IRC log of sml on 2008-05-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:51:18 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sml
17:51:18 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/05/22-sml-irc
17:52:43 [Jim]
rrsagent, make logs visible
17:52:51 [MSM]
johnarwe, an automotive problem has come up that I have to take care of right now; I'll be late for the call. Hopefully not too late, but late.
17:53:21 [Jim]
rrsagent, make logs public
17:56:34 [Jim]
Meeting: SML WG Teleconference 22 May 2008
17:56:50 [Jim]
Chair: John Arwe
17:57:49 [pratul]
pratul has joined #sml
17:58:59 [Jim]
Regrets: Kirk
18:00:48 [johnarwe]
zakim, this is sml
18:00:48 [Zakim]
ok, johnarwe; that matches XML_SMLWG()2:00PM
18:01:05 [Jim]
Regrets: Jordan
18:03:32 [Jim]
Scribe: James Lynn
18:03:38 [Jim]
scribenick: Jim
18:05:21 [pratul]
I will be representing Microsoft until Kumar shows up
18:05:43 [Jim]
Topic: Approval of Minutes
18:05:45 [Zakim]
+Sandy
18:05:56 [Sandy]
Sandy has joined #sml
18:06:44 [johnarwe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sml/2008May/att-0078/20080515-sml-minutes.html
18:07:19 [Jim]
No objections or updates noted.
18:07:38 [Jim]
Resolution: Minutes approved.
18:08:13 [Jim]
Topic: Register for Edinburgh
18:08:20 [ginny]
ginny has joined #sml
18:08:28 [Jim]
register whether attending in person or by phone.
18:09:10 [Zakim]
+ginny
18:09:26 [Jim]
The CG is gravitating toward the week that we selected (Oct 27-31).
18:10:14 [Jim]
Topic: F2F in October
18:10:28 [Zakim]
+kumar
18:10:52 [pratul]
Switching back to co-chair role now that Kumar is here
18:11:01 [Jim]
Topic: Action Items
18:11:38 [Kumar]
Kumar has joined #sml
18:11:58 [Jim]
Pratul: No ETA on his item.
18:12:49 [Jim]
Kumar: No update.
18:13:10 [Jim]
Topic: Bugs with no keywords or target
18:13:39 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5678
18:14:35 [MSM]
zakim, please call MSM-617
18:14:35 [Zakim]
ok, MSM; the call is being made
18:14:37 [Zakim]
+MSM
18:14:54 [Jim]
Close this bug as this was due to a technical problem on the server.
18:15:14 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5710
18:16:23 [Jim]
Sections 4.1.3 and 4.1.1 definitions do not match.
18:17:19 [Jim]
Action: Julia to propose a change.
18:17:19 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-186 - Propose a change. [on Julia McCarthy - due 2008-05-29].
18:19:27 [Jim]
Actioin 186 = Propose a text change for Bug 5710
18:19:39 [johnarwe]
first sentence of 4.3 probably supplies the info missing per bug 5710
18:19:54 [Jim]
Action 186 = Propose a text change for Bug 5710
18:20:45 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5711 Fuzzy phrase: "essentially the same"
18:23:39 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial, does not need review.
18:24:15 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5712 Missing word "global" in schema annotation
18:29:35 [Jim]
Kumar requested that we defer this to the next meeting to give him time to research whether the "global" restriction makes sense.
18:30:11 [Jim]
Action: Kumar to research issue in Bug 5712.
18:30:11 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-187 - Research issue in Bug 5712. [on Kumar Pandit - due 2008-05-29].
18:30:52 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as needsAgreement.
18:31:34 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5713 Wording issues in Appendix E
18:31:49 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial, does not need agreement.
18:32:15 [Jim]
Topic: Decided Bugs
18:32:53 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5513 Why does SML define sml:ref...
18:33:01 [Jim]
Need to wait one more week.
18:33:17 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5520
18:33:28 [Jim]
Need to wait one more week.
18:33:38 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5529
18:33:45 [Jim]
Need to wait one more week.
18:33:56 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5562
18:34:03 [Jim]
Need to wait one more week.
