IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-06-12

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:52:35 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:52:35 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-wai-wcag-irc
19:52:42 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:52:49 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:53:22 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008AprJun/0075.html
19:53:40 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
19:53:50 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008
19:54:38 [Ben]
Chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:54:44 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:55:17 [Ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Scano, Roberto_Ellero, Alex_Li, Sofia_Celic
19:57:56 [Christophe]
Christophe has joined #wai-WCAG
19:58:27 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:58:29 [Zakim]
+Cooper
19:58:44 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
19:59:31 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.757.aaaa
20:01:05 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:01:10 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.410 is Drew_LaHart
20:01:10 [Zakim]
+Drew_LaHart; got it
20:01:13 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:01:17 [bengt]
zakim, ??P4 is Bengt_Farre
20:01:17 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:01:19 [Ben]
zakim, ??P5 is Ben_Caldwell
20:01:19 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:01:26 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:01:29 [Zakim]
+Don
20:01:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.703.883.aabb
20:01:58 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.703 is Tim_Boland
20:01:58 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland; got it
20:02:02 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P6 is Karl_Groves
20:02:02 [Zakim]
+Karl_Groves; got it
20:02:03 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
20:02:10 [MichaelC]
zakim, IBM is Andi-Snow-Weaver
20:02:10 [Zakim]
+Andi-Snow-Weaver; got it
20:02:22 [MichaelC]
zakim, Andi is Andi_Snow-Weaver
20:02:22 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow-Weaver; got it
20:02:46 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:52 [Kgroves]
Kgroves has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:12 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.276.aacc
20:03:30 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.206 is Chris_Brownrigg
20:03:30 [Zakim]
+Chris_Brownrigg; got it
20:03:48 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:49 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
20:04:17 [Drew]
Drew has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:06 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:05:18 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:05:29 [MichaelC]
zakim, Microsoft is Cynthia_Shelly
20:05:29 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly; got it
20:05:41 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:05:56 [Zakim]
+Christophe
20:06:03 [Christophe]
zakim, Christophe is Christophe_Strobbe
20:06:03 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
20:06:10 [Drew]
scribe:drew
20:07:08 [MichaelC]
scribe: Drew
20:10:04 [Zakim]
-Don
20:10:49 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:11:05 [Zakim]
+Don
20:12:37 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:19:34 [Kgroves]
Kgroves has joined #wai-wcag
20:20:42 [Ben]
agenda?
20:20:46 [Ben]
zakim, close agendum 1
20:20:46 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Announcements, Questions, and Updates, closed
20:20:48 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
20:20:49 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008 [from Ben]
20:20:51 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:20:51 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 12 June 2008" taken up [from Ben]
20:21:09 [Drew]
topic: Sufficient technique for 1.2.7: Providing a second version of a movie
20:21:48 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:22:07 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald, listening for 15 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ben_Caldwell (96%), Tim_Boland (3%)
20:22:37 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute Tim_Boland
20:22:37 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
20:23:47 [Loretta]
2. Full pages: Conformance (and conformance level) is for full Web page(s) only, and cannot be achieved if part of a Web page is excluded.
20:23:49 [Loretta]
Note 1: For the purpose of determining conformance, a conforming alternative to part of a page's content is considered part of the page when the alternative content is obtainable directly from the page, e.g., a long description.
