IRC log of er on 2008-06-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:24:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:24:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:24:42 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:24:48 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
12:24:48 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
12:24:54 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
12:24:57 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:25:17 [shadi]
12:25:28 [shadi]
agenda+ Outstanding action items
12:25:37 [shadi]
agenda+ WCAG 2.0 evaluation tools
12:26:44 [shadi]
zakim, ping me in 3
12:26:44 [Zakim]
ok, shadi
12:29:43 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
12:29:45 [Zakim]
shadi, you asked to be pinged at this time
12:30:04 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
12:30:08 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:30:08 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
12:30:12 [Zakim]
12:30:21 [Zakim]
12:30:27 [JohannesK]
zakim, CarlosV is really JohannesK
12:30:27 [Zakim]
+JohannesK; got it
12:30:28 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is me
12:30:28 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
12:31:56 [Zakim]
12:32:10 [shadi]
zakim, ibm is really Mike
12:32:10 [Zakim]
+Mike; got it
12:32:28 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
12:33:04 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
12:33:54 [Zakim]
12:34:07 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosV
12:34:35 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
12:34:42 [shadi]
scribenick: carlosI
12:34:52 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:34:52 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Outstanding action items" taken up [from shadi]
12:37:03 [carlosI]
SAZ: CV says his AI will be for the next week
12:37:15 [carlosI]
CI: mine will be too
12:37:35 [carlosI]
MS: would be possible to view some Pointers examples?
12:37:52 [carlosI]
CI: There will be some of them in the Pointers document
12:39:32 [Zakim]
12:39:54 [Zakim]
12:40:00 [shadi]
zakim, ipcaller is me
12:40:00 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
12:41:32 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 2
12:41:32 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "WCAG 2.0 evaluation tools" taken up [from shadi]
12:41:47 [carlosI]
SAZ: CI please give yourself a deadline on next Friday and post to the list whatever you have
12:42:21 [carlosI]
SAZ: WCAG 2.0 is in CR
12:42:54 [carlosI]
SAZ: web sites that implement WCAG 2.0 are being evaluated
12:43:18 [carlosI]
SAZ: would like to have evaluation tools for mainly two reasons
12:43:39 [carlosI]
SAZ: first the can help people to implement WCAG 2.0
12:44:03 [carlosI]
SAZ: second they demonstrate by themselves that the REC is testable
12:44:28 [carlosI]
SAZ: we need to think how to encourage people to implement WCAG 2.0 tools
12:45:14 [carlosI]
SAZ: first idea is try to classify current techniques (automatic, semiautomatic, manual...)
12:45:37 [carlosI]
SAZ: would this help?
12:46:03 [carlosI]
MS: where would these indications be?
12:46:22 [carlosI]
SAZ: haven't thought about this
12:47:28 [carlosI]
SAZ: should not be difficult to do
12:48:00 [shadi]
12:48:18 [carlosI]
MS: will be happy to take an action for a first check on this
12:54:56 [carlosI]
SAZ: would this useful?
12:55:04 [carlosI]
JK: yes
12:56:17 [carlosI]
SAZ: another idea is to try to collect information about tool implementations
12:57:14 [carlosI]
SAZ: recollect what techniques tools implementors are implementing
12:57:58 [carlosI]
MS: that would encourage more external participation
12:58:15 [carlosI]
SAZ: think so
12:58:42 [carlosI]
SAZ: may start a sort of competition but also may help to identify interest areas
12:59:26 [carlosI]
SAZ: the difficult here is how to organize this information
12:59:58 [carlosI]
SAZ: one option is try to merge it with the tools list
13:00:22 [carlosI]
SAZ: other is link from the techniques document
13:01:15 [carlosI]
SAZ: W3C is vendor neutral
13:01:27 [carlosI]
SAZ: it does not evaluate products
13:01:51 [carlosI]
SAZ: but at CR it can study implementations
13:02:36 [carlosI]
SAZ: we can use test samples to see how tools behave with them
13:05:18 [carlosI]
SAZ: an implementation report could include information about web sites and tools that implement a certain WCAG 2.0 feature
13:09:19 [carlosI]
MS: is there any body validating the test cases?
13:09:39 [carlosI]
SAZ: there's an ERT task force doing that work
13:10:59 [Zakim]
13:11:04 [Zakim]
13:11:06 [Zakim]
13:11:07 [Zakim]
13:11:07 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:11:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were JohannesK, shadi, Mike, Carlos_Iglesias
13:20:16 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:20:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
13:20:24 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:20:29 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:20:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate shadi
13:20:30 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:20:34 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:20:34 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items