IRC log of rif on 2008-04-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:41:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rif
14:41:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-rif-irc
14:41:47 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:41:49 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be RIFWG
14:41:50 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng; I see SW_RIF()11:00AM scheduled to start in 19 minutes
14:41:50 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: Rule Interchange Format Working Group Teleconference
14:41:50 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 15 April 2008
14:58:30 [csma]
csma has joined #rif
14:58:56 [Harold]
Harold has joined #rif
14:59:23 [Harold]
Hi
14:59:24 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has now started
14:59:25 [Zakim]
+Sandro
14:59:31 [csma]
Meeting: RIF telecon April 15
14:59:45 [csma]
Chair: Christian de Sainte-Marie
14:59:52 [AdrianP]
AdrianP has joined #rif
15:00:03 [csma]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0058.html
15:00:10 [csma]
Adrian, can you scribe, please?
15:00:19 [Hassan]
Hassan has joined #rif
15:00:25 [sandro]
sandro has changed the topic to: 15 April 2008 RIF telecon http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0058.html
15:00:46 [csma]
topic #rif 15 April RIF agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0058.html
15:00:51 [Zakim]
+[NRCC]
15:00:56 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
15:00:56 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
15:00:56 [Zakim]
+Mike_Dean
15:01:01 [josb]
josb has joined #rif
15:01:02 [Zakim]
+ +49.351.463.4.aaaa
15:01:03 [Zakim]
+Hassan_Ait-Kaci
15:01:13 [AdrianP]
Zakim, aaaa is me
15:01:13 [Zakim]
+AdrianP; got it
15:01:20 [Zakim]
+??P38
15:01:29 [Zakim]
+ +39.047.101.aabb
15:01:30 [csma]
zakim, ??P38 is me
15:01:32 [Zakim]
+csma; got it
15:01:32 [IgorMozetic]
IgorMozetic has joined #rif
15:01:37 [StellaMitchell]
StellaMitchell has joined #rif
15:01:55 [csma]
Scribe: Adrian Paschke
15:01:56 [Harold]
zakim, [NRCC] is me
15:01:56 [Zakim]
+Harold; got it
15:02:06 [AdrianP]
Zakim, mute me
15:02:06 [Zakim]
AdrianP should now be muted
15:02:08 [csma]
scribenick: AdiranP
15:02:22 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:02:22 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sandro, Mike_Dean, Harold, AdrianP (muted), Hassan_Ait-Kaci (muted), csma, josb
15:02:28 [Zakim]
+??P12
15:02:37 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, ??P12 is me
15:02:37 [Zakim]
+IgorMozetic; got it
15:02:43 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, mute me
15:02:43 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should now be muted
15:03:05 [csma]
Regrets: DaveReynolds
15:03:19 [LeoraMorgenstern]
LeoraMorgenstern has joined #rif
15:03:32 [ChrisW]
ChrisW has joined #rif
15:03:39 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:03:45 [StellaMitchell]
zakim, [ibm] is temporarily me
15:03:45 [Zakim]
+StellaMitchell; got it
15:03:49 [Zakim]
+[IBM]
15:03:50 [ChrisW]
zakim, ibm is temporarily me
15:03:56 [csma]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/att-0033/08-rif-minutes.html
15:03:57 [Zakim]
+ChrisW; got it
15:03:58 [AdrianP]
Topic: Administration
15:04:04 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #rif
15:04:18 [csma]
PROPOSED: accept minutes of April 8 telecon
15:04:31 [csma]
RESOLVED: accept minutes of April 8 telecno
15:05:39 [Zakim]
+??P55
15:05:51 [csma]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0066.html
15:05:53 [AdrianP]
Additional issues from Jos
15:07:03 [AdrianP]
Topic: F2F10
15:07:18 [AdrianP]
Axel: No news. Any questions?
15:07:39 [AdrianP]
csma: registration questionair?
15:08:53 [AxelPolleres]
Including a question for food preferences would be good.
15:09:17 [ChrisW]
ACTION: Sandro to open F2F10 questionaire by April 22
15:09:17 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-464 - Open F2F10 questionaire by April 22 [on Sandro Hawke - due 2008-04-22].
