IRC log of sml on 2008-04-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:55:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sml
17:55:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to
17:55:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sml
17:57:40 [Sandy]
Sandy has joined #sml
17:59:11 [Kirk]
Kirk has joined #sml
18:00:23 [MSM]
MSM has changed the topic to: SML telcon, agenda at
18:00:35 [MSM]
zakim, this is sml
18:00:35 [Zakim]
ok, MSM; that matches XML_SMLWG()2:00PM
18:00:40 [MSM]
zakim, please call MSM-617
18:00:40 [Zakim]
ok, MSM; the call is being made
18:00:41 [Zakim]
18:00:55 [MSM]
zakim, who is here?
18:00:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see +1.919.227.aaaa, +1.603.823.aabb, MSM
18:00:56 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Kirk, Sandy, Zakim, RRSAgent, Julia, Jim, MSM, trackbot-ng
18:01:13 [Kirk]
zakim, aabb is Kirk
18:01:13 [Zakim]
+Kirk; got it
18:01:48 [Zakim]
+ +1.610.277.aacc
18:01:59 [Jim]
zakim, aacc is me
18:01:59 [Zakim]
+Jim; got it
18:02:19 [Zakim]
18:02:23 [Jim]
Scribe: James Lynn
18:02:30 [Jim]
ScribeNick: Jim
18:02:50 [Jim]
Meeting: SML WG Teleconference
18:03:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.845.433.aadd
18:03:40 [Jim]
Chair: John
18:03:40 [johnarwe]
johnarwe has joined #sml
18:03:43 [Zakim]
18:03:45 [Kumar]
Kumar has joined #sml
18:04:20 [Jim]
rrsagent, make log public
18:04:44 [Jim]
rrsagent, publish minutes
18:04:44 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Jim
18:05:50 [ginny]
ginny has joined #sml
18:06:14 [Zakim]
+ +1.530.823.aaee
18:06:47 [johnarwe]
zakim, aaee is ginny
18:06:47 [Zakim]
+ginny; got it
18:09:12 [MSM]
18:09:46 [Jim]
Topic: Review and approval of minutes from March 27
18:10:25 [Jim]
Resolution: Minutes accepted
18:10:56 [Jim]
Topic: Review of Action Items
18:11:51 [Jim]
Pending Action for Kumar - updated estimate - next week.
18:12:03 [Jim]
Pending Action for MSM - updated estimate - next week.
18:12:40 [Jim]
Topic: Review and close any "decided" bugs.
18:13:55 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5518
18:16:25 [Jim]
Mark as resolved - invalid
18:17:07 [Jim]
Topci: Bug 5519
18:18:26 [Kumar]
18:19:15 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as fixed - resolved
18:19:35 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5522
18:20:07 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as fixed - resolved
18:20:38 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5523
18:22:33 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial - fix per comments 2 and 3
18:22:52 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5525
18:23:51 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial
18:24:05 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5526
18:25:44 [johnarwe]
18:25:59 [johnarwe]
MSM notes that nested occurs 2x
18:27:36 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial - fix per comment 2 - note that text occurs in two places.
18:29:10 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5530
18:31:49 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as resolved - invalid
18:33:58 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as resolved - fixed
18:33:58 [MSM]
[Studying the draft of January and HT's note, I conclude that the 'inconsistency' he meant was that sometimes xmlns() was used and sometimes not. That has indeed been fixed.]
18:34:29 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5542
18:36:22 [Jim]
MSM: Prefers we use the term 'implementation-defined' rather than 'implementation-dependent'
18:38:34 [Jim]
Action: MSM to open a separate bug to address this issue.
18:38:34 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-180 - Open a separate bug to address this issue. [on Michael Sperberg-McQueen - due 2008-04-17].
18:39:26 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as resolved - fixed
18:40:38 [Jim]
Topic: Review of Bugs with no keyword, no target
18:42:27 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5635
18:45:01 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as editorial - needsReview. Define terms based on defintions in Comment 1 but not reference them.
18:45:53 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5636
18:50:11 [Jim]
John: Concern is that other specs would be prevented from layering on top of SML.
18:56:22 [Jim]
Kumar requested more time to consider this.
18:56:34 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as needsAgreement
18:56:54 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5637
19:03:16 [johnarwe]
MSM: xs:anyType is in fact a GTD
19:03:42 [johnarwe]
MSM: if we make any changes based on 5636, may need to hit the text for this bug.
19:04:22 [johnarwe]
I will try to find the discussion that Kumar and Sandy vaguely remember us having about this section, and consider that.
19:04:38 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as needsAgreement
19:05:08 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5638
19:12:52 [Zakim]
19:13:32 [Zakim]
19:18:20 [Jim]
John: Suggests those who are interested in this bug take the discussion ofline.
19:19:28 [Jim]
Sandy: Thinks that at one point the spec was worded in reference to the Rules property and was changed. We should take a look at the CVS history.
19:20:15 [Jim]
Kumar, Sandy, and MSM will investigate this and bring findings back to the group.
19:20:31 [Jim]
Resolution: Mark as needsAgreement
19:20:44 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5341
19:21:08 [Jim]
Kirk posted a new revision of the proposal today.
19:37:44 [Jim]
Resolution: No change to status
19:38:49 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5298
19:39:56 [Jim]
John added a new comment regarding a change that needs to be addressed
19:43:42 [Jim]
Resolution: Make the change in comment 5 and review next week.
19:46:56 [Jim]
Topic: Bug 5541
19:50:15 [Jim]
Jim has joined #sml
19:50:34 [johnarwe]
leaving 5541 as needs review, will pick up again next week
19:50:45 [johnarwe]
Topic: 5561
19:55:02 [Jim]
Resolution: Leave as needsReview. Kumar will add link to bug for note on XLink.
19:55:30 [Zakim]
19:55:32 [Zakim]
19:55:33 [Zakim]
19:55:34 [Zakim]
19:55:36 [Zakim]
19:55:47 [Zakim]
19:56:01 [Jim]
rrsagent, publish minutes
19:56:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Jim
19:56:23 [Jim]
Present: Users in #sml@trackbot-ngJimJuliaKirkKumarMSMRRSAgentSandyZakimginnyjohnarwe
19:56:58 [Jim]
Regrets: Pratul, Jordan
19:57:14 [Jim]
rrsagent, publish minutes
19:57:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Jim
19:58:41 [Jim]
Jim has left #sml
19:59:37 [Julia]
Julia has left #sml
20:00:33 [johnarwe]
johnarwe has left #sml
20:05:40 [Zakim]
20:05:42 [Zakim]
- +1.845.433.aadd
20:05:43 [Zakim]
XML_SMLWG()2:00PM has ended
20:05:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.919.227.aaaa, +1.603.823.aabb, MSM, Julia, Kirk, +1.610.277.aacc, Jim, Sandy, +1.845.433.aadd, [Microsoft], +1.530.823.aaee, ginny
20:07:25 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sml