IRC log of tsdtf on 2008-04-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:25:44 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:25:44 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/04/08-tsdtf-irc
12:25:51 [Christophe]
zakim, what conferences?
12:25:51 [Zakim]
I see ARCH_Team()8:00AM, UW_Team()8:00AM active
12:25:52 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM, IA_CDFWG()8:30AM
12:25:59 [Christophe]
zakim, this will be WAI_TSDTF
12:25:59 [Zakim]
ok, Christophe; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
12:26:09 [Christophe]
Meeting: TSD TF
12:26:18 [Christophe]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Apr/0003.html
12:26:29 [Christophe]
Chairs: CarlosV, Christophe
12:26:41 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Links to video files
12:26:54 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Naming convention and test suite ID in metadata
12:27:06 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Review of test samples
12:27:15 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Next steps for current repository content
12:27:23 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Review of action items
12:30:05 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:30:05 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8783 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
12:30:39 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:30:46 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:31:16 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
12:31:26 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
12:31:27 [Zakim]
+??P2
12:31:44 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
12:31:47 [shadi]
zakim, ??p2 is really Christophe
12:31:47 [Zakim]
+Christophe; got it
12:31:53 [Zakim]
+Cooper
12:33:14 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:34:02 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
12:34:50 [shadi]
agenda?
12:35:04 [Tim]
Scribe: Tim
12:35:13 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:35:13 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Links to video files" taken up [from Christophe]
12:35:58 [Tim]
CS: video files in different directory from author-supported media
12:36:31 [Tim]
.. did anybody else find references?
12:37:02 [Tim]
SAZ: need to make sure people upload files correctly (maybe do redirect?)
12:39:06 [Tim]
.. CVS interface may solve problem when it comes
12:42:29 [Tim]
Resolution: ignore the files that have been uploaded in the wrong directory and follow the process for future uploads
12:42:41 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 2
12:42:41 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Naming convention and test suite ID in metadata" taken up [from Christophe]
12:43:00 [Christophe]
-> proposal http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Apr/0002.html
12:43:02 [Tim]
CS: proposal sent to list
12:44:16 [shadi]
TECH_SCID_NNN -> xhtml1_text-equiv-all_002
12:45:07 [shadi]
sc1.1.1_l1_002
12:46:01 [Tim]
SAZ: SC ID more stable than SC number..
12:46:18 [Tim]
.. also remove level reference since level may change
12:48:00 [Tim]
CS: through rulesets should be able to get from SC ID to correct current SC number
12:50:56 [Tim]
SAZ: rulesets synchronized with WCAG
12:51:47 [Tim]
SAZ: What about impact on current tests?
12:52:11 [Tim]
CS: maybe can automate..?
12:53:13 [Tim]
CS: maybe can add new attribute in TCDL that identifies test suite?
12:54:15 [Tim]
.. with attribute direct identifier, with technology may need to infer
12:56:31 [Tim]
SAZ: techniques have different subcategories
12:56:44 [Tim]
CS: some refer to general techniques
12:57:25 [Tim]
SAZ: need to consider mapping of test suites to techniques
13:01:26 [Tim]
CS: currently xhtml is only technology considered in this way
13:02:33 [Tim]
SAZ: different way of packaging tests into test suites than WCAG might have - possible issue?
13:03:46 [Tim]
SAZ: what sorting functionalities will be implemented?
13:04:22 [Tim]
MC: metadata important, not necessarily packaging (from WCAG point of view)
13:05:00 [Tim]
SAZ: maybe wait on this until other views presented (to see how people think)
13:06:05 [Tim]
CS: do we want technology in naming convention?
13:07:08 [Tim]
SAZ: need a definition for "technology"
13:10:59 [Tim]
CS: may be complications in test samples referencing technologies
13:14:01 [Tim]
SAZ: don't need to worry right now about how to sort test samples into test suites
13:14:15 [Tim]
.. maybe take back to mailing list
13:14:52 [Tim]
SAZ: want a way to relate a test sample to test suite (only one test suite right now)
13:15:42 [Tim]
SAZ: still need to consider in future how we define a test suite
13:17:11 [Tim]
MC: make naming convention simple (and leave other info in metadata)
13:18:54 [Tim]
SAZ: need to consider kind of sorting we might want to do
13:21:47 [Tim]
SAZ: need more discussion - respond to CS posting on mailing list
13:22:57 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 3
13:22:57 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Review of test samples" taken up [from Christophe]
13:23:32 [Christophe]
-> structure review
13:23:36 [Christophe]
-> structure review http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/process#structure
13:23:36 [Tim]
CS: changed a few things in structure review - people should comment
13:24:20 [Tim]
SAZ: clearer
13:24:25 [Tim]
TB: agree
13:24:37 [Tim]
CI: better
13:25:01 [Tim]
Resolution: TF accepts changes by CS to structure review
13:25:52 [Christophe]
-> naming convention http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL#naming
13:25:59 [Tim]
CS: changes to naming convention section in metadata file
13:26:16 [Tim]
CS: clarify WCAG level information
13:27:38 [Tim]
CS: several test samples use audio or video (not listed in technology section of metadata)
13:27:50 [Tim]
SAZ: send directions on how to check this
13:30:00 [Tim]
SAZ: next meeting April 22 tentatively (subject to availability) - otherwise 29th
13:30:28 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
13:30:37 [Zakim]
-Cooper
13:30:39 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:30:41 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:30:43 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:30:44 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Tim_Boland, Christophe, Cooper, Carlos_Iglesias
13:33:46 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:33:46 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:34:04 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:34:08 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:34:08 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/04/08-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:34:09 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:35:45 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:35:45 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items