IRC log of soap-jms on 2008-05-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:40:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:40:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-soap-jms-irc
15:41:58 [RolandMerrick]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS WG teleconference
15:48:29 [RolandMerrick]
Zakim, list
15:48:29 [Zakim]
I see VB_VBWG()10:00AM, XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, Team_(rif)12:50Z, SW_HCLS(Bio-Ont WG)11:00AM active
15:48:32 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are SW_HCLS(Chairs)12:00PM, WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, SW_DAWG()10:30AM, Team_(rif)08:00Z, WS_SAWSDL()12:00PM, MWI_TSWG()11:00AM
15:48:52 [RolandMerrick]
Zakim, thgis wiil be WS_SOAP-JM
15:48:53 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'thgis wiil be WS_SOAP-JM', RolandMerrick
15:49:04 [RolandMerrick]
Zakim, this will be WS_SOAP-JM
15:49:04 [Zakim]
ok, RolandMerrick; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
15:49:28 [RolandMerrick]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008May/0042.html
15:49:50 [RolandMerrick]
RolandMerrick has left #soap-jms
15:50:04 [Roland]
Roland has joined #soap-jms
15:50:22 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:50:29 [Zakim]
+alewis
15:50:42 [Roland]
Chair: Roland
15:51:43 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:51:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
15:51:52 [Roland]
rrsagent, make log public
15:54:53 [Zakim]
+Roland
15:57:12 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:57:40 [Roland]
Zakim, IBM is Phil
15:57:40 [Zakim]
+Phil; got it
15:57:43 [PhilAdams]
PhilAdams has joined #soap-jms
16:00:08 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:00:42 [Zakim]
+Peter
16:00:57 [plh]
plh has joined #soap-jms
16:01:06 [Zakim]
+Plh
16:01:12 [Zakim]
+Derek
16:01:25 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:01:26 [Zakim]
-Phil
16:02:05 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aaaa
16:02:28 [Roland]
Zakim, aaaa is MarkPhillips
16:02:28 [Zakim]
+MarkPhillips; got it
16:03:01 [markphillips]
markphillips has joined #soap-jms
16:03:18 [Zakim]
+[Sun]
16:03:22 [bhakti]
bhakti has joined #soap-jms
16:03:26 [derek]
derek has joined #soap-jms
16:03:30 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
16:03:44 [Roland]
Zakim, Sun is Bhakti
16:03:44 [Zakim]
+Bhakti; got it
16:03:54 [Roland]
Zakim, IBM is Phil
16:03:54 [Zakim]
+Phil; got it
16:04:12 [Roland]
06zakim, who is on the phone?01
16:04:35 [Roland]
06Zakim, who is on the phone?01
16:05:55 [Roland]
06Scribe: markPhillips
16:07:01 [markphillips]
TOPIC: Draft spec
16:07:52 [markphillips]
roland: A couple of updates to make
16:08:46 [markphillips]
1. The namespace needs to be updated
16:09:34 [markphillips]
philippe: Recommend using ns namespace so that dates do not need to be updated
16:10:09 [Roland]
06www.w3c.org/ns/soap-jms ?
16:10:19 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/ns/soap-jms
16:13:52 [Roland]
http://www.w3.org/2008/06/soap-jms
16:13:54 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/2008/05/soap-jms
16:15:23 [markphillips]
The undated namespace would be the final namespace (for use at the CR stage). In the interim we should use a dated namespace for each draft of the spec.
16:17:39 [plh]
http://www.w3.org/@@@@/@@/soapjms
16:24:43 [plh]
"http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap/bindings/HTTP/"
16:25:10 [plh]
"http://www.w3.org/ns/soap/bindings/JMS/"
16:27:53 [plh]
"http://www.w3.org/2008/06/soap/bindings/JMS/"
16:29:00 [markphillips]
RESOLUTION: First working draft will use the year and month namespace (e.g. "http://www.w3.org/2008/06/soap/bindings/JMS/"). The final recommendation will be undated ( "http://www.w3.org/ns/soap/bindings/JMS/")
16:30:21 [markphillips]
TOPIC: Testing conformance
16:31:00 [markphillips]
roland: How should we construct a test plan?
16:35:17 [plh]
http://dev.w3.org/2002/ws/desc/test-suite/Dashboard.html
16:35:55 [markphillips]
plh: No best practices per se. For WSDL 2 an interchange format was used to capture the WSDL component model and testing was performed by comparing the interchange formats created by different implementations
16:36:26 [markphillips]
For wire formats they defined a canonical representation of SOAP messages described by WSDL then compared to the wire format messages generated by different implementations
16:41:35 [markphillips]
PhilAdams: Do we need to specify the API calls used to construct messages? If so we need to document them in the spec.
16:43:07 [markphillips]
alewis: The spec implies the calls which are necessary. The only thing we have in common is the API.
16:47:41 [markphillips]
PhilAdams: The test suite could act as the receiver (or producer) for messages and validate them
16:49:11 [markphillips]
alewis: The advantage of the WSDL model is that a declarative and correct representation of messages can be produced and validated in isolation
16:50:31 [markphillips]
roland: could we write up the different proposals for discussion
16:51:22 [markphillips]
ACTION: PhilAdams to write up a test proposal due next week
16:51:22 [trackbot-ng]
Sorry, couldn't find user - PhilAdams
16:51:34 [plh]
trackbot-ng, status
16:51:46 [markphillips]
ACTION: Amelia to write up a test proposal due next week
16:51:47 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-6 - Write up a test proposal due next week [on Amelia Lewis - due 2008-06-03].
16:52:15 [plh]
ACTION: Phil to write up a test proposal due next week
16:52:16 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-7 - Write up a test proposal due next week [on Phil Adams - due 2008-06-03].
16:57:04 [Zakim]
-Bhakti
16:57:06 [Zakim]
-Phil
16:57:07 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:57:08 [Zakim]
-Derek
16:57:09 [Zakim]
-Peter
16:57:09 [Zakim]
-Roland
16:57:10 [Zakim]
-MarkPhillips
16:57:17 [Zakim]
-Plh
16:57:18 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
16:57:21 [Zakim]
Attendees were alewis, Roland, Phil, Peter, Plh, Derek, +0196270aaaa, MarkPhillips, Bhakti
16:57:28 [markphillips]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:57:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-soap-jms-minutes.html markphillips
17:26:46 [plh]
zakim, bye
17:26:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms
17:26:48 [plh]
rrsagent, bye
17:26:48 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-soap-jms-actions.rdf :
17:26:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: PhilAdams to write up a test proposal due next week [1]
17:26:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-soap-jms-irc#T16-51-22
17:26:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Amelia to write up a test proposal due next week [2]
17:26:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-soap-jms-irc#T16-51-46
17:26:48 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Phil to write up a test proposal due next week [3]
17:26:48 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/27-soap-jms-irc#T16-52-15