IRC log of wai-wcag on 2008-05-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:54:49 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:54:49 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-wai-wcag-irc
19:54:55 [Ben]
RRSAgent, do not start a new log
19:54:56 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:01 [Ben]
RRSAgent, make log world
19:55:02 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
19:55:06 [Ben]
zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:55:06 [Zakim]
ok, Ben; I see WAI_WCAG()3:00PM scheduled to start 55 minutes ago
19:55:11 [Ben]
Meeting: WCAG Weekly Telecon
19:55:39 [Ben]
Chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
19:55:44 [Ben]
ScribeOptions: -scribeOnly
19:56:31 [Ben]
Regrets: Roberto_Ellero, Sofia_Celic, Katie_Haritos-Shea
19:56:49 [Ben]
Regrets+ Roberto_Scano
19:58:28 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has now started
19:58:35 [Zakim]
+David_MacDonald
19:58:54 [Loretta]
\me Alex and Sofia sent regrets, too.
19:59:11 [Zakim]
+??P1
19:59:14 [Ben]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2008AprJun/0055.html
19:59:36 [Ben]
Regrets+ Alex_Li
19:59:53 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:00:06 [Ben]
agenda+ Announcements, Questions, and Updates
20:00:19 [Ben]
agenda+ Miscellaneous Proposals for 22 May 2008 (first 3 questions)
20:00:24 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:00:28 [Ben]
zakim, ??P2 is Ben_Caldwell
20:00:28 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:00:39 [Ben]
zakim, who is on the phone
20:00:39 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the phone', Ben
20:00:52 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:01:23 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:34 [Zakim]
+Don
20:01:36 [Zakim]
-Don
20:02:29 [Zakim]
+Don
20:02:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.410.961.aaaa
20:02:59 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:04:03 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:05:06 [shawn]
shawn has left #wai-wcag
20:07:06 [Ben]
scribe: David_MacDonald
20:07:13 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 1
20:07:13 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Announcements, Questions, and Updates" taken up [from Ben]
20:07:22 [David_MacDonald]
scribe: David_MacDonald
20:09:45 [Karl]
Karl has joined #wai-WCAG
20:10:00 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:13:53 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
20:13:54 [David_MacDonald]
Although we have about 35 implementation offers, we may have trouble finding SC positive examples audio only, vidio only, live captioning, audio turnoff, timing 2.2.1, stop hide, interruptions, re authenticating, flash criteria, complex forms
20:16:52 [Ben]
Regrets+ Christophe_Strobbe
20:19:33 [Ben]
zakim, who is making noise?
20:19:45 [Zakim]
Ben, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
20:20:07 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:21:33 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
20:21:33 [Zakim]
I see a speaker queue remaining and respectfully decline to close this agendum, Ben
20:21:39 [Ben]
q?
20:21:46 [Ben]
ack bruce
20:21:52 [Ben]
zakim, mute bruce
20:21:52 [Zakim]
Bruce_Bailey should now be muted
20:22:00 [Ben]
zakim, close this item
20:22:00 [Zakim]
agendum 1 closed
20:22:01 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
20:22:02 [Zakim]
2. Miscellaneous Proposals for 22 May 2008 (first 3 questions) [from Ben]
20:22:04 [Ben]
zakim, take up agendum 2
20:22:04 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Miscellaneous Proposals for 22 May 2008 (first 3 questions)" taken up [from Ben]
20:37:59 [Loretta]
ack b
20:38:28 [awk]
stepping away for a minute
20:39:15 [David_MacDonald]
resolution: Accept Sufficient technique for 2.4.4 and 2.4.9: Using JavaScript to change the link text as amended
20:40:17 [Karl]
Karl has joined #wai-wcag
20:41:04 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Sufficient technique for 2.4.7: Using script to change the background color or border ...
20:41:49 [David_MacDonald]
s/n:/n: Accept
20:43:49 [David_MacDonald]
s/Accept/Accept as amended
20:44:23 [David_MacDonald]
Topic:Sufficient technique for 2.4.7: Using the default focus indicator ...
20:48:35 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:48:54 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Accept, Sufficient technique for 2.4.7: Using the default focus indicator ... as amended
20:50:06 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.1.1: Providing text alternatives for ASCII art, emoticons, and leetspeak
20:53:42 [Ben]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:53:53 [Zakim]
Ben, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Tim_Boland (20%), Loretta_Guarino_Reid (35%)
20:53:59 [MichaelC]
zakim, mute Tim
20:53:59 [Zakim]
Tim_Boland should now be muted
20:54:08 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:55:13 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Accept Sufficient technique for 1.1.1: Providing text alternatives for ASCII art, emoticons, and leetspeak as amended
20:55:42 [Karl]
Karl has joined #wai-wcag
20:55:56 [David_MacDonald]
Topic: Sufficient technique for 1.2.1: Adding an audio track that describes the important video content ...
21:01:31 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Accept Sufficient technique for 1.2.1: Adding an audio track that describes the important video content ... changing the name of the technique "Providing audio that describes the important video content'
21:02:36 [David_MacDonald]
topic: Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Aligning text on only one side ...
21:04:06 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:09:07 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
21:11:35 [David_MacDonald]
Action: David expand example 2 of C22
21:13:49 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Move examples of Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Aligning text on only one side ... and add a generic picture of aligned text.
21:14:14 [David_MacDonald]
s/picture of/
21:17:14 [David_MacDonald]
Action: Ben to add examples of aligned text to Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Aligning text on only one side ... and add a link to C22 as a related technique
21:21:48 [David_MacDonald]
topic: Sufficient technique for 3.3.2: Using adjacent button to label the purpose of a field
21:24:12 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
21:27:46 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: accept "Sufficient technique for 3.3.2: Using adjacent button to label the purpose of a field" as amended
21:28:40 [David_MacDonald]
Resolution: Accept Issue 2598: Drop 2.1.3 and revise 2.1.1 as revised
21:29:43 [awk]
awk has left #wai-wcag
21:31:00 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:31:05 [Zakim]
-Don
21:31:48 [Zakim]
-Cynthia_Shelly?
21:31:50 [Zakim]
-Karl_Groves
21:31:51 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:31:51 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
21:31:53 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:32:00 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:34:48 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:34:50 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()3:00PM has ended
21:34:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were David_MacDonald, Ben_Caldwell, Cooper, Don, Karl_Groves, +1.410.961.aaaa, Tim_Boland, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cynthia_Shelly?
21:35:55 [Ben]
Present: David_MacDonald, Ben_Caldwell, Michael_Cooper, Don_Evans, Karl_Groves, Tim_Boland, Bruce_Bailey, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Cynthia_Shelly
21:35:58 [Ben]
Zakim, bye
21:35:58 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:36:02 [Ben]
RRSAgent, bye
21:36:02 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:36:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: David expand example 2 of C22 [1]
21:36:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-wai-wcag-irc#T21-11-35
21:36:02 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to add examples of aligned text to Sufficient technique for 1.4.8: Aligning text on only one side ... and add a link to C22 as a related technique [2]
21:36:02 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/29-wai-wcag-irc#T21-17-14