IRC log of mwts on 2008-06-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:54:42 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:54:42 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc
14:54:47 [dom]
RRSAgent, make log public
14:54:47 [dom]
Zakim, this will be TS
14:54:47 [Zakim]
ok, dom; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:54:52 [dom]
Meeting: MWI Test Suites Working Group teleconf
14:55:36 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Jun/0000.html
14:55:42 [dom]
Chair: Dom
14:55:45 [dom]
Regrets: Dmitri
14:56:46 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
14:59:57 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
15:00:06 [Zakim]
+ +47.24.16.aaaa
15:00:34 [Zakim]
+??P27
15:01:31 [Zakim]
+Carmelo
15:03:26 [Zakim]
+Dom
15:03:40 [dom]
aaaa is Wilhelm
15:03:44 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is Wilhelm
15:03:44 [Zakim]
+Wilhelm; got it
15:03:55 [dom]
zakim, ??27 is KaiHendry
15:03:55 [Zakim]
sorry, dom, I do not recognize a party named '??27'
15:04:00 [dom]
zakim, ??P27 is KaiHendry
15:04:00 [Zakim]
+KaiHendry; got it
15:04:28 [dom]
Topic: Web Compatibility Test for Mobile Browsers
15:05:15 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2008/04/wctmb/ Gallery of screenshots of mobile browsers rendering the test
15:06:17 [dom]
Dom: pretty good feedback from various people, quite a good outreach
15:06:32 [dom]
Wilhelm: reading blogs, most people seemed interested to know which browsers passed or not
15:06:48 [hendry]
hendry has joined #mwts
15:07:26 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/blog/MWITeam/2008/04/22/first_results_of_web_compatibility_test First results of Web Compatibility Test
15:09:26 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to check if W3C has a server to host the https:// test [CLOSED]
15:10:29 [dom]
Dom: W3C doesn't have an appropriate HTTPs server
15:10:42 [dom]
... suggest we keep it as is for now, given that it probably doesn't affect so many people
15:10:51 [dom]
WURFL
15:11:21 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Apr/0040.html Leveraging WURFL with WCTMB
15:12:10 [dom]
Action: Carmelo to took at the WURFL XML file [DROPPED]
15:15:11 [dom]
Dom: don't think we can interface the WCTMB with WURLF, given that the data are not collected in a machine readable format
15:15:20 [dom]
... maybe we could do that with the test harness, though
15:15:26 [dom]
... will reply to the commenter
15:15:35 [dom]
contenteditable
15:16:00 [dom]
Action: Wilhelm to check the test for "contenteditable attribute" [CLOSED]
15:16:23 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008May/0014.html Fixing contenteditable attribute
15:16:43 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to check on the report of contenteditable bug
15:17:02 [dom]
serving the test through PHP
15:17:30 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to get the test served through PHP with user agent appearing [PENDING]
15:18:55 [hendry]
sidenote: what is the cvs checkout url for the test? was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. cvsweb would be good too.
15:19:21 [dom]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2008/mobile-test/
15:19:46 [dom]
Improving test documentation
15:20:55 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look at a mapping scheme from test to specs and test suites. [PENDING]
15:21:21 [dom]
@media handheld
15:21:50 [dom]
Kai: I discussed it with Wilhelm last week - I now agree with Wilhelm
15:22:23 [dom]
Wilhelm: various browsers have moved away to rely on @media handheld; webkit doesn't, opera doesn't by default
15:23:26 [dom]
Testing for inputmode
15:24:34 [dom]
Kai: the CSS test that we have about min-width, is it how people detect fullscreen nowaways?
15:25:21 [dom]
Dom: that's CSS Media Queries - that's what e.g. the IPhone uses to have iphone-specific stylesheets
15:26:40 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Jun/0005.html a possible test for inputmode
15:27:21 [dom]
Wilhelm: I'm all for it, but I'm a bit worried that Opera would be shown as passing it, while it doesn't really implement it
15:28:20 [dom]
Dom: we could put a caveat in the documentation about how superficial the test is
15:28:48 [dom]
Wilhelm: I vote for including
15:28:59 [dom]
Kai: I'd like to test it for a week or so
15:29:31 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to implement the inputmode test and send for review
15:29:52 [dom]
Harder SVG test
15:30:14 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2008Apr/0035.html slightly more difficult svg tests
15:30:32 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look into the harder SVG test
15:31:13 [dom]
Color scheme unreadable for color-blind
15:33:07 [dom]
Kai: I was hoping to work around the problem through the use of unicode characters
15:33:19 [dom]
... but there are probably much more unicode-blind people than color-blind :)
15:35:07 [dom]
dom: we could offer a separate version - e.g. in black and white
15:35:20 [dom]
... by providing a separate style sheet
15:35:28 [dom]
Kai: it's not only the style sheet - there are the images too
15:35:42 [dom]
dom: we could have the images automatically generated
15:35:55 [dom]
wilhelm: we have the same problem internally
15:36:05 [dom]
... a separate version sounds good
15:36:41 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to look into setting up an alternative version of the tests with a different color scheme
15:37:14 [dom]
Wilhem: we need 3 more tests to get a good looking grid
15:37:43 [dom]
Kai: I'm thinking of helping advertising the test
15:38:18 [dom]
http://www.w3.org/QA/2008/04/is_your_mobile_browser_ready_f.html
15:38:32 [dom]
... will try to get it covered by a couple of news site
15:38:39 [dom]
s/site/sites/
15:39:16 [dom]
Wilhelm: could we ask for feedback on the blog?
15:39:26 [dom]
Kai: has anyone contacted Ian Hickson?
15:40:01 [dom]
Wilhelm: I did, but didn't get any concrete suggestions
15:40:19 [dom]
Topic: Charter extension
15:40:44 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to request charter extension for 6 more months [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING]
15:41:43 [Zakim]
-Carmelo
15:41:44 [Zakim]
-KaiHendry
15:41:46 [Zakim]
-Dom
15:41:46 [Zakim]
-Wilhelm
15:41:46 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:41:48 [Zakim]
Attendees were +47.24.16.aaaa, Carmelo, Dom, Wilhelm, KaiHendry
15:42:00 [dom]
s/dom: ->/dom_scribe: ->/g
15:42:54 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:42:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-minutes.html dom
15:45:17 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:45:18 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:45:18 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-minutes.html dom
15:45:59 [dom]
s/<dom> http/<dom_scribe> -> http/
15:46:05 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:46:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:10:29 [dom]
Zakim, bye
16:10:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
16:10:30 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-actions.rdf :
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to check if W3C has a server to host the https:// test [CLOSED] [1]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-09-26
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Carmelo to took at the WURFL XML file [DROPPED] [2]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-12-10
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to check on the report of contenteditable bug [3]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-16-43
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to get the test served through PHP with user agent appearing [PENDING] [4]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-17-30
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to look at a mapping scheme from test to specs and test suites. [PENDING] [5]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-20-55
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to implement the inputmode test and send for review [6]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-29-31
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to look into the harder SVG test [7]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-30-32
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to look into setting up an alternative version of the tests with a different color scheme [8]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-36-41
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to request charter extension for 6 more months [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-mwts-minutes.html#action07] [PENDING] [9]
16:10:30 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/06/03-mwts-irc#T15-40-44