IRC log of tsdtf on 2008-04-29

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:10:50 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:10:50 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-tsdtf-irc
12:10:58 [Christophe]
zakim, what teleconferences?
12:10:58 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, Christophe.
12:11:04 [Christophe]
zakim, teleconferences
12:11:04 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'teleconferences', Christophe
12:11:12 [Christophe]
zakim, what conferences?
12:11:12 [Zakim]
I see ARCH_Team()8:00AM active
12:11:14 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time is UW_Team()8:00AM
12:11:52 [Christophe]
zakim, this will be WAI_TSDTF
12:11:52 [Zakim]
ok, Christophe; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 19 minutes
12:12:31 [Christophe]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Apr/0004.html
12:12:52 [Christophe]
Meeting: TSD TF
12:13:01 [Christophe]
Chair: Christophe, CarlosV
12:13:14 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Naming convention and test suite ID in metadata
12:13:27 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Review of test samples
12:13:47 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Next steps for current repository content
12:14:03 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Review of action items
12:32:38 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:32:44 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe
12:33:12 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
12:33:18 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:33:21 [Zakim]
+Cooper
12:34:34 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:35:04 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
12:37:21 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
12:37:32 [Zakim]
+Johannes
12:38:20 [CarlosV]
zakim, Johannes is really CarlosV
12:38:20 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
12:38:48 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:38:48 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Naming convention and test suite ID in metadata" taken up [from Christophe]
12:39:17 [MichaelC]
scribe: MichaelC
12:40:05 [MichaelC]
cs: We didn't finish discussion of naming convention; no further discussion online
12:41:07 [MichaelC]
mc: taking a lot of time to discuss, will take more to implement, let's just move forward
12:41:35 [MichaelC]
ci: worried some test cases will end up in wrong SC
12:41:39 [MichaelC]
mc: trust in metadata
12:41:45 [MichaelC]
... if that's wrong, then we need to make change
12:41:49 [shadi]
s/ci:/cv:
12:41:51 [MichaelC]
... has been months of discussion though
12:42:33 [MichaelC]
saz: ask for summary of issue
12:42:44 [MichaelC]
cs: Bentoweb planned to have test suites for different technologies
12:43:09 [MichaelC]
... needed way to distinguish test suites in ids
12:43:20 [MichaelC]
... at moment we only have one so it's not really relevant
12:43:28 [MichaelC]
... but there's nothing scripts can acton
12:43:34 [MichaelC]
s/acton/act on/
12:44:27 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/2008/04/08-tsdtf-minutes.html#item02
12:44:46 [MichaelC]
saz: reviewing previous discussion (above link)
12:45:33 [shadi]
xhtml1_text-equiv-all_002
12:45:42 [shadi]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Apr/0002.html
12:45:52 [MichaelC]
... ID like above sample was proposal
12:46:14 [MichaelC]
... we agreed it was beneficial, but didn't close on how much work it would be to migrate
12:46:54 [MichaelC]
cs: bulk of work is moving from numbers to ids
12:47:40 [MichaelC]
mc: is it the task of making the change, or making the mapping from number to id mapping?
12:47:46 [MichaelC]
cs: it's the renaming of files
12:49:29 [MichaelC]
cv: not sure about resources for making change
12:50:41 [MichaelC]
saz: cs and cv should work out whether we have resources to make change and make it, or decide we can live with it
12:51:38 [MichaelC]
ACTION: cs and cv to work out whether we have resources to make change and make it, or decide we can live with it
12:52:37 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 2
12:52:37 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Review of test samples" taken up [from Christophe]
12:54:13 [MichaelC]
cs: tb has finished review
12:55:08 [MichaelC]
... status for ci?
