IRC log of emotion on 2008-02-28

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:49:17 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #emotion
14:49:17 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2008/02/28-emotion-irc
14:49:29 [marc]
zakim, this will be INC_EMOXG
14:49:29 [Zakim]
ok, marc; I see INC_EMOXG()10:00AM scheduled to start in 11 minutes
14:51:00 [marc]
agenda+ Review of the ranked requirements
14:51:11 [marc]
agenda+ Discussion of sub-classing in XML, RDF, OWL (ongoing)
14:51:33 [marc]
agenda+ Initial thoughts on combining EmotionML with existing markup languages such as EMMA, SMIL etc.
14:51:45 [marc]
agenda+ Date of next meeting
14:51:49 [marc]
agenda?
14:53:50 [bschulle]
bschulle has joined #emotion
14:53:57 [bschulle]
hi.
14:54:29 [bjoern]
bjoern has joined #emotion
14:54:47 [marc]
hi björn!
14:55:00 [bjoern]
hi marc (again... had a strange nick...)
14:55:56 [enrico]
enrico has joined #emotion
14:56:04 [Zakim]
INC_EMOXG()10:00AM has now started
14:56:11 [Zakim]
+ +049892892aaaa
14:56:34 [bjoern]
Zakim, I am aaaa
14:56:34 [Zakim]
+bjoern; got it
14:56:43 [Zakim]
+??P1
14:56:53 [Christian]
Christian has joined #emotion
14:56:55 [marc]
zakim, I am ??P1
14:56:55 [Zakim]
+marc; got it
14:58:29 [marc]
Scribe instructions: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/group/IRC-Cheat-Sheet.html
14:58:56 [Zakim]
+??P4
14:59:28 [marc]
zakim, P4 is enrico
14:59:28 [Zakim]
sorry, marc, I do not recognize a party named 'P4'
14:59:34 [marc]
zakim, enrico is P4
14:59:34 [Zakim]
sorry, marc, I do not recognize a party named 'enrico'
14:59:42 [mrseo]
mrseo has joined #emotion
14:59:56 [marc]
zakim, ??P4 is Enrico
14:59:56 [Zakim]
+Enrico; got it
15:00:23 [felix]
felix has joined #emotion
15:00:24 [mrseo]
hi, mrseo is Eva
15:00:33 [marc]
Hi Eva!
15:00:39 [mrseo]
:) Hi
15:00:42 [marc]
Hi Christian!
15:00:48 [marc]
Can you join us on the phone?
15:00:59 [bjoern]
Scribe: bjoern
15:01:07 [Zakim]
+ +49.381.402.aabb
15:01:13 [mrseo]
yeah...i have ti install colloquy
15:01:31 [marc]
zakim, aabb is Christian
15:01:31 [Zakim]
+Christian; got it
15:01:33 [bjoern]
ScribeNick: bjoern
15:01:54 [bjoern]
Scribe: Bjoern Schuller
15:02:17 [bjoern]
Chair: Marc Schroeder
15:02:40 [Christian]
its me again
15:02:41 [Zakim]
+ +049303aacc
15:03:07 [marc]
zakim, aacc is Felix
15:03:07 [Zakim]
+Felix; got it
15:03:18 [Zakim]
+ +95177aadd
15:03:26 [marc]
zakim, who is here?
15:03:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bjoern, marc, Enrico, Christian, Felix, +95177aadd
15:03:27 [Zakim]
On IRC I see felix, mrseo, Christian, enrico, bjoern, RRSAgent, Zakim, marc, trackbot-ng
15:03:29 [bjoern]
Meeting: EMOXG phone meeting 28 February 2008
15:03:32 [marc]
zakim, aadd is Catherine
15:03:32 [Zakim]
+Catherine; got it
15:04:36 [Zakim]
+??P29
15:04:38 [Dylan]
Dylan has joined #emotion
15:04:44 [eva]
eva has joined #emotion
15:05:01 [marc]
zakim, ??P29 is Jianhua
15:05:01 [Zakim]
+Jianhua; got it
15:05:22 [bjoern]
Regrets: Ian, Myriam, Bill
15:05:27 [cpeter]
cpeter has joined #emotion
15:05:58 [Zakim]
+??P27
15:06:19 [Dylan]
Hi everyone
15:06:51 [bjoern]
Present: Christian, Dylan, Bjoern, Christian, Enrico, Eva, Felix, Marc, Jianhua
15:06:51 [marc]
zakim, ??P27 is Dylan
15:06:51 [Zakim]
+Dylan; got it
15:07:19 [marc]
next item
15:07:50 [marc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Feb/0002.html
15:07:51 [Zakim]
+??P33
15:08:27 [Zakim]
+ +03494301aaee
15:08:42 [marc]
zakim, ??P33 is eva
15:08:42 [Zakim]
+eva; got it
15:09:10 [jtao]
jtao has joined #emotion
15:09:16 [marc]
zakim, aaee is Nestor_Idoia
15:09:16 [Zakim]
+Nestor_Idoia; got it
15:10:05 [marc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Feb/0002.html
15:10:33 [bjoern]
Marc: everybody clear on history of list of requirements? (explains...)
15:14:15 [bjoern]
Marc: should first and second priority items be shifted among groups or kept?
15:15:07 [bjoern]
Marc: Appraisals might be shifted to core description.
15:16:36 [bjoern]
Dylan: agrees that appraisals should be shifted.
15:17:18 [eva]
yet
15:17:40 [bjoern]
Eva: asks for reconsideration within 1 week.
