IRC log of tsdtf on 2008-03-04

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:29:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #tsdtf
12:29:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-tsdtf-irc
12:29:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #tsdtf
12:29:51 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsd
12:29:51 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:30:00 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tstf
12:30:00 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, shadi
12:30:03 [shadi]
zakim, this will be tsdtf
12:30:03 [Zakim]
ok, shadi; I see WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM scheduled to start in 60 minutes
13:25:40 [CarlosV]
CarlosV has joined #tsdtf
13:27:16 [CarlosV]
rrsagent, bookmark
13:27:16 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-tsdtf-irc#T13-27-16
13:29:27 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has now started
13:29:35 [Zakim]
+Klaus/Johannes/Thomas
13:30:43 [CarlosV]
agenda+ Next steps for current repository content. Waiting for update from WCAG WG.
13:30:51 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #tsdtf
13:31:06 [CarlosV]
zakim, Klaus/Johannes/Thomas is really CarlosV
13:31:06 [Zakim]
+CarlosV; got it
13:31:08 [Zakim]
+Cooper
13:31:30 [Tim]
Tim has joined #tsdtf
13:31:33 [CarlosV]
agenda+ Review of test samples
13:31:53 [CarlosV]
agenda+ Naming convention and test suite ID in metadata
13:32:01 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
13:32:18 [CarlosV]
agenda+ Review of action items
13:33:13 [shadi]
zakim, code?
13:33:13 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8783 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), shadi
13:33:55 [Zakim]
+??P2
13:33:59 [CarlosV]
agenda?
13:34:06 [shadi]
zakim, ??p2 is really Shadi
13:34:06 [Zakim]
+Shadi; got it
13:34:31 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
13:34:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see CarlosV, Cooper, Tim_Boland, Shadi
13:35:31 [carlosI]
carlosI has joined #tsdtf
13:37:20 [Zakim]
+Carlos_Iglesias
13:37:45 [shadi]
meeting: TSD TF
13:37:51 [shadi]
chair: CarlosV
13:38:03 [shadi]
scribe: Tim
13:38:18 [shadi]
regrets: Christophe, Vangelis
13:38:32 [Tim]
Topic: Next steps for current repository content. Waiting for update from WCAG WG.
13:38:59 [shadi]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Mar/0000.html
13:39:07 [Tim]
CV: waiting for feedback from WCAG..
13:41:14 [Tim]
SAZ: ask WCAG for clarification on items?
13:42:30 [Tim]
SAZ: need to check what has changed since May WD..
13:43:06 [MichaelC]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/
13:43:24 [Tim]
MC: editor's draft URL.. fairly current
13:44:16 [Tim]
MC: almost all SC are stable except for 1.1 and ones relating to multimedia (maybe some others also?)
13:44:35 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/Overview-diff.html
13:44:40 [Tim]
MC: no guarantee (just best guess..)
13:45:06 [Tim]
MC: no diff markings between WDs because of readability issues..
13:46:23 [Tim]
MC: maybe use CVS to track changes?
13:47:24 [Tim]
SAZ: lot of tests developed according to May 2007 draft - need to see what has changed
13:47:53 [Tim]
SAZ: need to mark what has changed and what has not changed
13:49:27 [Tim]
MC: compare May 17 2007 version to current version?
13:50:36 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/Overview-diff.html
13:51:21 [shadi]
May -> Dec -> now
13:52:09 [Tim]
SAZ: should go thru diffs or XMLSpec..which?
13:56:17 [Tim]
CV: can old XML files be sent?
13:56:37 [MichaelC]
Current version of WCAG src: http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/sources/wcag2-src.xml
13:57:48 [Tim]
Action: CV to follow up with MC on generating WCAG diff from May 2007 to current internal draft
13:59:06 [Tim]
Topic: Review of test samples
13:59:38 [CarlosV]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-wai-ert-tsdtf/2008Jan/0009.html
14:02:19 [Tim]
TB: need more robust tracking/coordination mechanism between WCAG and tests for consistency
14:04:47 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
14:06:19 [shadi]
http://www.bentoweb.org/refs/TCDL2.0.html#edef-rules
14:06:20 [CarlosV]
http://bentoweb.org/ts/XHTML1_TestSuite3/metadata/sc1.1.1_l1_001.xml
14:09:22 [Tim]
SAZ: test sample should match exactly one guideline
14:11:43 [shadi]
<rule id="http://bentoweb.org/refs/rulesets.xml#WCAG2_20060427_1.1_text-equiv-all"
14:12:02 [Tim]
TB: should be goal that tests point to latest stable WCAG WD
14:12:49 [Tim]
SAZ: there is mechanism to identify which version tests are written for
14:13:21 [Tim]
SAZ: rulesets need to change to reflect new WCAG version..
14:13:32 [shadi]
<rule id="http://bentoweb.org/refs/rulesets.xml#WCAG2_20071211_1.1_text-equiv-all"
14:13:55 [Tim]
SAZ: id would need to change..
14:15:48 [shadi]
<guideline id="WCAG20-20060427_1.1" name="1.1" xlink:href="http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-WCAG20-20060427/guidelines.html#text-equiv">
14:16:45 [Tim]
SAZ: id of guidelines should match id of rule (how versioning is done)..
14:17:12 [Tim]
TB: how easy to maintain?
14:17:58 [Tim]
SAZ: fragment name is different (possible issue?)
14:18:17 [Tim]
SAZ: possibly a checker (Schematron?)
14:18:49 [shadi]
can schematron check if the rule ID really matches an existing rulesets guideline ID?
14:19:51 [Tim]
SAZ: should be able to check metadata (to prevent generating false metadata)
14:20:28 [shadi]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/tests/usingTCDL
14:20:42 [shadi]
attribute xlink:href - required
14:29:16 [Tim]
CV: possible loss of information with updating?
14:37:03 [shadi]
Suggestion: SAZ add brief note in the Using TCDL document on how the xlink attribute in the rule element works (that it points to the specific version of the guidelines within the rulesets.xml document)
14:38:29 [Tim]
Action: SAZ to add brief note in the Using TCDL document on how the xlink attribute in the rule element works (that it points to the specific version of the guidelines within the rulesets.xml document)
14:40:16 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
14:40:17 [Zakim]
-Shadi
14:40:22 [Zakim]
-CarlosV
14:40:33 [Zakim]
-Carlos_Iglesias
14:42:00 [shadi]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:42:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cooper
14:42:06 [shadi]
zakim, drop cooper
14:42:06 [Zakim]
Cooper is being disconnected
14:42:08 [Zakim]
WAI_TSDTF()8:30AM has ended
14:42:09 [Zakim]
Attendees were CarlosV, Cooper, Tim_Boland, Shadi, Carlos_Iglesias
14:42:16 [shadi]
zakim, bye
14:42:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #tsdtf
14:42:22 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:42:26 [shadi]
rrsagent, make minutes
14:42:26 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-tsdtf-minutes.html shadi
14:42:27 [shadi]
rrsagent, make logs world
14:42:31 [shadi]
rrsagent, bye
14:42:31 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-tsdtf-actions.rdf :
14:42:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: CV to follow up with MC on generating WCAG diff from May 2007 to current internal draft [1]
14:42:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-tsdtf-irc#T13-57-48
14:42:31 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: SAZ to add brief note in the Using TCDL document on how the xlink attribute in the rule element works (that it points to the specific version of the guidelines within the rulesets.xml document) [2]
14:42:31 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-tsdtf-irc#T14-38-29