12:55:19 [MichaelC]
ci: were responses to Tim's comments
12:55:33 [MichaelC]
cs: will summarize changes made and send to list
12:56:17 [MichaelC]
saz: issue with test samples that have video or audio format
12:56:52 [Christophe]
Resolution from 8 april was to ignore the files that have been uploaded in the wrong directory and follow the process for future uploads
12:58:27 [MichaelC]
saz: should migrate from focus on what files in CVS, to using an interface that doesn't worry about structure underneath
13:00:31 [MichaelC]
cv: there are other W3C test suites that are purely CVS based
13:00:51 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
13:01:03 [MichaelC]
saz: W3C persistency policy is about any Web resource, not just HTML
13:01:27 [MichaelC]
... CVS Web front end is not recommended, is resource intensive
13:01:39 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
13:01:49 [MichaelC]
... suggest we focus on HTML view of test suite
13:02:31 [MichaelC]
... don't think we can break persistency policy and remove just because it ended up somewhere wrong
13:02:52 [MichaelC]
... if we rename test samples, we will have a whole slew of tests that are obsolete
13:03:16 [MichaelC]
mc: can set up redirects, but that might not be the easiest path
13:03:31 [MichaelC]
tb: how determine how a test is obsolete?
13:03:40 [MichaelC]
saz: mostly the renaming
13:04:46 [MichaelC]
cs: test samples for audio and video don't list all the technologies used in the metadata
13:04:51 [MichaelC]
... need volunteers to scrub
13:05:15 [MichaelC]
mc: can help in a week or two
13:05:20 [MichaelC]
cs: will send instructions to list
13:06:17 [MichaelC]
... we have one that uses wmv
13:06:43 [MichaelC]
... there are 3 ways of identifying; should make them more consistent
13:07:08 [MichaelC]
mc: not just using MIME type?
13:07:13 [MichaelC]
cs: metadata uses more than MIME
13:09:58 [MichaelC]
cs: recommendations?
13:10:09 [MichaelC]
mc: people should get to it when they get to it on a scrubbing pass
13:10:42 [MichaelC]
tb: are there standardized identification mechanisms for media we're using?
13:10:56 [MichaelC]
cs: W3C formats have stable mechanisms, but not sure for external formats
13:11:12 [MichaelC]
... Wikipedia entry perhaps our best bet
13:11:37 [MichaelC]
cv: suggest supplement with MIME type in case URL of recommendation disappears
13:13:37 [MichaelC]
cs: where should it go?
13:13:45 [MichaelC]
cv: new attribute
13:14:55 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
13:15:15 [Christophe]
MIME Media Types: http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/
13:18:14 [MichaelC]
action: Christophe to add MIME type to TCDL schema
13:18:31 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
13:18:31 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Next steps for current repository content" taken up [from Christophe]
13:19:10 [MichaelC]
cs: question whether to update test samples to new draft
13:19:16 [MichaelC]
... wanted to identify which SC are stable
13:19:36 [MichaelC]
q+
13:20:05 [MichaelC]
saz: should focus on doing a diff
13:20:17 [shadi]
ack m
13:21:16 [MichaelC]
mc: when CR comes out, anything not listed as "at risk" is stable because can't change without bouncing back to WD
13:22:46 [MichaelC]
saz: reviewing action, CV was to look at diffs
13:22:53 [MichaelC]
cv: pending, have documents, need to do comparison
13:23:15 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 4
13:23:15 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Review of action items" taken up [from Christophe]
13:24:04 [MichaelC]
cs: reviews probably have to wait until migrate to new draft
13:24:09 [MichaelC]
saz: and new naming convention
13:25:55 [MichaelC]
NEXT MEETING: 13 May 2008
13:26:38 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:26:43 [Zakim]
-Cooper
13:26:46 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:26:48 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
13:26:50 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:26:52 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
13:26:53 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:26:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were Christophe_Strobbe, Cooper, Shadi, Carlos_Iglesias, CarlosV, Tim_Boland
13:26:58 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:26:58 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-tsdtf-minutes.html MichaelC
13:32:52 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, make log world
13:33:24 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
13:33:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:33:26 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
13:33:26 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:33:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: cs and cv to work out whether we have resources to make change and make it, or decide we can live with it [1]
13:33:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-tsdtf-irc#T12-51-38
13:33:26 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Christophe to add MIME type to TCDL schema [2]
13:33:26 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/29-tsdtf-irc#T13-18-14
13:33:29 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has left #tsdtf