IRC log of xmlsec on 2008-03-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:08:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
12:08:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:08:23 [trackbot-ng]
RRSAgent, make logs public
12:08:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
12:08:25 [trackbot-ng]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
12:08:25 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot-ng; I see T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM scheduled to start in 52 minutes
12:08:26 [trackbot-ng]
Meeting: XML Security Specifications Maintenance Working Group Teleconference
12:08:26 [trackbot-ng]
Date: 18 March 2008
12:46:03 [fjh]
fjh has joined #xmlsec
12:46:42 [tlr]
dunno, I don't use CGI IRC
12:46:44 [tlr]
which one are you using?
12:47:55 [fjh]
12:47:59 [fjh]
12:48:31 [fjh]
Chair: Frederick Hirsch
12:48:39 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
12:48:39 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has not yet started, fjh
12:48:40 [Zakim]
On IRC I see fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
12:49:29 [fjh]
zakim, agenda
12:49:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand you, fjh
12:52:25 [jwray]
jwray has joined #xmlsec
12:54:15 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
12:54:19 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
12:54:20 [Zakim]
Attendees were
12:54:42 [tlr]
now, that was the shortest call ever
12:56:22 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
12:56:34 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has now started
12:56:41 [Zakim]
12:57:03 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-781
12:57:03 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
12:57:04 [Zakim]
12:57:38 [pdatta]
12:57:38 [Zakim]
+ +1.978.244.aaaa
12:57:40 [sean]
sean has joined #xmlsec
12:58:02 [tlr]
zakim, aaaa is jwray
12:58:02 [Zakim]
+jwray; got it
12:58:03 [jwray]
zakim, aaaa is jwray
12:58:04 [Zakim]
sorry, jwray, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
12:58:31 [rdmiller]
rdmiller has joined #xmlsec
12:59:06 [fjh]
Scribe: Pratik Datta
12:59:15 [tlr]
zakim, I am thomas
12:59:15 [Zakim]
ok, tlr, I now associate you with Thomas
12:59:17 [tlr]
zakim, mute me
12:59:17 [Zakim]
Thomas should now be muted
12:59:29 [fjh]
zakim, fjh is Frederick_Hirsch
12:59:29 [Zakim]
sorry, fjh, I do not recognize a party named 'fjh'
12:59:35 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
12:59:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Frederick_Hirsch, Thomas (muted), jwray
12:59:36 [Zakim]
On IRC I see rdmiller, sean, pdatta, jwray, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
12:59:41 [fjh]
zakim, Frederick_Hirsch is fjh
12:59:41 [Zakim]
+fjh; got it
12:59:47 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
12:59:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, Thomas (muted), jwray
12:59:48 [Zakim]
On IRC I see rdmiller, sean, pdatta, jwray, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:00:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.506.aabb
13:00:14 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.876.aacc
13:00:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.695.aadd
13:00:38 [fjh]
zakim, aabb is pdatta
13:00:38 [Zakim]
+pdatta; got it
13:00:48 [fjh]
zakim, aacc is sean
13:00:48 [Zakim]
+sean; got it
13:00:48 [tlr]
Kudos to Pratik for getting up that early...
13:01:05 [fjh]
zakim, aadd is rdmiller
13:01:05 [Zakim]
+rdmiller; got it
13:01:10 [fjh]
zakim, who is here?
13:01:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, Thomas (muted), jwray, pdatta, sean, rdmiller
13:01:12 [Zakim]
On IRC I see rdmiller, sean, pdatta, jwray, fjh, Zakim, RRSAgent, tlr, trackbot-ng
13:02:03 [fjh]
13:02:07 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
13:02:07 [rdmiller]
zakim, mute me
13:02:07 [Zakim]
rdmiller should now be muted
13:02:23 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.401.aaee
13:02:38 [tlr]
zakim, aaee is brich
13:02:38 [Zakim]
+brich; got it
13:02:51 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
13:03:09 [Zakim]
13:03:28 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:03:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see fjh, Thomas (muted), jwray, pdatta, sean, rdmiller (muted), brich, Ed_Simon
13:03:45 [Zakim]
13:04:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.907.aaff
13:04:47 [tlr]
zakim, aaff is shivaram
13:04:47 [Zakim]
+shivaram; got it
13:04:49 [fjh]
Topic: Administrative
13:04:51 [shivaram]
shivaram has joined #xmlsec
13:04:55 [fjh]
charter -
13:05:05 [tlr]
no more changes, please! ;-)
13:05:09 [tlr]
zakim, unmute me
13:05:09 [Zakim]
Thomas should no longer be muted
13:05:11 [pdatta]
rdmiller is going to scribe next week
13:05:42 [hal]
hal has joined #xmlsec
13:05:45 [pdatta]
tlr, charter should get out any day
13:06:11 [tlr]
s/tlr, charter should get out any day/tlr: charter should get out really soon now/
13:06:39 [pdatta]
fjh, plenary in october
13:06:46 [tlr]
13:06:48 [fjh]
13:07:00 [pdatta]
... our group won't exit
13:07:37 [pdatta]
--- questionaire when will be the follow up group like to meet
13:07:38 [PHB]
PHB has joined #xmlsec
13:07:58 [PHB]
zakim, code?
