IRC log of soap-jms on 2008-05-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:34:33 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:34:33 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-soap-jms-irc
15:35:07 [RolandMerrick]
RolandMerrick has changed the topic to: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008May/0003.html
15:35:52 [RolandMerrick]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS WG teleconference
15:36:01 [RolandMerrick]
Chair: Roland
15:36:20 [RolandMerrick]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2008May/0003.html
15:36:43 [RolandMerrick]
Regrets: Mark, Yves, Peter (Partial)
15:37:10 [RolandMerrick]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:37:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-soap-jms-minutes.html RolandMerrick
15:37:43 [RolandMerrick]
rrsagent, make log public
15:38:01 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
15:38:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
15:41:14 [Roland]
Zakim, list
15:41:14 [Zakim]
I see XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, SW_HCLS(Bio-Ont WG)11:00AM active and no others scheduled to start in the next 15 minutes
15:41:30 [cgi-irc]
cgi-irc has joined #soap-jms
15:45:52 [alewis]
zakim, list
15:45:52 [Zakim]
I see XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, SW_HCLS(Bio-Ont WG)11:00AM active and no others scheduled to start in the next 15 minutes
15:46:40 [alewis]
zakim, what time is it?
15:46:40 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, alewis.
15:46:53 [Roland]
zakim, list
15:46:53 [Zakim]
I see XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, SW_HCLS(Bio-Ont WG)11:00AM active and no others scheduled to start in the next 15 minutes
15:47:22 [alewis]
silly creature apparently isn't aware of ntp ....
15:49:08 [Roland]
Zakim, this will be WS_SOAP-JM
15:49:08 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, Roland
15:49:29 [alewis]
zakim, list
15:49:29 [Zakim]
I see XML_ET-TF()11:00AM, SW_RIF()11:00AM, SW_SWD()11:00AM, VB_VBWG()10:00AM, SW_HCLS(Bio-Ont WG)11:00AM active and no others scheduled to start in the next 15 minutes
15:56:42 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.742.aabb
15:58:57 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:58:59 [peaston]
peaston has joined #soap-jms
16:00:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aacc
16:00:14 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:00:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.431.aadd
16:01:16 [Zakim]
+ +1.781.999.aaee
16:01:37 [bhakti]
bhakti has joined #soap-jms
16:02:23 [PhilAdams]
PhilAdams has joined #soap-jms
16:02:29 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:02:29 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
16:07:12 [Zakim]
+GlenD
16:07:36 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.454.aaff
16:08:09 [Zakim]
- +1.650.454.aaff
16:08:59 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.454.aagg
16:12:00 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:12:10 [eric]
Look at that!
16:12:21 [eric]
Eric as scribe.
16:12:21 [Roland]
Scribe: eric
16:12:56 [eric]
Need volunteers for editors.
16:15:00 [eric]
Roland: Wants to see a draft out from the W3C quickly - two or three items.
16:15:18 [eric]
Roland: Need to change the namespace.
16:15:49 [gdaniels]
gdaniels has joined #soap-jms
16:16:46 [eric]
Roland: 3rd item - one namespace or two? People wanting to use the properties in WSDL for other purposes than just SOAP - thus want to separate properties from SOAP.
16:17:23 [eric]
Roland: continuing the IRI/URI effort - on the third draft. Some small changes required in the SOAP/JMS specification to match the latest draft.
16:17:44 [eric]
... (that is, matching the latest URI scheme draft at the IETF)
16:18:56 [eric]
glen: with so few implementations of the preceding specification, changing the namespace should be a no-brainer.
16:19:39 [alewis]
+1 to changes as soon as possible.
16:19:53 [eric]
phil: we should change the namespace sooner, and people are probably expecting the namespace to change with the W3C.
16:20:02 [gdaniels]
+1
16:20:07 [bhakti]
+1
16:20:11 [PhilAdams]
+1
16:20:14 [eric]
+1
16:20:18 [Derek]
+1
16:21:49 [eric]
eric: Two namespace - understand the idea, but the implementation might be spurious.
16:22:10 [eric]
roland: tend to agree with Eric. Looks odd when people using it for other purposes - but there are already too many namespaces in the world.
16:23:51 [eric]
Roland: are there significant changes in the URI spec that will affect SOAP/JMS binding?
16:23:58 [eric]
eric: Not many that I'm aware of.
16:24:19 [eric]
glen: pulling together interoperability plans, test plans.
16:24:53 [eric]
roland: yes - talked about it last week. Test cases, interoperability. Talk about editors - also need editor for writing test plans, test reports, development of test cases.
16:26:20 [eric]
bhakti: also willing to help with editing.
16:27:27 [eric]
Roland: Specification has been moved to the W3C CVS repository.
16:28:22 [Zakim]
-peaston
16:28:30 [eric]
alewis: IETF submission still on the Subversion server.
16:29:04 [eric]
ACTION: Roland to send information to bhakti about using CVS
16:29:04 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-4 - Send information to bhakti about using CVS [on Roland Merrick - due 2008-05-20].
16:29:28 [eric]
(got pointers from Amy)
16:30:48 [eric]
Roland: Need to get started on test plans and interoperability. What can we do about test cases.
16:33:16 [eric]
eric: Go through and enumerate the RFC 2119 criteria, identify whether items are testable, and for those that aren't, look at the spec, for those that are, identify the test.
16:33:42 [eric]
roland: identify what makes sense as conformance statements.
16:34:01 [eric]
... look for these items as you're refamiliarizing yourself with the spec.
16:35:13 [eric]
roland: anyone else with issues?
16:35:27 [Zakim]
-bhakti
16:35:29 [Zakim]
-gdaniels
16:35:30 [Zakim]
-eric
16:35:31 [eric]
roland: reconvene next week.
16:35:34 [Zakim]
-Derek
16:35:35 [Zakim]
-PhilAdams
16:35:36 [Zakim]
-alewis
16:35:50 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:35:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
16:36:19 [gdaniels]
gdaniels has left #soap-jms
16:36:33 [PhilAdams]
PhilAdams has left #soap-jms
16:41:08 [alewis]
alewis has joined #soap-jms
17:20:33 [Roland]
Zakim, please part
17:20:33 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +0138687aaaa, +1.919.742.aabb, alewis, Roland, peaston, +1.708.246.aacc, +1.408.431.aadd, derek?, +1.781.999.aaee, bhakti, PhilAdams,
17:20:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms
17:20:36 [Zakim]
... +1.650.454.aaff, Derek, +1.650.454.aagg, eric, gdaniels
17:20:51 [Roland]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:20:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-soap-jms-minutes.html Roland
17:24:42 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
17:25:54 [Roland]
rrsagent, please part
17:25:54 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-soap-jms-actions.rdf :
17:25:54 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Roland to send information to bhakti about using CVS [1]
17:25:54 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/05/13-soap-jms-irc#T16-29-04