18:34:20 [Jim]
Topic: Bugs which need review
18:36:06 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5549 Explanation of notation for { }, [ ]
18:38:05 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5505 wrong type for schemaBinding
18:38:50 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as FIXED
18:40:01 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5506 Update spec to clarify SML reference resolution
18:43:44 [johnarwe]
first step: any objs to diff in comment 1?
18:44:18 [johnarwe]
second step will be: assess agreement on proposal in comment 2
18:49:47 [julia]
julia has joined #sml
18:50:42 [julia]
julia has joined #sml
18:51:33 [julia]
julia has joined #sml
18:51:53 [Jim]
WG agrees on the changes shown in the diff file in sections 4.1.3 and 4.1.4.
18:52:52 [Jim]
WG agrees to the changes in Comment #2.
18:53:19 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial, no need for review.
18:54:55 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5635 impl-define and impl dependent not defined
18:55:43 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as FIXED. Open a new bug to address "processor" per comment #5
18:56:10 [Jim]
Topic: HasProposal Bugs
18:56:54 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5658 Restore accidental change to smlif:identityType
18:57:56 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial, no review needed.
18:58:38 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5659 schemaComplete default value
18:59:29 [Jim]
Proposal to have schemaComplete='false'
18:59:48 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial, does not need review.
19:00:28 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5676 schemaComplete in 1 location
19:01:35 [Jim]
Proposal is to mov schemaComplete to modelType and update spec as per bug description.
19:02:52 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial, needs no review.
19:03:39 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5679 SML ref targets in SML and SML-IF do not agree
19:04:59 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial per proposal in description, needs no review.
19:05:38 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5680 Fix errors in schematron example
19:11:14 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as needs agreement.
19:11:45 [Jim]
Action: Julia to discuss Bug 5680 with Valentina.
19:11:45 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-188 - Discuss Bug 5680 with Valentina. [on Julia McCarthy - due 2008-05-29].
19:12:36 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5707 clarify SML reference resolution
19:15:28 [johnarwe]
this comes up I think because of the first sentence in the bug - we already talk about fragment-only uris
19:16:31 [johnarwe]
MSM suggests that, to the degree we need to state anything, we note that it is a consequence of other normative documents, not a normative stmt promulgated by our specs
19:22:04 [johnarwe]
the other sticky point about what I'll call this "transitive closure" issue of dependencies, is that if you (as we did with sml) want to say that it supports _either_ schema 1.0 or 1.1, you must choose between non-overlapping RFC numbers (because newer ones superseded older)
19:28:47 [pratul]
John - we should do the ext comments bugs first
19:29:00 [pratul]
due to the 2 week mandatory wait period
19:39:31 [Jim]
Action: Kumar to draft a proposal for Bug 5707.
19:39:31 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-189 - Draft a proposal for Bug 5707. [on Kumar Pandit - due 2008-05-29].
19:39:50 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as needsAgreement.
19:40:37 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5519 Relationship between SML validity and XSD validity
19:53:26 [MSM]
the lady or the tiger?
20:00:17 [Zakim]
- +1.919.227.aaaa
20:00:34 [johnarwe]
zakim, aaaa is julia
20:00:34 [Zakim]
sorry, johnarwe, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
20:01:15 [johnarwe]
time check - have to wrap soon
20:01:54 [Jim]
Resolution: Remains needsAgreement. Pick up discussion on next call.
20:03:10 [MSM]
test cases for lax fallback
20:03:18 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:03:21 [Jim]
Action: MSM to draft test case for lax falback.
20:03:21 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-190 - Draft test case for lax falback. [on Michael Sperberg-McQueen - due 2008-05-29].
20:03:26 [Zakim]
-kumar
20:03:36 [Zakim]
-johnarwe
20:03:40 [Jim]
RRSAgent, create minutes
20:03:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/22-sml-minutes.html Jim
20:03:46 [Zakim]
-Sandy
20:05:54 [Zakim]
-MSM
20:05:56 [Zakim]
-ginny
20:05:57 [Zakim]
XML_SMLWG()2:00PM has ended
20:05:58 [Zakim]
Attendees were [Microsoft], +1.919.227.aaaa, jim, johnarwe, Sandy, ginny, kumar, MSM
20:06:25 [johnarwe]
johnarwe has left #sml
20:09:56 [julia]
julia has left #sml
22:27:55 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sml