IRC log of er on 2008-05-21

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:27:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #er
12:27:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc
12:27:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #er
12:27:59 [shadi]
zakim, this will be ert
12:27:59 [Zakim]
ok, shadi, I see WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM already started
12:28:05 [shadi]
meeting: ERT WG
12:28:31 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert/2008May/0007.html
12:28:48 [shadi]
agenda+ Publishing "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF" and "Representing Content in RDF"
12:28:59 [shadi]
agemda+ Draft ERT WG Charter
12:29:04 [shadi]
agenda+ Draft ERT WG Charter
12:29:13 [shadi]
chair: Shadi
12:29:18 [shadi]
scribe: CarlosI
12:29:26 [shadi]
regrets: none
12:29:57 [Zakim]
+CarlosV
12:30:32 [shadi]
zakim, call shadi-617
12:30:32 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; the call is being made
12:30:34 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:30:48 [JohannesK]
zakim, CarlosV is really Johannes
12:30:48 [Zakim]
+Johannes; got it
12:33:12 [MikeSquillace]
MikeSquillace has joined #er
12:34:01 [Zakim]
- +1.512.823.aaaa
12:34:30 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.970.aabb
12:35:01 [shadi]
hi mike
12:35:10 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #er
12:35:20 [shadi]
zakim, aabb is really Mike
12:35:20 [Zakim]
+Mike; got it
12:35:48 [Zakim]
+Steven
12:36:43 [shadi]
zakim, steven is really CarlosI
12:36:43 [Zakim]
+CarlosI; got it
12:36:57 [shadi]
agenda?
12:37:28 [shadi]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:37:28 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Publishing "HTTP Vocabulary in RDF" and "Representing Content in RDF"" taken up [from shadi]
12:37:58 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/HTTP/WD-HTTP-in-RDF-20080220
12:38:07 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #er
12:38:10 [Zakim]
+Johannes.a
12:38:25 [JohannesK]
zakim, Johannes.a is really CarlosV
12:38:25 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
12:39:32 [carlosI]
SAZ: Let's have a look first to HTTP in RDF
12:41:02 [carlosI]
SAZ: first the abstract
12:41:17 [carlosI]
CV: typo in the last sentence
12:43:03 [carlosI]
SAZ: Next section
12:44:25 [carlosI]
FK: what is the special vocabulary for HTTPS?
12:44:37 [carlosI]
s/FK/JK
12:45:18 [carlosI]
JK: don't think we have anything special for HTTPS
12:45:33 [carlosI]
SAZ: should be just including HTTPS
12:45:54 [carlosI]
SAZ: back to the Status section
12:46:10 [carlosI]
SAZ: couple of editorial notes
12:46:57 [carlosI]
SAZ: what changes happenned and what feedback are we looking for
12:47:12 [carlosI]
SAZ: a sort of two minutes elevator speech
12:48:11 [carlosI]
SAZ: any other open questions on the section?
12:48:31 [carlosI]
SAZ: lets move on and come back to this section later
12:49:32 [carlosI]
JK: what about the namespace for Content?
12:49:42 [carlosI]
SAZ: we can assume it as correct
12:51:46 [carlosI]
SAZ: use cases need further elaboration
12:52:32 [carlosI]
SAZ: It looks like there is lots of implicit information there
12:54:16 [carlosI]
SAZ: Think there was another use case somewhere
12:54:27 [carlosI]
SAZ: JK could you look for that?
12:54:33 [carlosI]
JK: will try to
12:55:23 [carlosI]
SAZ: Now section 2.2.1 body property
12:56:03 [carlosI]
SAZ: we could use several representations for the same content
12:56:11 [carlosI]
SAZ: how to bind them here?
12:57:03 [carlosI]
CV: could we use rdf:Alt
12:57:11 [carlosI]
SAZ: it implies order
12:57:58 [carlosI]
SAZ: three alternatives
12:58:11 [carlosI]
SAZ: Sequence implies a sort of numerical order
12:58:38 [carlosI]
SAZ: Alt is something like a default and other alternatives
12:58:57 [carlosI]
SAZ: Bag is a generic container
12:59:51 [carlosI]
SAZ: in same cases the default may be relevant, in other not
13:00:02 [carlosI]
s/other/others
13:02:05 [carlosI]
JK: in case something is XML you can use three alternatives with XMLContent as the default then TextContent and finally base64
13:02:35 [carlosI]
JK: if its not XML but is still text you can have a TextContent default and then a base 64
13:02:52 [carlosI]
JK: if it's not even text then use base64
13:04:05 [carlosI]
SAZ: think we need two things here
13:04:27 [carlosI]
SAZ: an example of using the body property after its description
13:05:31 [carlosI]
SAZ: after the example there should be a note or something with clarification of representing content in several ways and an example
13:06:03 [carlosI]
SAZ: think we should be flexible
13:06:18 [carlosI]
SAZ: the author should decide the kind of container
13:07:08 [carlosI]
SAZ: just say you should use a container and maybe do a proposal
13:07:37 [carlosI]
SAZ: don't think all this have any impact on the schema
13:07:51 [carlosI]
SAZ: does this sound ok?
13:09:23 [carlosI]
JK: looks good
13:09:27 [carlosI]
CV: ok
13:09:33 [carlosI]
CI: +1
13:10:03 [carlosI]
JK: should we say don't use multiple bodies properties?
13:11:13 [carlosI]
CV: what if I just have one option?