15:09:35 [AxelPolleres]
(vegi/non-vegi)
15:09:40 [AxelPolleres]
Including a question for who wants to join a social dinner would be good.
15:09:55 [AdrianP]
Topic: Liaison
15:10:15 [AdrianP]
Sandro: new working drafts on OWL2
15:10:29 [AdrianP]
Sandro: name changed from OWL 1.1 to OWL2
15:10:43 [AdrianP]
Sandro: three new working drafts
15:10:51 [AdrianP]
csma: any impact on RIF
15:11:04 [AdrianP]
Sandro: no, but there is a rule oriented profile
15:11:35 [Hassan]
What is a profile?
15:11:38 [AdrianP]
Sandor: called OWL-R
15:11:50 [ChrisW]
OWL profile == RIF dialect
15:11:52 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
15:12:20 [AdrianP]
csma: are they aware of our RIF work
15:12:25 [AdrianP]
Sandro: yes
15:12:27 [sandro]
not RIF dialect .... "OWL-R" profile is a OWL Fuill subset suitable for implementing with Rule systems.
15:12:28 [csma]
q?
15:12:32 [Hassan]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-owl2-profiles-20080411/
15:13:09 [AdrianP]
Topic: Publication of FLD, BLD and SWC
15:13:10 [MichaelKifer]
MichaelKifer has joined #rif
15:13:20 [AdrianP]
csma: three reviews of FLD
15:13:46 [AdrianP]
Chris: Linked reviews from web page; four reviews
15:14:04 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, unmute me
15:14:04 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should no longer be muted
15:14:04 [ChrisW]
FLD Reviews:
15:14:06 [csma]
s/three/four/
15:14:09 [ChrisW]
from Leora: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0069.html
15:14:16 [sandro]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/RIF_Working_Group see "Latest Internal Reviews"
15:14:21 [ChrisW]
From csma: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0069.html
15:14:25 [AdrianP]
Igor: FLD is ready tro be published
15:14:29 [sandro]
Igor: FLD is ready to be published. Very well written.
15:14:31 [ChrisW]
From Igor: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0069.html
15:14:41 [StellaMitchell]
+1 to Irog
15:14:44 [StellaMitchell]
Igor
15:14:50 [ChrisW]
Stella: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0054.html
15:14:51 [Zakim]
+MichaelKifer
15:15:01 [AdrianP]
csma: Leora also said it is ready to be published
15:15:50 [AdrianP]
csma: I wanted a few clarifications
15:15:58 [AdrianP]
michael: send an eMail to the list
15:16:11 [AdrianP]
csma: How do we handle meta data in this WD?
15:16:21 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I am not on the phone, because I am on a work call I can't get out of, but I agree that FLD is quite good.
15:16:39 [LeoraMorgenstern]
I do think that there are some changes which would improve it, but certainly it can be published as a working draft.
15:16:45 [AdrianP]
csma: meta data in EBNF of FLD and BLD?
15:17:21 [AdrianP]
sandro: send eMail about this to the list
15:17:33 [AdrianP]
s/send/sent
15:18:00 [AdrianP]
csma: for each issue we should have an editor note
15:18:31 [AdrianP]
csma: question of semantic meta data is open
15:18:39 [sandro]
sandro: I suggest that for each open issue, put an editor's note in that place in the document (if there is one), mentioning the issue.
15:19:29 [AdrianP]
csma: what should be marked as an open issue, e.g. XML naming, syntax and semantics for meta data
15:19:59 [josb]
+1
15:20:19 [sandro]
"Editor's Note: The design of _______ in this document is currently under discussion by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-nnn"
15:20:27 [josb]
+q
15:20:39 [josb]
s/+1//
15:20:39 [AdrianP]
Chris: We need an editor's note in FLD
15:20:44 [csma]
q?
15:20:45 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:20:45 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:20:53 [csma]
ack josb
15:20:58 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, mute me
15:20:58 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should now be muted
15:21:02 [AdrianP]
Jos: Additional open issue: rule identification
15:21:21 [AdrianP]
csma: is it not part of the meta data question?
15:21:24 [sandro]
jos: "rule identification" not really the same as metadata.
