IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-06-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:03:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-wai-wcag-irc
20:04:15 [Ben]
zakim, list conferences
20:04:16 [Zakim]
I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM, WAI_PFWG(ARIA)3:00PM active
20:04:18 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are XML_SMLWG(Editors)4:00PM, WAI_UAWG()2:00PM, WAI_EOWG(UMTF)2:00PM
20:04:20 [Ben]
zakim, this is WAI_WCAG
20:04:20 [Zakim]
ok, Ben; that matches WAI_WCAG()3:00PM
20:04:27 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:04:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, ??P6, ??P8
20:04:32 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
20:04:33 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:35 [Ben]
zakim, ??P8 is Gregg_and_Ben
20:04:35 [Zakim]
+Gregg_and_Ben; got it
20:05:02 [Zakim]
+??P11
20:05:15 [David_MacDonald]
David is p6? i think
20:05:18 [rellero]
zakim, ?PP11 is Roberto_Ellero
20:05:20 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero, I do not recognize a party named '?PP11'
20:05:25 [Ben]
zakim, ??P6 is David_MacDonald
20:05:25 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
20:05:37 [rellero]
04 01zakim, ??P11 is Roberto_Ellero
20:05:52 [David_MacDonald]
I'm talking can you hear me
20:06:11 [Loretta]
NO.
20:06:11 [rellero]
zakim, ?P11 is Roberto_Ellero
20:06:11 [Zakim]
sorry, rellero, I do not recognize a party named '?P11'
20:06:22 [David_MacDonald]
my mother would like that
20:06:30 [rellero]
zakim, ??P11 is Roberto_Ellero
20:06:30 [Zakim]
+Roberto_Ellero; got it
20:06:31 [Loretta]
(Sorry to shout!)
20:06:34 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:06:46 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008AprJun/0081.html
20:06:52 [David_MacDonald]
I'l try to get my headset working
20:07:00 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:07:07 [David_MacDonald]
I can hear ok
20:07:09 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008, first 3 questions
20:07:22 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 19 June 2008
20:07:37 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:07:37 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero, Cooper
20:07:54 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:07:55 [Zakim]
+Don
20:07:59 [David_MacDonald]
I'm still trying to get my talking to work
20:08:36 [Ben]
scribe: Tim
20:08:40 [Ben]
zakim, take up agnedum 1
20:08:40 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'take up agnedum 1', Ben
20:08:47 [Ben]
zakim, agenda?
20:08:47 [Zakim]
I see 3 items remaining on the agenda:
20:08:48 [Zakim]
1. Announcements, Questions, and Updates [from Ben]
20:08:49 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008, first 3 questions [from Ben]
20:08:49 [Tim]
Topic: Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:08:50 [Zakim]
3. Miscellaneous Proposals for 19 June 2008 [from Ben]
20:08:53 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:08:53 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Ben]
20:09:05 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:10:09 [Ben]
Regrets: Chris_Brownrigg, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Don_Evans
20:10:41 [Ben]
zakim, close this agendum
20:10:41 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:10:42 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
20:10:43 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008, first 3 questions [from Ben]
20:10:47 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:10:47 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008, first 3 questions" taken up [from Ben]
20:10:52 [Tim]
Topic: Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008, first 3 questions
20:11:26 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Not interfering with the user agent's reflow of text ...
20:12:04 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:15:22 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
20:15:50 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Specifying borders and layout in CSS to delineate areas ...
20:16:05 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:17:08 [Karl]
Karl has joined #wai-wcag
20:18:36 [Tim]
Resolution: send back for additional work
20:19:02 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Providing a mechanism to remove full justification of text
20:20:04 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:20:04 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, David_MacDonald, Gregg_and_Ben, Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Don,
20:20:08 [Zakim]
... Katie_Haritos-Shea, ??P4
20:29:10 [Tim]
ACTION: Loretta to review names of techniques for consistency
20:29:12 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:29:38 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
20:30:15 [Tim]
Topic: Miscellaneous Proposals for 19 June 2008
20:30:45 [Ben]
zakim, close agendum 2
20:30:45 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008, first 3 questions, closed
20:30:45 [Tim]
Topic: Issue 2600: accessibility supported technology
20:30:47 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
20:30:48 [Zakim]
3. Miscellaneous Proposals for 19 June 2008 [from Ben]
20:30:50 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 3
20:30:50 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 19 June 2008" taken up [from Ben]
20:34:34 [Loretta]
q?