13:11:27 [carlosI]
JK: then you don't need any container
13:11:36 [carlosI]
JK: at most one body property
13:13:10 [shadi]
<http:body>
13:13:10 [shadi]
<cnt:Content rdf:ID="cont0"/>
13:13:10 [shadi]
</http:body>
13:13:10 [MikeSquillace]
MikeSquillace has joined #er
13:13:22 [shadi]
<http:body>
13:13:22 [shadi]
<cnt:Content rdf:ID="cont0"/>
13:13:27 [shadi]
<cnt:Content rdf:ID="cont1"/>
13:13:27 [carlosI]
CV: if it's base64 content don't need container, just use body property
13:13:30 [shadi]
<cnt:Content rdf:ID="cont2"/>
13:13:34 [shadi]
</http:body>
13:14:02 [carlosI]
JK: if it's XML Content but you just want one representation the use also just body property, don't need any container
13:14:29 [carlosI]
JK: that doesn't work
13:14:41 [carlosI]
JK: you need a Bag or any other container
13:15:02 [carlosI]
JK: I think this is not proper RDF
13:15:18 [carlosI]
SAZ: you need parsetype collection
13:15:29 [carlosI]
JK: this is a different thing
13:15:37 [carlosI]
JK: is like a closed list
13:15:44 [carlosI]
JK: containers are open
13:16:19 [carlosI]
SAZ: we agree on having a section that shows how to do multiple representations of a body with an example
13:17:52 [carlosI]
RESOLUTION: include a section that shows how to do multiple body representations with an example
13:18:54 [carlosI]
JK: a question about httpVersion
13:18:59 [carlosI]
JK: what's the literal?
13:19:12 [carlosI]
JK: just the version number or include http?
13:19:35 [JohannesK]
"1.1" versus "HTTP 1.1"
13:21:21 [carlosI]
JK: maybe clarify in the description
13:21:30 [carlosI]
JK: just add the version number
13:21:59 [carlosI]
SAZ: "Property representing the HTTP version number as a Literal."
13:22:33 [shadi]
action: SAZ improve working of the abstract section
13:23:23 [shadi]
action: JK send SAZ updated HTML for section 2.2.1
13:23:30 [carlosI]
CV: now just two possiblities 1.0 and 1.1
13:23:38 [carlosI]
CV: fix that on the schema?
13:23:50 [carlosI]
SAZ: don't think is a good idea
13:24:05 [carlosI]
CI: nor do I
13:24:49 [shadi]
action: SAZ clarify that HTTP version is only the numerical value (digit.digit format)
13:25:37 [carlosI]
SAZ: now at section 3
13:26:19 [carlosI]
MS: what does "other specifications" mean?
13:26:44 [carlosI]
MS: regarding "RCF 2616 or other specifications"
13:29:08 [carlosI]
JK: the section don't define new terms
13:29:20 [carlosI]
CV: the first paragraph is confusing
13:30:20 [carlosI]
SAZ: we pick some values from other places than RCF 2616 and should mention them
13:30:38 [carlosI]
JK: should say they are not mentioned in the document just in the RDF file
13:30:47 [carlosI]
SAZ: but the RDF file is part of the spec
13:30:57 [carlosI]
SAZ: can't separate them
13:31:28 [shadi]
action: SAZ clarify the first paragraph of section 3 (to note the separation between the document contents and the RDF files, but also to clarify that other RFCs are used)
13:32:33 [shadi]
action: SAZ collapse sub-section in section 3
13:33:38 [shadi]
action: JK send SAZ the HTML for appendix A
13:34:19 [carlosI]
SAZ: also subsection not necessary in Appendix A
13:35:19 [carlosI]
SAZ: just one paragraph again at Appendix B
13:35:32 [carlosI]
SAZ: move it to the introduction
13:36:00 [shadi]
action: SAZ move limitations to the introduction section as a note
13:36:48 [carlosI]
JK: the range for the body property should be open, not Content
13:37:12 [carlosI]
SAZ: think also we should take out the range
13:37:45 [shadi]
action: SAZ remove range from the body property (in appendix C and schema files)
13:38:31 [carlosI]
SAZ: not sure if Appendix E and F are out of date
13:38:39 [carlosI]
SAZ: need to have a look at it
13:39:27 [shadi]
action: JK send SAZ updates to appendix E
13:39:35 [shadi]
action: SAZ clean up appendix E and F
13:40:22 [carlosI]
SAZ: not avalaible next week
13:41:11 [carlosI]
SAZ: do not know when I can meet
13:41:16 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
13:41:17 [Zakim]
-Mike
13:41:19 [carlosI]
SAZ: can meet next week
13:41:20 [Zakim]
-Johannes
13:41:27 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:41:33 [carlosI]
SAZ: see you all nex week
13:41:49 [Zakim]
-CarlosI
13:41:50 [Zakim]
WAI_ERTWG()8:30AM has ended
13:41:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.512.823.aaaa, Shadi, Johannes, +1.512.970.aabb, Mike, CarlosI, CarlosV
13:47:00 [carlosI]
!quit
14:10:52 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:10:52 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #er
14:10:59 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:11:03 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:11:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-minutes.html shadi
14:11:04 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:11:10 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
I see 10 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-actions.rdf :
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ improve working of the abstract section [1]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-22-33
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JK send SAZ updated HTML for section 2.2.1 [2]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-23-23
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ clarify that HTTP version is only the numerical value (digit.digit format) [3]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-24-49
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ clarify the first paragraph of section 3 (to note the separation between the document contents and the RDF files, but also to clarify that other RFCs are used) [4]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-31-28
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ collapse sub-section in section 3 [5]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-32-33
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JK send SAZ the HTML for appendix A [6]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-33-38
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ move limitations to the introduction section as a note [7]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-36-00
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ remove range from the body property (in appendix C and schema files) [8]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-37-45
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: JK send SAZ updates to appendix E [9]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-39-27
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ clean up appendix E and F [10]
14:11:10 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/21-er-irc#T13-39-35