IRC log of i18nits on 2008-06-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:55:41 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #i18nits
13:55:41 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-irc
13:56:30 [YvesS]
zakim, this will be i18n ITS IG
13:56:30 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, YvesS
13:56:39 [YvesS]
zakim, this will be i18n_TS
13:56:39 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, YvesS
13:57:49 [YvesS]
zakim, this will be i18n_ITS IG
13:57:49 [Zakim]
ok, YvesS, I see I18N_ITS IG()10:00AM already started
13:58:44 [YvesS]
rrsagent, make log public
13:59:34 [fsasaki]
fsasaki has joined #i18nits
14:00:10 [fsasaki]
meeting: I18N ITS
14:00:12 [fsasaki]
chair: Yves
14:00:14 [fsasaki]
scribe: Felix
14:00:19 [fsasaki]
scribeNick: fsasaki
14:00:42 [fsasaki]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Jun/0025.html
14:01:04 [najib]
najib has joined #i18Nits
14:01:16 [Zakim]
+ +33.2.99.46.aabb
14:01:26 [Zakim]
+ +5989991aacc
14:02:01 [YvesS]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +3531205aaaa, +33.2.99.46.aabb, +5989991aacc
14:02:01 [Zakim]
On IRC I see najib, fsasaki, RRSAgent, Zakim, YvesS, camill, trackbot
14:02:39 [YvesS]
zakim, 33.2.99.46.aabb is Yves
14:02:43 [Zakim]
+ +95496aadd
14:02:48 [YvesS]
zakim, who is here?
14:02:55 [Zakim]
sorry, YvesS, I do not recognize a party named '33.2.99.46.aabb'
14:03:02 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +3531205aaaa, +33.2.99.46.aabb, +5989991aacc, +95496aadd
14:03:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see najib, fsasaki, RRSAgent, Zakim, YvesS, camill, trackbot
14:04:10 [Zakim]
+??P32
14:05:16 [fsasaki]
present: Yves, Najib, Camil
14:05:27 [YvesS]
ingo, rodolfo
14:05:43 [fsasaki]
present+ ingo, rodolfo
14:05:50 [fsasaki]
regrets: Asgeir
14:06:02 [YvesS]
asgeir, robert sent appologies
14:06:05 [fsasaki]
regrets+ robert
14:06:31 [fsasaki]
topic: action items
14:06:46 [fsasaki]
Felix and Yves to compare their implemntations - ongoing
14:06:54 [YvesS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Jun/0014.html
14:07:22 [fsasaki]
Yves: same programing approach in both implementations, different from streaming
14:07:35 [fsasaki]
.. we use DOM and decorate the tree
14:08:31 [fsasaki]
Felix: agree, should look into how to merge the code
14:09:02 [fsasaki]
Rodolfo: looking forward to XLIFF export filter
14:09:09 [fsasaki]
Yves: will continue work on that
14:10:14 [fsasaki]
(discussion on user defined data in DOM)
14:11:15 [fsasaki]
rodolfo: use libraries like jdom or dom4j which allow you to deal with parser independent information
14:11:50 [fsasaki]
action: Yves to post java code to the list
14:11:50 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-73 - Post java code to the list [on Yves Savourel - due 2008-07-01].
14:12:46 [fsasaki]
rodolfo: if you deal with large files you need a lot of memory
14:12:55 [fsasaki]
.. propose to look into SAX handlers
14:13:18 [fsasaki]
Yves: agree, related to ITS streaming topic
14:14:51 [fsasaki]
Felix: thanks for the feedback. Probably we need an additional mechanism than the selector attribute that fits to SAX processing
14:15:06 [fsasaki]
Yves: keep the AI open
14:15:18 [fsasaki]
Next AI - Access module review
14:15:20 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Jun/0000.html
14:17:13 [fsasaki]
Felix: don't think that we need a review, see mail
14:17:23 [fsasaki]
Yves: agree
14:17:56 [fsasaki]
Rodolfo: would be better to use an URL/URI
14:19:01 [fsasaki]
(comment about the API)
14:19:28 [fsasaki]
close AI 2, Next AI 3 - Felix to work on usage of ITS in SVG Tiny
14:20:15 [fsasaki]
Felix: pending, waiting for the SVG Tiny schema
14:20:30 [fsasaki]
action A4 - Felix will bring Atom case to i18n core
14:20:30 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - A4
14:21:11 [fsasaki]
pending as well
14:21:21 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Processor API
14:21:31 [fsasaki]
discussed during AI discussion
14:21:39 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Streaming processor
14:21:44 [YvesS]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Jun/thread.html#msg8
14:23:47 [fsasaki]
Rodolfo: what is the reasonable size of documents?
14:23:56 [fsasaki]
Yves: daily work: 2, 3 MByte files
14:24:30 [fsasaki]
Rodolfo: for that size DOM should be fine
14:25:08 [fsasaki]
Yves: without pointer attributes you might be fine with simplified XPath expression
14:25:51 [fsasaki]
Rodolfo: saxon is very common
14:26:02 [fsasaki]
.. provides XPath support for SAX engine
14:26:14 [fsasaki]
Yves: what are the limitations of XPath expressions here?
14:26:40 [fsasaki]
Rodolfo: don't know
14:27:20 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to look into XPath expressivity in SAX engine of saxon
14:27:20 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-74 - Look into XPath expressivity in SAX engine of saxon [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-07-01].
