IRC log of rdfa on 2008-03-13

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:47:14 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #rdfa
14:47:14 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:47:22 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #rdfa
14:47:31 [Steven]
zakim, this will be rdfa
14:47:31 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; I see SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM scheduled to start in 13 minutes
14:47:32 [mhausenblas]
mhausenblas has joined #rdfa
14:47:42 [Steven]
rrsagent, make log public
14:47:55 [Steven]
14:48:12 [Steven]
Shall I fill in the initial details since I've done it so often?
14:48:39 [mhausenblas]
zakim, this will be SW_SWD(RDFa)
14:48:39 [Zakim]
ok, mhausenblas; I see SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
14:48:56 [mhausenblas]
Meeting: W3C RDF-in-XHTML TF - Telecon 2008-03-13, 15:00 UTC
14:49:08 [mhausenblas]
14:49:39 [mhausenblas]
-> previous 2008-03-06
14:50:02 [Steven]
good man
14:50:40 [Steven]
Steven has changed the topic to: Agenda:
14:50:41 [msporny]
msporny has joined #rdfa
14:51:33 [mhausenblas]
ScribeNick: mhausenblas
14:51:38 [mhausenblas]
Chair: Ben
14:51:43 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
14:51:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
14:51:54 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:52:20 [Ralph]
Ralph has joined #rdfa
14:53:36 [mhausenblas]
14:53:46 [mhausenblas]
good to 'see' you again, Ralph
14:53:54 [Ralph]
you too, Michael!
14:54:01 [mhausenblas]
btw, people, did I tell you about irs?
14:54:03 [mhausenblas]
14:54:12 [mhausenblas]
kinda RDFa generator for linked-data
14:54:19 [Ralph]
you've made it public no :)
14:54:24 [Ralph]
14:54:44 [mhausenblas]
sure, np. I already did yesterday on #swig ;)
14:54:49 [Ralph]
14:55:16 [Ralph]
"results in XHTML+RDFa ..." ! :)
14:55:26 [Steven]
and on teh wiki if I'm not mistaken
14:55:47 [mhausenblas]
true, Steven-eagle-eye ;)
14:58:40 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM has now started
14:58:46 [Zakim]
14:58:48 [Zakim]
14:58:50 [Zakim]
14:58:50 [Zakim]
14:58:57 [msporny]
zakim, I am ??P2
14:59:00 [Zakim]
+msporny; got it
14:59:10 [Zakim]
15:00:20 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
15:00:20 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
15:00:21 [Zakim]
15:00:27 [Zakim]
+ +1.763.767.aaaa
15:00:50 [ShaneM]
zakim, aaaa is ShaneM
15:00:50 [Zakim]
+ShaneM; got it
15:04:29 [markbirbeck]
markbirbeck has joined #rdfa
15:06:38 [ShaneM]
ben says two more minutes
15:07:03 [markbirbeck]
zakim, code?
15:07:03 [Zakim]
the conference code is 7332 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), markbirbeck
15:07:19 [Zakim]
15:07:34 [benadida]
benadida has joined #rdfa
15:07:34 [Zakim]
15:07:55 [markbirbeck]
zakim, i am ?
15:07:55 [Zakim]
+markbirbeck; got it
15:08:10 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Action Items
15:08:28 [mhausenblas]
Ben: LC ends next Friday
15:08:40 [Steven]
15:08:50 [Steven]
15:09:02 [mhausenblas]
... if the issues are not fixed, we might need to extend LC period
15:10:26 [mhausenblas]
Ralph: There is nothing on the table to make us extend it, however
15:10:31 [Steven]
LC period is the time that people can send comments; not the time we need to resolve the issues
15:10:41 [mhausenblas]
15:10:52 [Steven]
we need to resolve all issues before going to CR
15:11:37 [mhausenblas]
Shane: All LC comments in tracker?
15:11:46 [Steven]
15:11:47 [mhausenblas]
Ben: up to last three days: yes
15:12:01 [Steven]
15:12:07 [mhausenblas]
ack Steven
15:12:42 [mhausenblas]
Steven: Schedule correct? Doesn't list CR?
