IRC log of tsdtf on 2008-04-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:16:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:16:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-tsdtf-irc
12:17:06 [Christophe]
zakim, what conferences?
12:17:06 [Zakim]
I see ARCH_Team()8:00AM, UW_Team()8:00AM active
12:17:07 [Zakim]
also scheduled at this time are IA_CDFWG()8:30AM, WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM
12:17:18 [Christophe]
zakim, this will be WAI_TSDTF
12:17:18 [Zakim]
ok, Christophe; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
12:17:29 [Christophe]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Mar/0019.html
12:17:42 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Review of test samples
12:17:51 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Naming convention and test suite ID in metadata
12:18:00 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Next steps for current repository content
12:18:10 [Christophe]
Agenda+ Review of action items
12:18:29 [Christophe]
Chairs: CarlosV, Christophe
12:18:52 [Christophe]
Meeting: TSD TF
12:30:03 [shadi]
zakim, code?
12:30:03 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8783 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
12:30:23 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #tsdtf
12:30:38 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
12:30:45 [Zakim]
+Shadi
12:32:16 [Zakim]
+??P7
12:32:38 [Christophe]
zakim, ??p7 is Christophe_Strobbe
12:32:38 [Zakim]
+Christophe_Strobbe; got it
12:32:46 [carlosI_]
carlosI_ has joined #tsdtf
12:35:10 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
12:36:01 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
12:36:17 [carlosI_]
carlosI_ has joined #tsdtf
12:37:24 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
12:38:48 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
12:38:56 [Zakim]
+Cooper
12:41:07 [shadi]
scribe: Shadi
12:41:13 [shadi]
agenda?
12:41:20 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 1
12:41:20 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Review of test samples" taken up [from Christophe]
12:41:43 [Christophe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Jan/0009.html
12:43:34 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/process
12:45:09 [shadi]
CS: as per Tim's comments, may be worth clarifying the scope of the strcuture review
12:45:34 [shadi]
...propose to swap "Metadata" and "Test Files" in the checklist section
12:45:41 [shadi]
[no disagreement]
12:45:59 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: swap "Metadata" and "Test Files" in the checklist section
12:46:08 [shadi]
action: CS swap "Metadata" and "Test Files" in the checklist section
12:47:18 [shadi]
CS: WCAG naming convention for levels changed from 1-2-3 to A-AA-AAA
12:49:38 [shadi]
SAZ: don't see this as a particular issue
12:50:23 [shadi]
MC: don't have strong preferences
12:51:02 [shadi]
CI: could be lot's of work without added benefits, i can live with 1-2-3
12:52:34 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL#naming
12:53:43 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: add a note in the naming convention about 1-2-3 to A-AA-AAA mapping, and change the HTML-view script accordingly
12:53:52 [shadi]
action: CS add a note in the naming convention about 1-2-3 to A-AA-AAA mapping, and change the HTML-view script accordingly
12:56:35 [shadi]
CS: structure review checklist doesn't tell you where to find the infomation
12:58:36 [shadi]
...for example Name & e-mail of the submitter is in the wiki, not in the metadata
12:59:45 [shadi]
CI: the guidance talks primarily about the metadata, so it is not clear that some information is in the wiki
13:06:06 [shadi]
RESOLUTION: add a brief sentence after or as part of the sub-headings to describe where the information can be found
13:06:19 [Christophe]
3 headings: Contact Information (available in Wiki); Metadata (in metadata folder); Test Files (in testfiles folder)
13:06:49 [shadi]
action: CS add a brief sentence after or as part of the sub-headings to describe where the information can be found
13:11:58 [shadi]
action: CS take a stab at rearranging the list items to better match their sections
13:16:23 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
13:18:43 [shadi]
agenda?
13:18:53 [Christophe]
zakim, take up agendum 2
13:18:53 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Naming convention and test suite ID in metadata" taken up [from Christophe]
13:20:05 [Christophe]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Feb/0010.html
13:20:37 [shadi]
CS: there was a request in the past to use the WCAG IDs rather than the SC numbers in the naming convention
13:21:07 [shadi]
...also looking around to see if there are other issues with the naming convention
13:21:59 [Christophe]
Regrets: CarlosV
13:22:31 [shadi]
MC: metadata in the filenames are always tricky
13:22:55 [shadi]
...don't feel too strongly about it, but can't guarantee SC numbers will remain even after CR
13:23:16 [shadi]
...IDs are probably more stable
13:23:39 [shadi]
...not sure about the impact though
13:24:04 [shadi]
CI: whatever is not stable, is not good in the future
13:24:28 [shadi]
...my feeling is that SCs are quite stable at the moment
13:24:41 [shadi]
...even if some changes happen, probably not too much
13:25:09 [shadi]
...more in favor for leaving as is, but can live with something else
13:25:34 [shadi]
MC: content of SCs is pretty stable but the numbering should not be considered stable
13:30:39 [shadi]
SAZ: need to look at how this will impact scripts etc
13:31:07 [shadi]
...on the other hand, we may not be able to adopt the BenToWeb scripts anyway
13:31:52 [shadi]
CS: rulesets.xml doesn't autmatically show you the test suite
13:32:15 [shadi]
...we could work in the test suite ID into the new naming convention
13:33:14 [shadi]
action: CS send a proposal for a new naming convention to the list for discussion
13:34:41 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
13:34:42 [Zakim]
-Cooper
13:34:45 [Zakim]
-Christophe_Strobbe
13:34:49 [Zakim]
-Shadi
13:34:54 [shadi]
next meeting: 8 april
13:35:20 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
13:35:21 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
13:35:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were Shadi, Christophe_Strobbe, Carlos_Iglesias, Cooper, Tim_Boland
13:36:04 [shadi]
zakim, bye
13:36:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
13:36:09 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:36:13 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:36:13 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
13:36:15 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
13:36:31 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS swap "Metadata" and "Test Files" in the checklist section [1]
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-tsdtf-irc#T12-46-08
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS add a note in the naming convention about 1-2-3 to A-AA-AAA mapping, and change the HTML-view script accordingly [2]
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-tsdtf-irc#T12-53-52
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS add a brief sentence after or as part of the sub-headings to describe where the information can be found [3]
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-tsdtf-irc#T13-06-49
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS take a stab at rearranging the list items to better match their sections [4]
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-tsdtf-irc#T13-11-58
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CS send a proposal for a new naming convention to the list for discussion [5]
13:36:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/01-tsdtf-irc#T13-33-14