15:21:32 [AdrianP]
Jos: worth to mention explicitly
15:21:42 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:21:42 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:22:08 [AdrianP]
Jos: there should be an editor's note about syntax and rule identification
15:22:14 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:22:14 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:22:20 [AdrianP]
michael: currently rule identification is part of meta data
15:22:27 [csma]
q?
15:22:40 [Harold]
q+
15:22:43 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:22:43 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:22:50 [AdrianP]
Jos: currently you can not identify single rules
15:23:08 [AdrianP]
Jos: syntactic issues: meta data and rule identifier
15:23:11 [sandro]
"Editor's Note: The metadata syntax and the way approach to rule identification presented in this draft are currently under discussion by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-nnn"
15:23:18 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:23:18 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:23:19 [AdrianP]
Chris: IRI syntax is still under discussion
15:23:23 [sandro]
"Editor's Note: The metadata syntax and the approach to rule identification presented in this draft are currently under discussion by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-nnn"
15:24:00 [Harold]
q-
15:25:09 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:25:09 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:25:33 [AdrianP]
michael: there is a way to identify a single rule
15:25:44 [AdrianP]
csma: by wrapping them in a rule set
15:25:44 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:25:44 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:26:01 [AdrianP]
Chris: open issue on rule identification
15:26:23 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=The names of XML elements are being discussed by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-49}}
15:27:01 [AdrianP]
csma: other editor's note for FLD?
15:27:17 [AdrianP]
csma: other corrections that needs to be done?
15:28:06 [AdrianP]
Hassan: Concerning XML names, still XML element structure needs to be discussed
15:28:20 [AdrianP]
csma: XML syntax should be marked as under discussion
15:28:22 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=The metadata syntax and the approach to rule identification presented in this draft are currently under discussion by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-51}}
15:29:44 [AdrianP]
Harold: structure was decided
15:29:58 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=The XML syntax, an especially the element tags, are being discussed by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-49}}
15:30:07 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=The XML syntax, and especially the element tags, are being discussed by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-49}}
15:30:42 [AdrianP]
csma: decision about frames and slots was that we use it for working draft 2
15:31:10 [AdrianP]
Hasan: we should leave it open
15:31:11 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=The XML syntax, including the element tags, is being discussed by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-49}}
15:31:30 [josb]
horrendous, indeed!
15:31:39 [AdrianP]
Chris: so we nee to new editor's notes
15:31:53 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:31:53 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:32:26 [AdrianP]
csma: csma: additions , modifications to FLD ?
15:32:39 [AdrianP]
michael: syntax of FLD and BLD need to be closely related
15:32:51 [AdrianP]
Chris: editor's note go in both documents
15:33:05 [AdrianP]
csma: in FLD there is no concrete syntax
15:33:24 [csma]
q?
15:33:40 [AdrianP]
michael: BNF needs to be fixed
15:34:17 [AdrianP]
Hassan: final EBNF needs to be further developed and be more compact
15:35:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.212.781.aacc
15:35:10 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, aacc is me
15:35:11 [Zakim]
+LeoraMorgenstern; got it
15:35:12 [Harold]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/FLD#Translation_Between_the_RIF-FLD_Presentation_and_XML_Syntaxes
15:35:37 [Harold]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/BLD#Translation_Between_the_RIF-BLD_Presentation_and_XML_Syntaxes
15:35:39 [AdrianP]
Hassan: translation between presentation syntax to concrete XML syntax needs to be more detailed and worked on
15:36:08 [AdrianP]
csma: They do not contain all information you nedd?
15:36:55 [LeoraMorgenstern]
q+
15:37:20 [AdrianP]
Hassan: For BLD these mapping rules need to be expanded. That should be added as editor's note
15:37:34 [csma]
ack leora
15:37:50 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
15:37:54 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=This XML syntax translation table is expected to be made more formal in future versions of this draft.}} <--- what Hassan wants, I think.
15:38:12 [Hassan]
Yes Sandro - thanks... :-)
15:38:41 [csma]
Editor's Note: the names of the XML elements in this serialization
15:38:41 [csma]
are still subject to change. See Working Group Issue-49.
15:38:57 [sandro]
csma: (what I just posted was an error)
15:39:07 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=This XML syntax translation table is expected to be made more formal in future versions of this draft.}}
15:39:13 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=The XML syntax, including the element tags, is being discussed by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-49}}
15:39:18 [sandro]
{{EdNote|text=The metadata syntax and the approach to rule identification presented in this draft are currently under discussion by the Working Group. Input is welcome. See Issue-51}}
15:39:28 [LeoraMorgenstern]
zakim, mute me
15:39:28 [Zakim]
LeoraMorgenstern should now be muted
15:39:55 [AdrianP]
csma: FLD should be published if the three editor's notes are added
15:40:24 [sandro]
PROPOSED: That FLD be published as a FWPD with those (above) three Editor's Notes, along with a BNF fix in "External" that MK is talking about now.
15:40:38 [AdrianP]
michael: EBNF needs to be fixed, problem with External
15:41:25 [AdrianP]
sandro: can it be fixed by noon?
15:41:46 [AdrianP]
Harold: EBNF is only a superset and does not contain all features
15:42:10 [AdrianP]
michael: we can add another editor's note that EBND needs to be fixed
15:42:26 [AdrianP]
csma: it is a working draft
15:42:52 [Hassan]
name dropping? ... ;-)
15:43:19 [AdrianP]
s/EBND/EBNF/
15:43:45 [sandro]
Sandro: let's not warn people away from the BNF....
15:43:52 [sandro]
PROPOSED: That FLD be published as a FWPD with those (above) three Editor's Notes.
15:44:39 [sandro]
PROPOSED: That FLD be published as a FPWD with those (above) three Editor's Notes.
15:44:44 [sandro]
+1 (W3C)
15:44:45 [josb]
+1
15:44:45 [AxelPolleres]
+1
15:44:50 [Hassan]
+1 ILOG
15:44:51 [josb]
+1 (FUB)
15:44:51 [IgorMozetic]
+1 (JSI)
15:44:53 [AdrianP]
+1 (REWERSE)
15:44:53 [Harold]
+1 (NRC)
15:44:57 [AxelPolleres]
+1 (DERI)
15:44:59 [Zakim]
+Gary_Hallmark
15:45:08 [MichaelKifer]
+1 (myself)
15:45:32 [mdean]
+1
15:45:39 [LeoraMorgenstern]
+1
15:45:42 [mdean]
+1 (SRI)
15:45:44 [LeoraMorgenstern]
+1 (IBM)
15:45:54 [csma]
zakim, who is the phone?
15:45:54 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, csma.
15:45:54 [GaryHallmark]
+1 oracle
15:46:07 [csma]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:46:07 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sandro, Mike_Dean, Harold, AdrianP (muted), Hassan_Ait-Kaci (muted), csma, josb, IgorMozetic (muted), StellaMitchell, ChrisW, AxelPolleres, MichaelKifer,
15:46:11 [Zakim]
... LeoraMorgenstern (muted), Gary_Hallmark
15:46:25 [ChrisW]
zakim, its' ok, we often have that problem with csma.
15:46:25 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, ChrisW
15:46:27 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:46:27 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:47:00 [Hassan]
BRAVO!!!
15:47:21 [sandro]
RESOLVED: That FLD be published as a FPWD with those (above) three Editor's Notes.
15:47:32 [AdrianP]
Topic: BLD Publication
15:47:57 [AdrianP]
csma: three reviews on BLD
15:48:07 [ChrisW]
BLD review from csma: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0068.html
15:48:10 [StellaMitchell]
my comments were minor, +1 publish
15:48:21 [ChrisW]
BLD review from Axel: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0050.html
15:48:30 [AdrianP]
Axel: I'm fine with the responses from Harold
15:48:34 [ChrisW]
BLD review from Stella: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2008Apr/0044.html
15:48:47 [AdrianP]
csma: question about equality and external terms
15:49:09 [Harold]
Christian, it's allowed: TERM ::= Const | Var | Expr | 'External' '(' Expr ')'
15:49:09 [StellaMitchell]
and, nice job on the BLD
15:49:16 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:49:16 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:49:27 [AxelPolleres]
I think it is allowed to have nested externals...
15:49:36 [AdrianP]
csma: why can we not have a equality between two external terms?
15:49:43 [AxelPolleres]
... I checked that back.
15:50:18 [AdrianP]
Harold: it is possible to have equality between two external terms
15:50:51 [sandro]
PROPOSED: That BLD be published as a WD with those (above) three Editor's Notes (same as on FLD).
15:50:59 [Harold]
Equality terms. If t and s are simple, positional, or named-argument terms then t = s is an equality term.
15:51:00 [AdrianP]
csma: we need to check, but let's go ahead with the publication
15:51:10 [Harold]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/BLD#Terms
15:51:35 [AdrianP]
csma: editor's note specific to BLD?
15:51:36 [sandro]
PROPOSED: That BLD be published as a WD with those (above) three Editor's Notes (same as on FLD).
15:51:37 [AxelPolleres]
have to go in 5min. I could say some words about the status of DTB... or shall we postpone that to next time?
15:51:41 [AxelPolleres]
+1 (DERI) to publish BLD
15:51:42 [sandro]
+1 (W3C)
15:51:49 [Hassan]
+1 (ILOG)
15:51:50 [josb]
+1 (FUB)
15:51:51 [IgorMozetic]
+1 (JSI)
15:51:51 [AdrianP]
+1 (REWERSE)
15:51:52 [mdean]
+1 (SRI)
15:51:55 [LeoraMorgenstern]
+1 (IBM)
15:51:56 [Harold]
+1 (NRC)
15:51:57 [MichaelKifer]
+1 (myself)
15:52:03 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:52:03 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:52:21 [GaryHallmark]
+1 Oracle
15:52:30 [sandro]
RESOLVED: That BLD be published as a WD with those (above) three Editor's Notes (same as on FLD).
15:52:43 [Hassan]
BRING OUT THE BUBBLES !!!
15:52:45 [sandro]
thanks Harold and Michael ?
15:52:54 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:52:54 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:53:11 [AdrianP]
Harold: Will do the changes in BLD
15:53:28 [AdrianP]
michael: I already did for FLD
15:53:51 [AdrianP]
csma: please do by 1pm today
15:54:02 [sandro]
Topic: SWC
15:54:05 [AdrianP]
Topic: SWC publication
15:54:21 [AdrianP]
Mike: document is fine; feedback ok
15:54:28 [AdrianP]
Mike: publish as is
15:54:46 [josb]
q+
15:54:50 [AdrianP]
csma: any remarks, comments?
15:54:51 [csma]
ack josb
15:55:49 [AdrianP]
Jos: WD should have an appendix about changes wrt previous versions
15:55:59 [sandro]
PROPOSED: Publish rif-rdf-owl (aka SWC) as WD.
15:56:04 [AxelPolleres]
+1 (DERI)
15:56:07 [sandro]
+1 (W3C)
15:56:10 [josb]
+1 (FUB)
15:56:10 [Hassan]
+1 (ILOG)
15:56:11 [mdean]
+1 (SRI)
15:56:15 [IgorMozetic]
+1 (JSI)
15:56:21 [MichaelKifer]
+1 (myself)
15:56:31 [AdrianP]
+1 (REWERSE)
15:56:33 [Harold]
+1 (NRC)
15:56:35 [Zakim]
-AxelPolleres
15:56:38 [LeoraMorgenstern]
+1 (IBM)
15:56:53 [GaryHallmark]
+1 Oracle
15:57:03 [sandro]
RESOLVED: Publish rif-rdf-owl (aka SWC) as WD.
15:57:12 [sandro]
Bravo, Jos!
15:57:13 [Hassan]
WOW!!!
15:57:29 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:57:29 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
15:57:52 [MichaelKifer]
I have put all 3 ednotes in the FLD wiki
15:58:04 [AdrianP]
Sandro: publication date is today
15:58:53 [AdrianP]
Topic: Action review
15:59:20 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
15:59:20 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer was already muted, MichaelKifer
15:59:22 [AdrianP]
Action 463 dropped
15:59:29 [AdrianP]
action 462 done
15:59:44 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, unmute me
15:59:44 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should no longer be muted
15:59:59 [AdrianP]
action 461 done
16:00:00 [sandro]
RRSAgent, pointer?
16:00:00 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-rif-irc#T16-00-00
16:00:14 [AdrianP]
michael: action 461 not done
16:02:03 [AdrianP]
action 461 dropped
16:02:23 [AdrianP]
action 460 due next week
16:02:45 [AdrianP]
action 459 pending discussion
16:03:05 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:03:05 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer should now be muted
16:03:15 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, unmute me
16:03:15 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should no longer be muted
16:04:01 [AdrianP]
action 452 by May 13th
16:04:25 [IgorMozetic]
zakim, mute me
16:04:25 [Zakim]
IgorMozetic should now be muted
16:04:28 [AdrianP]
action 449 done
16:04:39 [AdrianP]
action 447 done
16:05:57 [AdrianP]
action 435 pending discussion
16:06:47 [AdrianP]
action 434 continued
16:07:03 [AdrianP]
action 433 and 430 done
16:07:03 [MichaelKifer]
zakim, mute me
16:07:03 [Zakim]
MichaelKifer was already muted, MichaelKifer
16:07:15 [AdrianP]
action 428 continued
16:07:22 [Harold]
I added the three above EdNotes to BLD: http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/index.php?title=BLD&diff=1234&oldid=1216
16:08:03 [csma]
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/ToDo_before_BLD_last_call
16:08:42 [josb]
I just added them
16:09:46 [csma]
q?
16:10:11 [csma]
PROPOSED: Close issue 14. It is addressed in the RDF+OWL document
16:10:52 [csma]
RESOLVED: Close issue 14. It is addressed in the RDF+OWL document
16:11:02 [ChrisW]
ACTION: Chris to close issue 14.
16:11:03 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-465 - Close issue 14. [on Christopher Welty - due 2008-04-22].
16:11:31 [csma]
PROPOSED: Close issue 15. It is addressed in the RDF+OWL document
16:11:38 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Close this issue. It is addressed in the RDF+OWL document
16:11:45 [csma]
q?
16:11:49 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-15. It is addressed in the RDF+OWL document
16:12:03 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-15. It is addressed in the RDF+OWL document
16:12:29 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-24. It is addressed in the RDF+OWL document. At the time the issue was opened, Core was BLD.
16:12:56 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-24. It is addressed in the RDF+OWL document. At the time the issue was opened, Core was BLD.
16:13:04 [ChrisW]
ACTION: Chris to close issue-15
16:13:04 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-466 - Close issue-15 [on Christopher Welty - due 2008-04-22].
16:13:07 [ChrisW]
ACTION: Chris to close issue-24
16:13:07 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-467 - Close issue-24 [on Christopher Welty - due 2008-04-22].
16:14:27 [AdrianP]
Jos: selecting of semantics needs to be resolved
16:16:30 [josb]
q+
16:16:37 [csma]
ack josb
16:17:53 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-16, it is addressed in FLD and BLD
16:18:24 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-16, it is addressed (as far as Phase 1) in FLD and BLD through the external call mechanism
16:18:51 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-16, it is addressed (as far as Phase 1) in FLD and BLD through the external call mechanism
16:20:22 [josb]
q+
16:20:27 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Remove ISSUE-33 from critical path
16:21:11 [csma]
ack josb
16:21:39 [AdrianP]
Jos: We should keep it open and discuss how we refer to RDF graphs
16:22:45 [AdrianP]
Jos: -1
16:23:11 [csma]
q?
16:23:33 [AdrianP]
RIF should support uncertain and probabilistic information (ISSUE-17)
16:23:43 [AdrianP]
PROPOSED: Postpone this issue
16:24:22 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Postpone ISSUE-17. It is not covered by Phase I of RIF.
16:25:24 [AdrianP]
PROPOSED: Postpone ISSUE-17-20.
16:25:31 [csma]
q?
16:25:40 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Postpone ISSUE-17. It is not covered by Phase I of RIF.
16:25:57 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Postpone ISSUE-17. It is not covered by Phase I of RIF.
16:26:12 [AdrianP]
Adrian: No
16:26:17 [AdrianP]
Adrian: not in UCR
16:26:42 [AdrianP]
Hassan: Do we have a use case for probabilistic use case?
16:26:52 [AdrianP]
Hassan: We need a use case in UCR
16:27:06 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Postpone ISSUE-18. It is not covered by Phase I of RIF.
