IRC log of mwts on 2008-06-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:44:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:44:52 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:44:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:44:58 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:44:58 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
14:44:58 [dom]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
14:44:58 [Zakim]
dom, I18N_ITS IG()10:00AM is already associated with an irc channel; use 'move TS to here' if you mean to reassociate the channel
14:45:10 [dom]
14:45:12 [dom]
Chair: Dom
14:45:15 [dom]
Regrets: Dmitir
14:45:18 [dom]
14:55:59 [wilhelm]
wilhelm has joined #mwts
14:59:33 [dom]
zakim, code?
14:59:33 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I don't know what conference this is
14:59:47 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
14:59:47 [Zakim]
"TS" matches MWI_TSWG()11:00AM, and I18N_ITS IG()10:00AM, dom
14:59:48 [hendry]
hendry has joined #mwts
14:59:51 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TSWG
14:59:51 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
14:59:56 [dom]
zakim, code?
14:59:56 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:00:03 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
15:00:11 [Zakim]
15:01:26 [hendry]
hmm, trying to call...
15:01:48 [Zakim]
+ +47.24.16.aaaa
15:01:59 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is Wilhelm
15:01:59 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm; got it
15:02:59 [hendry]
15:03:49 [Zakim]
15:04:02 [dom]
zakim, ??P34 is Kai
15:04:02 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
15:04:25 [dom]
-> Proposed new cookies test
15:05:16 [dom]
Wilhelm: from what I understand, the value part of a cookie can't contain spaces
15:05:33 [dom]
... the new test should work in all cookies-enabled browsers
15:05:55 [hendry] # I want to test events
15:06:13 [dom]
-> definition of syntax for cookie header
15:06:20 [dom]
15:06:43 [dom]
-> Diff showing addition of cookies test
15:07:42 [hendry]
15:08:07 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look into whether whitespace is allowed in cookies (when escaped/quoted)
15:09:15 [dom]
s/quoted)/quoted) [DROPPED]/
15:09:19 [hendry]
is encodeURIComponent the same as escape ?
15:09:38 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to check the cookies test (and in particular why opera is failing it) [recorded in] [DONE]
15:10:00 [dom]
15:10:52 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to investigate an IRI test case [recorded in] [DONE]
15:10:52 [dom]
-> IRI test case added to WCTMB
15:12:07 [dom]
RESOLVED: cookies and IRI get added to WCTMB
15:12:32 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to investigate why the inputmode test creates a larger box [recorded in] [DROPPED]
15:13:07 [hendry]
cookie.js:3:42:Unexpected use of '++'.
15:13:07 [hendry]
cookie.js:5:30:'escape' is undefined.
15:13:07 [hendry]
cookie.js:5:27:Expected '===' and instead saw '=='.
15:13:07 [hendry]
cookie.js:7:24:'unescape' is undefined.
15:13:07 [hendry]
cookie.js:18:21:Parens are not needed here.
15:13:09 [hendry]
cookie.js:20:44:Missing semicolon.
15:13:11 [wilhelm]
15:13:12 [hendry]
cookie.js:22:23:'escape' is undefined.
15:13:15 [hendry]
cookie.js:22:47:'escape' is undefined.
15:13:17 [hendry]
cookie.js:27:26:Expected '===' and instead saw '=='.
15:13:19 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to propose a DOM test case to complete the new version of the WCTMB [recorded in] [DONE]
15:13:20 [hendry]
(output from JSlint)
15:13:31 [dom]
-> proposed test for dom level 2 style sheet support
15:14:00 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to review the DOM Level 2 Style sheet test case proposed by wilhelm
15:14:05 [dom]
15:15:00 [dom]
Kai: are events problematic on mobile browsers? if so, could be interesting to add one on that topic?
15:15:43 [dom]
... onload is pretty generic, but the more interesting ones are like "onkeep" or "onchange"
15:15:49 [dom]
15:15:56 [dom]
... but they would require user interaction
15:16:32 [hendry]
p pass on S60 webkit btw
15:17:12 [dom]
Dom: what about integrating an event in Wilhelm's test?
15:17:18 [dom]
Wilhelm: that might be possible
15:17:41 [dom]
Kai: might make more sense in the AJAX test
15:18:03 [dom]
Dom: would you be willing to look at doing this?
15:18:22 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to propose an updated AJAX test with onload (or other event) added
15:19:05 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to check on the report of contenteditable bug [recorded [recorded in] [DONE]
15:19:16 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look into the harder SVG test [recorded in] [DONE]
15:19:16 [dom]
-> Review of harder SVG test
15:21:09 [dom]
Topic: Charter extension
15:21:19 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to request charter extension for 6 more months [recorded in] [DONE]
15:21:19 [dom]
-> WG extended until end of 2008
15:21:34 [dom]
Topic: Summer schedule
15:22:15 [dom]
Dom: I'll be away on July 8, 15
15:22:20 [dom]
Kai: busy on July 15
15:22:45 [dom]
Dom: so next meetings, July 1st, July 22nd
15:22:57 [dom]
... July 29th
15:23:33 [dom]
... Let's cancel our meetings in August
15:24:02 [Zakim]
15:24:03 [Zakim]
15:24:03 [Zakim]
15:24:05 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:24:07 [Zakim]
Attendees were Dom, +47.24.16.aaaa, Wilhelm, Kai
15:24:20 [hendry]
hendry has left #mwts
15:25:00 [dom]
i/hmm/Topic: Web Compatibility Test for Mobile Browsers/
15:25:05 [dom]
RRSAgent, draftm inutes
15:25:05 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'draftm inutes', dom. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:25:08 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:25:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
15:25:10 [wilhelm]
wilhelm has left #mwts
15:26:49 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/
15:26:51 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:26:52 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:26:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
17:06:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts