IRC log of html-wg on 2008-03-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

23:07:07 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
23:07:07 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/03/27-html-wg-irc
23:07:09 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
23:07:09 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
23:07:11 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be HTML
23:07:11 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng, I see HTML_WG()7:00PM already started
23:07:12 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: HTML Issue Tracking Teleconference
23:07:12 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 27 March 2008
23:07:14 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, code?
23:07:14 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), MikeSmith
23:07:43 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
23:08:00 [MikeSmith]
Laura - you calling in?
23:08:18 [ChrisWilson]
Zakim, IPCaller is MikeSmith
23:08:18 [Zakim]
+MikeSmith; got it
23:08:50 [Laura]
Yeah. I'll call in.
23:08:55 [MikeSmith]
OK
23:10:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.715.398.aaaa
23:10:41 [Zakim]
- +1.715.398.aaaa
23:10:52 [MikeSmith]
trackbot-ng, status?
23:11:25 [ChrisWilson]
working thru action items pending review:
23:11:34 [MikeSmith]
scribenick: MikeSmith
23:11:38 [ChrisWilson]
action-50: separate email list
23:11:38 [MikeSmith]
scribe: MikeSmith
23:11:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.715.398.aabb
23:11:45 [MikeSmith]
action-50?
23:11:45 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-50 -- Dan Connolly to investigate separate mailing list on cavas/2d-graphics API with Doug S. and Chris W. -- due 2008-02-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW
23:11:45 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/50
23:12:00 [Zakim]
- +1.715.398.aabb
23:12:18 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, +1.715.398.aabb is Laura
23:12:18 [Zakim]
sorry, MikeSmith, I do not recognize a party named '+1.715.398.aabb'
23:12:41 [ChrisWilson]
close action-50
23:12:41 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-50 Investigate separate mailing list on cavas/2d-graphics API with Doug S. and Chris W. closed
23:12:51 [ChrisWilson]
(list has been created)
23:13:03 [ChrisWilson]
action-52?
23:13:03 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-52 -- Anne van Kesteren to bring summary of where the Forms TF is and recommendation for action to HTML WG -- due 2008-02-21 -- PENDINGREVIEW
23:13:03 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/52
23:13:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.715.398.aacc
23:13:27 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, +1.715.398.aacc is Laura
23:13:27 [Zakim]
+Laura; got it
23:13:42 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, mute me
23:13:42 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should now be muted
23:14:18 [MikeSmith]
ChrisWilson : there has been no follow-up to anne's summary e-mail
23:14:38 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, unmute me
23:14:38 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should no longer be muted
23:14:42 [ChrisWilson]
(that is, no further emails since the charter discussion)
23:15:25 [MikeSmith]
... his recommendation is that if nothing has happened by July 2008, then we just revert to the HTML WG owns forms in HTML and the Forms WG owns forms as a standalone
23:15:39 [ChrisWilson]
This seems reasonable to all on the call
23:15:40 [MikeSmith]
ChrisWilson : So I think his recommended course of action is good.
23:15:50 [ChrisWilson]
close action-52
23:15:50 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-52 Bring summary of where the Forms TF is and recommendation for action to HTML WG closed
23:16:03 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, mute me
23:16:03 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should now be muted
23:16:03 [ChrisWilson]
action-53?
23:16:03 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-53 -- Dan Connolly to check for offline api stuff in WebAPI proposed charter -- due 2008-02-28 -- PENDINGREVIEW
23:16:03 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/53
23:16:06 [anne]
FWIW, Ian Hickson would like explicit consent from the Forms WG that they're ok with us working on forms again, as I understand it.
23:16:16 [Hixie]
i don't mind
23:16:40 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, unmute me
23:16:40 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should no longer be muted
23:16:40 [Hixie]
i just want to make sure that i don't start integrating wf2 into html5 only later to be told that it needs to all be undone and turned into xforms
23:16:55 [Hixie]
if the group decides that wf2 is fine and we're not going to try to use xforms, that works too
23:16:59 [Hixie]
(the group = htmlwg)
23:17:30 [anne]
k
23:17:47 [ChrisWilson]
action: Chris Wilson to follow up with Forms WG to make sure they understand this plan of action by 5/1/2008
23:17:47 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-56 - Wilson to follow up with Forms WG to make sure they understand this plan of action by 5/1/2008 [on Chris Wilson - due 2008-04-03].
23:18:41 [ChrisWilson]
noted. I'll make sure that we follow up with them.
23:19:00 [ChrisWilson]
we are trying to work together here, but we do want to eventually ship html5. With forms.
23:19:50 [Hixie]
indeed
23:20:10 [Hixie]
certainly, since they are forms experts, their input can only make the spec better
23:20:24 [Hixie]
it is unfortunate that they have not been forthcoming with feedback so far
23:20:35 [ChrisWilson]
Mike: not going to have mention of offline apps in webapi charter
23:22:04 [ChrisWilson]
I want this ot be discussed in the hypertext cg, so I'm keeping the action pending review.
23:22:18 [ChrisWilson]
action-54?
23:22:18 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-54 -- Gregory Rosmaita to work with SteveF draft text for HTML 5 spec to require producers/authors to include @alt on img elements -- due 2008-04-02 -- PENDINGREVIEW
23:22:18 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/54
23:24:23 [ChrisWilson]
Waiting on input from PF group. Reopened, moved to 2 weeks from today.
23:24:52 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, mute me
23:24:52 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should now be muted
23:25:33 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, unmute me
23:25:33 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should no longer be muted
23:25:37 [ChrisWilson]
can't seem to re-open the action, it stays as pending review. Oh well.
23:26:09 [ChrisWilson]
3
23:26:13 [ChrisWilson]
whoops.
23:26:44 [ChrisWilson]
overdue action items: large number on Dan, moving them to next week.
23:26:50 [ChrisWilson]
action-8?
23:26:50 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-8 -- Michael Cooper to discuss with PFWG role attribute vs aria attribute -- due 2008-02-21 -- OPEN
23:26:50 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/8
23:27:21 [ChrisWilson]
I believe this is resolved, but needs a pointer to the spec.
23:27:49 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, mute me
23:27:49 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should now be muted
23:27:53 [ChrisWilson]
Gregory isn't around, so skipping action-23
23:28:02 [ChrisWilson]
action-40?
23:28:02 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-40 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add links on HTML WG home page to mechanism for watching changes to the HTML5 spec -- due 2008-02-21 -- OPEN
23:28:02 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/40
23:28:07 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, unmute me
23:28:07 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should no longer be muted
23:28:57 [MikeSmith]
action-40?
23:28:57 [trackbot-ng]
ACTION-40 -- Michael(tm) Smith to add links on HTML WG home page to mechanism for watching changes to the HTML5 spec -- due 2008-04-03 -- OPEN
23:28:57 [trackbot-ng]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/40
23:29:55 [ChrisWilson]
motion to adjourn?
23:30:04 [ChrisWilson]
any new business from IRC?
23:30:26 [ChrisWilson]
no objections, ADJOURNED
23:30:41 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
23:30:44 [Zakim]
-Laura
23:30:46 [Zakim]
-MikeSmith
23:30:46 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()7:00PM has ended
23:30:47 [Zakim]
Attendees were [Microsoft], MikeSmith, +1.715.398.aaaa, +1.715.398.aabb, Laura
23:30:57 [ChrisWilson]
Whoops, Microsoft was me
23:32:19 [Laura]
Laura has joined #html-wg
23:37:47 [heycam]
heycam has joined #html-wg
23:45:20 [gsnedders]
Hi Mr Microsoft!
23:45:24 [gsnedders]
:P
23:45:50 [MikeSmith]
trackbot-ng, end meeting
23:45:50 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, list attendees
23:45:50 [Zakim]
sorry, trackbot-ng, I don't know what conference this is
23:45:51 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
23:45:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/03/27-html-wg-minutes.html trackbot-ng
23:45:52 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, bye
23:45:52 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/27-html-wg-actions.rdf :
23:45:52 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Chris Wilson to follow up with Forms WG to make sure they understand this plan of action by 5/1/2008 [1]
23:45:52 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/27-html-wg-irc#T23-17-47