15:13:08 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule to include CR
15:13:19 [mhausenblas]
[NEW] ACTION: Ben to followup with Johannes on his satisfaction with issue 88 resolution [recorded in]
15:13:38 [mhausenblas]
-- done
15:13:46 [mhausenblas]
[NEW] ACTION: Mark to summarize issue 97 and 3 options for XMLLiteral to mailing list [recorded in]
15:13:48 [mhausenblas]
-- done
15:13:54 [mhausenblas]
[NEW] ACTION: Mark update editor's draft with issue 89 resolution [recorded in]
15:14:08 [mhausenblas]
-- done
15:14:57 [mhausenblas]
is it ?
15:15:21 [mhausenblas]
[NEW] ACTION: Mark/Shane include issue 89 correction in Changes section [recorded in]
15:15:30 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:15:37 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben followup with Fabien on getting his RDFa GRDDL transform transferred to W3C [recorded in]
15:15:42 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:15:46 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'pleaes draft minutes', Ralph. Try /msg RRSAgent help
15:15:50 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate Ralph
15:15:54 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to add status of various implementations on [recorded in]
15:16:05 [mhausenblas]
-- withdraw
15:16:11 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Wiki FUP
15:16:17 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to email mailing list to think about last substantive issue on tracker: [recorded in]
15:16:27 [mhausenblas]
-- done
15:16:50 [mhausenblas]
Ben: related to ISSUE 97
15:16:58 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Ben to respond to issue 87 [recorded in]
15:17:10 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:17:16 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Manu write a response to Christian Hoertnagl for issue 7 [recorded in]
15:17:30 [mhausenblas]
-- continues
15:17:54 [mhausenblas]
[PENDING] ACTION: Michael to create "Microformats done right -- unambiguous taxonomies via RDF" on the wiki [recorded in]
15:17:59 [mhausenblas]
-- withdraw
15:18:42 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki
15:18:56 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Discussion of @profile/DOCTYPE
15:19:29 [mhausenblas]
Ralph: Heads-up - conversion with Norm Walsh
15:20:00 [mhausenblas]
... TAG may discuss the FYN issue
15:20:14 [Ralph]
-> issue 28 Follow your nose
15:21:19 [mhausenblas]
Shane: I proposed a solution (a SHOULD ?)
15:22:02 [Ralph]
-> "Re: RDFa test case #1 missing @profile?" [Shance 2008-03-03]
15:22:08 [Ralph]
15:22:59 [markbirbeck]
s/conversion with/conversation with/
15:23:59 [mhausenblas]
Ralph: TAG might have objections if not a MUST
15:24:24 [mhausenblas]
Mark: I disagree; more flexible solutions are at hand (after reading a lot of minutes)
15:25:15 [mhausenblas]
Michael: IMHO the TAG has a clear position on that as well (cf. )
15:25:16 [Ralph]
-> "Re: Best Practices Issue: RDF Format Discovery" [Ben 2008-02-06]
15:25:31 [markbirbeck]
s/more flexible solutions are at hand/there seems to be some sympathy to being flexible, amongst some TAG members/
15:27:05 [Steven]
15:27:09 [mhausenblas]
Shane: doc, UA, and processing conformance
15:27:16 [mhausenblas]
... in the Syntax
15:27:35 [mhausenblas]
ack Steven
15:28:06 [markbirbeck]
15:28:19 [Ralph]
15:28:34 [mhausenblas]
Steven: Validating issues, as well - it is up to consumer to decide
15:28:44 [mhausenblas]
ack markbirbeck
15:29:07 [msporny]
+1 to Mark's plea to move on to other issues.
15:29:48 [mhausenblas]
Mark: We'll see and we are properly prepared with arguments
15:30:24 [ShaneM]
Editors draft updated at
15:32:48 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Test Cases
15:33:30 [mhausenblas]
15:35:55 [mhausenblas]
Michael: RDFa TC results; Manu to integrate the generalised EARL generator for the RDFa IR
15:36:35 [mhausenblas]
ACTION: Manu to enable EARL output in RDFa Test Harness
15:37:09 [mhausenblas]
Ben: JS version on the way
15:37:16 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:37:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
15:37:22 [mhausenblas]
Topic: Issues
15:38:05 [mhausenblas]
15:38:19 [mhausenblas]
Ben: adding "top" and "first" to reserved values ?
