IRC log of mwts on 2008-07-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:46:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:46:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-irc
14:46:52 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:46:52 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
14:46:52 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 14 minutes
14:46:57 [dom]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
14:47:04 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Jun/0033.html
14:47:12 [dom]
Chair: Dom
14:55:12 [dom]
zakim, ping me in 4 minutes
14:55:12 [Zakim]
ok, dom
14:59:12 [Zakim]
dom, you asked to be pinged at this time
14:59:26 [wilhelm]
wilhelm has joined #mwts
14:59:53 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
15:00:13 [Zakim]
+??P12
15:00:20 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm
15:01:29 [dom]
zakim, code?
15:01:29 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:01:50 [Zakim]
+ +1.857.362.aaaa
15:02:07 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is dom
15:02:07 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:02:17 [dom]
zakim, ??P12 is Kai
15:02:17 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
15:02:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.857.362.aabb
15:02:38 [dom]
zakim, aabb is Dmitri
15:02:38 [Zakim]
+Dmitri; got it
15:03:24 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test
15:04:12 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review the DOM Level 2 Style sheet test case proposed by wilhelm [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE]
15:04:53 [dom]
Dom: looks technically good, but not sure it is specific to mobile enough to deserve being included
15:05:07 [dom]
Wilhelm: it is not mobile specific, indeed; a generic test for style sheets DOM
15:05:46 [dom]
... but they are pretty useful for various web applications
15:06:54 [dom]
Dom: but is there a strong need for using dom style sheets support from the community?
15:07:09 [dom]
Wilhelm: I don't have a strong opinion for this particular feature - but think we should test for DOM Level 2 support
15:07:41 [dom]
Dom: ok, let's go with that one for the next release
15:08:14 [dom]
Kai: I'm struggling to see the use cases for DOM style sheets - which web apps want to use it or do use it?
15:08:45 [dom]
... manipulating style from scripts seems like breaking the separation between presentation/logic
15:09:20 [dom]
Wilhelm: make sense; probably should test for something else then... Any suggestion?
15:09:29 [dom]
Kai: I'm interested in events in general
15:10:50 [dom]
Dom: what about Mutation events? they are part of DOM Level 3 events, (not a rec, but quite stable)
15:10:57 [dom]
... they seem to be quite useful
15:11:06 [dom]
Kai: yeah, that's what I had in mind
15:11:11 [dom]
Wilhelm: sounds good
15:13:10 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to propose a test case around DOM mutation events
15:13:51 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to propose an updated AJAX test with onload (or other event) added [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [DONE]
15:14:08 [dom]
Kai: I added a window.onload() call to xhtmlhttprequest.js
15:14:12 [dom]
... a one-line change
15:14:59 [dom]
http://static.webvm.net/wct/xmlhttprequest.js
15:15:13 [dom]
Kai: is window.onload standard?
15:15:40 [dom]
Dom: I think you're supposed to put the onload event on the body element
15:15:53 [dom]
e.g. body = document.getElementByTagName("body")[0]
15:15:59 [wilhelm]
<body onload='foo()'>
15:15:59 [dom]
body.onload("foo")
15:16:37 [hendry]
hendry has joined #mwts
15:16:40 [hendry]
http://git.webvm.net/?p=wct;a=commitdiff;h=ffceaad60e690600b2f56fd43755fe7e77da38ed
15:17:51 [hendry]
<body onload="callXMLFile()">
15:19:11 [hendry]
window != body
15:19:47 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to update the onload event in xhtmlhttprequest.js
15:19:57 [dom]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-Window-20060407/
15:21:05 [hendry]
<body onload="callXMLFile()"> is very common (i see it all the time)
15:22:09 [dom]
Dom: you also have a proposed update to the cookies test
15:22:20 [dom]
Kai: mostly a js-lint clean up of the test
15:22:24 [hendry]
http://git.webvm.net/?p=wct;a=commitdiff;h=1deec9ed09888d858511130b42e0ab623a665867
15:22:26 [dom]
Wilhelm: plus the unicode thing, right?
15:23:01 [dom]
Kai: looking at the cookies RFC, the acceptable documentations are quite interesting
15:23:09 [dom]
... wondering whether we should target these
15:23:25 [dom]
... maybe that's going too far
15:23:48 [dom]
... I think cookies support is one of the things were bad browsers can react pretty badly
15:24:35 [dom]
dom: sounds like a good idea in general, but maybe not in the WCTMB?
15:24:52 [dom]
... I would support building a set of test cases around cookies after we're done with WCTMB
15:26:16 [dom]
... Wilhelm, what do you think about unicode based cookies?
15:26:19 [dom]
Wilhelm: not sure
15:26:37 [dom]
Kai: your original test used "escape" - I think it is deprecated
15:27:02 [dom]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/mobile-test/cookie.js?rev=1.2&content-type=text/plain
15:29:24 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to update cookies test based on Kai's suggestions
15:29:32 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to request a CVS account for Kai
15:30:19 [dom]
[Kai, BTW, you suggested the removal of the data: uri test: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Apr/0005.html :) ]
15:30:36 [dom]
Kai: what about the data: uri test? do you think that's a good idea
15:31:03 [dom]
Wilhelm: we could include it as part of the canvas test
15:31:39 [dom]
dom: I would support having this as part of the canvas test
15:31:56 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to update canvas test to use data: URL scheme
15:32:39 [dom]
Kai: I've also noticed data-attribute being discussed on HTML5
15:33:38 [dom]
dom: probably too early for inclusion in the test
15:34:24 [dom]
Topic: Mobile Browser Concurrency Test
15:34:29 [dom]
http://www.cloudfour.com/36/mobile-browser-concurrency-test/
15:34:37 [dom]
Dom: a performance test for mobile browsers
15:36:29 [dom]
... is performance a good topic for our next deliverable?
15:36:31 [dom]
Wilhelm: sounds good
15:36:34 [dom]
Kai: +1
15:38:19 [dom]
Topic: next meeting
15:38:27 [dom]
Dom: next meeting on July 22nd
15:40:52 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:40:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-minutes.html dom
15:42:29 [Zakim]
-Kai
15:42:30 [Zakim]
-Wilhelm
15:42:30 [Zakim]
-dom
15:42:32 [Zakim]
-Dmitri
15:42:32 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:42:34 [Zakim]
Attendees were Wilhelm, +1.857.362.aaaa, dom, Kai, +1.857.362.aabb, Dmitri
15:48:23 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:48:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-minutes.html dom
15:48:27 [dom]
Zakim, bye
15:48:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
15:48:29 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
I see 7 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-actions.rdf :
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to review the DOM Level 2 Style sheet test case proposed by wilhelm [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-mwts-minutes.html#action06] [DONE] [1]
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-irc#T15-04-12
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to propose a test case around DOM mutation events [2]
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-irc#T15-13-10
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to propose an updated AJAX test with onload (or other event) added [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [DONE] [3]
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-irc#T15-13-51
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to update the onload event in xhtmlhttprequest.js [4]
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-irc#T15-19-47
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to update cookies test based on Kai's suggestions [5]
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-irc#T15-29-24
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to request a CVS account for Kai [6]
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-irc#T15-29-32
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to update canvas test to use data: URL scheme [7]
15:48:29 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/07/01-mwts-irc#T15-31-56