20:33:29 [Drew]
Action: Andrew to review existing techniques that are alternate version techniques
20:35:32 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, mute me
20:35:32 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should now be muted
20:36:32 [Drew]
Action: Create a new sufficient technique for allowing user to set preferences for the display of alternate versions
20:37:32 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept as amended
20:37:51 [Drew]
Topic: Providing a control near the top of the Web page that turns off sounds that play automatically
20:40:29 [Andi]
scribe: Andi
20:40:42 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:41:14 [Loretta]
Thanks, Andi
20:41:17 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:45:42 [Andi]
resolution: accept technique "Providing a control near the top of the page..." as amended
20:46:04 [Andi]
topic: Playing sounds only on user request
20:46:52 [Andi]
resolution: accept technique "Playing sounds only on user request" as amended
20:47:08 [Andi]
topic: Providing a user interface control to pause or stop multimedia
20:53:22 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:53:29 [David_MacDonald]
zakim, unmute me
20:53:29 [Zakim]
David_MacDonald should no longer be muted
20:55:29 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:56:11 [Drew]
scribe: Drew
21:19:45 [Drew]
Action: Andi to look for a portal example
21:20:27 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:20:43 [Drew]
Action: Andrew to look for examples where the presence of AT causes sounds to not be played automatically
21:21:04 [Zakim]
-Chris_Brownrigg
21:22:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.608.692.aadd
21:22:24 [Drew]
Resolution: Remove this technique
21:22:43 [Ben]
zakim, +1.608.692.aadd is Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:22:43 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:23:37 [Drew]
topic: Providing a multi color selection tool on the page for foreground and background colors
21:29:59 [Zakim]
-Karl_Groves
21:37:49 [Drew]
Action: Ben and Cynthia to rework this technique as a general technique
21:44:46 [Drew]
Action: David and Loretta to develop interim version of this technique.
21:45:21 [Drew]
topic: 1.4.8: Providing a button on the page to increase line spaces
21:53:50 [Drew]
Resoluton: Provisionally accept as amended, dependaet on the style switching work
21:54:03 [Drew]
s/dependaet/dependent
21:54:23 [Zakim]
-??P7
21:54:39 [Drew]
topic: Specifying text and background colors of secondary content
21:55:22 [Drew]
Resolution: Accept as amended
21:55:57 [Drew]
topic: Providing an additional stylesheet that does not specify colors for the main content body
21:57:53 [Zakim]
+??P6
21:57:54 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:00:40 [Drew]
Resolution: accept
22:02:00 [Drew]
s/Resolution: accept/Resolution: Remove this as a separate technique, combine with previous technique
22:02:26 [Drew]
topic: Not interfering with the user agent's reflow of text as the viewing window is narrowed?
22:05:16 [Loretta]
http://www.hardindd.com/stage/trace/index.php
22:12:32 [Zakim]
-Drew_LaHart
22:14:31 [MichaelC]
q+ to note that user1 entered data for the same test twice; I hope that will be restricted to once per user/os/at/etc.?
22:15:27 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:15:36 [MichaelC]
q+ to ask where notes users enter during the test process appear? can't imagine thay just all show up in a batch
22:37:08 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
22:38:02 [Zakim]
-Don
22:38:45 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly
22:38:46 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
22:38:47 [Zakim]
-??P6
22:38:49 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:38:49 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:38:49 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:38:52 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
22:38:53 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
22:38:53 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
22:38:55 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
22:38:56 [Zakim]
Attendees were Cooper, Bruce_Bailey, +1.410.757.aaaa, Drew_LaHart, Bengt_Farre, Ben_Caldwell, Don, +1.703.883.aabb, Tim_Boland, Karl_Groves, Andi-Snow-Weaver, Andi_Snow-Weaver,
22:39:00 [Zakim]
... +1.206.276.aacc, Chris_Brownrigg, David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Cynthia_Shelly, Christophe_Strobbe, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:39:23 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
23:46:14 [Ben]
Zakim, bye
23:46:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
23:46:20 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to review existing techniques that are alternate version techniques [1]
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-wai-wcag-irc#T20-33-29
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Create a new sufficient technique for allowing user to set preferences for the display of alternate versions [2]
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-wai-wcag-irc#T20-36-32
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andi to look for a portal example [3]
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-19-45
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to look for examples where the presence of AT causes sounds to not be played automatically [4]
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-20-43
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben and Cynthia to rework this technique as a general technique [5]
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-37-49
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David and Loretta to develop interim version of this technique. [6]
23:46:20 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/12-wai-wcag-irc#T21-44-46