15:38:35 [mhausenblas]
Steven: XHTML2 has done it, I believe
15:38:41 [mhausenblas]
Shane seconds
15:39:47 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Propose to resolve XHTML2 decision
15:40:28 [benadida]
PROPOSE to accept XHTML2 WG decision on reserved keywords
15:40:31 [mhausenblas]
15:40:32 [msporny]
15:40:46 [mhausenblas]
15:40:58 [mhausenblas]
15:41:16 [msporny]
+1 to kill ISSUE 91 paragraph per Mark's argument.
15:41:31 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Should we remove the paragraph as per Mark
15:41:40 [mhausenblas]
... cf.
15:43:14 [benadida]
"If an XML dialect that supports @xml:base eventually implements RDFa,
15:43:14 [benadida]
> the RDFa parser for that host language will likely process @xml:base and
15:43:14 [benadida]
> use its value to set [base]."
15:47:05 [mhausenblas]
Ben: clear language and remove the misleading example
15:47:47 [mhausenblas]
MArk: remove Appendix A?
15:48:06 [mhausenblas]
... but move other lang sutff up
15:48:16 [mhausenblas]
15:48:50 [benadida]
PROPOSE: we remove the xml:base example, and move the xml:base description (minus example) into the main text, removing appendix A.
15:48:55 [mhausenblas]
15:49:52 [mhausenblas]
Manu: but don't put it in the processing rules section
15:50:10 [mhausenblas]
15:50:39 [mhausenblas]
Ben: Issues 93-94 via mailing list
15:50:56 [mhausenblas]
... and issue 95, as well
15:51:04 [markbirbeck]
15:51:14 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:51:14 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
15:53:10 [mhausenblas]
Mark: leverage RSS and AtomOwl stuff
15:54:16 [mhausenblas]
Ben: how about XHTMLLiteral?
15:56:28 [mhausenblas]
Mark: For example <content:encoded> from RSS content modules
15:56:50 [markbirbeck]
s/leverage RSS/some reading I've been doing points to the possibility of leveraging RSS/
15:57:29 [ShaneM]
implemented issue 91 fix. In the draft at
15:58:18 [mhausenblas]
Mark: RDFa Syntax is quite clear about this
15:58:39 [markbirbeck]
s/RDFa Syntax/RDFa Concepts/
15:58:56 [markbirbeck]
oops...sorry Michael!
15:59:09 [msporny]
15:59:13 [markbirbeck]
I've made a mess there.......
15:59:24 [Steven]
16:00:22 [mhausenblas]
Ben: RDFa Primer will take a new route; volunteers?
16:00:28 [mhausenblas]
ack Steven
16:00:35 [Steven]
16:01:21 [ShaneM]
16:01:28 [mhausenblas]
Michael: Volunteers to chime into the RDFa Primer
16:01:51 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:01:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
16:01:55 [Zakim]
16:03:05 [Ralph]
-> "Re: ODF and semantic web" [Mark 2007-10-14]
16:04:12 [markbirbeck]
Svante Schubert
16:06:12 [mhausenblas]
16:07:34 [ShaneM]
16:07:39 [ShaneM]
16:08:39 [mhausenblas]
16:08:40 [Zakim]
16:08:51 [Ralph]
16:08:54 [Zakim]
16:08:57 [Steven]
Svante is also ion the CSS WG
16:09:03 [mhausenblas]
Zakim, list attendees
16:09:03 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Ralph, msporny, Michael_Hausenblas, Steven, +1.763.767.aaaa, ShaneM, Ben_Adida, markbirbeck
16:09:04 [Steven]
16:09:15 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:09:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate mhausenblas
16:10:29 [Ralph]
rrsagent, stop
16:24:05 [Zakim]
16:24:06 [Zakim]
SW_SWD(RDFa)11:00AM has ended
16:24:08 [Zakim]
Attendees were Ralph, msporny, Michael_Hausenblas, Steven, +1.763.767.aaaa, ShaneM, Ben_Adida, markbirbeck
16:24:15 [Ralph]
zakim, bye
16:24:15 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #rdfa
16:24:17 [Ralph]
rrsagent, bye
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in :
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule to include CR [1]
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Michael to create 'RDFa for uF users' on RDFa Wiki [2]
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Manu to enable EARL output in RDFa Test Harness [3]
16:24:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in