15:18:04 [bjoern]
Marc: let's give everybody 1 week for reconsideration.
15:21:28 [enrico]
enrico has joined #emotion
15:22:10 [bjoern]
Bjoern: would like to safe regulation.
15:22:30 [bjoern]
Marc: reminds that this ranking is only helping us but not mandatory.
15:24:20 [bjoern]
Marc: considers No. 11 as difficult to accomplish example (semantics of links to the rest of the world)
15:25:39 [bjoern]
Enrico: let's have a borderline group (e.g. appraisal, regulation)
15:26:46 [bjoern]
Eva: stresses need of regulation.
15:28:18 [eva]
it was not Eva :)
15:28:33 [bjoern]
appologizes... who was it?
15:29:03 [enrico]
maybe Catherine?
15:29:45 [bjoern]
probably. thank you.
15:30:32 [bjoern]
Bjoern: corrects that Catherine and not Eva stresses need of regulation.
15:32:29 [bjoern]
Marc: if we do not have anybody vote against appraisal: include it.
15:33:08 [bjoern]
Marc: would not include regulation due to added complexity.
15:35:09 [Zakim]
-Jianhua
15:37:36 [Zakim]
+??P13
15:38:48 [bjoern]
Marc: there is a good reason to include regulation but for the moment we will keep it in the second group.
15:39:34 [bjoern]
Bjoern: agrees to keep regulation less prioritized.
15:40:34 [bjoern]
Christian: Global Metadata is all in group two.
15:40:46 [Zakim]
-eva
15:40:54 [bjoern]
Marc: let's have one "blank" Global Metadata in the first part of the list.
15:41:01 [bjoern]
Christian: agrees.
15:41:49 [bjoern]
ACTION: Dylan to send around updated requirement list - due in one week.
15:41:50 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-14 - send around updated requirement list [on Dylan Evans - due 2008-02-28].
15:42:08 [marc]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/
15:42:32 [marc]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/emotion/charter-20071129#deliverables
15:42:33 [bjoern]
ACTION- 14
15:43:12 [bjoern]
ACTION: Dylan to send around updated requirement list - due 2008-03-06
15:43:12 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-15 - send around updated requirement list [on Dylan Evans - due 2008-03-06].
15:48:21 [bjoern]
ACTION: Felix to organize revised requirements documents and ensure W3C conformity - due 2008-03-15
15:48:21 [trackbot-ng]
Created ACTION-16 - organize revised requirements documents and ensure W3C conformity [on Felix Burkhardt - due 2008-03-15].
15:49:58 [Zakim]
+??P39
15:51:00 [marc]
next item
15:53:24 [bjoern]
Marc: we will shift this item due to absence of the experts on this.
15:53:29 [marc]
next item
15:55:56 [bjoern]
Christian: favours XML in order not to force people to learn new MLs.
15:56:29 [bjoern]
Marc: the question how easily these could be combined should be answered.
15:57:02 [bjoern]
Marc: we will have to leave it open due to lack of volunteers on this one.
15:57:07 [marc]
next item
15:57:37 [mrseo]
mrseo has joined #emotion
15:58:27 [mrseo]
agree
15:58:41 [Zakim]
-Christian
15:59:58 [mrseo]
agree
16:00:04 [bjoern]
agrees...
16:00:14 [enrico]
ok for me
16:00:34 [mrseo]
yeah
16:01:06 [bjoern]
Marc: suggests to leave next meeting open and decide upon progress wrt syntax.
16:02:02 [bjoern]
Marc: suggests to clarify details by email.
16:02:31 [mrseo]
ok, thank tou
16:02:37 [mrseo]
bye
16:02:38 [Zakim]
-Felix
16:02:39 [Zakim]
-Dylan
16:02:40 [Zakim]
-Nestor_Idoia
16:02:40 [Zakim]
-Catherine
16:02:42 [Zakim]
-??P13
16:02:48 [Zakim]
-Enrico
16:02:57 [marc]
zakim, who is here?
16:02:57 [Zakim]
On the phone I see bjoern, marc, ??P39
16:02:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see mrseo, enrico, jtao, cpeter, Dylan, felix, Christian, bjoern, RRSAgent, Zakim, marc, trackbot-ng
16:04:56 [bjoern]
rrsagent, make logs public
16:05:21 [bjoern]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:05:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/28-emotion-minutes.html bjoern
16:07:42 [marc]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Feb/0002.html
16:07:53 [bjoern]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-emotion/2008Feb/0002.html
16:08:10 [bjoern]
rrsagent, draft minutes
16:08:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2008/02/28-emotion-minutes.html bjoern
16:10:37 [Zakim]
-bjoern
16:10:38 [Zakim]
-marc
16:11:14 [marc]
zakim, bye
16:11:14 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were +049892892aaaa, bjoern, marc, Enrico, +49.381.402.aabb, Christian, +049303aacc, Felix, +95177aadd, Catherine, Jianhua, Dylan,
16:11:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #emotion
16:11:17 [Zakim]
... +03494301aaee, eva, Nestor_Idoia
16:11:27 [marc]
rrsagent, bye
16:11:27 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/28-emotion-actions.rdf :
16:11:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dylan to send around updated requirement list - due in one week. [1]
16:11:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/28-emotion-irc#T15-41-49
16:11:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dylan to send around updated requirement list - due 2008-03-06 [2]
16:11:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/28-emotion-irc#T15-43-12
16:11:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Felix to organize revised requirements documents and ensure W3C conformity - due 2008-03-15 [3]
16:11:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/28-emotion-irc#T15-48-21