IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-06-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:04:06 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:04:06 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-wai-wcag-irc
20:04:11 [bengt]
zakim, ??P5 is Bengt_Farre
20:04:11 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:04:23 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
20:04:39 [Ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:04:39 [Zakim]
ok, Ben, I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM already started
20:04:45 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
20:04:53 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:04:53 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008AprJun/0069.html
20:06:06 [Ben]
zakim, [Microsoft] is probably Cynthia_Shelly
20:06:07 [Zakim]
+Cynthia_Shelly?; got it
20:07:10 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:07:10 [Zakim]
On the phone I see David_MacDonald, Christophe, Ben_Caldwell, Roberto_Ellero, Bengt_Farre, Cynthia_Shelly?
20:07:13 [Zakim]
Ben_Caldwell has Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:07:41 [Christophe_S]
Scribe: Christophe_S
20:07:59 [Ben]
agenda+ Raising the Floor Initiative
20:08:07 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 05 June 2008
20:08:19 [Ben]
agenda+ Implementation Candidates for Success Criteria
20:08:43 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:08:48 [Zakim]
-Cooper
20:08:55 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:09:07 [Christophe_S]
WG members to look at implementation survey and provide or find implementations (i.e. in the wild)
20:10:12 [Ben]
Chair: Gregg_Vanderheiden
20:10:19 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
20:11:05 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:11:16 [bengt]
zakim, ??P2 is Bengt_Farre
20:11:16 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:11:58 [Ben]
agenda?
20:12:08 [Ben]
zakim, drop agendum 3
20:12:08 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Implementation Candidates for Success Criteria, dropped
20:12:46 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:12:46 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Raising the Floor Initiative" taken up [from Ben]
20:16:01 [bengt]
sounds a bit like the aegis project ;)
20:16:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.246.aabb
20:18:23 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:26:59 [Zakim]
+??P8
20:31:21 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
20:31:33 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
20:31:33 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:31:34 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
20:31:35 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 05 June 2008 [from Ben]
20:31:42 [Ben]
zakim, next agendum
20:31:42 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 05 June 2008" taken up [from Ben]
20:31:52 [Ben]
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20080605misc/results
20:33:26 [Ben]
Regrets: Tim_Boland, Sofia_Celic, Alex_Li, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:38:01 [Christophe_S]
When reviewing new techniques, also look at existing set of techniques for the same SC.
20:38:52 [Christophe_S]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.5, 1.4.9: Providing controls on the Web page ...
20:41:48 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
20:43:53 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:43:59 [bengt]
zakim, ??P2 is Bengt_Farre
20:43:59 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
20:46:00 [Ben]
ack cyn
20:49:41 [Christophe_S]
action: Ben with help from Cynthia to consolidate styleswitcher techniques
20:52:37 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:53:43 [Christophe_S]
resolution: remove 'Providing controls on the Web page that change the visual presentation of text' from SC 1.4.5 and SC 1.4.9
20:54:06 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:54:37 [Christophe_S]
action: Ben to create a technique 'Using CSS to replace text with images of text and providing user interface controls to switch'
20:55:16 [Christophe_S]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 3.3.4, 3.3.6: Requesting confirmation to continue with selected action
20:56:03 [Christophe_S]
Resolution: accept Sufficient technique for 3.3.4, 3.3.6: Requesting confirmation to continue with selected action as amended
20:56:15 [Christophe_S]
Topic: Failure of SC 1.4.8 due to using text that is justified (aligned to both the left and the right margins)
21:07:16 [Christophe_S]
Resolution: accept Failure of SC 1.4.8 due to using text that is justified (aligned to both the left and the right margins) as amended.
21:08:21 [Zakim]
+Don
21:08:32 [Christophe_S]
action: Ben and David to clean up the technique "Aligning text on only one side (according to the text-direction of the language of the content)"
21:08:33 [Zakim]
-Don
21:14:27 [Zakim]
-Roberto_Ellero
21:14:38 [Christophe_S]
action: Gregg to check with EO WG about "fully justified"
21:16:22 [Christophe_S]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.2.7: Providing a second version of the movie with extended audio ...
21:30:16 [Ben]
ack cyn
21:33:01 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
21:33:03 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
21:33:34 [Zakim]
+??P2
21:33:41 [bengt]
zakim, ??P2 is Bengt_Farre
21:33:41 [Zakim]
+Bengt_Farre; got it
21:47:21 [Christophe_S]
action: Ben to combine new technique (Providing a second version of the movie with extended audio descriptions during halted video segments) with G8 and add "any audio/video player" beneath it.
21:49:10 [Christophe_S]
action: Andrew to write general technique for extended audio switcher
21:50:30 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly?
21:50:38 [Zakim]
-Bengt_Farre
21:50:39 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:50:41 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos_Shea
21:50:42 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
21:50:43 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:50:43 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:50:45 [Zakim]
-Christophe
21:50:50 [bengt]
bengt has left #wai-wcag
21:51:01 [Zakim]
-Chris_Brownrigg
21:51:03 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
21:51:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were Christophe, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Roberto_Ellero, David_MacDonald, Bengt_Farre, Cynthia_Shelly?, Cooper, +1.206.246.aabb, Karl_Groves?, Andrew_Kirkpatrick,
21:51:06 [Zakim]
... Katie_Haritos_Shea, Chris_Brownrigg, Don
21:59:08 [awk]
awk has left #wai-wcag
22:00:14 [Ben]
zakim, bye
22:00:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
22:00:29 [Ben]
Present: David_MacDonald, Christophe, Ben_Caldwell, Roberto_Ellero, Bengt_Farre, Cynthia_Shelly, Michael_Cooper, Ben_Caldwell, Gregg_Vanderheiden, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Chris_Brownrigg, Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:00:32 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben with help from Cynthia to consolidate styleswitcher techniques [1]
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-wai-wcag-irc#T20-49-41
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to create a technique 'Using CSS to replace text with images of text and providing user interface controls to switch' [2]
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-wai-wcag-irc#T20-54-37
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben and David to clean up the technique "Aligning text on only one side (according to the text-direction of the language of the content)" [3]
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-wai-wcag-irc#T21-08-32
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Gregg to check with EO WG about "fully justified" [4]
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-wai-wcag-irc#T21-14-38
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to combine new technique (Providing a second version of the movie with extended audio descriptions during halted video segments) with G8 and add "any audio/video player" beneath it. [5]
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-wai-wcag-irc#T21-47-21
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to write general technique for extended audio switcher [6]
22:00:32 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/05-wai-wcag-irc#T21-49-10