IRC log of xproc on 2008-06-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:59:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
14:59:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to
15:00:05 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
15:00:05 [Norm]
Date: 19 June 2008
15:00:05 [Norm]
15:00:05 [Norm]
Meeting: 116
15:00:05 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
15:00:06 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
15:00:10 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
15:00:22 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has now started
15:00:29 [Zakim]
15:00:40 [Vojtech]
Vojtech has joined #xproc
15:00:44 [Zakim]
15:01:23 [Zakim]
15:01:28 [ruilopes]
Zakim, [I is me
15:01:28 [Zakim]
+ruilopes; got it
15:01:31 [Zakim]
15:01:48 [Norm]
Zakim, who's on the phne?
15:01:48 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Norm.
15:01:50 [Norm]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:01:50 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PGrosso, Norm, ruilopes, Vojtech
15:03:02 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
15:03:02 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
15:03:04 [Zakim]
15:05:48 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
15:05:48 [Norm]
15:05:59 [Norm]
Norm proposes to add C14N to the agenda
15:06:17 [Norm]
Accepted as amended.
15:06:24 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
15:06:24 [Norm]
15:06:30 [Norm]
Norm: Thank you, Henry, for chairing.
15:06:35 [Norm]
Norm: And scribing!
15:06:38 [Norm]
15:06:41 [ht]
Vonage dropped me!
15:06:43 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon 26 June 2008?
15:06:46 [ht]
zakim, disconnect ht
15:06:46 [Zakim]
Ht is being disconnected
15:06:48 [Zakim]
15:06:49 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
15:06:49 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
15:06:51 [Zakim]
15:07:06 [Norm]
None regrets heard.
15:07:22 [Norm]
Topic: Comments on current editor's draft?
15:07:45 [Norm]
Norm: Anyone looked at it?
15:07:50 [Norm]
Henry: Not I, sorry.
15:08:13 [Norm]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
15:08:13 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PGrosso, Norm, ruilopes, Vojtech, Ht
15:08:21 [Norm]
Present: Paul, Norm, Rui, Vojtech, Henry
15:08:21 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
15:08:50 [Norm]
Topic: p:filter select expressions
15:09:12 [Norm]
Norm: I put this on because there was a thread, but I think it all resolved itself.
15:09:58 [Norm]
Norm: The p:filter step needs to throw an error if you get non-nodes.
15:10:12 [Norm]
Vojtech: Yes, and I wanted to reuse an XD error but we should use a component error.
15:10:31 [Zakim]
15:10:46 [Norm]
Present: Paul, Norm, Rui, Vojtech, Henry, Alex
15:11:18 [Norm]
Topic: Error code QNames
15:11:42 [Norm]
Vojtech: Can the p:error step throw err:XD* errors?
15:11:47 [Norm]
Norm: I think it should be allowed to.
15:12:16 [Norm]
Vojtech: I think it makes it possible for a step to re-throw errors, which could be usefl.
15:12:34 [Norm]
Norm: Anyone opposed?
15:13:21 [Norm]
Proposal: there are no constraints on what errors p:error can throw.
15:13:34 [Norm]
Rui: What about static errors?
15:14:43 [Norm]
Norm: The fact that you'd have to throw an error if someone attempted to throw an error that they're not allowed to throw is sufficiently bizarre that I think we shouldn't bother.
15:14:56 [Norm]
15:15:13 [Norm]
Topic: C14N support
15:15:19 [Norm]
Norm attempt to summarize the minutes
15:17:45 [Norm]
Norm: For V1.0, let's leave it up to implementors to use an implementation-defined method.
15:19:38 [Norm]
Alex: But if someone wanted to do it, they'd need to use extension attributes
15:19:50 [Norm]
Some discussion about whether or not extension attributes are allowed on p:serialization. They are.
15:20:07 [Norm]
Alex: I'm ok with this story.
15:20:17 [Norm]
Proposal: Do nothing for this in V1.0
15:20:39 [Norm]
Norm observes that Mohamed isn't here, but hopefull that'll be ok.
15:20:46 [Norm]
15:21:09 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
15:21:18 [Norm]
Alex: There were some questions about http-request.
15:21:27 [alexmilowski]
15:23:00 [MoZ]
MoZ has joined #xproc
15:23:45 [Norm]
Vojtech: If @detailed is false, is the c:body element generated or not?
15:24:48 [Norm]
Alex: If it's not specified, you get the raw content for XML media types, otherwise you get a c:body with data inside.
15:25:17 [Norm]
Vojtech: It seems clear to me now.
15:26:28 [Norm]
Alex: You can put multipart inside multipart, but I don't think we should try to deal with that.
15:26:43 [Norm]
...I think we should only do the first level.
15:27:12 [Norm]
Vojtech: But there's no way you can dive deeper into the multipart-mixed
15:27:53 [Norm]
Alex: There's a hole there, but I don't think I want to get http-request to dig deeper
15:28:12 [Norm]
Norm: I'm comfortable with the answer.
15:28:29 [Norm]
Vojtech: I was just wondering
15:28:53 [Norm]
Proposal: We're only going to support one-level of de-multiparting.
15:29:27 [Norm]
ACTION: Alex to add a note to the spec to indicate that we'll only do one level.
15:35:14 [Norm]
Some discussion of content-type vs. encoding.
15:37:33 [Norm]
Vojtech: Then maybe what's missing is some discussion of what to do if the encoding is base64
15:39:05 [Norm]
Norm: Maybe an example that uses base64 encoding would help.
15:39:11 [Norm]
Vojtech: The test suite could cover this.
15:40:29 [Norm]
ACTION: Norm+Alex to construct examples for the test suite
15:43:50 [Norm]
Some discussion of the note at the end of the "Converting Response Entity Bodies" section (7.1.9/10.4)
15:44:14 [Norm]
Alex: If you send the data with a non-Unicode character encoding, that's not our problem.
15:44:39 [Norm]
Proposal: Strike the note.
15:45:14 [Norm]
15:45:49 [Norm]
15:45:52 [Zakim]
15:45:53 [Zakim]
15:45:53 [Zakim]
15:45:53 [Zakim]
15:45:56 [Norm]
RRSAgent, set logs world-visible
15:45:58 [Zakim]
15:45:59 [Norm]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:45:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Norm
15:50:39 [Zakim]
15:50:41 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
15:50:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were PGrosso, Norm, [IPcaller], ruilopes, Vojtech, Ht, alexmilowski
15:51:01 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
17:26:21 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc
18:32:40 [Norm]
Norm has joined #xproc
18:43:27 [Norm]
Norm has joined #xproc