IRC log of er on 2008-05-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:22:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:22:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:22:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:22:17 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
12:22:17 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
12:22:25 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
12:22:30 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:23:00 [shadi]
12:23:15 [shadi]
agenda+ "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF"
12:23:25 [shadi]
agenda+ "Representing Content in RDF"
12:23:37 [shadi]
agenda+ Draft ERT WG Charter
12:26:44 [MikeS]
MikeS has joined #er
12:29:31 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:29:31 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
12:29:39 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has now started
12:29:39 [JohannesK]
JohannesK has joined #er
12:29:46 [Zakim]
12:29:54 [shadi]
zakim, ??p6 is really me
12:29:54 [Zakim]
+shadi; got it
12:29:57 [Zakim]
12:30:17 [shadi]
zakim, ibm is really Mike
12:30:17 [Zakim]
+Mike; got it
12:30:39 [Zakim]
12:30:48 [JohannesK]
Zakim, CarlosV is really Johannes
12:30:48 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
12:32:08 [shadi]
scribe: Mike
12:32:13 [shadi]
scribenick: MikeS
12:32:45 [shadi]
regrets: CarlosI
12:33:12 [MikeS]
zakim, mute me
12:33:12 [Zakim]
sorry, MikeS, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
12:33:20 [MikeS]
zakim, mute mike
12:33:20 [Zakim]
Mike should now be muted
12:33:39 [shadi]
zakim, Mike is really MikeS
12:33:39 [Zakim]
+MikeS; got it
12:33:46 [MikeS]
12:34:45 [shadi]
12:35:01 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:35:01 [Zakim]
agendum 1. ""HTTP Vocabulary in RDF"" taken up [from shadi]
12:35:11 [shadi]
12:35:40 [MikeS]
SAZ: Changes from telecon on 05/21 have been completed and are in latest editor's draft
12:35:55 [MikeS]
..JK sent more comments and fixes are in place
12:36:39 [MikeS]
....will clean up references and history sections
12:37:14 [MikeS] on 1) status of document and 2) are we willing to publish as is?
12:37:59 [MikeS]
...any pubilcation show-stoppers?
12:38:07 [MikeS]
12:38:51 [MikeS]
12:39:09 [shadi]
action: SAZ remove "namespace" from table 2 (these are not namespaces)
12:39:44 [MikeS]
...note that we do not have 2/3 of group present
12:40:00 [MikeS]
....follow-up with CI and CV for any last-minute comments
12:40:39 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: go ahead with publishing HTTP Vocabulary in RDF
12:41:12 [MikeS]
SAZ: What are we looking for from public feedback and status?
12:41:24 [MikeS] these documents relate to POWDR
12:42:06 [Zakim]
12:42:13 [MikeS] from other semantic web groups
12:42:21 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #er
12:42:40 [MikeS]
CV: no ojbections to publication
12:43:44 [MikeS]
SAZ: in particular, how schema performs and is evaluated by other semantic web groups and technologies
12:43:56 [MikeS]
...Mobile Web group also interested in serialization of HTTP
12:45:15 [MikeS]
..question for Mobile Web is how our XML representation would "play" with their representation
12:47:24 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
12:47:24 [Zakim]
agendum 2. ""Representing Content in RDF"" taken up [from shadi]
12:47:35 [shadi]
12:48:18 [MikeS]
SAZ: very well-written; many comments already incorporated
12:48:28 [MikeS]
...abstract too brief
12:48:42 [MikeS]
12:49:12 [MikeS]
...merge section 1.3 use cases into itnroduction
12:49:31 [MikeS]
Quick question - why is XMLContent not a sublcass of TextContent?
12:51:01 [MikeS]
JK: separate classes bc they have different properties; e.g. XmlContent does not have chars but might be representation of in-memory DOM
12:51:24 [MikeS]
ok - just curious from a new-commers perspective
12:51:54 [MikeS]
JK: TextContent could be subclass of Base64Content since text could be represented that way
12:51:59 [MikeS]
got it.
12:53:54 [MikeS]
CV: too brief and possibly redundant
12:54:23 [MikeS]
...content in RDF is a complementary document to Http in RDF so don't want to spend too much time on it
12:54:52 [MikeS]
12:55:58 [MikeS]
SAZ: keep in mind that this a distinct publication and needs a context
12:56:19 [MikeS]
...people could randomly land on the document and abstract should spell out relationships and context
12:57:06 [MikeS]
agree - especially spelling out the rleationships to EARL and Http in RDF
12:58:30 [MikeS]
SAZ: part of a suite
13:00:00 [MikeS]
...mimick format of Http in RDF
13:00:47 [MikeS]
third bullet says, "
13:01:38 [MikeS]
SAZ: can we have a provisional relation to publish contingent upon discussion of abstract on mailing list?
