IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-06-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:01:29 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:29 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-wai-wcag-irc
20:01:34 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:01:41 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:41 [Ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:01:41 [Zakim]
ok, Ben, I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM already started
20:01:48 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:01:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P0, Alex_Li
20:01:58 [Ben]
zakim, ??P0 is Ben_Caldwell
20:01:58 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:01:59 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:04 [bengt]
bengt has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:10 [Sofia]
zakim, Alex_Li has Sofia_Celic
20:02:10 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic; got it
20:02:14 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:02:49 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008AprJun/0094.html
20:03:04 [Ben]
Chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:03:17 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:03:26 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 26 June 2008
20:03:39 [Zakim]
+Don
20:04:04 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:04:19 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:04:21 [bengt]
zakim, ??P5 is Bengt_Farre
20:04:21 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:04:55 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:32 [Ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Ellero, Drew_LaHart, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Tim_Boland, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Bruce_Bailey, Christopher_Brownrigg, Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Scano
20:05:45 [Ben]
zakim, [IBM is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:05:45 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:05:59 [Ben]
scribe: Ben
20:06:05 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:06:05 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Ben]
20:06:18 [Ben]
Topic: Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:06:22 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:35 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.219.aaaa
20:06:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.757.aabb
20:06:42 [Ben]
meetings with evaluators in progress, hope to be ready to go when implementations arrive
20:06:49 [Drew]
zakim, +1.410 is Drew
20:06:49 [Zakim]
+Drew; got it
20:07:08 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-WCAG
20:07:32 [Ben]
zakim, 1.617 is probably Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:07:32 [Zakim]
sorry, Ben, I do not understand your question
20:07:33 [awk]
finally on IRC - it must be my turn to scribe
20:07:53 [Ben]
zakim, +1.617 is probably Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:07:53 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick?; got it
20:08:48 [Ben]
open question: to what extend should the WG review evaluations?
20:09:25 [don]
don has joined #wai-wcag
20:09:40 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:09:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Ben_Caldwell, Alex_Li, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Don, Bengt_Farre, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Andrew_Kirkpatrick?, Drew
20:09:42 [Zakim]
Alex_Li has Sofia_Celic
20:10:10 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:10:27 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/CR-eval/
20:10:30 [don]
don has joined #wai-wcag
20:12:04 [don]
don has left #wai-wcag
20:13:37 [Ben]
Action: Andi and Alex to consider proposals for WG review of evaluations
20:14:19 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
20:14:19 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:14:20 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
20:14:21 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 26 June 2008 [from Ben]
20:14:25 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:14:25 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 26 June 2008" taken up [from Ben]
20:14:25 [Administrator]
Administrator has joined #wai-wcag
20:14:37 [Ben]
Topic: Issue 2600: accessibility supported technology
20:16:46 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accepted as proposed.
20:17:03 [Ben]
Topic: Replace sufficient technique for 1.1.1: Providing link text that identifies ...
20:18:21 [Ben]
Action: Sofia to add example to H30 to cover scenario where an image is followed by a link to a text alternative
20:19:11 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Replace the undrafted technique "Providing link text that identifies the non-text content and describes the purpose of the link" with H30
20:19:23 [Ben]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Using page-percent for container sizes
20:20:43 [Sofia]
q+
20:20:56 [Loretta]
ack s
20:23:54 [don]
don has joined #wai-wcag
20:23:57 [don]
don has left #wai-wcag
20:24:04 [don]
don has joined #wai-wcag
20:26:32 [Zakim]
+??P9
20:26:44 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept Using percentage values in CSS for container sizes as amended
20:27:03 [Ben]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Specifying borders and layout in CSS to delineate areas ...
20:29:07 [Administrator]
david
20:31:26 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept Specifying borders and layout in CSS to delineate areas of a Web page while not specifying text and text-background colors as amended
20:31:48 [Ben]
Topic: Providing options within the content to switch to a layout that does not require the user to scroll horizontally to read a line of text
20:34:52 [Administrator]
zakim, unmute me
20:34:52 [Zakim]
sorry, Administrator, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
20:35:27 [Ben]
zakim, ??P9 is David_MacDonald
20:35:27 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
20:35:39 [Administrator]
zakim, unmute me
20:35:39 [Zakim]
sorry, Administrator, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
20:36:07 [Zakim]
-Drew
20:40:23 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: Accept "Providing options within the content to switch to a layout that does not require the user to scroll horizontally to read a line of text" as amended.
20:40:44 [Administrator]
I'll try to get a few
20:40:53 [Ben]
Present: Ben_Caldwell, Alex_Li, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Don_Evans, Bengt_Farre, Andi_Snow-Weaver, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Drew_LaHart, David_MacDonald
20:41:00 [Ben]
RRSAgent, pointer?
20:41:00 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-wai-wcag-irc#T20-41-00
20:42:42 [Administrator]
we'd have along meeting
20:43:24 [Ben]
concerns raised about status on external techniques
20:43:39 [awk]
awk has left #WAI-WCAG
20:44:26 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
20:44:26 [Zakim]
agendum 2 closed
20:44:27 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
20:44:41 [Administrator]
It'll be a bit rough for me 2am India
20:45:09 [Ben]
RESOLUTION: No meeting next week (July 3, 2008)
20:45:28 [Administrator]
see ya!
20:45:28 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick?
20:45:29 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:45:31 [Zakim]
-Alex_Li
20:45:36 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:45:39 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
20:45:40 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
20:45:40 [Zakim]
-Don
20:45:45 [Ben]
zakim, bye
20:45:45 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Ben_Caldwell, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Sofia_Celic, Don, [IBM], Bengt_Farre, Andi_Snow-Weaver, +1.617.219.aaaa, +1.410.757.aabb, Drew,
20:45:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
20:45:47 [Andi]
quit
20:45:49 [Zakim]
... Andrew_Kirkpatrick?, David_MacDonald
20:45:49 [Andi]
Andi has left #wai-wcag
20:45:56 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
20:45:56 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
20:45:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andi and Alex to consider proposals for WG review of evaluations [1]
20:45:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-wai-wcag-irc#T20-13-37
20:45:56 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Sofia to add example to H30 to cover scenario where an image is followed by a link to a text alternative [2]
20:45:56 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/26-wai-wcag-irc#T20-18-21
20:46:00 [Sofia]
Sofia has left #wai-wcag
20:46:02 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
20:46:05 [donfevans]
donfevans has left #wai-wcag