13:07:58 [Zakim]
the conference code is 965732 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), PHB
13:08:13 [tlr]
13:08:55 [Zakim]
13:09:14 [pdatta]
.. WSC may be a conflict, WAF may be too
13:09:23 [shivaram]
zakim, mute me
13:09:23 [Zakim]
shivaram should now be muted
13:09:51 [pdatta]
fjh: Monday and Tuesday should be ok
13:10:04 [pdatta]
TOPIC: review WAF document
13:10:06 [fjh]
13:11:20 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
13:11:21 [fjh]
13:11:39 [pdatta]
hal: will send comments to waf about v3 certs
13:13:10 [pdatta]
fjh: will send messsage to WS-I BSP
13:13:37 [pdatta]
hal: send a message to Paul at first
13:14:08 [fjh]
13:14:08 [pdatta]
... then send a message to the list after we go public
13:14:51 [pdatta]
RESOLUTION: meeting minutes from 26 Feb approved
13:15:09 [pdatta]
TOPIC: XML Signature 2nd edition
13:16:10 [pdatta]
TOPIC: FIPS references
13:16:12 [tlr]
actually, the link checker noticed
13:16:31 [tlr]
13:16:41 [tlr]
13:16:51 [tlr]
0003.html is Oracle's response, 0000.html is Frederick's message.
13:18:21 [pdatta]
fjh: one document added DSA algorithm, second added more hash algorithms
13:18:34 [pdatta]
s/added/added to/
13:19:06 [tlr]
brich: we don't see any isuse with changing the reference
13:19:08 [tlr]
fjh: on list?
13:19:11 [tlr]
brich: think I did that
13:21:44 [tlr]
fjh: sean, anything from you?
13:21:53 [tlr]
sean: double-checking internally, should have answer later today
13:22:17 [pdatta]
hal: don't see any changes in the last eight years
13:22:53 [pdatta]
tlr: this is a relatively old change
13:23:17 [pdatta]
hal: last change is Oct 5th 2001
13:24:01 [pdatta]
hal: this should not be any issue to somebody with their own crypto toolkit or buying a crypto toolkit
13:24:15 [pdatta]
hal: in general they are going to phase out SHA1
13:26:00 [pdatta]
sean: would know by end of today
13:26:58 [EdS]
EdS has joined #xmlsec
13:27:03 [tlr]
PROPOSED: go ahead with change unless objections by e-mail at close of business Eastern tomorrow (19 March)
13:27:33 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: Accept FIPS reference changes unless objections by e-mail at close of business Eastern tomorrow (10 March)
13:28:04 [pdatta]
s/10 March/19 March/
13:29:32 [pdatta]
TOPIC: testcase document
13:29:59 [pdatta]
fjh: action item with tlr
13:31:27 [shivaram]
zakim, unmute me
13:31:27 [Zakim]
shivaram should no longer be muted
13:32:45 [shivaram]
zakim, mute me
13:32:45 [Zakim]
shivaram should now be muted
13:32:54 [pdatta]
TOPIC: best practices
13:33:06 [pdatta]
hal: this week will post a few notes
13:33:25 [tlr]
no process problem with that
13:34:36 [pdatta]
fjh: actions 147 and 148 are still open
13:34:48 [EdS]
Ed: Please keep me updated re the EXI work when you hear back from JCC.
13:35:18 [Zakim]
13:35:19 [Zakim]
13:35:23 [Zakim]
13:35:24 [Zakim]
13:35:26 [Zakim]
13:35:27 [Zakim]
13:35:27 [Zakim]
13:35:36 [tlr]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:35:36 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate tlr
13:35:37 [Zakim]
13:35:47 [tlr]
rrsagent, make record public
13:36:31 [tlr]
Present: HalLockhart, RobMiller, SeanMullan, ShivaramMysore, BruceRich, EdSimon, PHallamBaker, PratikDatta, FrederickHirsch, ThomasRoessler
13:36:37 [tlr]
Present+ JohnWray
13:36:40 [tlr]
rrsagent, draft minutes
13:36:40 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate tlr
13:40:05 [Zakim]
13:40:12 [pdatta]
pdatta has left #xmlsec
13:42:32 [Zakim]
13:42:34 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()9:00AM has ended
13:42:36 [Zakim]
Attendees were Thomas, +1.978.244.aaaa, jwray, fjh, +1.650.506.aabb, +1.617.876.aacc, +1.443.695.aadd, pdatta, sean, rdmiller, +1.512.401.aaee, brich, Ed_Simon, Hal_Lockhart,
13:42:38 [Zakim]
... +1.408.907.aaff, shivaram, PHB
15:35:01 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xmlsec