20:34:54 [Tim]
ack David
20:34:58 [Ben]
zakim, Ben_and_Gregg is David
20:34:58 [Zakim]
sorry, Ben, I do not recognize a party named 'Ben_and_Gregg'
20:35:09 [Ben]
zakim, Gregg_and_Ben is David
20:35:09 [Zakim]
+David; got it
20:35:21 [Ben]
zakim, David_MacDonald is Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:35:21 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
20:35:27 [Ben]
zakim, David is David_MacDonald
20:35:27 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald; got it
20:35:33 [Ben]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
20:35:33 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:41:37 [Ben]
zakim, [Microsoft] is Cynthia_Shelly
20:41:37 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:42:45 [Tim]
ack Cynthia
20:42:55 [Tim]
ack [Microsoft]
20:43:03 [Ben]
ack [M
20:47:11 [Ben]
zakim, who is making noise?
20:47:22 [Zakim]
Ben, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tim_Boland (4%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (86%), David_MacDonald (24%)
20:57:45 [Tim]
ACTION: David to look for wording in WCAG documents related to accessibility vs. usability
20:58:51 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
21:01:36 [Tim]
Resolution: leave open
21:02:22 [Tim]
Topic: Misc. Revisions to 1.2.3 and 1.2.5 (Audio Description) Sufficient Techniques
21:03:15 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
21:03:31 [Tim]
Topic: Updates to G78: Providing a second, user-selectable, audio track that includes audio descriptions
21:06:28 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
21:06:47 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient Technique for 1.2.3 and 1.2.5: Providing a second version of a movie with audio descriptions
21:12:16 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:12:35 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
21:12:53 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.3, 1.4.6: Providing a control with a sufficient contrast ratio that ...
21:16:50 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
21:17:19 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Providing a multi color selection tool ...
21:20:25 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:20:37 [Tim]
Resolution: accepted as proposed
21:21:02 [Tim]
Topic: Delete Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Specifying all foreground and background color ...
21:25:23 [Tim]
Action: Cynthia to review failure F24 to make sure it handles the Windows high-contast scheme
21:25:47 [Tim]
Resolution: accepting as proposed
21:26:12 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 2.3.1: Using all possible 341 x 256 pixel rectangles on 1024 x 768 pixel ...
21:41:02 [Zakim]
-Don
21:41:27 [Zakim]
+Don
21:43:01 [Zakim]
-Don
21:43:21 [Zakim]
+Don
21:43:47 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
21:45:58 [Zakim]
-??P4
21:50:43 [Tim]
Resolved: to accept new sufficient techniques for 2.3.1, revisions to G15, and new GXX keeping the flash area small enough
21:51:32 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 2.3.1: Using actual viewing distance to calculate a 10 degree field ...
21:51:50 [Tim]
Resolution: drop (combined with others)
21:52:19 [Tim]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 3.3.1 and 3.3.3: Providing client-side validation and adding error text via the DOM
21:55:40 [Tim]
Action: Loretta to add screen shots
21:55:52 [Tim]
Resolution: accept proposal as amended
21:56:30 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:56:31 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
21:56:33 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:56:35 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:56:36 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:56:37 [Zakim]
-Don
21:56:40 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:56:44 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
21:56:46 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:58:29 [Ben]
Present: Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, David_MacDonald, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Ben_Caldwell, Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Don_Evans, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Karl_Groves, Cynthia_Shelly
21:58:31 [Ben]
Zakim, bye
21:58:31 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Tim_Boland, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Christophe_Strobbe, Roberto_Ellero, Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, Don,
21:58:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:58:34 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to review names of techniques for consistency [1]
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-29-10
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David to look for wording in WCAG documents related to accessibility vs. usability [2]
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-wai-wcag-irc#T20-57-45
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Cynthia to review failure F24 to make sure it handles the Windows high-contast scheme [3]
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-25-23
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Loretta to add screen shots [4]
21:58:34 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/19-wai-wcag-irc#T21-55-40
21:58:34 [Zakim]
... Katie_Haritos-Shea, David_MacDonald, Ben_Caldwell, Cynthia_Shelly