16:27:13 [csma]
q?
16:27:51 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Postpone ISSUE-19. It is not covered by Phase I of RIF.
16:28:13 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Postpone ISSUE-19. It is not covered by Phase I of RIF.
16:28:23 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Postpone ISSUE-20. It is not covered by Phase I of RIF.
16:29:03 [AdrianP]
Hassan: What is ORM fact model population?
16:29:18 [josb]
set of facts
16:29:33 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Postpone ISSUE-20. It is not covered by Phase I of RIF.
16:29:45 [Harold]
Object Role Modeling (ORM): http://www.essentialstrategies.com/publications/modeling/orm.htm
16:30:06 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: CLOSE ISSUE-21 - unclear what it means and most likely subsumed by ISSUE-38
16:30:26 [AdrianP]
Igor: What does it mean?
16:30:37 [AdrianP]
csma: John Hall brought it up
16:30:45 [ChrisW]
^Igor^Hassan
16:31:08 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: CLOSE ISSUE-21 - unclear what it means and most likely subsumed by ISSUE-38
16:31:36 [ChrisW]
PROPOSED: Remove issue-26 from CP.
16:32:08 [AdrianP]
Hassan: If we can not interchange between different rule engines
16:32:21 [AdrianP]
csma: question is if we want to discuss it before BLD
16:32:56 [ChrisW]
RESOLVED: Remove issue-26 from CP.
16:33:10 [ChrisW]
ACTION: Chris to updated issues lists to reflect resolutions
16:33:11 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-468 - Updated issues lists to reflect resolutions [on Christopher Welty - due 2008-04-22].
16:33:28 [Hassan]
+1 to adjourn
16:33:31 [ChrisW]
zakim, list attendees
16:33:31 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Sandro, Mike_Dean, +49.351.463.4.aaaa, Hassan_Ait-Kaci, AdrianP, +39.047.101.aabb, csma, josb, Harold, IgorMozetic, StellaMitchell, ChrisW,
16:33:32 [AdrianP]
Zakim, unmute me
16:33:33 [IgorMozetic]
+1
16:33:34 [Zakim]
... AxelPolleres, Gary_Hallmark, MichaelKifer, +1.212.781.aacc, LeoraMorgenstern
16:33:36 [Zakim]
AdrianP should no longer be muted
16:33:36 [Zakim]
-Gary_Hallmark
16:33:37 [ChrisW]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:33:38 [Zakim]
-StellaMitchell
16:33:39 [Zakim]
-Hassan_Ait-Kaci
16:33:39 [Zakim]
-MichaelKifer
16:33:40 [Zakim]
-Harold
16:33:40 [AdrianP]
bye
16:33:40 [Zakim]
-IgorMozetic
16:33:42 [Zakim]
-josb
16:33:49 [Zakim]
-LeoraMorgenstern
16:33:55 [csma]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:33:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-rif-minutes.html csma
16:33:58 [Zakim]
-Mike_Dean
16:34:24 [ChrisW]
Regrets: DaveReynolds
16:34:34 [csma]
rrsagent, make record public
16:34:57 [ChrisW]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:34:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sandro, AdrianP, csma, ChrisW
16:35:42 [Zakim]
-AdrianP
16:36:39 [ChrisW]
action: Chris to do a blog
16:36:40 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-469 - Do a blog [on Christopher Welty - due 2008-04-22].
16:37:43 [Zakim]
-Sandro
16:37:45 [Zakim]
-csma
17:05:00 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, ChrisW, in SW_RIF()11:00AM
17:05:03 [Zakim]
SW_RIF()11:00AM has ended
17:05:04 [Zakim]
Attendees were Sandro, Mike_Dean, +49.351.463.4.aaaa, Hassan_Ait-Kaci, AdrianP, +39.047.101.aabb, csma, josb, Harold, IgorMozetic, StellaMitchell, ChrisW, AxelPolleres,
17:05:06 [Zakim]
... Gary_Hallmark, MichaelKifer, +1.212.781.aacc, LeoraMorgenstern
17:08:13 [csma]
csma has left #rif
18:58:33 [sandro]
sandro has joined #rif
20:33:33 [sandro]
sandro has joined #rif