IRC log of xproc on 2008-05-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:52:13 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
14:52:13 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/05/15-xproc-irc
14:52:23 [ht]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG telcon
14:52:31 [ht]
Chair: Henry S. Thompson (pro tem)
14:52:40 [ht]
Scribe: Henry S. Thompson
14:52:43 [ht]
ScribeNick: ht
15:00:26 [MoZ]
MoZ has joined #xproc
15:00:38 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has joined #xproc
15:00:44 [MoZ]
Zakim, this will be xproc
15:00:48 [Zakim]
ok, MoZ; I see XML_PMWG()11:00AM scheduled to start now
15:00:50 [MoZ]
Zakim, what is the code ?
15:00:50 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97762 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), MoZ
15:01:31 [Vojtech]
Vojtech has joined #xproc
15:01:58 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has now started
15:02:08 [Zakim]
+ +0126376aaaa
15:02:26 [ht]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/05/15-agenda.html
15:02:32 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
15:02:32 [richard]
richard has joined #xproc
15:02:40 [Zakim]
+Jeroen
15:02:46 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
15:02:48 [Zakim]
+Ht
15:03:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.404.aabb
15:03:28 [Zakim]
+??P19
15:03:36 [richard]
zakim, ? is me
15:03:36 [Zakim]
+richard; got it
15:04:58 [Vojtech]
zakim, Jeroen is Vojtech
15:05:04 [Zakim]
+Vojtech; got it
15:05:33 [Zakim]
+??P17
15:06:37 [ht]
zakim, who is on the call
15:06:37 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the call', ht
15:06:42 [ht]
zakim, who is on the call?
15:06:42 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +0126376aaaa, Vojtech, Ht, +1.415.404.aabb, richard, ??P17
15:07:24 [ht]
zakim, +0 is Norm
15:07:24 [Zakim]
+Norm; got it
15:07:42 [ht]
zakim, 415 is alexmilowski
15:07:47 [Zakim]
sorry, ht, I do not recognize a party named '415'
15:07:55 [ht]
zakim, +1.415 is alexmilowski
15:07:55 [Zakim]
+alexmilowski; got it
15:08:12 [alexmilowski]
I'm surprised it doesn't remember those things...
15:08:15 [ht]
zakim, ??P17 is MoZ
15:08:15 [Zakim]
+MoZ; got it
15:09:22 [ht]
HT: Apologies from Paul Grosso and Alex Fang
15:09:31 [ht]
s/Alex/Andrew/
15:09:45 [ht]
http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/05/15-agenda.html
15:09:52 [ht]
ht has changed the topic to: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/05/15-agenda.html
15:10:19 [ht]
HT: Add to the agenda PSVI handling, in first place under Technical
15:10:36 [ht]
HT: Accepted as circulated and amended
15:10:51 [ht]
HT: Review minutes from last week: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/05/08-minutes.html
15:11:03 [ht]
HT: Approved without comment
15:12:23 [ht]
ACTION: Norm Walsh to fix minutes of 1 May per http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/05/08-minutes.html
15:13:36 [ht]
HT: Meeting next week: Regrets from Moz, Norm, HST
15:13:48 [ht]
NW: Call next week is cancelled, next meeting is 29 May
15:14:08 [ht]
Topic: PSVI preservation
15:15:15 [ht]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2008May/0095.html
15:16:20 [ht]
http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/docs/langspec.html
15:25:18 [ht]
Discussion of the PSVI preservation proposal in the above message
15:25:43 [ht]
Detailed discussion of the viewport [validity] case
15:26:28 [ht]
RT: Points out that since the document element was not the validation root, the fact that IDREF validity isn't recorded there is not a bug
15:27:59 [ht]
ACTION: HST to go think what we do with the [validation root] property inside viewport
15:31:14 [ht]
MZ: Wrt outputs of compound steps, what about a choose with PSVI on one branch and not another?
15:31:21 [ht]
HT: Not ruled out, author should know better
15:33:24 [ht]
HT: XPath2 has to respect PSVI if possible -- OK
15:35:02 [ht]
HT: Point e) no unspecced PSVI preservation
15:35:40 [ht]
NW: What if RelaxNG validation does type assignment? Must I lose them?
15:36:22 [ht]
AM: Why not make an exception for identity?
15:36:43 [ht]
HST: Because it's an exception, and will in practice rarely be used. . .
15:36:55 [ht]
NW: Exceptions are messy
15:38:50 [ht]
RT: What if there is no schema for it, i.e. if XSLT2 does some type assignment?
15:38:59 [Zakim]
-alexmilowski
15:39:23 [ht]
Voytech: Also when you don't have a primary output. . .
15:39:33 [ht]
NW: I'm coming around. . .
15:39:35 [alexmilowski]
phone died
15:39:46 [ht]
MZ: What about split-sequence?
15:40:04 [Zakim]
+Alex_Milows
15:40:44 [ht]
Voytech: Identity can be very useful to break up the order of steps
15:42:44 [ht]
HT: Consensus is that we have a list of steps which MUST preserve the PSVI, starting with split-sequence and identities, i.e. steps which cannot change their input
15:43:14 [ht]
NW: What about a select expression on the input?
15:43:42 [ht]
... Is it the same as viewport?
15:43:53 [ht]
HT: Yes, so same rule applies
15:44:49 [ht]
Voytech: Note that in the sequence case, even as input to identity, some may have PSVI and some not
15:44:59 [ht]
NW: Yes, I'll add a note that points that out
15:47:55 [ht]
HT: Add validate-with-xml-schema and validate-with-relaxng to the list in my point 4, impl. defn. what PSVI properties they output
15:49:30 [ht]
NW: What about a more fine-grained psvi-available() function?
15:49:40 [ht]
HT: I don't need it
15:50:39 [ht]
MZ: I had a use case -- see email http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xml-processing-model-wg/2008May/0098.html
15:55:12 [ht]
HT: [fails to explain why he thought it wasn't needed]
15:57:13 [ht]
MZ/Voytech/HT: What about dynamic access to the global system properties such as xpath-version, psvi-required (and ignore-inline-prefixes)?
15:57:31 [Zakim]
-MoZ
15:58:07 [Zakim]
-Ht
15:58:09 [Zakim]
-Alex_Milows
15:58:09 [Zakim]
-Norm
15:58:10 [Zakim]
-richard
15:58:10 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
15:58:14 [Zakim]
Attendees were +0126376aaaa, Ht, +1.415.404.aabb, richard, Vojtech, Norm, alexmilowski, MoZ, Alex_Milows
15:58:23 [alexmilowski]
alexmilowski has left #xproc
15:58:32 [ht]
NW: Please have a look at the simple suggestions for updating individual steps in today's agenda, and object or not via email
15:58:39 [ht]
HT: Adjourned
15:59:23 [ht]
zakim, who was on the call?
15:59:23 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, ht.
15:59:49 [ht]
RRSAgent, make logs world-visible
15:59:54 [ht]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:59:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/15-xproc-minutes.html ht
15:59:58 [ht]
zakim, bye
15:59:58 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc
16:00:06 [ht]
RRSAgent, bye
16:00:06 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/15-xproc-actions.rdf :
16:00:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Norm Walsh to fix minutes of 1 May per http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2008/05/08-minutes.html [1]
16:00:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/15-xproc-irc#T15-12-23
16:00:06 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: HST to go think what we do with the [validation root] property inside viewport [2]
16:00:06 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/15-xproc-irc#T15-27-59