IRC log of tsdtf on 2008-07-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:32:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:32:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-tsdtf-irc
12:32:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:32:35 [shadi]
zakim, this will bbe tsd
12:32:35 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'this will bbe tsd', shadi
12:32:40 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsd
12:32:40 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start 2 minutes ago
12:32:57 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:32:57 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8783 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
12:33:06 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
12:33:06 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has not yet started, shadi
12:33:07 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Christophe, shadi, carlosI
12:33:18 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:33:25 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:33:41 [Zakim]
+shadi
12:33:53 [Zakim]
+CarlosI
12:35:40 [Christophe]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Jun/0024.html
12:35:48 [Christophe]
Chair: Christophe
12:36:19 [Christophe]
regrets: CarlosV, Tim
12:36:55 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Reviewing remapped test samples
12:37:05 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Schedule for meetings during July-August(-September)
12:37:06 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
12:37:55 [shadi]
CS: a few things that need clarification
12:39:41 [shadi]
...testElement, elementName, and specReference are child nodes of testElements
12:40:07 [shadi]
CI: testElements was designed according to the WCAG 2.0 Baseline approach
12:40:19 [shadi]
...we kept it until we see what happens with WCAG 2.0
12:40:27 [shadi]
...still a pending decision
12:41:03 [shadi]
...time to move on, now that we have a clear view of how the WCAG 2.0 concept looks like
12:41:25 [shadi]
...need to take a decision and update the metadata accordingly
12:41:49 [shadi]
CS: the test elements are very useful for filtering the test sample
12:42:15 [shadi]
...WCAG WG looking at creating data to define Accessibility Supported Technologies
12:42:37 [shadi]
...if we drop this, we may drop data that WCAG WG may be interested in
12:45:07 [shadi]
SAZ: seems to be a real issue, we have not revisted this concept since the change of Baseline
12:45:27 [shadi]
...however, AST still under discussion in WCAG WG
12:45:46 [shadi]
...may be best to wait for PR stage of the guidelines until the approach is more stable
12:45:53 [shadi]
...and we understand the requirements
12:46:11 [shadi]
...we can drop this data at anytime, it is not hindering our work right now
12:47:27 [shadi]
SAZ: maybe we should add the sub-nodes of testElements in the metadata
12:47:45 [shadi]
...knowing that it is under discussion and could be dropped at any time
12:48:09 [shadi]
action: CS update the metadata document to reflect the subnodes under testElements
12:49:40 [shadi]
CS: added some notes in the metadata to help me keep track of the updated test samples
12:50:11 [shadi]
...between what is uploaded and what is on the BenToWeb site
12:51:37 [shadi]
SAZ: ok to keep these internal notes for now, but should clarify that it is an internal note
12:51:49 [shadi]
...knowing that they will be dropped when our work is finalized
12:52:33 [shadi]
CI: agree that internal notes are fine, but think we are setting a bad example to misuse elements for a different purpose than it was intended for
12:55:03 [shadi]
SAZ: could we drop this information in the description element?
12:55:24 [shadi]
CI: maybe better to add a specific element for this purpose
12:55:43 [shadi]
...this could be shown or hidden depending on the audience or usage
12:55:54 [shadi]
...but keep that information separate
12:58:46 [shadi]
zakim, pick a victim
12:58:46 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose CarlosI
12:59:17 [shadi]
SAZ: how much additional work is this?
12:59:25 [shadi]
CS: not much work
12:59:35 [shadi]
SAZ: should give a heads-up to the group first
12:59:56 [shadi]
action: CI send a heads-up to the group about adding a new element for internal/development comments
13:01:54 [shadi]
CS: comment on pointers in test sample 18
13:03:40 [shadi]
CI: seems to be inconsistent usage of pointers, need a minimum set of rules on how to use them
13:04:22 [shadi]
CS: would be good to have some rules
13:05:28 [shadi]
CI: could write some
13:05:43 [shadi]
SAZ: doesn't this relate to the Pointers-in-RDF document?
13:06:00 [shadi]
CI: it does, and might be good to address this somewhere
13:09:04 [shadi]
action: SAZ bring this discussion into the ERT WG discussion on Pointers-in-RDF document, to see if these type of rules belong in there
13:12:00 [shadi]
CS: comment on relative vs absolute URI's in test sample 30
13:12:15 [shadi]
SAZ: understand that relative ones are easier for portability
13:12:35 [shadi]
...but absolute ones are easier to work with for people not logged on the server
13:12:53 [shadi]
CS: can we keep until we have the HTML interface on W3 servers?
13:13:13 [shadi]
[no objections]
13:16:03 [shadi]
CS: question on validity in test sample 2
13:16:14 [shadi]
SAZ: might be best to check offline
13:18:12 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:18:12 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Reviewing remapped test samples" taken up [from Christophe]
13:18:19 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:18:19 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Schedule for meetings during July-August(-September)" taken up [from Christophe]
13:18:30 [shadi]
SAZ: confirmed is July 15
13:20:11 [shadi]
SAZ: seem we have low availability from 21 july until end august
13:20:23 [shadi]
...let's figure out week by week
13:21:14 [Zakim]
-shadi
13:21:18 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:21:22 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
13:21:23 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:21:24 [Zakim]
Attendees were Christophe_Strobbe, shadi, CarlosI
14:06:36 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:06:36 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
14:06:44 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:06:48 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:06:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
14:06:49 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:06:53 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:06:53 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
14:06:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS update the metadata document to reflect the subnodes under testElements [1]
14:06:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-tsdtf-irc#T12-48-09
14:06:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CI send a heads-up to the group about adding a new element for internal/development comments [2]
14:06:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-tsdtf-irc#T12-59-56
14:06:53 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ bring this discussion into the ERT WG discussion on Pointers-in-RDF document, to see if these type of rules belong in there [3]
14:06:53 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-tsdtf-irc#T13-09-04