13:02:26 [MikeS]
third bullet implicitly refers to EARL - might be a good palce to actually repeat or reiterate the relationship once abstract/intro is redone
13:02:45 [MikeS]
under use cases
13:02:54 [MikeS]
zakim, unmute me
13:02:54 [Zakim]
MikeS should no longer be muted
13:04:59 [shadi]
13:05:31 [MikeS]
SAZ: WAI web site lists all publications and relationships betwen them
13:05:46 [MikeS]
...who is each doc for, what is it used for, etc.
13:06:14 [MikeS] it worth pointing back to this URL
13:06:24 [MikeS] provide an overview for first-time readers
13:06:27 [MikeS]
zakim, mute me
13:06:27 [Zakim]
MikeS should now be muted
13:07:41 [MikeS]
given our time-frame, +1 for working it out on list
13:08:42 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: go ahead with publishing Representing Content in RDF, pending changes to the abstract and introduction sections
13:09:24 [shadi]
action: CV to provide an updated abstract and introduction section for Representing Content in RDF document
13:10:04 [shadi]
zakim, take up next
13:10:04 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Draft ERT WG Charter" taken up [from shadi]
13:10:52 [MikeS]
SAZ: publication of charter must occur in June so little time left
13:11:28 [MikeS]
..time line needs adjustment; far too agressive
13:11:48 [MikeS]
...on the other hand, need to push as far as possible to get EARL out
13:11:56 [shadi]
13:12:01 [MikeS]
zakim, unmute me
13:12:01 [Zakim]
MikeS should no longer be muted
13:14:57 [MikeS]
SAZ: heading is missing bc missing in W3C-wide template
13:16:04 [MikeS]
MS: test description language part of charter for a potential deliverable?
13:18:54 [MikeS]
SAZ: need to recruit members and otehr development/test organizations for feedback, requirements, and support
13:19:17 [MikeS]
...part of TCDL is in Bentoweb project
13:19:58 [MikeS]
CV: +1 for committing resources to effort
13:20:46 [MikeS]
JK: +1
13:21:08 [MikeS]
SAZ: believe CI was also interested so unanimity in effort
13:21:27 [MikeS] does it look in teh charter?
13:22:25 [MikeS]
...proposed an analysis and requirements document as a deliverable
13:22:56 [MikeS]
...once completed, we can recharter with more specific deliverables
13:23:27 [JohannesK]
RDFa test case descriptions: <>
13:23:38 [MikeS]
...workging group note
13:26:06 [MikeS]
SAZ: in parallel with completion of EARL, consider a reorientation of the group
13:26:25 [MikeS]
...test description languages
13:26:53 [MikeS] does EARL and supplementary docs fit into toher W3C work - RDFA, POWDER, Content Transformation, Mobile web
13:27:39 [MikeS]
...focus deliverable that describs how EARL fits into these other efforts
13:30:29 [EtnaRosso]
EtnaRosso has joined #er
13:30:38 [EtnaRosso]
hi all, hi shadi
13:30:50 [EtnaRosso]
Is a meeting in progress here?
13:30:56 [shadi]
13:30:59 [CarlosV]
Christophe's analysis: (Test Suites' State of the Art and Quality Assurance Methods for W3C Recommendations)
13:31:31 [CarlosV]
Date: 28 February 2005 (a little bit old)
13:31:53 [EtnaRosso]
see you
13:31:58 [EtnaRosso]
EtnaRosso has left #er
13:36:18 [MikeS]
SAZ: no meeting Jun 2
13:36:29 [MikeS]
..sorry - Jun 4
13:36:47 [MikeS]
on vaca week of Jun 9
13:37:13 [Zakim]
13:37:15 [Zakim]
13:37:18 [Zakim]
13:39:33 [shadi]
zakim, drop mikes
13:39:33 [Zakim]
MikeS is being disconnected
13:39:35 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:39:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were shadi, Johannes, MikeS
13:39:39 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:39:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
13:39:44 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:39:47 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:39:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate shadi
13:39:48 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:39:58 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:39:58 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in :
13:39:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ remove "namespace" from table 2 (these are not namespaces) [1]
13:39:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
13:39:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CV to provide an updated abstract and introduction section for Representing Content in RDF document [2]
13:39:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in