W3C

UWA Working Group
03 Apr 2008

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Dave, Raj, Rich, Kevin, Jose, Rotan
Regrets
Sailesh
Chair
dsr
Scribe
dsr

Contents


 

 

<scribe> Meeting: UWA Working Group

<scribe> Scribe: dsr

<ksmith2> Hi Raj, just having trouble with Zakim, should be on soon...

DC Ontology

editor's draft http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/editors-drafts/DeliveryContextOntology/2008-03-01/DCOntology.html

<jcantera> http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/editors-drafts/DeliveryContextOntology/2008-03-01/DCOntology.html#summary-changes

Dave notes that we are behind with the process heartbeat requirement for publishing a document every 3 months, so this is very timely.

Jose runs us through the list of changes from the previous draft

Dave suggests thanking Volantis for the protege plugin in the acknowledgement section.

Jose, okay I will add that.

Jose can we agree to publish this draft and to invite comments?

Dave proposes we give people a week to provide feedback and hearing no substantive feedback we publish next Thursday or soon after.

Resolution: UWA WG to publish editor's draft for DC Ontology on 10 April 2008 if there are no objections in the interim

Approval of last telecon minutes

Any objections to publishing the minutes from 20 March?

No objections.

Resolution: To publish minutes from 20 March 2008

Reminder to complete questionnaires

Dave reminds people to fill out the two questionnaires on the face to face and device coordination call.

Jose: our facilities are limited to 25 people, which might be a problem.
... I could host a face to face of 10 people, no problem.

Dave: to proceed with the workshop on device properties, we need a host, location., dates, scope and program committee.

We could perhaps plan for mid-September for the workshop.

Jose: we could then plan for the face to face for mid-July hosted by Telefonica.

Kevin: very much support the idea of a workshop, and would like to involve OMA etc.

Rich: likes the idea.

Dave suggests using email to collect ideas for the workshop.

<scribe> ACTION: Dave to post email to kick off discussion on workshop scope etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/03-uwawg-minutes.html#action01]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-87 - Post email to kick off discussion on workshop scope etc. [on Dave Raggett - due 2008-04-10].

Subscribing to public-uwa list

To subscribe to this list, Send an email to public-uwa-request@w3.org with the word subscribe in the email subject header

Raj: isn't this something where you should be added automatically?

Dave: I thought so, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Volunteer for reviewing DDR Simple API

<scribe> ACTION: Raj to review DDR Simple API on behalf of UWA [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/03-uwawg-minutes.html#action02]

<trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-88 - Review DDR Simple API on behalf of UWA [on Raj Tumuluri - due 2008-04-10].

review of pending actions

see http://www.w3.org/2007/uwa/trackbot/actions/open

Jose thinks that re-chartering should occur after the device properties workshop.

Dave asks whether this would cause any problems for work on DDR API ?

Dave asks Rich on how he wants to proceed on user modeling/personalization?

Rich meeting with head of ISO SC36 Irwin Doberby(sp?) and others interested personalization. He will know more after the call and will be report next week.

All the people are keen to work on this at W3C.

<Rich> Erlend Overby

We briefly revert to discussing the workshop.

The first step is to identify the goals/scope of the workshop and who are the people/organizations we want to be present.

Jose suggests contacting BB/DD/UWA as these cover a lot of the organizations of interest.

<Rotan> And OMA, OAA groups.

actions:

9 is closed

23 is still pending

67 is pending, but Dave notes Google has submitted a location API proposal to another WG

on 77, Jose to Ask his university colleague about providing a DCCI implentation report.

Jose, the person in question is very busy, I will ask him another time.

Jose notes that he has been too busy on DD work to progress his UWA work items, but plans to work on them in April.

on 79, Consult with kevin re enhancement of DISelect via AVTs. (Rotan)

Rotan: there are arguments on this, AVTs may be too tightly coupled, but others like them.

Kevin: AVT (attribute value template). A plug-able selection sheet is very attractive. Wants to discuss this before workshop.

On 80, we haven't heard from Paul on this as yet, Dave to ping Paul.

Dave it seems to be a question of what standards we want: one for authoring and one for content selection/layout

<ksmith2> Kevin: DIAL can evolve as (1) a complete authoring language allowing content selection, based on XHTML 1 or 2 and (2) a pluggable content selection stylesheet that can be added to existing well-formed Web markup.

<ksmith2> Kevin: However there is a need to standardise on the content selection methid API, based on the DC ontology, in order to ensure value and uptake.

We are also waiting to hear back from Paul and Jose on the use cases for layout.

Dave: we need a solution that combines content selection with layout, e.g. how the selected content is split across a number of smaller pages.

Jose: yes indeed.

Summary of Action Items

[NEW] ACTION: Dave to post email to kick off discussion on workshop scope etc. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/03-uwawg-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Raj to review DDR Simple API on behalf of UWA [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/03-uwawg-minutes.html#action02]
 
[End of minutes]