14:28:58 [fsasaki]
topic: local way of specifying inline elements
14:29:04 [fsasaki]
Ingo describes the topic
14:31:53 [fsasaki]
Yves: Ingo, could you provide a use case?
14:32:04 [fsasaki]
Ingo: will look into that
14:32:24 [fsasaki]
action: Ingo to put together a use case for the local "Elements within Text" usage
14:32:24 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Ingo
14:32:57 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Processor with XSLT
14:33:25 [fsasaki]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-i18n-its-ig/2008Jun/0027.html
14:33:35 [YvesS]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Translate_Decorator
14:33:35 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/International/its/wiki/ITS_Translate_Decorator
14:34:58 [Jirka2]
Jirka2 has joined #i18nits
14:35:38 [Jirka2]
hi, I'm sorry for being late. Should I make call now or are you already finished with callM
14:37:31 [fsasaki]
Camille: understand the explanation. Doing a lot of XSLT processing
14:37:56 [fsasaki]
.. for little projects we do that, for bigger projects we may use Java
14:38:04 [fsasaki]
present+ Jirka
14:38:31 [fsasaki]
Yves: Felix will be happy about input on XSLT implementation. One issue was if XSLT 2.0 is OK
14:38:57 [fsasaki]
Camille: problem with XSLT 2.0 is the low number of processors, and grammar is a bit more complex than 1.0
14:39:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.747.670.aaee
14:39:04 [rmraya]
rmraya has joined #i18nits
14:40:02 [fsasaki]
Felix: many thanks for the feedback, if you have time to run this it would be great
14:41:19 [fsasaki]
Yves: next steps, see " Further development" section
14:41:25 [fsasaki]
Felix: sorry, can't give a timeline yet
14:41:43 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS-oriented reviews of new XML specifications
14:42:42 [fsasaki]
http://www.w3.org/TR/#last-call
14:44:03 [fsasaki]
Felix: volunteer to look into XSD
14:44:25 [fsasaki]
action: Felix to look into XSD 1.1
14:44:25 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-75 - Look into XSD 1.1 [on Felix Sasaki - due 2008-07-01].
14:44:33 [fsasaki]
Jirka: look into SSML
14:44:40 [fsasaki]
action: Jirka to look into SSML 1.1
14:44:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-76 - Look into SSML 1.1 [on Jirka Kosek - due 2008-07-01].
14:45:13 [fsasaki]
topic: ITS Rules repository
14:46:48 [fsasaki]
Felix: would be great to have somebody looking into ODF
14:46:56 [fsasaki]
Yves: good idea, but huge task
14:47:13 [fsasaki]
.. if you have time to look into ODF, please have a look
14:47:24 [rmraya]
what about OOXML?
14:47:24 [fsasaki]
action: Everybody to look into ITS usage in ODF
14:47:24 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Everybody
14:48:19 [fsasaki]
rodolfo: ODF has a lot of elements, but e.g. mostly one element for inline (span)
14:49:12 [fsasaki]
rodolfo: how about OOXML?
14:49:42 [fsasaki]
Yves: good point, but it's quite different to ODF
14:50:06 [fsasaki]
.. also a good candidate to look at
14:50:19 [fsasaki]
topic: AOB
14:50:31 [fsasaki]
ingo: additional data category to handle context?
14:50:49 [fsasaki]
Yves: like information to be displayed, but not a note?
14:50:52 [fsasaki]
Ingo: yes
14:51:01 [fsasaki]
Yves: good idea, can you make a use case?
14:51:06 [fsasaki]
Ingo: ok
14:51:11 [fsasaki]
Yves: any AOB?
14:51:40 [fsasaki]
Camille: someone complained about docbook, no ruby markup support, ongoing topic on docbook
14:51:56 [fsasaki]
.. jirka mentioned i18n of docbook, i18n might be integrated into main schema
14:52:44 [fsasaki]
Yves: adjourn this meeting, next call July 22nd
14:53:13 [Zakim]
- +5989991aacc
14:53:14 [Zakim]
- +3531205aaaa
14:53:14 [Zakim]
-Felix
14:53:16 [Zakim]
- +33.2.99.46.aabb
14:53:17 [Zakim]
- +1.747.670.aaee
14:53:19 [Zakim]
I18N_ITS IG()10:00AM has ended
14:53:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were +3531205aaaa, +33.2.99.46.aabb, +5989991aacc, +95496aadd, Felix, +1.747.670.aaee
14:53:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-minutes.html fsasaki
14:54:02 [fsasaki]
present+ Felix
14:54:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-minutes.html fsasaki
14:55:00 [fsasaki]
zakim, bye
14:55:00 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #i18nits
14:55:02 [fsasaki]
rrsagent, bye
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-actions.rdf :
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to post java code to the list [1]
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-irc#T14-11-50
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Felix to look into XPath expressivity in SAX engine of saxon [2]
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-irc#T14-27-20
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ingo to put together a use case for the local "Elements within Text" usage [3]
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-irc#T14-32-24
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Felix to look into XSD 1.1 [4]
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-irc#T14-44-25
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Jirka to look into SSML 1.1 [5]
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-irc#T14-44-40
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Everybody to look into ITS usage in ODF [6]
14:55:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/24-i18nits-irc#T14-47-24-1