josema]
[jose talks about experience traveling and projects, highlights Web guidelines, OS Policies]
14:52:30 [josema]
kevin: we should talk about the specific work of the TFs during the next Group call
14:53:33 [Zakim]
+ +34.63.557.aacc
14:57:49 [josema]
RRSAgent, pointer?
14:57:49 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-irc#T14-57-49
14:58:01 [josema]
[Oscar joins the call]
14:58:19 [josema]
oscar: new to W3C, probably many people the same
14:58:29 [josema]
... we might need some "W3C training"
14:58:57 [josema]
... TF coordinators should dinamyze the Group
14:59:03 [josema]
... couple ideas:
14:59:26 [josema]
... think about want we want to see in the use cases
14:59:36 [josema]
... maybe put a soft deadline
14:59:49 [josema]
... 4-6 weeks, see what people say
15:00:01 [josema]
... definitely put up use cases days asap and see
15:00:17 [josema]
... also a comment:
15:00:48 [josema]
... maybe we should outline how the whole Group process will look like
15:00:53 [josema]
... what after use cases?
15:01:09 [josema]
... probably this needs explanation about how we'll handle it
15:01:46 [josema]
[all agree about the need to detail the process]
15:04:28 [Zakim]
-Chris
15:05:30 [oazanon]
zakim, code?
15:05:30 [Zakim]
the conference code is 26632 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), oazanon
15:07:54 [josema]
ACTION kevin to draft outline Group Activity Plan
15:07:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-4 - Draft outline Group Activity Plan [on Kevin Novak - due 2008-07-10].
15:08:12 [Zakim]
-kevin
15:08:20 [Zakim]
-Josema
15:08:27 [josema]
RRSAgent, list attendees
15:08:27 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'list attendees', josema. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:08:28 [Zakim]
-Oscar
15:08:30 [Zakim]
Team_(egovtf)14:00Z has ended
15:08:31 [Zakim]
Attendees were Josema, +1.202.731.aaaa, kevin, +1.202.488.aabb, Chris, +34.63.557.aacc, Oscar
15:08:36 [josema]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:08:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-minutes.html josema
15:09:23 [josema]
Zakim, list attendees
15:09:23 [Zakim]
sorry, josema, I don't know what conference this is
15:46:46 [josema]
RRSAgent, make minutes
15:46:46 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/03-egov-minutes.html josema
15:51:00 [josema]
RRSAgent, stop